Scariverse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Whats the scariest or creepiest verse you know

For me this would have to be one; Matt 7:22-23 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

200.gif

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
When Jesus demonstrates his authority to judge. Matthew 21:18-19

There are also a few on hell that are quite disturbing, Weber's home posts them frequently.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Jeremiah 19:9.
And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend....

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I'll agree with Matthew 7:23; "I never knew you: depart from me". I can't imagine more devastating words that anyone could hear.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Man I really thought this thread would take off but instead its more like ;
Nuclear_Blast_Animation_Blinding_Light.gif

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
This was a reading today at Mass from Ezekiel 33. It's sufficiently scary because it says we will be held responsible for the wicked we fail to warn:

7 “So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me.
8 When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Our very souls may be at stake if we keep silent when we ought to be warning the wicked. Scary indeed!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Madad21 said:
Man I really thought this thread would take off but instead its more like ;
Nuclear_Blast_Animation_Blinding_Light.gif
You expected a thread on scary verses to take off? :D

Luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
This Vale Of Tears said:
This was a reading today at Mass from Ezekiel 33. It's sufficiently scary because it says we will be held responsible for the wicked we fail to warn:

7 “So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me.
8 When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Our very souls may be at stake if we keep silent when we ought to be warning the wicked. Scary indeed!
Thanks for this post. I needed this reminder!! Become far too complacent in my environment.