Scathing website about Mitt Romney and Mormonism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also remind everyone that the name Mormon comes from the supposedly angel who guided Joseph Smith to the golden tablets on which were written the supposed book of Mormon. Moroni. The angel statue on the top of Mormon temples.

Reactions: Ac28

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A radical segment of Mormonism, not Christianity.

And you have never told me what you think about Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism.

As far as names go, Mormons have changed the name several times in its history.
CI, please stop.
You, by your own admission, don't care about the answers to the questions you're asking and think you know everything about a faith you have never attended stepped foot in church of, and blatantly ignore how's it's been shown your numerous statements are completely false and (by your own admission) you don't care to be factual.
Please, just stop wasting our time.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CI, please stop.
You, by your own admission, don't care about the answers to the questions you're asking and think you know everything about a faith you have never attended stepped foot in church of, and blatantly ignore how's it's been shown your numerous statements are completely false and (by your own admission) you don't care to be factual.

Nothing I have said is false. And you saying I've admitted there false is sheer fabrication because I have not.

So I ask again, what do you think of Joseph Smith?

That is a statue of Moroni on the top of temples.

Reactions: Ac28

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing I have said is false. And you saying I've admitted there false is sheer fabrication because I have not.

So I ask again, what do you think of Joseph Smith?

That is a statue of Moroni on the top of temples.
CI, please stop.
You, by your own admission, don't care about the answers to the questions you're asking
and think you know everything about a faith you have never attended stepped foot in church of, and blatantly ignore how's it's been shown your numerous statements are completely false and (by your own admission) you don't care to be factual.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, the article describes the disciples of Warren Jeffs, who are a radical group of fundamentalist people.

I was addressing the following quote--
"apparently the old men are banishing the young men from the faith so they can get the young girls:"

The above is a lie intended to..,. well you tell me :)-

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CI, please stop.
You, by your own admission, don't care about the answers to the questions you're asking
and think you know everything about a faith you have never attended stepped foot in church of, and blatantly ignore how's it's been shown your numerous statements are completely false and (by your own admission) you don't care to be factual.

By my own admission I said I've already studied Mormonism from a temple Mormon point of view. Which you claim to be but are not.

You never specify exactly what you accuse me of saying that is in error.

Nor will you answer my question on Joseph Smith.

Typical Mormon tactic, meaning evasion and misdirection.

If you think you're the first Mormon I've talked to your sadly mistaken.

A coworker of mine at one time was a reformed Mormon. So that means I talk the more than just Salt Lake City Mormons.

All you can say is everything I said and every link I posted is a lie.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"apparently the old men are banishing the young men from the faith so they can get the young girls:"

My opinion it is to try to distract The fact there are many divisions of Mormonism.

When Salt Lake City stopped polygamy there were a lot of Mormons who thought they were abandoning the Mormon faith in the teachings of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

Mormon_Denominations.jpg

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Warren Jeffs' group totally does that (which is the group described by the website).
However, Warren Jeffs groups is not the same as the church/faith Romney belongs to. If Romney were to get married to a second person, he'd be instantly excommunicated. Same with molesting kid.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warren Jeffs' group totally does that (which is the group described by the website).
However, Warren Jeffs groups is not the same as the church/faith Romney belongs to. If Romney were to get married to a second person, he'd be instantly excommunicated. Same with molesting kid.

But the temple Mormon can practice polygamy in celestial marriages.

So it needs needs to be made clear exactly what kind of marriage you talking about.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of the ones we love may be or become involved in some terrible things, but when has it been otherwise with mankind? As to what we can or should do about it, we can at least talk to God about it. Will it fix the problem? If we speak to Him correctly it will accomplish all that can be accomplished according to God's plan.

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

What does prayer accomplish? We cannot save a person by our fervent prayers for the final decision will always remain with that person. However, as a result of our prayers God can see to it that the person has the necessary information to make an informed decision. Once informed then the result is according to his own choice to continue his own way or to switch over to God's. We will have done what we could. Some people enjoy the way of death in which they exist and even when they get a glimpse of Life, they still will not change. God does not twist arms to obtain followers and neither should we.

Sometimes in talking to God He may impress on us the need to speak to the person ourselves. This may also be a good thing, but the final decision for the person is still his. That is the individual. How many individuals would be required to enable or cause the nation, America, to change its direction? We must also be listening to Him so as to walk where He wants us walk even if we don't like some of what we see before us...
I think a lot of people need salvation in America but from what I see the church has grown so weak that not many are being evangelized. I've returned to evangelizing although there is not a lot I can do. It's easy to order tracts and hand them out but I've never been in a church that did it.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement: "Every Christian should be able to discern the evil emanating from the Pope's eyes."

Yes, I did try to bait you.I shouldn't have added the part about salvation, so please forgive me for that.
But, your quote is a sweeping statement of what a Christian should be able to discern, and not every Christian can discern what you can discern. I actually don't want to try to discern 'evil emanation from' someone's eyes. I don't have a clue about that.
And Christian maturity does involve discerning good from evil; evil is sin, so no, I don't see the sin in the Pope's eyes.
I'm sorry I commented on your post.
Forgiven. I'll try to be more careful about making presumptions.

It would be interesting to learn how others "trained their senses by reason of use." I looked it up and couldn't find any really good teaching on it, although I'm sure it exists.

Reactions: Nancy and tabletalk

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. As well as militant agnostics, militant Catholics, militant Protestants, etc.

Actually both men who sexually assaulted me (including raping me as a child) were white Protestant Americans. Likewise I've seen some white Christian Americans (including ministers) advocate for hate crimes professing it in the name of God.
Evil is evil. Let us not pretend that evil is about ethnicity, nationality, or faith professed with one's lips.
And even though there is such evil in the world and the devil's fires burns so adamantly, let us not fear, but rather have hope and faith in God.
I'm so sorry to hear that. We all get it in one way or another in this life. That must be painful. I've had some severe trials and even now am going through one. The worst thing ever done to me was done by a white Christian. Another evil was done by a white Christian youth pastor. I've been in churches where the pride was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Evil exists in everyone's heart. I've seen where strongholds were developed in churches where puffed up leaders wound believers with their pride. They were quick to point out the "sins" of those in the world, yet couldn't see their own "nicer" more respectable sins of pride.
Jeremiah 17:9 - The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

I still think it unwise to allow the spread of something that intends to conquer. Especially a group that accepts rape. In our society now, although rape happens, there is the restraining power of the law or else it would happen much more frequently. If we follow the way of the UK, which America usually does, then women are in for a lot of grief if rape is going to be excused in the manner the judge in the UK excused it. And not only women - they also practice bestiality. I read stories of animals they brutalized, including a puppy. I'm unsure about their stance on other men.
Proverbs 22:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
The prudent see danger and take refuge,
but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When this was written up Islamist subversion of America was not in view. Since the Koran clearly promotes Jihad and Muslim domination against all infidels, there must then be a further amendment to clarify that Islam does NOT qualify as a religion but an ideology to wage war against America and the West. The Islamists fully understand that they can subvert the Constitution while quoting the Constitution.

But here is what is written in the Koran, and Muslims claim that the West has been committing aggression again them, and all Westerners must be driven out of Muslim lands:

Sura 2:193. And fight them until there is no oppression, and worship becomes devoted to Allah alone. But if they cease, then let there be no hostility except against the oppressors.
Sura 2: 194. The sacred month for the sacred month; and sacrilege calls for retaliation. Whoever commits aggression against you, retaliate against him in the same measure as he has committed against you. And be conscious of Allah, and know that Allah is with the righteous.
Sura 2: 216. Fighting is ordained for you, even though you dislike it. But it may be that you dislike something while it is good for you, and it may be that you like something while it is bad for you. Allah knows, and you do not know.
Sura 2:244. Fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah is Hearing and Knowing.
Sura 3:19. Religion with Allah is Islam. Those to whom the Scripture was given differed only after knowledge came to them, out of envy among themselves. Whoever rejects the signs of Allah—Allah is quick to take account.
Sura 3:28. Believers are not to take disbelievers for friends instead of believers. Whoever does that has nothing to do with Allah, unless it is to protect your own selves against them. Allah warns you to beware of Him. To Allah is the destiny.
Sura 4:84. So fight in the cause of Allah; you are responsible only for yourself. And rouse the believers. Perhaps Allah will restrain the might of those who disbelieve. Allah is Stronger in Might, and More Punishing.
Is anyone actively trying to stop this subversion? From what I've read, they have huge families too, which would spread their doctrine even more in America. Pam Gellar reports on it, and they've tried to have her killed.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got it!
No worries...stepping right back....
ByGrace - I don't want to silence you either because I also know that other believers can sometimes see things that we might be blind to. It's a very tricky course when one is trying to grow spiritually or do some work for God - or that they think is for God. It's a road fraught with doubts. The enemy comes in like a flood to assail with attacks from within and without. So I still like to know when someone else sees something because we're all part of a body. I think it's great that you care enough about others to speak up.

I've been attacked in another way and I looked it up last night and found a good resource if anyone is interested. Because I was attacked in another area I tend to think something I'm doing may be right. It may not be this, it may be something else because I'm growing after being backslidden for a few years. It may be because I returned to evangelism. I don't know.

Spiritual Warfare 301: How to Do Battle with the Enemy and Win, Part 1

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a lot of people need salvation in America but from what I see the church has grown so weak that not many are being evangelized. I've returned to evangelizing although there is not a lot I can do. It's easy to order tracts and hand them out but I've never been in a church that did it.
We can only do what we can do. Our foremost evangelism is perhaps the way we live... that is, how we appear to everyone we meet whether we open our mouth or not. How much like Jesus are we?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgiven. I'll try to be more careful about making presumptions.

It would be interesting to learn how others "trained their senses by reason of use." I looked it up and couldn't find any really good teaching on it, although I'm sure it exists.

"trained their senses by reason of use."
I would say by getting away from the elementary and moving onto the deeper things of God. From milk to meat, Amen!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ByGrace - I don't want to silence you either because I also know that other believers can sometimes see things that we might be blind to. It's a very tricky course when one is trying to grow spiritually or do some work for God - or that they think is for God. It's a road fraught with doubts. The enemy comes in like a flood to assail with attacks from within and without. So I still like to know when someone else sees something because we're all part of a body. I think it's great that you care enough about others to speak up.

I've been attacked in another way and I looked it up last night and found a good resource if anyone is interested. Because I was attacked in another area I tend to think something I'm doing may be right. It may not be this, it may be something else because I'm growing after being backslidden for a few years. It may be because I returned to evangelism. I don't know.

Spiritual Warfare 301: How to Do Battle with the Enemy and Win, Part 1

You won't 'silence me' except in this thread. Reading depressing stuff like this thread does not move the Body of Christ forward , uplift us, or glorify God.

So yep..I am stepping back from it. There are lots of other threads on the Site.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These truly are the days of apostasy and the rapture is near.
So, you don't recognize the 1,260 year apostasy that took place in the 6th century when the papacy took over Christianity and dragged every stripe and type of paganism into the midst of it, when millions of CHURCH SANCTIONED murders of innocent, God-fearing people took place, the Bible was proscribed, religious freedom was outlawed, and the Bishop of Rome began to be regarded as "another God on Earth??? I guess that was just a little "hiccup" in religious history, right?

Reactions: brakelite