Scathing website about Mitt Romney and Mormonism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I attend and participate fully in all forms of worship (including at the temple) as much as any male person.

So you do not know what it means to be Temple Mormon?

You have taken no sacred vow, you do not wear sacred underwear, you cannot take a woman in celestial marriage.

I repeat, you need to talk to those who have been there. Then maybe what I'm saying will sink in.

For here please deal with these verses from the book of Mormon:
  • Alma 18:9-10
    And they said unto him: Behold, he is feeding thy horses. Now the king had commanded his servants, previous to the time of the watering of their flocks, that they should prepare his horses and chariots, and conduct him forth to the land of Nephi...Now when king Lamoni heard that Ammon was preparing his horses and his chariots he was more astonished...
  • Alma 18:12
    And it came to pass that when Ammon had made ready the horses and the chariots for the king and his servants...
  • Alma 20:6
    Now when Lamoni had heard this he caused that his servants should make ready his horses and his chariots.
  • 3 Nephi 3:22
    And it came to pass in the *seventeenth year, in the latter end of the year, the proclamation of Lachoneus had gone forth throughout all the face of the land, and they had taken their horses, and their chariots, and their cattle, and all their flocks, and their herds, and their grain, and all their substance, and did march forth by thousands and by tens of thousands, until they had all gone forth to the place which had been appointed that they should gather themselves together, to defend themselves against their enemies.

There is absolutely no evidence the Jews migrating to the Americans in the OT times.

Jesus and Satan were brothers born of sex between God and one of his wives
https://www.exmormon.org/d6/drupal/The-Mormon-Church-never-taught-that-Jesus-and-Satan-are-brothers?

Five Questions With a Former Mormon

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm happy to clarify :)
Did you want me to just come out and state what it I actually believe (my preference), or did you want me to go through CI's statements, or both or _______.

I would like to see what CI has to say as he has ignored your offers ;)
But, either way, it is really up to you...I would like to see some de-bunking of his "facts". Up to you sister ♥ Ty!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you do not know what it means to be Temple Mormon?
Again, @CoreIssue, are YOU interested in getting your facts straight and learning something? (Right now everything you're saying if completely off). If yes, I'm thrilled to clarify. If you're not interested, then I won't waste your or my time.

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, @CoreIssue, are YOU interested in getting your facts straight and learning something? (Right now everything you're saying if completely off). If yes, I'm thrilled to clarify. If you're not interested, then I won't waste your or my time.

I have my facts straight.

Should be clear to anybody that you disagree with you is to be a liar in your mind.

I gave you some quotes from the book of Mormon,etc. are they all lies too?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Should be clear to anybody that you disagree with you is to be a liar in your mind.

I gave you some quotes from the book of Mormon,etc. are they all lies too?

Just calling someone a liar does not make it so. Sometimes the accuser is lying,

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue , I'm sorry that you aren't interested in learning and instead think you know everything (having never once actually even stepped foot into an LDS Church).
But, since you aren't interested in learning, I shall respect your request here and not waste our time giving you the real story here.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue , I'm sorry that you aren't interested in learning and instead think you know everything (having never once actually even stepped foot into an LDS Church).
But, since you aren't interested in learning, I shall respect your request here and not waste our time giving you the real story here.

Who are you to say what I do and do not know?

As I said, everyone who disagrees with you is either ignorant or a liar. None of the links I posted speak the truth.

Just like the Catholic Church the LDS thinks it is the only truth on the earth.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Myth addressing time, grabbing a sub-portion just for right now, will address more in next post---

To Christ and Satan are brothers born to a God and one of his wives on another planet.
Italic is completely false. Non-italic is incorrect via misrepresentation (neither are "born" using any dictionary definition)
A temple Mormon marries many women in a celestial temple ceremony so as to be able to produce enough offspring to populate their planet if they achieve godhood.
Complete lies and offensive one at that.
You and I have spirits that were produced by sexual intercourse of God the father and wanting his wives.
More offensive bunk.
The book of Mormon is another part of the Bible in their beliefs.
More bunk. The "Mormon Bible" is the KJV. The Book of Mormon is not the Bible.
Of course you have to become a temple Mormon learn all of this. And only men can become Temple Mormons.
Also complete bunk.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As I said, everyone who disagrees with you is either ignorant or a liar. None of the links I posted speak the truth.

And don't think it is unnoticed did not address the quotes from the book of Mormon,etc I gave to you.

The real issue here is you are a free of a public exchange on the facts.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have you ever stepped foot into an LDS Church?
Attended an LDS service?
Read all of these documents and studied them?

Reactions: Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Myth addressing time, grabbing a sub-portion just for right now, will address more in next post---

Italic is completely false. Non-italic is incorrect via misrepresentation (neither are "born" using any dictionary definition)

Complete lies and offensive one at that.

More offensive bunk.

More bunk. The "Mormon Bible" is the KJV. The Book of Mormon is not the Bible.

Also complete bunk.

My goodness, what a powerful fact laden rebuttal.... Not

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness, what a powerful fact laden rebuttal.... Not
@CoreIssue, you've already stated that you have no interest in improving your knowledge. You said this with your words and with your actions when you completely ignored my explanation that LDS people of both genders participate fully in worship (including in the temple) contradicting one of your statements.

As you don't have any interest in learning, please let's not waste our time not-learning.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever stepped foot into an LDS Church?
Attended an LDS service?
Read all of these documents and studied them?

I studied the book of Mormon and other documents. A lot a claims with no substance.

I already gave you examples of errors in the book of Mormon. And testimonies of ex Temple Mormons.

The very fact the book of Mormon is claimed to be part of the Bible should be sufficient in itself to defeat you.

All you have to offer is platitudes.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to see what CI has to say as he has ignored your offers ;)
But, either way, it is really up to you...I would like to see some de-bunking of his "facts". Up to you sister ♥ Ty!
Explaining what I actually believe--

Obviously Christ, His role of the Savior and Son of God is the most important part of my faith (or any other Christian's faith). He is MY Savior, whom a love and strive to follow with every ounce of my being. I was going to re-posting some I wrote on another thread (What I actually believe -- sharing love of Christ) addressing a lot of the misconception people have here, but I see you already read a lot of it. Which is awesome. If you want me to touch on any more of that I'd be happy to. Christ, salvation, faith, repentance, the Spirit, the Father-- those are all the huge important topics.

As to important-but-not-the-most-important theological topics, I'll just kind of go bullet point style in a random order.
- LDS folks are very Armenian, not Calvinists
- The Holy Spirit speaks to all men and guides believers & testifies of Truth. This testimony is the foundation of faith. Likewise prayer is super important.
- A believers baptism by immersion is part of following Christ's commandments.
- God (via the Holy Spirit) still speaks to man individually and collectively (His mouthpieces are prophets)
- We really do try to follow "if you love me, keep my commandments". And on the frequent times each of us screw up, that's where repentance comes in.
- Following the law is important. In countries where a person has the right/responsibility to vote or otherwise contribute to things, they should do so.
- Family is a huge huge deal. We first learn of the Gospel at home, and it's the best place to continue learning about Him and being His disciple.

So that's probably enough rambling for now...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Obviously Christ, His role of the Savior and Son of God is the most important part of my faith (or any other Christian's faith). He is MY Savior, whom a love and strive to follow with every ounce of my being. I was going to re-posting some I wrote on another thread (What I actually believe -- sharing love of Christ) addressing a lot of the misconception people have here, but I see you already read a lot of it. Which is awesome. If you want me to touch on any more of that I'd be happy to. Christ, salvation, faith, repentance, the Spirit, the Father-- those are all the huge important topics.

As to important-but-not-the-most-important theological topics, I'll just kind of go bullet point style in a random order.
- The Holy Spirit speaks to all men and guides believers & testifies of Truth. This testimony is the foundation of faith. Likewise prayer is super important.
- God (via the Holy Spirit) still speaks to man individually and collectively (His mouthpieces are prophets)
- We really do try to follow "if you love me, keep my commandments". And on the frequent times each of us screw up, that's where repentance comes in.
- Following the law is important. In countries where a person has the right/responsibility to vote or otherwise contribute to things, they should do so.
- Family is a huge huge deal. We first learn of the Gospel at home, and it's the best place to continue learning about Him and being His disciple.

Nothing here I disagree with. And, yes, it is ALL super important and should be foremost in ALL Christians.
I have come to rest in Him alone and not doctrine. The only doctrine I will claim with total confidence is that Jesus Christ came in the flesh and paid my way ♥ NOT that doctrine is not important but, no one demon. can claim all truth, at least, IMHO :)
Ty and God Bless!

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have talked to a lot of Mormons in my time.

The problem is like what is going on here, you have made a lot of claims but have not provided a single verse in the book of Mormon, official Mormon doctrine or any other documentation to support your statements.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have talked to a lot of Mormons in my time.

The problem is like what is going on here, you have made a lot of claims but have not provided a single verse in the book of Mormon, official Mormon doctrine or any other documentation to support your statements.

Claiming Christ without showing the official Mormon definition of Christ is a pretty empty statement.

Jehovah witnesses claim a deep love of Christ the most assuredly there Christ is not the Christ of the Bible.

Catholics claim salvation by by grace. But they do find grace as something enabled by works.

So let me ask a real simple question here. How do you see Joseph Smith, the founder of the LDS?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming Christ without showing the official Mormon definition of Christ is a pretty empty statement.

Jehovah witnesses claim a deep love of Christ the most assuredly there Christ is not the Christ of the Bible.

Catholics claim salvation by by grace. But they do find grace as something enabled by works.

So let me ask a real simple question here. How do you see Joseph Smith, the founder of the LDS?
@CoreIssue, posting where you have no intention of listening and learning from the answer is trolling. Again, please let's not waste our time not-learning.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you refuse to offer proof of your claims.

I'm waiting for your proof as are others.
You don't care about the answers, by your own admission.
Please, until you are willing to listen and learn, I'm not going to waste anyone's time addressing posts that you don't want to hear the answers to. I have too much respect for you, myself, and everyone else on here to do that.