Scripture and the Believers Discipline- All Sufficient

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture
is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man or woman of God may be fully capable, equipped for every good work.

paideia: the rearing of a child, training, discipline

Original Word:
παιδεία, ας, ἡ
Definition: the rearing of a child, training, discipline
Usage: discipline; training and education of children, hence: instruction; chastisement, correction. properly, instruction that trains someone to reach full development (maturity) tutorage, i.e. Education or training; by implication, disciplinary correction -- chastening, chastisement, instruction, nurture.

2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent
to present yourself approved to God as a worker who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

spoudazó: to make haste, hence to give diligence

Original Word:
σπουδάζω
Definition: to make haste, to give diligence
Usage: I hasten, am eager, am zealous.properly, be swift (go fast, be speedy); (figuratively) to move speedily by showing full diligence (fully applying oneself); acting fervently (speedy commitment) to accomplish all that God assigns through faith

2 Timothy 1:7- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

sóphronismos: self-control

Original Word:
σωφρονισμός, οῦ, ὁ
Definition: self-control
Usage: self-control, self-discipline, prudence, sound mind. behavior that "fits" a situation, i.e. aptly acting out God's will by doing what He calls sound reasoning

Romans 15:4- For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart”

The Word of God is alive because God is a living God (Hebrews 3:12). Jesus said, “The very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63).

Jesus compared God’s Word to seed (Matthew 13:1–23). Seed, like the Word, is a living organism that, when spread and planted in fertile soil, produces abundant life, a fruitful life that is evident for all to see, unlike the unfruitful Fig Tree that Jesus cursed in Mark 11:14.

The New birth comes from the Word. Christians are made alive spiritually and eternally because we are “born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God” (1 Peter 1:23)

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ (Romans 10:17)

There is no other book in all creation that is living, alive, transforms the heart permanently. The term active in Hebrews 4:12 means “effective, powerful, producing or capable of producing an intended result.” The Word of God is vibrant, dynamic, energizing, and productive. It is not static or idle in the lives of genuine believers. The apostle Paul explained that the Word of God is “at work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 2:13).

The author of Hebrews described the Word of God as “sharper than any double-edged sword.” Paul called it “the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God” (Ephesians 6:17) It is the only offensive weapon in the armor for the believer. Jesus used the word of God to refute satan in the temptation in the wilderness. We have the same access as believers to the word of God, the word of truth to combat sin and our enemy.

2 Peter 1:19
We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Psalm 119:11- Thy Word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Thee. Delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart (Psalm 40:8) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. (Psalm 1:2) This Book of the Law must not depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in all you do. (Joshua 1:8)

Memorizing Scripture and hiding in our hearts can give us victory over sin. Cultivating meditation on Gods word is transforming. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2) and like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation (1 Peter 2:2) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.(Colossians 3:16)Gods word applied to our lives causes our growth as believers, followers of Christ who are His disciples.

hope this helps !!!

• Love
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God’s word is Eternal and never will pass away.

Mark 13:31

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

Psalms 119:160
All your words
are true;
all your righteous laws are eternal.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever.

1 Peter 1:23-25
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For,

"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the word of the Lord stands forever."
And this is the word that was preached to you.

God’s word sustains us, food for our souls

Psalm 119:9-11

How can a young man keep his way pure?
By keeping it according to Your word.
10 With all my heart I have sought You;
Do not let me wander from Your commandments.
11 Your word I have treasured in my heart,
That I may not sin against You.

Psalm 1:2 -But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditates day and night.

Psalm 42:1-As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God.

Our Minds are renewed through His word.

Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Hebrews 4:12-13
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account

Colossians 3:16- Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you

God’s word is a weapon, its offensive

Matthew 4:1-11

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Ephesians 6:17-Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

hope this helps !!!

• Love
Reactions: Michiah-Imla