Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually there are no scriptures that state Jesus is God.

Jesus said to him: “Why do you call Me good? Nobody is good except one, God.” (Mark 10:18)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. We will never reach such ones you realize?
Many are very good people. Then there are those who are very good yet have been indoctrinated in the way of the church since infancy.
They cannot go against the teachings of the church for , as they're told, the consequences are dire.
And after genuflecting, a lifetime of confessions, and strict following in their faith in the church, they still have purgatory to look forward to.
All we can do is prove the Trinity doctrine is not of God for those reading these posts and seeking the truth.

We should not hope to change minds programed since birth to believe in the church.
Ummmmm, and you have YET to do this.

I have given you no less than THIRTY (30) Scriptural proof texts that support Trinitarian doctrine - and ALL you guys have responded with are impotent denials.

I have been waiting patiently for a SOLID refutation and have received nothing but denials and whining . . .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus said to him: “Why do you call Me good? Nobody is good except one, God.” (Mark 10:18)
John 1: 1 must not be in your scripture

Jesus asked a question to try to get a response. He was not denying he was God

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever heard that taking God's Name in vain can be a mortal sin? Not only cursing but making God's Name Void.
As in making it empty and worthless. Treating God's Name with disrespect. So now the Lord's Prayer is more of chat saying the same words over and over with no meaning? Becoming less and less important with every chant?

Evidently you do not believe in the Name of Jesus? Is that too now becoming void?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sure there are.
you have YET to respond to post #26, where I presented the following:
FATHER
Rev. 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the LORD God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

SON
Rev. 22:13

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

BOTH the Father and the Jesus say that they are the "Alpha and the Omega".
Is one of them LYING?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trinity nor the doctrine of three separate persons make up one God is in the Bible. Even when the scriptures were tampered with. Removing God here and there and then adding God to places it never was.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever heard that taking God's Name in vain can be a mortal sin? Not only cursing but making God's Name Void.
As in making it empty and worthless. Treating God's Name with disrespect. So now the Lord's Prayer is more of chat saying the same words over and over with no meaning? Becoming less and less important with every chant?

Evidently you do not believe in the Name of Jesus? Is that too now becoming void?
Since when is repeating a prayer to God "meaningless"??

Biblical support
for this nonsense, please . . .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our deluded friend, @BroRando is under the false belief that "Jehovah" is God's name - and refuses to accept the fact that it is simply a word invented by 13th century Spanish monk, Raymundo Martini.

It would appear he teaches error, yes.

@BroRando. Greetings, Rando. Might I ask what denominational persuasion you are of; Jehovah's Witness or Mormon maybe?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when is repeating a prayer to God "meaningless"??

Jesus stated, "When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words." (Matthew 6:7)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear he teaches error, yes.

@BroRando. Greetings, Rando. Might I ask what denominational persuasion you are of; Jehovah's Witness or Mormon maybe?
His stances here are classic JW.

"Mormons" (aka member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) firmly believe that Jesus Christ is the 100% divine Son of God. He, the Father, and the Spirit are three different persons in one God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus stated, "When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words." (Matthew 6:7)
WRONG - but, thanks – I was HOPING you’d go there. Such ignorance.
Time for another Bible Lesson . . .

Jesus WASN’T condemning repetitious prayers to God. What you fail to understand is that when Jesus made this statement in Matt. 6:7, he was speaking about the nonsensical babbling of pagans to their gods – NOT the sincere prayers of the faithful. We read about them in 1 Kings 18:26-29, where the pagan prophets on Mount Carmel tried to invoke Baal all day long, repeatedly calling on his name and performing ritual dances.

- In Matt. 26:44, our Lord Himself prayed the EXACT SAME prayer three times in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

- In the Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:7, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”

- In Luke 18:13, the tax collector kept on beating his breast and praying,God be merciful to me, a sinner.” This was pleasing to God.

- We see in Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the EXACT SAME prayer day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God.

- Psalm 136 goes on for 26 VERSES IN A ROW, repeating the EXACT SAME prayer, “God's love endures forever”.

- Similarly, in Dan. 3:56-88 we read the EXACT SAME prayer for THIRTY TWO VERSES.

Care to change your UNBIBLICAL story??

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Mormons" (aka member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) firmly believe that Jesus Christ is the 100% divine Son of God. He, the Father, and the Spirit are three different persons in one God.
That's actually not true about Mormons.

And if you think a member is JW, why not ask them first?

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're talking to a "Mormon". Yes, "Mormons" believe that Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God.
That's not all that you claimed about Mormons though.
"Mormons" (aka member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) firmly believe that Jesus Christ is the 100% divine Son of God. He, the Father, and the Spirit are three different persons in one God."
The bolded part is not what Mormons believe.
The Mormon View of the Trinity
It was already asked, post #48.
OK.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you, Jane. It appears I wasn't getting an answer from him either.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BroRando. Answer Post #37 please. What translators are you referring to who supposedly "remove God's name" from latter revisions of the Greek MSS?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not all that you claimed about Mormons though.
"Mormons" (aka member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) firmly believe that Jesus Christ is the 100% divine Son of God. He, the Father, and the Spirit are three different persons in one God."
The bolded part is not what Mormons believe.
The Mormon View of the Trinity

OK.
Again, actual "Mormon" here. The linked website isn't very accurate, instead getting mixed up in language differences / general inaccuracies between Creedal and LDS Christians. If you want me to explain further, I can.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll so do briefly--

Both LDS Christians and Creedal Christians believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are 3 divine different persons. Christ doesn't pray to Himself, talking about himself with "This is my beloved Son", etc. Three different people. Together they are 1 God. You can't honor the Son and not honor the Father, you can't follow the Spirit and not follow the Son etc. They are one. And yes, they have each exist for forever, are perfect, etc.

There is a difference in the way it's believed these three persons are 1 God. LDS Christians believe it's through unity (see John 17). The Creeds of Creedal Christianity state it's also through consubstantiality (useful link: Consubstantiality - Wikipedia).