Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the op is inspired word of God?

see why you need the holy church to teach with the authority of Christ and his apostles

Jude 1:17

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus Christ is not God, why is he so important???

Jn 1:16-17

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can establish covenants

Christ established the new covenant

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.

4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?

6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

7 And he arose, and departed to his house.

8 But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

Only God can forgive sins
And only God can work miracles

Jesus did both he must be God!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again it is a mystery
You cannot know it completely

If it's a mystery, which as you say it is - something unknowable then deeper truth is yet to be revealed, is it not?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matt 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
Only God can forgive sins
And only God can work miracles

Jesus did both he must be God!

....actually that is not true, only a sinless man can forgive sins and many men did miracles.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just another example of completely absurd reasoning. The historical narrative is not supposed to be evidentiary. For instance, the Jews who condemned him of blasphemy not only realized he was not God incarnate but not even the Messiah. So, that is definitive proof using your standard.
Is the difference between “not understanding the words” and “not believing what he said” really that incomprehensible to you? o_O

They “understood” that Jesus was claiming to be equal to God.
They “did not believe” his claims and attempted to stone him for the blasphemy of claiming to be the Son of God and more than a man.
The only thing absurd is your argument that they wanted to stone him for the blasphemy of NOT claiming to be God.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only God can establish covenants

Christ established the new covenant

Once again this is not true.

I see you normally include a scripture to support your belief but not this time?

Here is one below:

Hebrews 13:20 Now may the God of peace who "by" the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus Christ

i.e a dead man cannot establish a covenant

In Genesis 15, the God unilaterally promises Abram an heir and a land, concluded by a ceremony in which He (symbolized by the “smoking fire pot” and “flaming torch”) passes between the pieces of the divided sacrificial animals (see verse 17), an act that we are told , “On that day Yahweh made a covenant with Abram” (see verse 18).

Before this event Abram entered a symbolic death Gen 15:12 When the sun went down, Abram fell sound asleep.

The reason he fell asleep is obvious - Abram could not fulfil the terms of covenant (obedience). But note God (Yahweh) established the covenant (really important you get this)

With Christ it was the same principle except with a difference - God was just to raise Jesus from the dead because of his obedience.

The God of peace who by the blood of his Son the Lord Jesus Christ raised His Son from the dead (sleep) as he will one day do for Abraham.

A covenant must be between two (2) parties and only One God could write the terms of that covenant and only one man ever fulfilled those terms...his name is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Later the writer expresses another truth - May God equip you with every good thing to do his will, working in us what is pleasing before him (God) through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever.

So Who established the covenant with Abraham & Jesus?

God did.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Jesus Christ is not God, why is he so important???

Jn 1:16-17

Good reference. Why so important? Well he is the firstborn from the dead? Do you know what that means and it's importance?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the difference between “not understanding the words” and “not believing what he said” really that incomprehensible to you? o_O

They “understood” that Jesus was claiming to be equal to God.
They “did not believe” his claims and attempted to stone him for the blasphemy of claiming to be the Son of God and more than a man.

LOL It's so funny how trinitarians use such narrative as authoritative exposition. Others worshipped Baal and Asherah as God's. By your reasoning above, that proves they too are God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL It's so funny how trinitarians use such narrative as authoritative exposition. Others worshipped Baal and Asherah as God's. By your reasoning above, that proves they too are God.

more for you to ignore

Only God descend from heaven!
Only God has angels!

John 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 6:42
And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

John 1:51
And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

1 Peter 3:22
Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Holy Spirit also descends from heaven he is divine

Reactions: atpollard

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it's a mystery, which as you say it is - something unknowable then deeper truth is yet to be revealed, is it not?

no there is no new revelation
Our fallen nature is limited in understanding and comprehension

are you denying the fact that there are mysteries

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....actually that is not true, only a sinless man can forgive sins and many men did miracles.

no only God can forgive sin and work miracles

it may be God working thru his church and apostles to do so but only God can do so

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again this is not true.

I see you normally include a scripture to support your belief but not this time?

Here is one below:

Hebrews 13:20 Now may the God of peace who "by" the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus Christ

i.e a dead man cannot establish a covenant

In Genesis 15, the God unilaterally promises Abram an heir and a land, concluded by a ceremony in which He (symbolized by the “smoking fire pot” and “flaming torch”) passes between the pieces of the divided sacrificial animals (see verse 17), an act that we are told , “On that day Yahweh made a covenant with Abram” (see verse 18).

Before this event Abram entered a symbolic death Gen 15:12 When the sun went down, Abram fell sound asleep.

The reason he fell asleep is obvious - Abram could not fulfil the terms of covenant (obedience). But note God (Yahweh) established the covenant (really important you get this)

With Christ it was the same principle except with a difference - God was just to raise Jesus from the dead because of his obedience.

The God of peace who by the blood of his Son the Lord Jesus Christ raised His Son from the dead (sleep) as he will one day do for Abraham.

A covenant must be between two (2) parties and only One God could write the terms of that covenant and only one man ever fulfilled those terms...his name is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Later the writer expresses another truth - May God equip you with every good thing to do his will, working in us what is pleasing before him (God) through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever.

So Who established the covenant with Abraham & Jesus?

God did.

Jesus Christ established the new covenant before he died
He established it between God and us not God and Jesus
Jesus is the mediator
It’s the people in union with God and in communion with each other

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. Psalm 27:1
    The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

does this refer to God?
    Is God our salvation?

Reactions: atpollard

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I guess it is incomprehensible to you.

Others that worship Baal, really believe that Baal is god.
Jews killed Baal worshipers because Baal worshippers really claimed that Baal was God.
You have Jews killing Baal worshipers because Baal worshipers do not claim that Baal is God and Jews attempting to stone Jesus for blasphemy because Jesus does not claim that he is God.

You seem utterly incapable of correctly summarizing my reasoning. Just for the record, my reasoning is as follows:

1. The Jews heard what Jesus said and attempted to stone him for BLASPHEMY.
  2. Jesus’ BLASPHEMY was claiming to be equal with God. (That is what ‘blasphemy’ means. Claiming to be the Messiah is not blasphemy. Claiming to be a prophet is not blasphemy. Claiming to perform miracles in the name of God is not blasphemy. Claiming to be equal to God is blasphemy … unless it is true.)
  3. The words that WE read in ENGLISH and interpret to mean that Jesus claimed to be God, they heard in the original language and reached the same conclusion.
  4. The difference between them and us is not the meaning of the words, but we BELIEVE those words and they DID NOT believe the words.
  5. Both the hearers and the modern readers reached the same conclusion about what Jesus SAID.
  6. You disagree with both what we read AND what they heard.
  7. They are more fluent at the original language than any modern scholar, so they are likely correct and you are likely incorrect in your understanding of what Jesus said.
  8. Both you and they share the same unbelief in the message that Jesus delivered. They wanted to stone HIM and you choose to mock ME.

The beauty of truth is that it is indifferent to human opinions. Jesus said what He said and He is who He is. One day we will see Him as He is and KNOW the truth. I do not expect to stand before a mere man (even a very good one).

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL. You are the one with the problem; not willing to admit that if I show you the verse, will it convince you Jesus is not God.

Probably not but it will be interesting to see how you misuse scripture to support your opinions.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably not but it will be interesting to see how you misuse scripture to support your opinions.

I don’t think there is any probably about it. Like I said, the verse is just a smokescreen.

Regarding misusing Scripture; I am not the one denying the trinity is not in the Bible - not the word, not the idea - and denying the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day.

Jesus was a unitarian. He did not express belief in the trinity but the Sh’ma.

Reactions: face2face
Status
Not open for further replies.