Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whom cried out “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

• A God Almighty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B Jesus

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said anything about rejecting Jesus as our Savior and master. It is just that the only God is Jesus' God as Jesus himself said at John 17:3. What do you say about that?
Keep reading. The Son declares He was with the Father before creation in John 17:5. Only God existed prior to creation.

Also John 17:3 the Son is saying He is equal with the Father for only in the Father/Son is their Eternal Life, Only God gives Eternal Life. No man gives Eternal Life. No man can grant salvation to another man- that is Gods prerogative.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said anything about rejecting Jesus as our Savior and master. It is just that the only God is Jesus' God as Jesus himself said at John 17:3. What do you say about that?
Well the Son is called our God and Savior in 2 Peter 1:1

Are you saying Peter was lying to his readers and misleading them ?

hope this helps !!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the Son is called our God and Savior in 2 Peter 1:1

Are you saying Peter was lying to his readers and misleading them ?

hope this helps !!!

Nice flaming attempt to demand trinitarian interpretation. V17 clarifies these are 2 beings and God alone is the Father - as every epistle states.

Hope that helps.

To: Those who, through the righteousness of our God and of our Deliverer Yeshua the Messiah, have been given the same kind of trust as ours:

For we were there when he received honor and glory from God the Father; and the voice came to him from the grandeur of the Sh’khinah, saying, “This is my son, whom I love; I am well pleased with him!”
CJB

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice flaming attempt to demand trinitarian interpretation. V17 clarifies these are 2 beings and God alone is the Father - as every epistle states.

Hope that helps.

To: Those who, through the righteousness of our God and of our Deliverer Yeshua the Messiah, have been given the same kind of trust as ours:

For we were there when he received honor and glory from God the Father; and the voice came to him from the grandeur of the Sh’khinah, saying, “This is my son, whom I love; I am well pleased with him!”
CJB
Who is the Lord and Savior in 2 Peter 1:11 ?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve address this over 100 times. Trinitarians deliberately confuse the LORD God almighty with the many lords in the Bible. Yes, Jesus is our Lord but he is not the LORD God almighty.

Hope this helps.
You did not answer my question. Who is Lord and Savior in 2 Peter 1:11-

a- the Father
b- the Son
c- both the Father and Son, the Father is Lord and the Son is Savior.

Is it a, b or c ?

hope this helps !!!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

a- the Father
b- the Son

Is it a, b or c ?

hope this helps !!!
@Christophany Father, Son and Holy Spirit are deeply present in Scripture. To the Lord Jesus Christ indeed belongs 'the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth' (John 1.14).

Reactions: ChristisGod

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

a- the Father
b- the Son

Is it a, b or c ?

hope this helps !!!

I did answer. You just did not like my answer. B. Jesus is our Lord and Savior (just not the LORD God almighty).

What is your answer to this thread’s question?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did answer. You just did not like my answer. B. Jesus is our Lord and Savior (just not the LORD God almighty).

What is your answer to this thread’s question?

2 Peter 1:1
τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

2 Peter 1:11
τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

We have a second person possessive pronoun "Our" modifying two different improper nouns (God and Savior) joined by "and" (Kia) to identify a proper noun (Jesus) [Granville/Sharp's]. Therefore, by basic grammar, we are identifying Jesus as God and Savior. We don't even have to know the Greek to see that Jesus is being called both God and Savior/ Lord and Savior in Peters 2nd Epistle. 2 Peter 2:20 and 2 Peter 3:18 also have the same Greek construction as 1:1 and 1:11.

But for those interested in the Greek here is the comparison of 1:1 and 1:11.

τοῦ is the same.
ἡμῶν is the same.
καὶ
is the same.
Σωτῆρος
is the same.
Ἰησοῦ
is the same.
Χριστοῦ·
is the same.

And all in the same order.

The only difference is the noun "Θεοῦ" in v.1, while "Κυρίου" is in v.11.

So if YOU want to deny that Jesus is "God" ("theou") in v.1, then YOU must deny that Jesus is "Lord" ("kuriou") in v.11. Otherwise YOU are being inconsistent and dishonest with the text. To say otherwise is proof positive one has an agenda when reading scripture and using eisegesis rather than exegesis of the biblical text in question.

hope this helps !!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore, by basic grammar, we are identifying Jesus as God and Savior.

That does not answer the question of this thread.

We will have to agree to disagree that v1 and v11 are not referring to a different quantity of people. Basic definition shows God is synonymous with LORD but not lord. As I already pointed out, the Bible has many lords, of which Jesus is one.

Jesus is not the LORD God and you will not find a single reference in Scripture making this claim. It is a pure anti-Biblical trinitarian claim.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just the opposite the NT was written in Greek and I studied Greek for several years and I am Greek.

Wonderful but irrelevant to the question of this thread. Appeal to Diversion. A common tactic of trinitarians. This thread is about Acts 2:36, not the Greek language or 2 Peter.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful but irrelevant to the question of this thread. Appeal to Diversion. A common tactic of trinitarians. This thread is about Acts 2:36, not the Greek language or 2 Peter.
And you avoided my post like the plague which revealed you are bias and cannot read Gods word for the truth which is eisegesis reading your own preconceived ideas into the text .

Your false premise in every passage is this:

Jesus is not snd cannot be God so every passage where He is called God must be denied and excuses made why the passage does not mean what it declares about the Deity of Christ.

You are incapable of being unbiased and reading Gods word with an open mind and be objective. Everything is subjective with your false premise.

I exposed that truth in my exegesis of 2 Peter 1:1 and 2 Peter 1:11.

hope this helps !!!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

We have a second person possessive pronoun "Our" modifying two different improper nouns (God and Savior) joined by "and" (Kia) to identify a proper noun (Jesus) [Granville/Sharp's]. Therefore, by basic grammar, we are identifying Jesus as God and Savior. We don't even have to know the Greek to see that Jesus is being called both God and Savior/ Lord and Savior in Peters 2nd Epistle. 2 Peter 2:20 and 2 Peter 3:18 also have the same Greek construction as 1:1 and 1:11.

But for those interested in the Greek here is the comparison of 1:1 and 1:11.

τοῦ is the same.
ἡμῶν is the same.
καὶ is the same.
Σωτῆρος is the same.
Ἰησοῦ is the same.
Χριστοῦ· is the same.

And all in the same order.

The only difference is the noun "Θεοῦ" in v.1, while "Κυρίου" is in v.11.

So if YOU want to deny that Jesus is "God" ("theou") in v.1, then YOU must deny that Jesus is "Lord" ("kuriou") in v.11. Otherwise YOU are being inconsistent and dishonest with the text. To say otherwise is proof positive one has an agenda when reading scripture and using eisegesis rather than exegesis of the biblical text in question.

hope this helps !!!
I see you are knotting up the fishing line on the reel again. What a mess! Might have to cut most of it off and start over....or just buy a pre-filled line reel?

You might want to refresh yourself with simple English grammar once again.
You say that God and Savior are improper nouns. This is seriously an incorrect statement.

1. In the English language there are two general classifications of nouns: common and proper, not improper and proper nouns.
2. Common nouns are NON-SPECIFIC nouns of people, places and things.
3. Proper nouns are SPECIFIC nouns of people, places and things. And nearly always Capitalized.
4. Examples: mother in general is a common noun, god in general is a common noun
mother of a specific person of interest or subject is a PROPER noun. Like in "Mother please listen to me...."
God is a specific god like in the God of Abraham. We are specifying a specific meaning to the title god as God (Almighty, the Father, of Son). Therefore God is a PROPER noun.
The same goes for savior. Our Savior is a PROPER noun because it is the role of Yashua or Jesus.
2. God and Savior are NOT common nouns. They are specific PROPER nouns.

Just saying, your post is very flawed mate.....want to redo it and resubmit?:rolleyes:

One more thing, you have incorrectly translated 2 Peter 1:1b
the most accurate translation and meaning of it is.."....through the righteousness of our God and (of our) Savior, Jesus (the) Messiah..."

....and again the translation and meaning for 2 Peter 1:11b..."....of our Lord(Master) and savior, Jesus (the) Messiah"

Happy Trails

APAK

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you deny Cherubs, Seraphs and angels are spirits. That's why I told you that those who speak against Holy Spirit have No Understanding. "Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand." (Daniel 12:10)

Angels are (gods) in nature..... or you can say the essence of God being a Spirit. Case and point...

No I do not deny that angels cherubs and seraphs are spirits. They are not divine but angelic in nature. But according to your reasining God is just another angel or cherub or serraph because He is just a spirit like the others.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can call me whatever you want. The fact is, considering the Bible in its entirety, it is all written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day. This explains why the trinity is not in the Bible. The doctrine of the trinity is so important, not one of the 66 books spells out the trinity doctrine once!

Projecting much?

So funny coming from the guy who incessantly posts the figurative John 1:1, while ignoring the same Gospel has Jesus explicitly identify his father has the one true God in 17:3 and has not gone to his God yet in 20:17 or that John's entire Gospel is written to prove Jesus is the Messiah in 20:31. This logically means you cannot use 1:1 to proof anything else. Then there are the explicitly damning verses in Acts which say God - in his unitarian nature - chose Jesus and raised him from the dead.

Then there is every single epistle which identifies the Father, as God alone. By contrast, not one time in all of the Bible is "God the Son" or 'God the Holy Spirit' mentioned. But this means naught.

In your estimation, it's better to ignore all that, use the figurative John 1:1 in violation of 20:31 to prove whatever you want and call me myopic. Your done, you say but have not once acknowledged the compelling verses in Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About. Instead criticize me. Nice!

Make a blessed day.

I tell you what:

Explain to me why John 1:1 declares the Word is god and John further goes on to identify the /Word as jesus, tell us why John, writing under ther inspiration of the Holy Spirit declared Jesus God here, when Jesus is not god.

also in John explain how John could write Jesus is equal to His Father while you say He is not.

Also explain from John why John wrote that jesus and the Father are one, when Jesus is not

Also explain why John also wrote if anyone views with their eyes Jesus, they have seen the Father as well.

See, I 100% accept the verses you falsely use to say Jesus cannot be god, while you fail to give a real defense form Scripture why the verses just paraphrased cannot be true.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has already told us. His word is written. Nowhere is the doctrine of the trinity.

There is no verse that declares Jesus is just as divine as His Father, who alone is God. Jesus himself says God is greater than him, knows more than him, sent him, told him what to say and referred to his God. This means nothing to you.

And, of course, you overlook the central fact of the New Testament that proves beyond any doubt whatsoever that Jesus is not divine; Jesus died.

But You are the same, You will never change;
Your years will never come to an end

Psalm 102:27 (VOICE)

Jesus human body dies, not His essence. that went to Abrahams bosom to preach that the victory those righteous souls were waiting for had happened. Then three days later The Father, Son, and Sp[irit and God raised Jesus physically from the dead.

And the NT clearly saysd Jesus is divine- you just reject and are forced to reinterpret the verses that do!