Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whom cried out “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

• A God Almighty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B Jesus

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You not answering the Acts 2:36 question tells the story.

No translation with ‘James’ in the title is readable to me, thus defeating the translation purpose. Acts 2:36?
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

What about it?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

What about it?

Re-read the question of the OP and the many linguistic analysis posts. God made Jesus ... Ergo, Jesus is not God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re-read the question of the OP and the many linguistic analysis posts. God made Jesus ... Ergo, Jesus is not God.
Jesus is indeed God.

He was made God by his God.

Since God cannot be seen, He must be seen through His human son, making His son God by default.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
Jesus told Nicodemus that God “gave” His Son. This is the everlasting gospel. If God did not possess a son then He would not have had a son to give. It must follow therefore that Christ was God’s “only begotten Son” before He came to earth. Jesus unfolded before Nicodemus the whole plan of salvation, and his mission to the world. In none of his subsequent discourses did the Saviour explain so thoroughly, step by step, the work necessary to be done in the human heart, if it would inherit the kingdom of Heaven. He traced man's salvation directly to the love of the Father, which led him to give his Son unto death that man might be saved. If the Father did not have a Son to give then this ‘giving of a Son’ is nothing more than divine play-acting. In fact it could even be called a lie. According to Jesus it was God the Father who had the prerogative of deciding whether or not Christ should come to earth. It was therefore the Father’s ultimate decision that His Son should be allowed to become the ‘sacrificial lamb’ to make the atonement for mankind.
That God gave His Son as a sacrifice for sin is the core-belief of Christianity. Without this belief, Christianity is meaningless. It is therefore a subject that not only demands our fullest attention but also needs great care when being presented. To get it wrong will pervert the gospel. A correct understanding of the atonement is totally dependent on a correct understanding of the relationship between God the Father and His Son. Those who teach that Christ is not really the Son of God are perverting what it cost God in redeeming mankind from sin. They are also perverting, in the minds of those who believe what they say, the love that God has for humanity. The apostle Paul wrote “For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:” Romans 8:3 “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” Romans 8:32
When expressing this great truth to his little flock, John the gospel writer put it this way “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.” 1 John 4:7-11
It is only when we realize that God really did give His Son that we can say we truly understand the gospel. Any other understanding of it is a perversion. In order to make manifest God’s love in the way that we treat others we need to correctly understand what God has done through His Son. It is only when we see the ‘other person’ (whoever that may be) as someone purchased by the blood of God’s only begotten Son that we are able to treat that person as they should be treated. Christ died for everyone. He did not die only for those who will be saved. We must regard everyone as the purchase of God. There are no exceptions. John also wrote “Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?…He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” 1 John 5:5, 10-11

The Scriptures also tell us “For it pleased the Father that in him [in Christ] should all fulness dwell; Colossians” 1:19 This is referring to the fullness of deity. As it says in Colossians 2:9 “For in him [in Christ] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” The Scriptures tell us that it was God’s pleasure to have His fullness dwell in the Son. Christ therefore was God Himself (the fullness of deity) in the person of the Son (John 1:1-3, Hebrews 1:1-3). This was Christ’s inheritance as a son. As a son He received (inherited) all things from His father (God the Father). As we are told in the opening verses of the book of Hebrews “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:” Hebrews 1:1-3 Prior to coming to earth, Christ existed as the divine Son of God. He therefore existed in eternity as the “express image” of His Father’s “person”. This did not take place at His birth in Bethlehem as a baby, neither did it first happen at His resurrection. He was already the “express image” of God’s person prior to the incarnation.

As I am my father's son, as I inherited his name, his likeness, and many of his attributes and character, this is verification of my humanity and a son of a man with a shared name. Man.
Jesus is the Son of God. As Son He inherited His Father's nature, all His divine attributes, and His name. God.
Jesus is God in the person of His Son. The only thing that the Son does not have is His Father's rank.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is indeed God.

He was made God by his God.

This is trinitarian doctrine contrary to all of Scripture, including the only verse under discussion in this thread. Acts 2:36.

Anytime one reads "God" in a passage juxtaposed with Jesus, one should read "in his unitarian nature. God, in his unitarian nature made Jesus. This is what Acts 2:36 says. It does not say God made Jesus God but (one of many) lords in the Bible as well as the Messiah. How do you get Jesus was made God from the text?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
Jesus told Nicodemus that God “gave” His Son. This is the everlasting gospel. If God did not possess a son then He would not have had a son to give.

Another attempt to divert by referring to another verse not the subject of this thread. This most famous verse says Jesus was created, made and begotten by God. Trinitarians want to change the meaning of the word "begotten" to mean something other than made and created (specifically pro-created) BECAUSE THE Word of God goes against their doctrine.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told Nicodemus that God “gave” His Son. This is the everlasting gospel. If God did not possess a son then He would not have had a son to give. It must follow therefore that Christ was God’s “only begotten Son” before He came to earth. Jesus unfolded before Nicodemus the whole plan of salvation, and his mission to the world. In none of his subsequent discourses did the Saviour explain so thoroughly, step by step, the work necessary to be done in the human heart, if it would inherit the kingdom of Heaven. He traced man's salvation directly to the love of the Father, which led him to give his Son unto death that man might be saved. If the Father did not have a Son to give then this ‘giving of a Son’ is nothing more than divine play-acting. In fact it could even be called a lie. According to Jesus it was God the Father who had the prerogative of deciding whether or not Christ should come to earth. It was therefore the Father’s ultimate decision that His Son should be allowed to become the ‘sacrificial lamb’ to make the atonement for mankind.

Br/Backlit bro....I just have to say you did not have to amplify and write a long post based on an incorrect premise.
God 'gave' his Son to us simply means Yahshua was born (not pre-existed) by his Father and sent into Judea, Galilee and for the world as a sacrificial lamb as we both know why of course. There is no mysterious pre-existence text in scripture that says the Father AND the Son, together existed from time immemorial. It's wishful thinking.

And if you want to use a couple of clearing marked idioms to counter with, then you are then not aware they exist and why they are there.....and then mind some of the inaccurate translations in these areas.

The word 'gave' means in John 3:16 'sacrificed' his human life, period. John 3:14 support this idea as the local context verse...'he must be raised up.' It does not mean at all to say, 'well its time Son, off you go (came) down from (here in) heaven (an idiom!!) , to the earth and do you sacrificial duty for mankind. And be back up here in a jiffy when I get you back on your feet so we can now really go to town and develop my new project and plan for my new Kingdom and you are the head of it as you know,...'etc.

G'day or should I say good evening bro

APAK

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is trinitarian doctrine contrary to all of Scripture, including the only verse under discussion in this thread. Acts 2:36.

Anytime one reads "God" in a passage juxtaposed with Jesus, one should read "in his unitarian nature. God, in his unitarian nature made Jesus. This is what Acts 2:36 says. It does not say God made Jesus God but (one of many) lords in the Bible as well as the Messiah. How do you get Jesus was made God from the text?
Jesus was made a quickening spirit upon his resurrection per 1 Cor 15.

A quickening spirit raises the dead as God does.

So, Jesus was made God(a quickening spirit).

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Br/Backlit bro....I just have to say you did not have to amplify and write a long post based on an incorrect premise.
God 'gave' his Son to us simply means Yahshua was born (not pre-existed) by his Father and sent into Judea, Galilee and for the world as a sacrificial lamb as we both know why of course. There is no mysterious pre-existence text in scripture that says the Father AND the Son, together existed from time immemorial. It's wishful thinking.

And if you want to use a couple of clearing marked idioms to counter with, then you are then not aware they exist and why they are there.....and then mind some of the inaccurate translations in these areas.

The word 'gave' means in John 3:16 'sacrificed' his human life, period. John 3:14 support this idea as the local context verse...'he must be raised up.' It does not mean at all to say, 'well its time Son, off you go (came) down from (here in) heaven (an idiom!!) , to the earth and do you sacrificial duty for mankind. And be back up here in a jiffy when I get you back on your feet so we can now really go to town and develop my new project and plan for my new Kingdom and you are the head of it as you know,...'etc.

G'day or should I say good evening bro

APAK
All I shall say is that if Jesus said that God gave His Son, then God had a Son to give. I shall not debate this however with you. I've said my peace, it is up to the holy Spirit to reveal truth, not me. God bless .

Reactions: APAK

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fascinating. Why you are hijacking a thread not about this is clear. You don’t want to address Scripture that undermines your doctrine.
A previous poster said God came as Jesus, in the person of his son. That is an actor. God did not come as Jesus but inside Jesus. How can you guys get so twisted? I know. The Catholic Church taught you that.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I shall say is that if Jesus said that God gave His Son, then God had a Son to give. I shall not debate this however with you. I've said my peace, it is up to the holy Spirit to reveal truth, not me. God bless .
All good...peace as always bro...I do not break bonds over this seemingly impasse. There are bigger fish to fry in life

Reactions: Brakelite

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fascinating. Why you are hijacking a thread not about this is clear. You don’t want to address Scripture that undermines your doctrine.
Which scripture?

I am only commenting occasionally.

It must have your attention?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all incarnationists....

God forsook an individual, not Himself.