Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Scripture is Gods written word.

The Holy Spirit is Gods Living. witness, he witnesses Gods truth to our hearts, then what we believe we hear from Gods Living Holy Spirit, we check it out with scripture....Gods written word.

His Living Holy Spirit who witnesses to our heart, will NEVER contradict His written word.

Born of the Spirit..The Living Holy Spirit.

Then the written word...backs up that we have been Born Of The Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is a Living Spirit, he testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children.

Check out the written word ,which backs up His Living word.

The Holy Spirit indwells our heart...we get to know His Living Spirit....we are spirit led children.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is Gods written word.

The Holy Spirit is Gods Living. witness, he witnesses Gods truth to our hearts, then what we believe we hear from Gods Living Holy Spirit, we check it out with scripture....Gods written word.

His Living Holy Spirit who witnesses to our heart, will NEVER contradict His written word.

Born of the Spirit..The Living Holy Spirit.

Then the written word...backs up that we have been Born Of The Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is a Living Spirit, he testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children.

Check out the written word ,which backs up His Living word.

The Holy Spirit indwells our heart...we get to know His Living Spirit....we are spirit led children.
Don't forget this:

[39] You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;
[40] yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. John 5:39-40 RSV

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget this:

[39] You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;
[40] yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. John 5:39-40 RSV
Yes, thank you.xx

Reactions: Bob Estey

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is the purpose of scripture?

Is it God?

Does it introduce us to God?
Many people, like myself, were introduced to God before we ever read the scriptures. I can only speak for myself but as the years have passed the scriptures have given me a true insight into God's character; the bible has shown me that God is a loving Father rather than the stern autocrat I imagined at one time. The scriptures have 'filled God out' for me, so that he is close and three dimensional and not just a far away entity.

Reactions: amadeus and marks

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the purpose of scripture?

Is it God?

Does it introduce us to God?
Scriptures is God speaking to us. All who actually love God and his son learn and obey. Jesus teaches- Matt 4:4--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God)= OT-NT studied carefully without fail. The ones taking the lead in the religion that has Jesus teach-OT-NT to the flock without fail. I attended different trinity based religions in my day, they get paid to teach little of what Jesus actually taught, they are paid to teach a certain brand of dogma taught in the schools of men. They fail both Jesus and the flock.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures is God speaking to us. All who actually love God and his son learn and obey. Jesus teaches- Matt 4:4--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God)= OT-NT studied carefully without fail. The ones taking the lead in the religion that has Jesus teach-OT-NT to the flock without fail. I attended different trinity based religions in my day, they get paid to teach little of what Jesus actually taught, they are paid to teach a certain brand of dogma taught in the schools of men. They fail both Jesus and the flock.
I've heard it said that authors of the Bible had agendas, the implication, apparently, being that they intentionally misquoted God or Jesus on occasion. What would be your response?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've heard it said that authors of the Bible had agendas, the implication, apparently, being that they intentionally misquoted God or Jesus on occasion. What would be your response?
Having an agenda does not in itself mean 'intentionally misquoting God' Bob. Agenda's are no doubt shaped by cultural perceptions/ influences, often unconsciously.

....for example, if you used the term, 'its raining cats and dogs' to a person unfamiliar with the English language, you'd have them wondering what you're talking about. At the same time, you had hoped to communicate (your agenda) that it was raining heavily.
....or other things where what individuals believed (personally and culturally) about God was just not correct. Take for instance Isaiah 45:7 ' I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things'

Did God create evil? Is that the way Jesus (who is the only eyewitness of God) talks? I don't think so.
We must factor in the understanding/ programming of the people who wrote the scripture before we jump to conclusions prematurely.

Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having an agenda does not in itself mean 'intentionally misquoting God' Bob. Agenda's are no doubt shaped by cultural perceptions/ influences, often unconsciously.

....for example, if you used the term, 'its raining cats and dogs' to a person unfamiliar with the English language, you'd have them wondering what you're talking about. At the same time, you had hoped to communicate (your agenda) that it was raining heavily.
....or other things where what individuals believed (personally and culturally) about God was just not correct. Take for instance Isaiah 45:7 ' I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things'

Did God create evil? Is that the way Jesus (who is the only eyewitness of God) talks? I don't think so.
We must factor in the understanding/ programming of the people who wrote the scripture before we jump to conclusions prematurely.
In this context, having an agenda usually means having an agenda apart from God's agenda.

Reactions: amadeus

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They never would do that. Catholicism tw
They would never do that. It was Catholicism( 2Thess 2:3) who altered translating to fit their false council teachings. They kept Gods word in latin( few could read latin) until the 1300,s when finally they allowed the bible to be translated back to Greek( lexicons) but the errors carried over into them. They removed Gods name by satans will to mislead. Once men could read for themselves, ran from Catholicism, yet fixed little even though they( protestant religions) tried. Only the false christian religions use the altered translations. God willed his name in his bible over 7000 places( nearly 6800=OT, and over 200 NT where the OT is quoted)-- God put his name there because its his will for it to be there. Its satans will to have it removed to mislead. Thus any religion using the altered translations are being mislead.= 99% of them. They condemned the ones who put Gods name back, even though they know 100% God willed his name in his bible.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They never would do that. Catholicism tw

They would never do that. It was Catholicism( 2Thess 2:3) who altered translating to fit their false council teachings. They kept Gods word in latin( few could read latin) until the 1300,s when finally they allowed the bible to be translated back to Greek( lexicons) but the errors carried over into them. They removed Gods name by satans will to mislead. Once men could read for themselves, ran from Catholicism, yet fixed little even though they( protestant religions) tried. Only the false christian religions use the altered translations. God willed his name in his bible over 7000 places( nearly 6800=OT, and over 200 NT where the OT is quoted)-- God put his name there because its his will for it to be there. Its satans will to have it removed to mislead. Thus any religion using the altered translations are being mislead.= 99% of them. They condemned the ones who put Gods name back, even though they know 100% God willed his name in his bible.
No, they would never do that.