Saved by obeying the commandments?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ask Behold. You've chosen him to teach you. Good luck! Just watch out for the quicksand. Not all is solid.

@Ritajanice is all about "Paul".

Paul's Doctrine.

She was familiar with his truth, his doctrine, before she came to this forum..... and so that is her "Teacher".

If you were the same, then she would hear you, as she would hear PAUL.

its really just that situation, 1stCenturyLady

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Ritajanice is all about "Paul".

Paul's Doctrine.

She was familiar with his truth, his doctrine, before she came to this forum..... and so that is her "Teacher".

If you were the same, then she would hear you, as she would here PAUL.

its really just that situation, 1stCenturyLady
Amen!....Brother....I hear him LOUD AND CLEAR....Praise God!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We HEAR that, as "following his Doctrine" that is to follow Christ, because Jesus gave to Paul, what we HEAR, spiritually.
Spot ON!!....Hallelujah...In Jesus Name....Amen!!

Brother in Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What unbeliever has a direct line to God?
The devil.
Otherwise...
No unbeliever has any such thing.
What they have is sin, and God provided the Cross to deal with it all.
I believe that Jesus on the cross opened the door [the gate closed to the Garden of Eden], but what must a person do in order to be allowed to attend the wedding?

Mt 22:11And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mt 22:12And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mt 22:13Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mt 22:14For many are called, but few are chosen.

And... that is the only connection they have to God, until they are born again.

Zero

In both cases, the spirit has become "one with God".

At this point, as with Adam, we may still choose to disobey God following our own way instead of His, but who would do that? Adam did, and too many it seems have followed Adam's example instead of the one Jesus lived for us as a man of flesh.
'
""""""The completion, it seems to me, would be when a person has finished growing to be more like Him:""""""

God has pre-destined the born again to be conformed into the image of Christ.
That happens in Heaven., not down here.
No overcomers "down here". Did not Jesus overcome "down here"? When and where is a person able to partake of the Tree of Life, that other tree mentioned specifically in the Garden of Eden?

To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. Rev 2:7

However, There is this.... "as many be perfect", and "the fullness of the Stature of Christ"... and those are the completed maturity of the born again Christian, on the earth.

Baby......adult.....Fully Mature.

The Devil is the tempter.
The world will temp you.
What world did Jesus overcome here?

Joh 16:33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
I believe that it was the world of the temptations of his own flesh and/or the devil. He still had to go to the cross to pay the sins of others and to open the door, but he was no longer subject to temptation. His last temptation seemingly was overcome here after the third time:

Mt 26:39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I believe that Jesus on the cross opened the door [the gate closed to the Garden of Eden], but what must a person do in order to be allowed to attend the wedding?

Jesus said... "you must be born again"

No overcomers "down here".

1 john 5

This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that OVERCOMES the world?
Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. This is the one who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ.

Did not Jesus overcome "down here"? When and where is a person able to partake of the Tree of Life, that other tree mentioned specifically in the Garden

Only be concerned with one "tree"

The Cross of Christ.

"accept no substitutes".

To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. Rev 2:7

This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. This is the one who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said... "you must be born again"

1 john 5

This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that OVERCOMES the world?
Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. This is the one who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ.

Only be concerned with one "tree"

The Cross of Christ.

"accept no substitutes".

This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. This is the one who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ.
Take care @Behold I will stop here as while we agree on some things, there are some walls between us and the OP was by @dev553344

Give God the glory!

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take care @Behold I will stop here as while we agree on some things, there are some walls between us and the OP was by @dev553344

Give God the glory!
Sorry you had a bad experience. The thread was mainly to emphasize the promise made by Jesus to the rich man. And how he had to perfectly obey the commandments to get that promise. It probably got de-railed as all threads seem to anyways. Cheers.

Reactions: amadeus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The thread was mainly to emphasize the promise made by Jesus to the rich man. And how he had to perfectly obey the commandments to get that promise.

"""The Law came by Moses... but GRACE and TRUTH came by Jesus The Christ""

Like these..

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW...... for Righteousness, for/to everyone who BELIEVES"

"Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE....OF.....THE.....LAW"""

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"""The Law came by Moses... but GRACE and TRUTH came by Jesus The Christ""

Like these..

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW...... for Righteousness, for/to everyone who BELIEVES"

"Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE....OF.....THE.....LAW"""
I see you're ignoring scripture again. We are not going to be able to carry on a scriptural conversation so I will also say good day! Cheers!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I see you're ignoring scripture again. We are not going to be able to carry on a scriptural conversation so I will also say good day! Cheers!

When you try to use self effort, and the law and commandments, and water baptism..... to try to go to heaven, or, to try to stay saved, you are denying the Cross of Christ.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's obvious to me that some people don't teach the Gospel of Christ. I find that a simple check to see if they ignore scripture is proof enough.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see @1stCenturyLady ....I fully understand what is being taught here.....as it’s the LIVING word of God...Hallelujah and Amen!!
If you only believed the living Word of God you wouldn't add falsehoods like the words "present and future"

Jesus is the Author of taking away our sin nature, not excusing it for future use.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's obvious to me that some people don't teach the Gospel of Christ. I find that a simple check to see if they ignore scripture is proof enough.

The Gospel of Christ is "Paul's Gospel".

Its this..

"The Gospel of the Grace of God".

"faith is counted as righteousness"

"justification by faith" without works or the deeds of the law

"Abraham is the Father of our Faith".

"without faith its impossible to please God"

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel of Christ is "Paul's Gospel".

Its this..

"The Gospel of the Grace of God".

"faith is counted as righteousness"

"justification by faith" without works or the deeds of the law

"Abraham is the Father of our Faith".

"without faith its impossible to please God"
No, the gospel of Christ is all the passages in the bible that say "do this and you will be saved". Baptism is one of them, obeying the commandments another, as well as all the other passages that you ignore.