Saved in Childbearing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
This is something the Lord had strongly impressed upon me a while back when I was meditating, and has done again today while I was meditating. It has been in harmony with what a dear brother, now passed away, used to tell me.

[sup]15[/sup] Nevertheless she [the woman] will be saved in childbearing [maternal duties] if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

Paul says this speaking to real women and men, but the Lord impressed on me that it is also a picture. The woman is the church, and the 'child' is Christ. In other words, the church is saved in birthing Christ.

My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you- (Gal. 4:19)

The church is saved by manifesting Yeshua; Christ, salvation (hence Yeshua).

As a wise brother of mine once said, 'the christian is saved by manifesting Christ'. So it is with the church.

Blessings to all!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty good stuff Prentis. I'd ask you to kick this around in your head...

The child isn't "Christ", but rather "Christ in you" or "the man child" (Col 1:27, Rev 12). What you say isn't against what I am saying, but let us not forget the order which Paul spoke of in 1 Cor 11:3 and Eph 5. Christ is the head of the Chuch. What I'm saying is the Child is not Christ, but what you speak of by Gal 4:19, Christ being formed in us.

So Christ (the Husband) is the head of the Church (His wife), which is us, but we are the Children -- more specifically the inward man or the spiritual man child which is being born or developed.

I like your reference to Gal 4:19... Did you see that word "labor", thus the reference child birth? Not looking to start a Bible version war, but let me give you what the KJV said...

"My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Great topic! Let's expand on it... There are a lot of verses I can think of that can be tied into this concept.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about this perspective Prentis?

I'm about 6 months away from being a dad, so maybe this is coming up for a reason right now. When a child is born and raised, it's the parents job to make sure that child is taught what he or she needs to know. For the Christian, the most important thing is Jesus. I was talking with a young mom yesterday who explained her trouble with explaining Jesus to her very young child. In the context of Christmas, she explained Jesus as a man who loves the child (and everyone else) very much so that he gives away all of his presents to everyone else. (Obviously a two-year-old won't respond very much to the concept of atonment and propitiation.) I was struck with how simple of an explanation that was, but it summed up Jesus coming to earth for us and giving us the ultimate gift with His ultimate sacrifice.

Matthew 28:18b-20
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them int the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Left the old-school red formatting since YouVersion provided it.

The church should be reproductive. There is something very tremendous, sacred and holy about a parent getting the honor of instilling there child with Jesus. I'm tremendously nervous about this aspect of me being a dad, but yet extremely excited that I've already begun to dwell on the subject in my mind and in talking with my wife. It should be no different for a church. It's a blessing for us, as the bride of Christ, to go through this process with new believers.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something the Lord had strongly impressed upon me a while back when I was meditating, and has done again today while I was meditating. It has been in harmony with what a dear brother, now passed away, used to tell me.

[sup]15[/sup] Nevertheless she [the woman] will be saved in childbearing [maternal duties] if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

Paul says this speaking to real women and men, but the Lord impressed on me that it is also a picture. The woman is the church, and the 'child' is Christ. In other words, the church is saved in birthing Christ.

My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you- (Gal. 4:19)

The church is saved by manifesting Yeshua; Christ, salvation (hence Yeshua).

As a wise brother of mine once said, 'the christian is saved by manifesting Christ'. So it is with the church.

Blessings to all!

I really like this post!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Pretty good stuff Prentis. I'd ask you to kick this around in your head...

The child isn't "Christ", but rather "Christ in you" or "the man child" (Col 1:27, Rev 12). What you say isn't against what I am saying, but let us not forget the order which Paul spoke of in 1 Cor 11:3 and Eph 5. Christ is the head of the Chuch. What I'm saying is the Child is not Christ, but what you speak of by Gal 4:19, Christ being formed in us.

So Christ (the Husband) is the head of the Church (His wife), which is us, but we are the Children -- more specifically the inward man or the spiritual man child which is being born or developed.

I like your reference to Gal 4:19... Did you see that word "labor", thus the reference child birth? Not looking to start a Bible version war, but let me give you what the KJV said...

"My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Great topic! Let's expand on it... There are a lot of verses I can think of that can be tied into this concept.

Yes, thank you for this correction. The child is the new creation in us, Christ in us. It is our being perfected in this that brings forth the new man to maturity. :)

And yes, I saw the word labour, which makes the connection only clearer...

How about this perspective Prentis?

I'm about 6 months away from being a dad, so maybe this is coming up for a reason right now. When a child is born and raised, it's the parents job to make sure that child is taught what he or she needs to know. For the Christian, the most important thing is Jesus. I was talking with a young mom yesterday who explained her trouble with explaining Jesus to her very young child. In the context of Christmas, she explained Jesus as a man who loves the child (and everyone else) very much so that he gives away all of his presents to everyone else. (Obviously a two-year-old won't respond very much to the concept of atonment and propitiation.) I was struck with how simple of an explanation that was, but it summed up Jesus coming to earth for us and giving us the ultimate gift with His ultimate sacrifice.

Matthew 28:18b-20
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them int the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Left the old-school red formatting since YouVersion provided it.

The church should be reproductive. There is something very tremendous, sacred and holy about a parent getting the honor of instilling there child with Jesus. I'm tremendously nervous about this aspect of me being a dad, but yet extremely excited that I've already begun to dwell on the subject in my mind and in talking with my wife. It should be no different for a church. It's a blessing for us, as the bride of Christ, to go through this process with new believers.

Congrats HammerStone on the coming baby! :) Indeed, God desires us to train our children in his ways, so that he would have godly offspring.

I really like this post!

:)

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Good stuff guys, love it when the truth is spoken...Congratulations HammerStone on the up coming birth of your child..When we celebrate Christmas,give gifts from the Lord, not Santa...