Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about here?

When did you post these Bible verses and your cryptic statement at the end to me? I never saw them. They never came up on my radar
C'mon be honest here, or you meant them for some one else.

And for the life of me what do they mean for me?! Can you speak/write a little more about them...is it that difficult?

No matter, I see you are not into scripture study anyway, only interested in plastering your Trinity marquee all over this site, that.....Jesus is God......repeating......like you are running a program or the program is really running you.

sorry no offense I put all you together

Matt 24:31 his angels
Jn 1:51 his angels
Jn 6:38 came down from heaven

Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23
The authority of the apostles bound on earth and therefore in heaven that Jesus Christ is divine and the doctrine of the holy trinity

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It proves Jesus is NOT God because no one is claiming Jesus is the Father.

It proves Jesus is a unitarian and never told us to consider a triune God. He did say the most important commandment is to love God, who alone is God. And Jesus said his Father is the true God. That should mean something to you but I know you'll pull out some dualism ploy.

To dualists, such definitive statements as "he was in" heaven does not logically connect to the other guy NOT being "in" means the other guy is not THE GUY, that these are 2 different guys, beings, etc.

No, it doesn't prove that Jesus is not God.
We can pray to the Father, to Jesus or to the Holy Spirit.

And it doesn't prove that Jesus is a unitarian. That's just your assertion without evidence.

And the claim is NOT that God is a triune God but Trinity. I think your problem is that you don't understand the Christian belief in the Trinity and the two natures of Christ. You are making a straw man to knock down.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL If this were not so, dualists would not have to assert Jesus had a dual nature.

The authority of the apostles bound on earth and therefore in heaven that Jesus Christ is divine and the doctrine of the holy trinity

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let me look at your first two scripture verses you wrote down, regarding angels.

I can only only assume you want me to think as you do, as a Trinitarian who thinks these deliberately chosen scripture are Trinitarian scripture and not Unitarian. And somehow admit that the Father and the Son are the same God because they share the same angels? I may be wrong, as you supply no explanation as to why you wrote them.

This is why you cannot learn scripture because you use it as a weapon and tool to support your Trinity view, your idol. Sad.

Anyway, the buzz word for these two verses is the 'when' context, the time when these angels appeared with Yahshua.

John 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

This is when Yahshua truly became the Son of his Father as his anointed man - the 2nd Adam. During his mission on earth, Christ would be helped by the Father's angels. Christ did not have any angels of his own, at his disposal at that time.

In Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The Son of God, of his Father, was given much authority including the ownership and disposition of his Father's angel for his other important mission: his glorious and powerful second return to earth.

I ask you these things now, 'why' do you think the Son did not have his own independent angels whilst on earth? His Father provided them to him. And 'why' do you think the Son was given the Father's angels upon his second coming?

hint: These are not that simple to answer

I wager I will never see my questions answered in full by you. You will just chuck out more scripture for me to explain as you have no clue what they really me.

APAK

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me look at your first two scripture verses you wrote down, regarding angels.

I can only only assume you want me to think as you do, as a Trinitarian who thinks these deliberately chosen scripture are Trinitarian scripture and not Unitarian. And somehow admit that the Father and the Son are the same God because they share the same angels? I may be wrong, as you supply no explanation as to why you wrote them.

This is why you cannot learn scripture because you use it as a weapon and tool to support your Trinity view, your idol. Sad.

Anyway, the buzz word for these two verses is the 'when' context, the time when these angels appeared with Yahshua.

John 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

This is when Yahshua truly became the Son of his Father as his anointed man - the 2nd Adam. During his mission on earth, Christ would be helped by the Father's angels. Christ did not have any angels of his own, at his disposal at that time.

In Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The Son of God, of his Father, was given much authority including the ownership and disposition of his Father's angel for his other important mission: his glorious and powerful second return to earth.

I ask you these things now, 'why' do you think the Son did not have his own independent angels whilst on earth? His Father provided them to him. And 'why' do you think the Son was given the Father's angels upon his second coming?

hint: These are not that simple to answer

I wager I will never see my questions answered in full by you. You will just chuck out more scripture for me to explain as you have no clue what they really me.

APAK

only God has angels
The Lord God of hosts

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More wiggling required

Only God has blinding glory

Acts 9:1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, (by God) Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God have the commandments only God can change them!

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Only God has this power!

Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Only God!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Only God can be this!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Only God!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only God has angels
The Lord God of hosts
Whatever you say and whatever it means to you and makes you happy...keep puffing away on the pipe...ignorance is truly bliss.

You cannot explain anything to save your life.

Don't ask me again to entertain you in your religious scripture Trinitarian scripturethon, as you definitely are not a serious student of scripture.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever you say and whatever it means to you and makes you happy...keep puffing away on the pipe...ignorance is truly bliss.

You cannot explain anything to save your life.

Don't ask me again to entertain you in your religious scripture Trinitarian scripturethon, as you definitely are not a serious student of scripture.

no response to the rest
See what we mean

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep asking about certain scriptures and all you guys keep ignoring thy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

(The father is not the son)
(The father is not the Holy Spirit)

(The son is not the father)
(The son is not the Holy Spirit)

(The Holy Spirit is not the father)
(The Holy Spirit is not the son)

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!

Reactions: Mungo and atpollard

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Mungo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More proof of the divinity

1 jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Psalm 86:15
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Exodus 34:6
And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can grant men peace

Jn 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

my peace!
Gods peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.