SDA: Seventh Dilemma Adventism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finally, I have not figured out how others are able to cut and paste the quotes of others into their replies. If you've got any clues, please let me know. thanks, k.

It is rather simple my friend. When you push the button "Post Reply" you will note at the top of the individuals post to whom you wish to reply that their name, post number and member number are in brackets.

Now say you want to comment on a particular comment or question within the post you simply copy this whole bracket with everything in it and place it above what you want to comment on and then copy or type the word "QUOTE" which is likewise in brackets ([/...]) found at the bottom of the page.

Don't just write "quote" copy or type it just as it appears in Caps with the the slash and brackets.

Then you write your reply.

Now if you wish to comment on something else in the same post you will have to do the same thing again, first the title bracket (at the top of the page), then the question or comment, followed by the little "quote" in brackets. Then your reply.

Don't forget this last little quote in brackets otherwise your reply will appear to run into their comment, making it look like they were replying to their own post.

Our friend Barney had this problem in the beginning, but has since corrected the problem.

Now this procedure can be a bit daunting at first especial if you are replying to 10 separate questions or comments in one post, but you'll get the hang of it.

There is of coarse the alliterative method which I myself often use and that is simply to write:

You state: I have not figured out how others are able to cut and paste the quotes of others into their replies. If you've got any clues, please let me know.

In Reply, my answer...

Next comment or question...

You asked: bla, bla, bla

In Reply, bla, bla, bla

I use both methods depending on the content of the post I'm responding to, sometimes one method is much easier than the other.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only a remnant in the Harvest of each dispensation (both Jewish and Gospel) are prepared to receive the truths due and to enter into the special privileges of the dawning dispensation.

I'm familiar with remnant theology, but it largely arises from the remnant of Judah in Israel rebuilding the nation of Israel after captivity. Thus, in relation to the end-time harvest, it is through the remnant that the harvest of a great nation will come. In general, down through the ages, few have been saved. But I believe things will change during the end-time harvest. If it were still only a few during this time it would fail to fulfill the harvest analogy. Jesus said He will gather the wheat into His barn, which does not suggest just a couple bushels. It suggest just what it describes, a full and plentiful harvest.

'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'" (Matthew 13:30).

Anyway, I was simply satisfying my curiosities.

God bless,
Hidden

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is rather simple my friend. When you push the button "Post Reply" you will note at the top of the individuals post to whom you wish to reply that their name, post number and member number are in brackets.

Now say you want to comment on a particular comment or question within the post you simply copy this whole bracket with everything in it and place it above what you want to comment on and then copy or type the word "QUOTE" which is likewise in brackets ([/...]) found at the bottom of the page.

Don't just write "quote" copy or type it just as it appears in Caps with the the slash and brackets.

Then you write your reply.

Now if you wish to comment on something else in the same post you will have to do the same thing again, first the title bracket (at the top of the page), then the question or comment, followed by the little "quote" in brackets. Then your reply.

Don't forget this last little quote in brackets otherwise your reply will appear to run into their comment, making it look like they were replying to their own post.

Our friend Barney had this problem in the beginning, but has since corrected the problem.

Now this procedure can be a bit daunting at first especial if you are replying to 10 separate questions or comments in one post, but you'll get the hang of it.

There is of coarse the alliterative method which I myself often use and that is simply to write:

You state: I have not figured out how others are able to cut and paste the quotes of others into their replies. If you've got any clues, please let me know.

In Reply, my answer...

Next comment or question...

You asked: bla, bla, bla

In Reply, bla, bla, bla

I use both methods depending on the content of the post I'm responding to, sometimes one method is much easier than the other.
thanks Harvest

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where I sit is..JESUS gave us two commandments...and said that in these two hang all the law and the prophets ...Matt 22:36-40
These two Commandments Helen are a summary of the ten.
The first four are in relation to God, the following six in relation to man. Can you see that?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These two Commandments Helen are a summary of the ten.
The first four are in relation to God, the following six in relation to man. Can you see that?

Oh yes totally. But I believe that when we are told that Jesus came to fulfil the law God was satisfied. ...but you don't, you believe that you can keep it.

And there we divide. You in your small corner, and me in mine. :)

Reactions: mailmandan

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh yes totally. But I believe that when we are told that Jesus came to fulfil the law God was satisfied. ...but you don't, you believe that you can keep it.

And there we divide. You in your small corner, and me in mine. :)
What do you understand by 'fulfil the law' and 'God was satisfied' Helen?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have b***s posting in a thread that has already exposed your false religion. Just to recap:

THE SDA/NAZI CONNECTION

Journal of Adventist Mission Studies, Vol. 6 [2010], No. 1, Art. 2
(SDA publication) SEE POST #64 in invisible text

Pope Pius XII wrote MYSTICI CORPORIS CHRISTI (The Body of Christ) around the same time Hitler plotted to kill him. FYI, it is the same encyclical that the SDA, Matt Slick and anti-Catholics twist and distort beyond recognition. Phony Man cites it several times a week.

Your sda web pages are loaded with occult numerology, trying to demonize the papacy by jumbling letters, numbers, and different languages..

The SDA collaborated with the Nazis and were granted liberties to preach their gospel, because it was compatible with Geobbles propaganda. 3,000,000 Polish Catholics, 3,000,000 Jews and over 1000 priests and ministers were killed in Poland alone, while the Vatican saved 860,000 Jewish lives.

Anti-Catholic psychotic b******s like you were running around Germany railing against the "Whore of Babylon" "the Beast", the "Anti-Christ popes", with the blessing of the High Command.

10,000 Bible Students went to the camps for the crime of standing up for their convictions. There are no records of SDA's in the holocaust archives that I am aware of. They were busy spending 30 pieces of silver.

QT, I'm sure you are a nice guy, and try to be a good Christian. But I have the utmost contempt for the SDA, contrary to my Church that tells me I shouldn't.

Fr. Maxmillian Kolbe, saint and martyr
kolbe.jpg
Toward the end of his second month in Auschwitz, men were chosen to face death by starvation to warn against escapes. Kolbe was not chosen but volunteered to take the place of a man with a family.
Read more here.

Last edited:

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm familiar with remnant theology, but it largely arises from the remnant of Judah in Israel rebuilding the nation of Israel after captivity.

Yes its true, there was only a “remnant” that came out of the captivity of literal Babylon 70 years after they were first taken, but that is not the remnant in which we refer to here.

We refer here to the remnant which was selected out of Israel at the end of the Jewish age, Israelite's indeed, who accepting the Messiah were received into the higher dispensation, the Gospel age, the remainder of that nation rejected because of blindness, pride, and hardness of heart.

Only a remnant at the first advent was found possessed of the faith of Abraham and accepted by our Lord as members of the new house of sons.

"He came unto his own, and his own (as a nation) received him not, but as many as received him (individually) to them gave he liberty to become sons of God." (John 1:11, 12)

In all, this remnant consisted of only a few thousands out of the millions of that nation. Of these were the twelve apostles, the seventy (Luke 10:1), also the "five hundred brethren" (1 Cor. 15:6), and those Jews subsequently reached on the Day of Pentecost and afterward during the entire harvest of their age.

"Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea (in the millions), a remnant [only] shall be saved." (Rom. 9:27)

Similarly, also at the second advent of Christ, only a remnant will be found of Israelite's indeed (the “Israel of God”, true Christians, the wheat), while the majority (tares) will be rejected.

As the Gospel was not intended to convert all the Jews, but only to take from them a remnant, so likewise it was intended to take from the Gentiles only a remnant, that the entire company is properly termed a "little flock."

The remnant of natural Israel, delivered from literal Babylon was a type of the remnant of God's people now about to be delivered from symbolic Babylon. Literal Babylon’s fall, at the hands of Cyrus, foreshadowing the fall of mystic Babylon under the antitypical Cyrus, our Lord, the Captain of our salvation.

Thus, in relation to the end-time harvest, it is through the remnant that the harvest of a great nation will come. In general, down through the ages, few have been saved. But I believe things will change during the end-time harvest. If it were still only a few during this time it would fail to fulfill the harvest analogy. Jesus said He will gather the wheat into His barn, which does not suggest just a couple bushels. It suggest just what it describes, a full and plentiful harvest.

With this we respectfully disagree, the scriptures make it clear that it is to be only a remnant (the wheat class), which is to be harvested into the Lord’s barn (the “holy” or spirit begotten conditions), the rest, the majority of professing Christians (nominal Christians, “tares” whose numbers far outnumber that of the wheat) are rejected and securely bound to their respective bundles (denominations, sects and etc.) to await the fire of the great day.

“The work of salvation is divided into two great sections (i.e. “the two salvation's”), one of which is already operative, the other to begin where the present one ends. This first section of the divine plan of salvation relates to the Church, a little flock, and to a household of faith, both separate and distinct from the world in general, which is not now being particularly dealt with. The message of the justice of God, the fallen condition of man, and the remedy provided in Jesus, are promulgated now that those who have the hearing ear may be attracted and may receive a blessing. This blessing, which is of faith, cannot reach all now, nor is it the divine plan that it should reach all in the present time. It is merely designed to take out of the nations a people for his name— “a little flock.” (Acts 15:14, Luke 12:32)

Although a great many are called (to faith in Christ, as believers, members of the household of faith), few of these are chosen (chosen to be prospective members of the body of Christ, members of the Royal Priesthood, 1 Pet 2:5, 9), remember concerning this last, “No man takes this honor unto himself save he who is called by God, even as was Aaron.” (Heb 5:4).

In other words one does not just decide for themselves that they are going to be a priest, first they must be called to that position.

Now of the few who are called (chosen), fewer still, of these will be proven worthy, that is few will make their calling and election sure, thus this special calling or salvation comes down to being but a “little flock” of over-comers as in comparisons with the great mass of professing Christians called (or drawn) during the Gospel age.

Now in the next age there will be a great harvest, the after-fruits, mankind in general gathered during the millennial age. The after-fruits will come in due time, under the further development of the Divine Plan of the Ages as the result of Messiah’s reign of a thousand years. How could we think of ourselves of the Church as the first-fruits and suppose that there would be no after-fruits no general harvest for the world? Jas 1:18

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have b***s posting in a thread that previously exposed your false religion. Just to recap:

THE SDA/NAZI CONNECTION

Journal of Adventist Mission Studies, Vol. 6 [2010], No. 1, Art. 2 (SEE POST #64, IT'S INVISIBLE TO 7TH DILEMMA ADVENTISTS )
(SDA publication)

Pope Pius XII wrote MYSTICI CORPORIS CHRISTI (Mystical Body of Christ) around the same time Hitler plotted to kill him. FYI, it is the same encyclical that the SDA, Matt Slick and other anti-Catholics twist and distort it beyond recognition. Your sda web pages are loaded with occult numerology, trying to demonize the papacy by jumbling letters, numbers, and different languages. Did I say "occult numerology"? hmm, yes, I did say "occult numerology".

Anti-Catholic psychotic b******s like you were running around Germany railing against the "Whore of Babylon" "the Beast", the "Anti-Christ popes", with the blessing of the High Command.

The SDA collaborated with the Nazis and were granted liberties to preach their gospel, because it was compatible with Geobbles propaganda. 3,000,000 Polish Catholics, 3,000,000 Jews and over 1000 priests and ministers were killed in Poland alone, while the Vatican saved 860,000 Jewish lives.

10,000 Bible Students were sent to the camps for the crime of standing up for their convictions. There are no records of SDA's in the holocaust archives. They were busy spending 30 pieces of silver.

QT, I'm sure you are a nice guy, and try to be a good Christian. But I have the utmost contempt for the SDA, contrary to my Church that tells me I shouldn't.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We refer here to the remnant which was selected out of Israel at the end of the Jewish age, Israelite's indeed, who accepting the Messiah were received into the higher dispensation, the Gospel age, the remainder of that nation rejected because of blindness, pride, and hardness of heart.
4. As the sacred synod searches into the mystery of the Church, it remembers the bond that spiritually ties the people of the New Covenant to Abraham's stock.

Thus the Church of Christ acknowledges that, according to God's saving design, the beginnings of her faith and her election are found already among the Patriarchs, Moses and the prophets. She professes that all who believe in Christ-Abraham's sons according to faith (6)-are included in the same Patriarch's call, and likewise that the salvation of the Church is mysteriously foreshadowed by the chosen people's exodus from the land of bondage. The Church, therefore, cannot forget that she received the revelation of the Old Testament through the people with whom God in His inexpressible mercy concluded the Ancient Covenant. Nor can she forget that she draws sustenance from the root of that well-cultivated olive tree onto which have been grafted the wild shoots, the Gentiles.(7) Indeed, the Church believes that by His cross Christ, Our Peace, reconciled Jews and Gentiles. making both one in Himself.(8)

The Church keeps ever in mind the words of the Apostle about his kinsmen: "theirs is the sonship and the glory and the covenants and the law and the worship and the promises; theirs are the fathers and from them is the Christ according to the flesh" (Rom. 9:4-5), the Son of the Virgin Mary. She also recalls that the Apostles, the Church's main-stay and pillars, as well as most of the early disciples who proclaimed Christ's Gospel to the world, sprang from the Jewish people.

As Holy Scripture testifies, Jerusalem did not recognize the time of her visitation,(9) nor did the Jews in large number, accept the Gospel; indeed not a few opposed its spreading.(10) Nevertheless, God holds the Jews most dear for the sake of their Fathers; He does not repent of the gifts He makes or of the calls He issues-such is the witness of the Apostle.(11) In company with the Prophets and the same Apostle, the Church awaits that day, known to God alone, on which all peoples will address the Lord in a single voice and "serve him shoulder to shoulder" (Soph. 3:9).(12)

Since the spiritual patrimony common to Christians and Jews is thus so great, this sacred synod wants to foster and recommend that mutual understanding and respect which is the fruit, above all, of biblical and theological studies as well as of fraternal dialogues.

True, the Jewish authorities and those who followed their lead pressed for the death of Christ;(13) still, what happened in His passion cannot be charged against all the Jews, without distinction, then alive, nor against the Jews of today. Although the Church is the new people of God, the Jews should not be presented as rejected or accursed by God, as if this followed from the Holy Scriptures. All should see to it, then, that in catechetical work or in the preaching of the word of God they do not teach anything that does not conform to the truth of the Gospel and the spirit of Christ.

Furthermore, in her rejection of every persecution against any man, the Church, mindful of the patrimony she shares with the Jews and moved not by political reasons but by the Gospel's spiritual love, decries hatred, persecutions, displays of anti-Semitism, directed against Jews at any time and by anyone.

Besides, as the Church has always held and holds now, Christ underwent His passion and death freely, because of the sins of men and out of infinite love, in order that all may reach salvation. It is, therefore, the burden of the Church's preaching to proclaim the cross of Christ as the sign of God's all-embracing love and as the fountain from which every grace flows.

footnotes:
6. Cf. Gal. 3:7
7. Cf. Rom. 11:17-24
8. Cf. Eph. 2:14-16
9. Cf. Lk. 19:44
10. Cf. Rom. 11:28
11. Cf. Rom. 11:28-29; cf. dogmatic Constitution, Lumen Gentium (Light of nations) AAS, 57 (1965) pag. 20

NOSTRA AETATE
DECLARATION ON THE RELATION OF THE CHURCH TO NON-CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS

pope-embracing-jews-and-muslims.jpg

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With this we respectfully disagree, the scriptures make it clear that it is to be only a remnant (the wheat class), which is to be harvested into the Lord’s barn (the “holy” or spirit begotten conditions), the rest, the majority of professing Christians (nominal Christians, “tares” whose numbers far outnumber that of the wheat) are rejected and securely bound to their respective bundles (denominations, sects and etc.) to await the fire of the great day.

I appreciate being able to close it like this. Not all are willing to do so, and I believe firmly in being able to disagree peaceably. We do have several differences in how we see things, but much of present nominal Christianity will be reduced to a remnant. Yet I believe it is upon the remnant that the Power of God is going to be poured out in greater measure than ever in history, and they will go forth to do the works of Jesus Christ to shake the world for the Living God once more, and this is when the true harvest as described by our Lord is going to take place.

But good discussion, and thanks for sharing in a Spirit of peace. Much appreciated.
Hidden

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What SDA doctrines will send them all to hell?
I know several personally and they are filled with the Spirit of God, more so then most other Christians I know.
Hi Rollow,

Which one of their doctrines teach the opposite of scripture???

Curious Mary

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rollo Tamasi said:
I know several personally and they are filled with the Spirit of God, more so then most other Christians I know.

Rollo, doctrines don't send people to hell, God doesn't send people to hell, people send themselves.
You can tell who has the spirit of God? How? By looking?
Soon they will start brain-washing techniques. When they get you to deny the eternal pre-existence of Christ, or convince you that Sunday worshipers have the mark of the beast, or that Michael the Archangel is the God-half of Jesus, or that the Catholic Church is the whore of Babylon, it will be too late. You will no longer be able to think for yourself.
You will have lots of friends though. And by some strange chance you do something wrong and get fellowshiped
you won't have any friends. They would be forbidden to speak to you.
There is nothing wrong with befriending members of any group. Just use your common sense.
.7acts of mercy.png

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rollo Tamasi said:

Rollo, doctrines don't send people to hell, God doesn't send people to hell, people send themselves.
You can tell who has the spirit of God? How? By looking?
Soon they will start brain-washing techniques. When they get you to deny the eternal pre-existence of Christ, or convince you that Sunday worshipers have the mark of the beast, or that Michael the Archangel is the God-half of Jesus, or that the Catholic Church is the whore of Babylon, it will be too late. You will no longer be able to think for yourself.
You will have lots of friends though. And by some strange chance you do something wrong and get fellowshiped
you won't have any friends. They would be forbidden to speak to you.
There is nothing wrong with befriending members of any group. Just use your common sense.
Hi,

Soooo do ANY of their doctrines teach the opposite of scripture???

Curious Mary

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The official SDA position is:

Sunday Worship = Taking the Mark of the Beast
  1. "Here we find the mark of the beast. The very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, on the part of the Catholic church, without any authority from the Bible." (Ellen G. White, The Mark of the Beast, page 23)
Seventh-day Adventist's teach that Sunday worshippers ARE THE Mark Of The Beast.

And according to Scripture all who take that Mark are damned for eternity.

But according to Scripture, the first day of the week is "the Lord's Day" -- the day for Christian worship, and also the Christian Sabbath.
Seventh-day Adventists do teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. - Bible Truth Versus Adventist Truth - Mark of the Beast

I almost fell out of my chair when I first learned about that ludicrous teaching! o_O

Reactions: Enoch111

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me why you find it ludicrous mailmandan?
You really need to ask that question? o_O

As pointed out in the article from the link I posted in post #115:

The New Testament never describes the Sabbath as the one great issue that will divide the true believers from the false believers. If the Sabbath was indeed such a profound issue, such a "life-or-death" matter of eternal consequence, then why did Jesus and the Apostles say nothing of its importance?

Paul told Christians not to judge eachother regarding the keeping of the Sabbath (Col. 2:16) or any other day they decide to keep holy:

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. (Rom. 14:5 NIV)

In the book of Romans, Paul encouraged Christians to uphold the law (Rom. 3:31), but he did not over-emphasize the importance of the Sabbath. Why not? Was it because God wanted us to figure out the most profound issue in Christianity on our own, without any help or guidance from His Word? Or was it because the writers of the Bible were uninspired and had no idea this would become an issue at the end of time? Of course not!

It is absurd to think that such a critical decision--a decision upon which hinges the eternal destination of the Christian believer--would be met with silence by Paul and other New Testament authors. Every student knows that when a teacher has an important point to make to his students, he reiterates that point over and over again. Jesus and the Apostles were the greatest teachers this world has ever seen. The points they repeatedly emphasized were:
  • Love
  • Grace
  • Forgiveness
  • Mercy
  • Doing good to others
  • Faith
  • Salvation
  • Return of Christ
  • Dangers of legalism
These subjects are repeated over and over again in the New Testament. What about the necessity of keeping Sabbath as a holy day? Oddly enough, it is never mentioned in the New Testament, not even once. And yet are we to believe this is the single-most important issue that is supposed to decide the fate of humanity?

Bible Truth Versus Adventist Truth - Mark of the Beast

Reactions: Josho

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These subjects are repeated over and over again in the New Testament. What about the necessity of keeping Sabbath as a holy day? Oddly enough, it is never mentioned in the New Testament, not even once. And yet are we to believe this is the single-most important issue that is supposed to decide the fate of humanity?
God's Commandments stand mailmandan. They are a given; they not need to be repeated in every discourse. Gods Commandments are the foundation of his Government and the Ten are a transcription of his character. Do you understand what that means?

It was God's Commandments that were challenged by Lucifer in heaven; it was also the issue that Eve failed on; it will again be the issue that will test the whole world shortly before Jesus returns which is just around the corner and it will be the 7th day Sabbath that will become the line in the sand which will determine allegiance to God or allegiance to man and the power behind him that controls the children of disobedience.

It will be the deciding factor because it is the element in the Commandments which embodies the Seal of God and so being it is the visible proactive factor. Do you know what I am saying here? I suspect you don't therefore you need to make enquiry re the matter not poohhoo it.

With assurance, it is anything but ludicrous no different to Noahs warning that the world that then existed was about to perish in a deluge of water.

It is clear to me you do not see that we are on the cusp of these things as Religious dignitaries and Political parties are manoeuvring behind the scenes in your Country as we speak to put laws in place to this end.
When these laws become public and you see them in the close future then this short exchange will be remembered.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Commandments stand mailmandan. They are a given; they not need to be repeated in every discourse. Gods Commandments are the foundation of his Government and the Ten are a transcription of his character. Do you understand what that means?

It was God's Commandments that were challenged by Lucifer in heaven; it was also the issue that Eve failed on; it will again be the issue that will test the whole world shortly before Jesus returns which is just around the corner and it will be the 7th day Sabbath that will become the line in the sand which will determine allegiance to God or allegiance to man and the power behind him that controls the children of disobedience.

It will be the deciding factor because it is the element in the Commandments which embodies the Seal of God and so being it is the visible proactive factor. Do you know what I am saying here? I suspect you don't therefore you need to make enquiry re the matter not poohhoo it.

With assurance, it is anything but ludicrous no different to Noahs warning that the world that then existed was about to perish in a deluge of water.

It is clear to me you do not see that we are on the cusp of these things as Religious dignitaries and Political parties are manoeuvring behind the scenes in your Country as we speak to put laws in place to this end.
When these laws become public and you see them in the close future then this short exchange will be remembered.
So you are a Seventh Day Adventist? Just noticed the quote at the bottom of your post by EGW. :(