Screen sometimes unresponsive to touch

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes like right now, my screen is somewhat unresponsive to touch.

I usually wipe it off with an optical cloth and usually that does the trick. But still having a bit of trouble tonight.

Any idea what is happening? Is there something else I should be doing in order to clean my tablet screen?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's my IT tip.
Use chops sticks to eat your Cheetos when on the computer.

1701175273878.jpeg

/

• Haha
Reactions: Debp

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A "touch screen " doesn't really require touch.

There is a grid of wires, so thin you can't see them with the naked eye, that is spread throughout your screen area. These wires react to capacitance which a processor interprets to be a specific location on your screen. Meaning that even though you come into contact with the glass you really aren't touching the wires. Meaning that you really don't have to touch the screen to obtain a reaction from the device.

Your body, on any normal given day, carries an amount of magnetism because of a static charge. This can decrease due to grounding or dehydration of your skin.

Meaning....
Drink some water. Take a bath. Hand wash some dishes. Use a stylus instead of your finger. Lick your finger. (Not recommended for those eating cheese doodles)Turn up the sensitivity of your screen in the utilities section of phone options. Any number of options are available for you.

• Love
Reactions: Debp and St. SteVen

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A "touch screen " doesn't really require touch.

There is a grid of wires, so thin you can't see them with the naked eye, that is spread throughout your screen area. These wires react to capacitance which a processor interprets to be a specific location on your screen. Meaning that even though you come into contact with the glass you really aren't touching the wires. Meaning that you really don't have to touch the screen to obtain a reaction from the device.

Your body, on any normal given day, carries an amount of magnetism because of a static charge. This can decrease due to grounding or dehydration of your skin.

Meaning....
Drink some water. Take a bath. Hand wash some dishes. Use a stylus instead of your finger. Lick your finger. (Not recommended for those eating cheese doodles)Turn up the sensitivity of your screen in the utilities section of phone options. Any number of options are available for you.
Thanks so much, very informative!

It seems to be working ok now. So you think my finger was dehydrated perhaps...

I use a tablet. I didn't know there is a way to turn up sensitivity on the screen.

I always thought moisture was bad to use on a screen.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks so much, very informative!

It seems to be working ok now. So you think my finger was dehydrated perhaps...

I use a tablet. I didn't know there is a way to turn up sensitivity on the screen.

I always thought moisture was bad to use on a screen.

With the use of indoor heat this time of year most people get a bit dehydrated while being cool and not sweating at all.

And touching the screen is not really required...just getting very close is good enough. Again it's about that charge within you that matters. And a simple stylus really is helpful. It's magnetic enough to really make a good touch point.

Reactions: St. SteVen and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the use of indoor heat this time of year most people get a bit dehydrated while being cool and not sweating at all.

And touching the screen is not really required...just getting very close is good enough. Again it's about that charge within you that matters. And a simple stylus really is helpful. It's magnetic enough to really make a good touch point.
Any idea why this happens?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any idea why this happens?
Software issues. Your cursor appearance is a function of software. Usually a reboot will fix it. Because sometimes we leave our stuff on and the RAM (which has certain programs running all the time like the cursor) get confused by being turned off and on by other programs. (Like movies or videos and some games) or the Ram gets overwhelmed and it does not work like it should.

But a reboot usually clears it up.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My cell phone does something weird. I have to touch it once first to get it to respond. I think it's designed that way.