Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Focusing on the topics I'm interested in.
So you don't believe JESUS' words? (Except the old 'I-Am Scam')

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Focusing on the topics I'm interested in.
So you don't believe JESUS' words? (Except the old 'I-Am Scam')
FATHER
Rev. 1:8
I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the LORD God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

SON
Rev. 22:13

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

HOLY SPIRIT
Acts 5:3-4
But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the HOLY SPIRIT and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."

ALL GOD.

Oh - and there are about 28 other verses in post #19.
Where have YOU been??

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so. (Joshua 5:15)​

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FATHER
Rev. 1:8
I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the LORD God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

SON

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Prophet Isaiah
44:6 I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God. Isaiah is God too, right?

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 1:14- John to the seven churches that are in Asia:
[John]

Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne,
[Jehovah]

5- and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6- and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 7- Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
[Jesus]

8- “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
[Jehovah]

Where is the Holy-Ghost-God.
Jesus shares many Titles only his God had.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophet Isaiah
44:6 I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God. Isaiah is God too, right?
Nope.
Those who read the prophets in CONTEXT understand that they are speaking FOR God in these verses.

In Rev. 22:13 - Jesus was speaking about HIMSELF.

SO - tell me:
WHO was lying??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 1:14- John to the seven churches that are in Asia:
[John]

Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne,
[Jehovah]

5- and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6- and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 7- Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
[Jesus]

8- I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
[Jehovah]

Where is the Holy-Ghost-God.
Jesus shares many Titles only his God had.
21 Chapters later - Jesus calls Himself the very SAME thing:

THEN, I showed you where the Holy Spirit is ALSO called "God":

But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the HOLY SPIRIT and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."

TRINITY.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife

Who do you think was sending that Power?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the LORD (God Jehovah Isa 44:6; Gen 17:1; Exo 6:3 ), which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Rev 1:8)

Translators not only removed God's Name but also removed GOD from latter revisions. Replacing it with LORD because that's what they did.... and that deception did not go far enough so they took LORD and made it into a little Lord ... (Rev 1:8)

Trinitarians tried to mimic the theology of the nameless trinity generic formula. Names were not to be added but rather a removal of them. The removal of the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ was under attack. That attack continues today. (Rev 1:8) at one time did have a Name in it but can you guess whose it was?

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith Jehovah God which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Switched to:

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith
the LORD God which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Switched to:
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the LORD which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Switched to:
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

The problem is that I don't think many who believe in the Trinity will agree with this king James version of the Bible. They love their false doctrines too much I think.
I love the fact that the KJV is restoring God Beautiful name however.

Reactions: BroRando

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scriptures the anti-christ brigade don't want you to know:

Matthew 28:19 (TLV)

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, immersing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Ruach ha-Kodesh,

A tip stop trying to prove Christ is God to demons and focus on your journey and those seeking. Jesus Christ didn't spend his days arguing with the Pharisees he only spoke the word to them and satan.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was the name of that religion that burned people at the stake for reading the Bible? I'm sure it will come to me...
Ooooh, ooooh, I know. Pick me! PICK ME! (Raises hand way, way up! waves ((()))) back and forth frantically)

Let us look at a Papal Bull [one of the Highest and strongest Authoritative documents a Pope can make, besides a so-called "infallible statement"]

“CONDEMNING THE ERRORS OF MARTIN LUTHER; Exsurge Domine; Bull of Pope Leo X issued June 15, 1520 ...

... In virtue of our pastoral office committed to us by the divine favor we can under no circumstances tolerate or overlook any longer the pernicious poison of the above errors without disgrace to the Christian religion and injury to orthodox faith. Some of these errors we have decided to include in the present document; their substance is as follows: …

... 17. The treasures of the Church, from which the pope grants indulgences, are not the merits of Christ and of the saints. …

... 20. They are seduced who believe that indulgences are salutary and useful for the fruit of the spirit. …

... 25. The Roman Pontiff, the successor of Peter, is not the vicar of Christ over all the churches of the entire world, instituted by Christ Himself in blessed Peter. …

... 27. It is certain that it is not in the power of the Church or the pope to decide upon the articles of faith, and much less concerning the laws for morals or for good works. …

... 30. Some articles of John Hus, condemned in the Council of Constance, are most Christian, wholly true and evangelical; these the universal Church could not condemn. ...

… 33. That heretics be burned is against the will of the Spirit. …

... 37. Purgatory cannot be proved from Sacred Scripture which is in the canon. …

No one of sound mind is ignorant how destructive, pernicious, scandalous, and seductive to pious and simple minds these various errors are, how opposed they are to all charity and reverence for the holy Roman Church who is the mother of all the faithful and teacher of the faith; how destructive they are of the vigor of ecclesiastical discipline, namely obedience. This virtue is the font and origin of all virtues and without it anyone is readily convicted of being unfaithful. …

We have found that these errors or theses are not Catholic, as mentioned above, and are not to be taught, as such; but rather are against the doctrine and tradition of the Catholic Church, and against the true interpretation of the sacred Scriptures received from the Church. …

... For, according to these errors, or any one or several of them, it clearly follows that the Church which is guided by the Holy Spirit is in error and has always erred. …

... With the advice and consent of these our venerable brothers, with mature deliberation on each and every one of the above theses, and by the authority of almighty God, the blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and our own authority, we condemn, reprobate, and reject completely each of these theses or errors as either heretical, scandalous, false, offensive to pious ears or seductive of simple minds, and against Catholic truth. By listing them,
we decree and declare that all the faithful of both sexes must regard them as condemned, reprobated, and rejected . . . We restrain all in the virtue of holy obedience and under the penalty of an automatic major excommunication....

… Moreover, because the preceding errors and many others are contained in the books or writings of Martin Luther, we likewise condemn, reprobate, and reject completely the books and all the writings and sermons of the said Martin, whether in Latin or any other language, containing the said errors
or any one of them; and we wish them to be regarded as utterly condemned, reprobated, and rejected. We forbid each and every one of the faithful of either sex, in virtue of holy obedience and under the above penalties to be incurred automatically, to read, assert, preach, praise, print, publish, or defend them. They will incur these penalties if they presume to uphold them in any way, personally or through another or others, directly or indirectly, tacitly or explicitly, publicly or occultly, either in their own homes or in other public or private places. Indeed immediately after the publication of this letter these works, wherever they may be, shall be sought out carefully by the ordinaries and others [ecclesiastics and regulars], and under each and every one of the above penalties shall be burned publicly and solemnly in the presence of the clerics and people. …

... But he always refused to listen and, despising the previous citation and each and every one of the above overtures, disdained to come. To the present day he has been contumacious. With a hardened spirit he has continued under censure over a year. What is worse, adding evil to evil, and on learning of the citation, he broke forth in a rash appeal to a future council. This to be sure was contrary to the constitution of Pius II and Julius II our predecessors that all appealing in this way
are to be punished with the penalties of heretics. In vain does he implore the help of a council, since he openly admits that he does not believe in a council. …

... Therefore we can, without any further citation or delay, proceed against him to his condemnation and damnation as one whose faith is notoriously suspect and in fact
a true heretic with the full severity of each and all of the above penalties and censures. … the death of a sinner

If they really will obey, and certify to us by legal documents that they have obeyed, they will find in us the affection of a father's love, the opening of the font of the effects of paternal charity, and opening of the font of mercy and clemency. …

...And even though the love of righteousness and virtue did not take him away from sin and the hope of forgiveness did not lead him to penance, perhaps the terror of the pain of punishment may move him. Thus we beseech and remind this Martin, his supporters and accomplices of his holy orders and the described punishment. … Furthermore, all writings which contain some or all of his errors are to be burned. Furthermore, this Martin is to recant perpetually such errors and views. … *This added text in italics was obtained from a secondary source, translator Hans J. Hillerbrand, ed. "The Reformation in its own Words" (London: SCM Press Ltd., 1964), pp80-84 ...” [CONDEMNING THE ERRORS OF MARTIN LUTHER; Exsurge Domine; Bull of Pope Leo X issued June 15, 1520]

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo, tell me where YOU get "Jehovah" from יהוה (YHVH) - when it is historically-proven that this word came from the mind and the pen of 13th century CATHOLIC monk, Raymundo Martini??

Once again - you're throwing blind punches in the dark on this one . . .
Incorrect. I already demonstrated the error of such a claim by Romanism:

Proof that Jesus is God

JEHOVAH, see Nehemia Gordon's material (first video), citing Rabbinical and Jewish documents that were before 13th century, and have nothing to do with Roman Catholicism:

Then go read John Gill's classic work on the subject, as well as Gail Riplinger's:

John Gill - "A Dissertation Of The Hebrew Language" ( "... documents the use of the very name JEHOVAH from before 200 B.C. and throughout the centuries of the early church and the following millennium." - In Awe of thy Word, page 416, PDF 445) - https://ia902909.us.archive.org/34/items/book-history-a-dissertation-of-the-hebrew-language/Book - History - A Dissertation Of The Hebrew Language.pdf

Gail Riplinger's "In Awe Of Thy Word", Chapter 11, Jesus and JEHOVAH (PDF, page 442) - https://ia601900.us.archive.org/4/items/book-bible-gail-riplinger-in-awe-of-thy-word-avpublications/Book - Bible - Gail Riplinger - In Awe Of Thy Word - AVPublications.pdf

"... In his scholarly book, A Dissertation Concerning the Antiquity of the Hebrew Language, Letters, Vowel-Points and Accents, John Gill (1697-1771), eminent theologian and writer, documents the use of the very name JEHOVAH from before 200 B.C. and throughout the centuries of the early church and the following millennium. The Hebrew’s Mishna allowed the name as a salutation (Berachoth, ix, 5); according to Thamid, the priests in the temple could use the true name, but those in the country could only use Adonai (vii, 2); Maimonides said the name was used by the priests in the sanctuary and on the Day of Atonement (Moreh Nebukim, I, 61, and “Yad chasaka,” xiv, 10). Even commentators such as Nicholas of Lyra, Tostatus, Cajetan, and Bonfrere defended the pronunciation ‘JEHOVAH’ as received by Moses on Mt. Horeb. The name is found in the writings of Raymund Martin in the 1200s and Porchetus in the 1300s. Theodore Beza, Galatinus, and Cajetan, among many others, use it in the 1500s. Scholars such as Michaelis, Drach and Stier proved the name as the original. The 1602 Spanish Bible uses the name Iehova and gave a lengthy defense of the pronunciation Jehovah in its preface. In “the 17th century the pronunciation JEHOVAH was zealously defended by Fuller, Gataker, Leusden and others, against the criticisms...”(EB, pp. 311-314) ..." - In Awe Of Thy Word, page 416 (PDF 445).

For further reading - Another King James Bible Believer

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures the anti-christ brigade don't want you to know:

Matthew 28:19 (TLV)

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, immersing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Ruach ha-Kodesh,

So Mark rejects the Baptism in the Name of Jesus Christ. I knew that already sir. How many Catholic are Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ?? NONE!

• “With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they requested him to stay for some days.” (Acts 10:48)
  • Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.” (Acts 2:38)
The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263: “The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incorrect. I already demonstrated the error of such a claim by Romanism:

Proof that Jesus is God

JEHOVAH, see Nehemia Gordon's material (first video), citing Rabbinical and Jewish documents that were before 13th century, and have nothing to do with Roman Catholicism:

Then go read John Gill's classic work on the subject, as well as Gail Riplinger's:

John Gill - "A Dissertation Of The Hebrew Language" ( "... documents the use of the very name JEHOVAH from before 200 B.C. and throughout the centuries of the early church and the following millennium." - In Awe of thy Word, page 416, PDF 445) - https://ia902909.us.archive.org/34/items/book-history-a-dissertation-of-the-hebrew-language/Book - History - A Dissertation Of The Hebrew Language.pdf

Gail Riplinger's "In Awe Of Thy Word", Chapter 11, Jesus and JEHOVAH (PDF, page 442) - https://ia601900.us.archive.org/4/items/book-bible-gail-riplinger-in-awe-of-thy-word-avpublications/Book - Bible - Gail Riplinger - In Awe Of Thy Word - AVPublications.pdf

"... In his scholarly book, A Dissertation Concerning the Antiquity of the Hebrew Language, Letters, Vowel-Points and Accents, John Gill (1697-1771), eminent theologian and writer, documents the use of the very name JEHOVAH from before 200 B.C. and throughout the centuries of the early church and the following millennium. The Hebrew’s Mishna allowed the name as a salutation (Berachoth, ix, 5); according to Thamid, the priests in the temple could use the true name, but those in the country could only use Adonai (vii, 2); Maimonides said the name was used by the priests in the sanctuary and on the Day of Atonement (Moreh Nebukim, I, 61, and “Yad chasaka,” xiv, 10). Even commentators such as Nicholas of Lyra, Tostatus, Cajetan, and Bonfrere defended the pronunciation ‘JEHOVAH’ as received by Moses on Mt. Horeb. The name is found in the writings of Raymund Martin in the 1200s and Porchetus in the 1300s. Theodore Beza, Galatinus, and Cajetan, among many others, use it in the 1500s. Scholars such as Michaelis, Drach and Stier proved the name as the original. The 1602 Spanish Bible uses the name Iehova and gave a lengthy defense of the pronunciation Jehovah in its preface. In “the 17th century the pronunciation JEHOVAH was zealously defended by Fuller, Gataker, Leusden and others, against the criticisms...”(EB, pp. 311-314) ..." - In Awe Of Thy Word, page 416 (PDF 445).

For further reading - Another King James Bible Believer
And a simple rudimentary knowledge of Hebrew tells us that this is a CROCK.
There are NO vowel points in the Hebrew language, so what you have is akin to "YHVH" and NOT "Jehovah".

YHVH was rendered as "Yaweh". It was the Spanish monk, Ramundus Martini who first fashioned the name as "Jehovah".
From your own JW online library:
"Interestingly, Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican order, first rendered the divine name as “Jehova.” This form appeared in his book, Pugeo Fidei, published in 1270 C.E.—over 700 years ago."

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YHVH was rendered as "Yaweh". It was the Spanish monk, Ramundus Martini who first fashioned the name as "Jehovah".
"Interestingly, Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican order, first rendered the divine name as “Jehova.” This form appeared in his book, Pugeo Fidei, published in 1270 C.E.—over 700 years ago."

The Roman Catholic Church doesn't believe in Jehovah nor do they believe in Baptizing in the Name of Jesus Christ.

• “With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they requested him to stay for some days.” (Acts 10:48)
  • Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.” (Acts 2:38)
The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263: “The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And a simple rudimentary knowledge of Hebrew tells us that this is a CROCK.
There are NO vowel points in the Hebrew language, so what you have is akin to "YHVH" and NOT "Jehovah".

So?! JW have never said someone knew the accurate pronunciation of the four Hebrew letters YHWH. The accurate pronunciation of those four Hebrew letters was lost long ago when people who said they were Christians took Gods name out of the scriptures, the authority they never had and the right they never had to do. Some say the four Hebrew letters YHWH should be pronounced Yaweh, others say it's Jehovah. The point is the four Hebrew letters YHWH have never been pronounced Jesus. Jesus is the name of the Only Begotten Son of God, a name given to him when he became human.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So?! JW have never said someone knew the accurate pronunciation of the four Hebrew letters YHWH. The accurate pronunciation of those four Hebrew letters was lost long ago when people who said they were Christians took Gods name out of the scriptures, the authority they never had and the right they never had to do. Some say the four Hebrew letters YHWH should be pronounced Yaweh, others say it's Jehovah. The point is the four Hebrew letters YHWH have never been pronounced Jesus. Jesus is the name of the Only Begotten Son of God, a name given to him when he became human.
We're not debating your rejection of Jesus. Save that for another thread.
We are debating the origin of the word "Jehovah".