Will we be judged by Christs words in RED in the gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 12:48 (KJV) He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
I believe we will be judged by Christ's words and out of the mouth of God. I worry that quoting and living in Paul's words will cause me to hear this.

Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

Does anyone else agree with me? It is God's words that won't pass away not man's written words. Mr 13:31 So I tend to stay more in the words in red.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to CB.

We must follow all the doctrine of the whole counsel of God out of his words.
Paul is the apostle appointed to the Gentiles. This is true, we must obey the commandments of the New Testament for it is from Christ that we live under grace by faith!

Galatians 3:28
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 12:48 (KJV) He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
I believe we will be judged by Christ's words and out of the mouth of God. I worry that quoting and living in Paul's words will cause me to hear this.

Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

Does anyone else agree with me? It is God's words that won't pass away not man's written words. Mr 13:31 So I tend to stay more in the words in red.
No.

Our sin swere laid upon Jesus and were judged and punished there.

We are judged only for the works done in His name whether they be gold silver, precious stones or wood hay or stubble for eternal rewards or eternal loss of rewards.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To grow and mature we must move beyond the principles of Christ.
Paul's words take us through the milk into the strong meat of maturing in all God's provisions & promises in his word.
It takes the whole, not part and must be done through the leading of the Spirit.
Paul was taught of Christ and led through much suffering for his word.
He instructs us to be in use of all Scripture for it is Holy Spirit inspired!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul's words take us through the milk into the strong meat of maturing in all God's provisions & promises in his word.
It takes the whole, not part and must be done through the leading of the Spirit.
Well I don't think Paul tops Jesus. but one has to take into consideration the who and when and why of why Jesus said what He said.

All SCripture is equally inspired, but not all Scripture is equally applicable.

• Sad
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not judged to the condemnations of the unrighteous.
Only our works in his name will be judged by Christ in the intent of the heart as works of righteousness.
Fearing condemnation is a work of satan.
Living " in Christ" there is no condemnation to those who follow him through the Spirit.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't think Paul tops Jesus. but one has to take into consideration the who and when and why of why Jesus said what He said.

All SCripture is equally inspired, but not all Scripture is equally applicable.
By no means does Paul top Jesus, nor did I say such.
It is only through Christ that we must be saved, no other name under heaven.
It does take the whole of scripture to inform us of God's attributes, character and love to his ppl.
All, as you say is not applicable to those in Christ, for we live under grace and not by the law of the O. T.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As well as ALL the episles of the other apostles and holy men inspired by the Holy Ghost !

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to CB.

We must follow all the doctrine of the whole counsel of God out of his words.
Paul is the apostle appointed to the Gentiles. This is true, we must obey the commandments of the New Testament for it is from Christ that we live under grace by faith!

Galatians 3:28
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Messiah had problems with the church (synagogues) back then lots of "woes" to them, do you think it isn't the same with church again? He didn't like doctrines of men said so. He said if we were his disciple we follow him. What to me people don't get in all the NT, the holy scriptures Paul used was the OT just as we have. We are told by Messiah we need none other teach us. The other thing I find interesting is that never was the first commandment that Messiah stated even said Mt 22:37-40 and the only thing used was love they neighbor.
Gal 5:14. Do you think the 2 commandments Messiah said that the first one humans are capable of doing?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By no means does Paul top Jesus, nor did I say such.
It is only through Christ that we must be saved, no other name under heaven.
It does take the whole of scripture to inform us of God's attributes, character and love to his ppl.
All, as you say is not applicable to those in Christ, for we live under grace and not by the law of the O. T.
Well I apologize then. As you wrote it, it seemed to say we must leave the principle of Jesus and move on to what Paul teaches, which is the priniciple of Christ!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I apologize then. As you wrote it, it seemed to say we must leave the principle of Jesus and move on to what Paul teaches, which is the priniciple of Christ!
Hebrews 6
Therefore leaving the principles of the DOCTRINE OF CHRIST let us go on unto PERFECTION; not laying again the foundation of repentance from DEAD WORKS and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of BAPTISMS, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

These underlined are the principles of the doctrine of Christ. What we first learn at our salvation, repenting from dead works (of sin). Including the baptisms of water & the Spirit, the Resurrection (second coming) or of eternal fire after the judgment of God (in the separating of the sheep & goats).

Paul is given to teach believers how to MATURE AS BELIEVERS, going on into perfection.

All the Epistles are for our benefit of growth but Paul was called outside of Jewry bc of his renowned status as a Pharisee to not teach the LAW BUT RATHER THE GRACE OF GOD !

Paul would have aced the Law & it's commandments.
God takes the foolishness of the cross to confound the wicked religious righteous. Instead, giving it to the unlearned ignorant fishers of men !

I am not a Pauline theologist but believe it does take the whole counsel of the word of God to GROW in grace, building on the chief cornerstone of Christ; our foundation!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 6
Therefore leaving the principles of the DOCTRINE OF CHRIST let us go on unto PERFECTION; not laying again the foundation of repentance from DEAD WORKS and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of BAPTISMS, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

These underlined are the principles of the doctrine of Christ. What we first learn at our salvation, repenting from dead works (of sin). Including the baptisms of water & the Spirit, the Resurrection (second coming) or of eternal fire after the judgment of God (in the separating of the sheep & goats).
Well if you understood grammar and how sentences are constructed, you would imediately recognize that Baptisms, laying of hands, resurrection and judgment go back to their nearest antecedant- foundation of repentance of dead works!

• Haha

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you understood grammar and how sentences are constructed, you would imediately recognize that Baptisms, laying of hands, resurrection and judgment go back to their nearest antecedant- foundation of repentance of dead works!
smile-grin5.gifpuuuuulease, :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: