Scripture says "in His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will 'Evolutionist Gentiles' trust in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What about the notion that God evolves? That there are extraneous possibilities, that God is able to harness?

Do we praise Him for this? That one denomination after another, sees Him differently?

I know the line "God never changes", but does that mean Evolution takes Him by surprise?

It's about standards, the Bible says "God creates the vessels of wrath for destruction, the vessels of glory for praise" - so there is no escaping what God has made you. God also says "I have brought forth the artisan and the destroyer" (OT from memory), so there is a sense in which there is a kind, that God makes us, which we are able to express more fully.

If I successively praise God, for each new level of creation He reveals in me, is that conceit? There should be power in this?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I got it! I got it! I got it!

Gentiles are able to trust three things in the Holy Spirit: one, the resumption, two, the revision, and three, the restitution.

The resumption is the faith that having begun to flourish in the world and manifest positive traits, even though we cease to strive when we sleep, the Holy Spirit is able to cause us to resume where we left off. If we are doing a puzzle and it is too hard to do in one day, the Holy Spirit will give us the capacity to start the puzzle at the point we left off. This removes fear that not doing God's Will will stir His Wrath.

The revision is the character to say, "I will be humble about my potential, and not attempt to make myself more than I am - but neither will I neglect what God has made me, but will honor Him with what He has given". Thus we revise what God has made us, that we may add to it and even master it, for His Glory's sake. The point is we do not try to reinvent the wheel, rather we take the wheel and try and improve it - maybe its traction, or its bounce, or its longevity. We need to be careful about trying to do in our own strength, what we can only do with God's guidance. The Holy Spirit will help us revise what we need to strengthen to bring God glory.

The restitution is the hope that even if we don't meet the high standards we set for ourselves, the Holy Spirit is able to give us a place in Heaven that we do not deserve. This restitution, in part to what we were before we fell, is the sum total expression of every potential we could have hoped to manifest, in this life. This is empowering, because the Devil cannot argue we are not worthy of the place we attain: it is not us that have put ourselves there, but the Holy Spirit - and we trust Him. The Devil is free to be put in the place he doesn't deserve, so there is no argument to be had (he just doesn't want to be restored, because he would rather be evil).

These three arguments refute the mentality that there is no hope, no power, no spirit in the world, that men are destitute and without help, but that they conquer in their own ego. If they conquer in their own ego, let them show the path they have taken, the strength they have been able to manifest upon it and the patience with what they were responsible to. In other words, let them prove Christ, through the Holy Spirit!

I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fi I sya I wnat umtation lal teh mtie, I ma a ilar.

("If I say I want mutation all the time, I am a liar")

Now you say "but it makes the need for making sense stronger" but I say "only if pity is prepared to go out on a limb".

That really is the issue: how out on a limb are we as a people, prepared to go for people who don't know what to compel?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think Jesus' Return is going to force Evolutionists to adapt something (that they weren't going to) and that the time will come when they tire of it, even then.

But why would we surrender something they could lord over us, if the Lord is on our side?

Therefore the dogs will be their judges.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Won't those that evolved and those that shared Evolution, both be judged at the Great White Throne Judgment, together?

We need to put a stop to the fighting, or nothing good will come to light?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is the point is it not? That nothing good will come to the light?
As far as the Devil is concerned.

I know One that has put him on the back foot, but we need a clear agenda if we are to keep him so.

I think it comes down to the Holy Spirit: does He have us contend our design is better, or that Evolution at best is mostly weak?

God will be furious with those that pay lip service to the Son, but do not clear Him a path!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The angle of attack, when it comes to Evolution, is that the Devil's "Evolution" short-changes men.

Man does not come out the winner, when he trusts the Devil's "Evolution".

If we could pray that men will see this, we will be doing a great work for God!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's a simple truth, that puts Evolution in its place:

Design that works in microcosm, is design that works in macrocosm.

I'll explain what I mean: an instructor in "Microsoft Excel" that I had, said there was a simple way to test, if a formula you had created for a 'cell' in Excel worked. What you did was, you put a very simple value in to the formula, then you looked at the result. If the result was correct - even though it was simple - then the formula worked. Thus it was possible to tell that the formula would work for more complicated values.

Essentially, this is the faith that Christ voicexd, when He said "He who is faithful in what is least, is faithful also in what is much" (gospels, from memory). So we see that faith can agree with science. Faith which starts out small, still works when dealing with big issues like 'science'. The point is, we know that the faith we have works, there is no need to corrupt it, to make it work differently!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a process, of refining your humanity and eliminating excess adaptation, that makes you "fitter".

Given that we can't change into other species, this "being fitter" is certainly more fit than just survival.

I just wonder whether men can humble themselves, to relinquish the idea of being fitter than fit, as another species?

There is a logic to this, that escapes the natural man, because he does not perceive himself, as he is (before God).

I mean is the more you are evolved as a man, the more you can alternatively evolve as other species? Does that make sense?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder what God's promise is, in relation to Evolution? On the assumption that we don't come from apes, and species can't become other species, is there something we can be assured of - in God - that would make staying on the hunt for adaptation worthwhile?

Like is it a comfort, that we are able to adapt things in similar ways, without destroying the alternatives simply because they are different?