SDA: Seventh Dilemma Adventism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is unfortunate mailmandan that you rely on these hate sites to determine what you understand.
Have you ever read EGW?.....my guess is you haven't.

There are many who have an opinion of the Bible that at best have only cast a cursory glance at it and at worst have never opened its pages yet they are quick to sound authoritative and quick to violate context. They rely on the hate speech of others to form their views. The same principle applies to the writings of EGW. They are self deceived. Should a person take their testimony seriously?

The ball is in your court mailmandan; if you want accurate information reading the author personally is the only option. You might like to start with 'Desire of Ages' or 'The Great Controversy' ....then we can have a serious discussion on this matter.

Attachments

• The Desire of Ages .pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mailmandan....so that you are not left uninformed here is also a copy of 'The Great Controversy' :)

Attachments

• The Great Controversy by E.G. White..pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is unfortunate mailmandan that you rely on these hate sites to determine what you understand.
Have you ever read EGW?.....my guess is you haven't.

There are many who have an opinion of the Bible that at best have only cast a cursory glance at it and at worst have never opened its pages yet they are quick to sound authoritative and quick to violate context. They rely on the hate speech of others to form their views. They are self deceived. Should a person take their testimony seriously?

The ball is in your court mailmandan; if you want accurate information reading the author personally is the only option. You might like to start with 'Desire of Ages' or 'The Great Controversy' ....then we can have a serious discussion on this matter.
Brother Anderson (former member of the SDA church for 34 years) did mention (among other things) that Adventists have institutionalized deception and have a persecution complex.

Bible Truth Versus Adventist Truth - Dangers of Seventh-day Adventism

These websites have helped me to more deeply understand what I already understood and I've read enough about EGW to know all I need to know.

The Great Controversy Examined - Fact or Fiction?
The Great Controversy Examined - Fact or Fiction?

Christian websites that seek to reach people with the truth from God's word are not hate sites. Though the truth may hurt, people need to hear it.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Priceless! :);)

I'm stealing that one... :p

Peace!
Of course that statement can be applied in ways not intended and probably will by those whom it suits. Understanding intention is important if truth is a priority.....if there is doubt, confusion or misunderstanding a direct enquiry can be made.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Dr. Samuele Bacchiocchi, perhaps the best Adventist scholar, wrote:

The earliest documents mentioning Sunday worship go back to Barnabas in 135 and Justin Martyr in 150. Thus, it is evident that Sunday worship was already established by the middle of the second century. This means that to be historically accurate the term “centuries” should be changed to the singular “century.” This simple correction would enhance the credibility of The Great Controversy, because it is relatively easy to defend general Sabbath observance during the first century, but it is impossible to do it for the second century.Answering Seventh Day Adventism – Shameless Popery

A good and trustworthy witness to the gross darkness wherein SDAism plunged since day 1 of its existence -- the PURE INACCURACY of its <best> whoever! In one sentence, the first one quoted, the <best Adventist scholar> makes one colossal blunder, twice.

Now I bet no Adventist is going to volunteer to rescue their theological and ecclesiastical cream-on-top.

But I'll increase the stakes tenfold any Sunday going to churcher has a clue to which blunder above, I refer.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
But as for Lutherans, I don't see them as being nearly as anti-Catholic today as the SDAs.

The SDA are Hyper Roman Catholic, by just listening for example to their beloved Dr Francois du Plessis from the same African savannas as I. The SDA think I am van lotjie getik. Because SDA hyper Roman Catholicism drove me out, man, out and as fast as I could run, OUT and away forever. But they hang on the man's and Ellen's lips like these earrings certain ladies carry through their nostrils.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The SDA are Hyper Roman Catholic, by just listening for example to their beloved Dr Francois du Plessis from the same African savannas as I. The SDA think I am van lotjie getik. Because SDA hyper Roman Catholicism drove me out, man, out and as fast as I could run, OUT and away forever. But they hang on the man's and Ellen's lips like these earrings certain ladies carry through their nostrils.
You regular charge that SDA's run down Catholics is unwarranted (though it is the system not the people which SDA's make abundantly clear) yet it seems to escape your attention that the vitriol you level at SDA's is unabating.

Wake up man to your hypocrisy regarding this matter! ......and while your at it perhaps you can point out where EGW fails?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You regular charge that SDA's run down Catholics is unwarranted (though it is the system not the people which SDA's make abundantly clear) yet it seems to escape your attention that the vitriol you level at SDA's is unabating.

Wake up man to your hypocrisy regarding this matter! ......and while your at it perhaps you can point out where EGW fails?

Blame me that I am not a Seventh Day Adventist fan, but critic like they never could have dreaded? ...

E.G. White,
"In order to be purified and to remain pure, Seventh-day Adventists must have the Holy Spirit in their hearts and in their homes. The Lord has given me light that when the Israel of today humble themselves before Him, and cleanse the soul-temple from all defilement, He will hear their prayers in behalf of the sick and will bless in the use of His remedies for disease. When in faith the human agent does all he can to combat disease, using the simple methods of treatment that God has provided, his efforts will be blessed of God." ~ Testimonies vol.9 p.164.1

Besides, what is this thread about, after all. Take it on the chin, chum, or don't come into the ring!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Blame me that I am not a Seventh Day Adventist fan, but critic like they never could have dreaded? ...

E.G. White,
"In order to be purified and to remain pure, Seventh-day Adventists must have the Holy Spirit in their hearts and in their homes. The Lord has given me light that when the Israel of today humble themselves before Him, and cleanse the soul-temple from all defilement, He will hear their prayers in behalf of the sick and will bless in the use of His remedies for disease. When in faith the human agent does all he can to combat disease, using the simple methods of treatment that God has provided, his efforts will be blessed of God." ~ Testimonies vol.9 p.164.1

Besides, what is this thread about, after all. Take it on the chin, chum, or don't come into the ring!
do you find offence at those words?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
do you find offence at those words?
I won't even try to explain to anyone who doesn't. It's the same as SDAs are hyper papists, they stand in awe and adoration at its core teachings and doctrines, who can cause their hearing ears and seeing eyes to hear and see their deafness and blindness but the Almighty?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I won't even try to explain to anyone who doesn't. It's the same as SDAs are hyper papists, they stand in awe and adoration at its core teachings and doctrines, who can cause their hearing ears and seeing eyes to hear and see their deafness and blindness but the Almighty?
Whenever I have read your posts all I hear is bitterness and castigation. It leaves me with nothing with which to be attracted to a Saviour. With the great insight that you claim I had hoped you had presented far better than you do. I'm not even convinced you've read EGW. If you had you'd see she is a straight shooter and her sole objective is to present Jesus to the sick and sorry.
No wonder she gets flack from those who care little for her objective.

Reactions: Brakelite

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Whenever I have read your posts all I hear is bitterness and castigation. It leaves me with nothing with which to be attracted to a Saviour. With the great insight that you claim I had hoped you had presented far better than you do. I'm not even convinced you've read EGW. If you had you'd see she is a straight shooter and her sole objective is to present Jesus to the sick and sorry.
No wonder she gets flack from those who care little for her objective.

Truth hurts before it heals, that's a very common fact.
If I may tell about myself -- which I DISLIKE to do. I memorised pages and pages of Ellen White in my youth. I had most of her books in my library. It was a beautiful collection all in the same band. I shall, though, not tell you just HOW Ellen G. White was to me, the Standard of Truth and Condition at decision-making times. She determined the career I chose NOT to follow, the friends I chose NOT to have or trust, etc etc Pleeease don't try to tell me anything about Ellen White or SDAism. I can make of this post a whole and large book that will only waste everybody's time.

But I shall be a coward if I don't fix your attention on one thing YOUR prophetess WROTE in honour of Sunday and Sunday observance LIKE SHE NEVER ONCE wrote in honour of the Sabbath of the Lord. Yes, and I am so sick of telling this same story. But read it yourself in 'Desire of Ages", the chapter something like 'He is Risen'. She wrote something going like, the day that to the world and all heaven should be the Day of Rejoicing and Remembrance : SUNDAY! dear loud and clear for the true thinker!

89933597_2922985151091628_429921394491392000_o.jpg

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth hurts before it heals, that's a very common fact.
If I may tell about myself -- which I DISLIKE to do. I memorised pages and pages of Ellen White in my youth. I had most of her books in my library. It was a beautiful collection all in the same band. I shall, though, not tell you just HOW Ellen G. White was to me, the Standard of Truth and Condition at decision-making times. She determined the career I chose NOT to follow, the friends I chose NOT to have or trust, etc etc Pleeease don't try to tell me anything about Ellen White or SDAism. I can make of this post a whole and large book that will only waste everybody's time.

But I shall be a coward if I don't fix your attention on one thing YOUR prophetess WROTE in honour of Sunday and Sunday observance LIKE SHE NEVER ONCE wrote in honour of the Sabbath of the Lord. Yes, and I am so sick of telling this same story. But read it yourself in 'Desire of Ages", the chapter something like 'He is Risen'. She wrote something going like, the day that to the world and all heaven should be the Day of Rejoicing and Remembrance : SUNDAY! dear loud and clear for the true thinker!
Bitter without accuracy is what I read. Your misrepresentation also stands out exponentially. Did you know you can make a God of anything? It matters not if it is science, mathematics, sport, religion and dare I say the Bible....yes even the Bible! From what you have said above it appears to me you had made a God of EGW and obviously missed the point of her writing. That is unfortunate because your bitterness comes through in your posts.
Do you really think that the Gospel commission will make headway in a hurting and sick world when bitterness and unjust criticism is the MO?
.......and just to finish off, you need to revisit the chapter 'The Lord is Risen' in Desire of Ages and get your story straight and in context. Misrepresentation distorts and cripples and blinds not only the speaker but the hearer as well.....a responsibility too weighty for anyone. Get it right for your own sake.

Reactions: Brakelite

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bitter without accuracy is what I read. Your misrepresentation also stands out exponentially. Did you know you can make a God of anything? It matters not if it is science, mathematics, sport, religion and dare I say the Bible....yes even the Bible! From what you have said above it appears to me you had made a God of EGW and obviously missed the point of her writing. That is unfortunate because your bitterness comes through in your posts.
Do you really think that the Gospel commission will make headway in a hurting and sick world when bitterness and unjust criticism is the MO?
.......and just to finish off, you need to revisit the chapter 'The Lord is Risen' in Desire of Ages and get your story straight and in context. Misrepresentation distorts and cripples and blinds not only the speaker but the hearer as well.....a responsibility too weighty for anyone. Get it right for your own sake.

Just pass the bucket back to me won't help you. Yours for the umpteenth time is the standard SDA reply. I wanted to see if you might be worthy a <representation .. straight and in context>. You proved yourself like every Adventist before you, UNWORTHY. But for the sake of TRUTH I herewith place here what that holy sister wrote.

For a start...
Ellen G. White in 'The Desire of Ages', chapter 8 in the 'version' I quote from, 'The Passion of Love', Remnant Publications 2004 ISBN 1-883012-18-X, 2004, pp 90ff, states:
“The face they (priests and rulers) look upon is not the face of mortal warrior; it is the face of the mightiest of the Lord’s hosts. … The soldiers see him come down to the earth … remove the stone … and hear _him_ cry, Son of God, come forth; thy Father calls Thee. They see Jesus come forth from the grave, and hear Him proclaim over the rent sepulchre, “I am the resurrection, and the life. … Christ came forth from the tomb … and the Roman guard beheld Him.”
Now besides the myriad falsities intertwined – and there are exponential numbers of them in the statements I have not here quoted, such as that His resurrection was seen and witnessed by the guard – what is declared here unmistakably – are the two main and basic LIES of Seventh-day Adventism. They are:
An ANGEL (a MORTAL being, by the way) called Jesus from the dead;
Christ was raised from the dead in the absence of the Father.
Ephesians 1:20, Hebrews 13:20, Philippians 2:9 Colossians 2:12 1Peter 1:21 Romans 1:4, 6:4, 4:24 8:11 et al --- WHO say they, raised Jesus from the grave and death?
To save us all the time, go read 'Desire of Ages' by E.G. White, the chapter, "The Lord is risen" --- WHO REMOVED THE STONE AND WHO 'CRIED' AND 'CALLED' CHRIST BEFORE THE EYES OF THE GUARD FROM DEATH AND GRAVE??!!
WHERE, was the Father? Where was the Father THEN? ...according to the Seventh-day Adventist Church and Mrs E.G. White ....
The keynote I heard from the pen of Mrs White myself, is tuned in on ‘Desire of Ages’, chapter, “The Lord is Risen”. That keynote is sounded this very Sabbath one hundred and 11 years after “1909” throughout the world by all delegates of the Seventh-day Adventist church; it is the keynote of antichrist, denying the Father his prerogative and Glory, and the Son his Divinity and propitiation.

Mrs E. G. White and the SDA church STOLE THE SABBATH DAY'S ONLY HONOUR --the honour of having been the day Jesus Christ ROSE FROM THE DEAD ON, and changed the Times and Law of GOD, and bestowed that only honour ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, SUNDAY.

Do I commit defamation of character, and that to a person who cannot defend herself? I say, Mrs White is here to present her case herself. This is ‘Mrs White’ – here, between this cover. And she is granted every opportunity to speak in her own defence. Do you have anything to say, Mrs White?
Mrs White: I witness,
Jesus refused to receive the homage of His people until He had the assurance that His sacrifice was accepted by the Father. He ascended to the heavenly courts, and from God Himself heard the assurance that His atonement for the sins of men had been ample. ... While the Saviour was in God’s presence, receiving gifts for His Church, the disciples thought upon His empty tomb, and mourned and wept. The day that was a day of rejoicing to all heaven (Resurrection-day, Sunday) was to the disciples a day of uncertainty, confusion, and perplexity.” (98/3,4)

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bitter without accuracy is what I read. Your misrepresentation also stands out exponentially. Did you know you can make a God of anything? It matters not if it is science, mathematics, sport, religion and dare I say the Bible....yes even the Bible!

So that is your defence, I am making an idol of exponential misrepresentation ... unnecessary to say ... the moment you sit with a mouth full of teeth and have no Scripture to your rescue.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Did you know you can make a God of anything? It matters not if it is science, mathematics, sport, religion and dare I say the Bible....yes even the Bible!

This, is what you are telling me, after I have said that SDA and Roman Catholicism are identical : The Bible comes off second best at best. Before and above the Bible is THE CHURCH.