Seasons of dormancy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Often in past years, as December turned into January, I found myself slipping into a spiritual decline and felt myself to be getting further and further away from God. The more I prayed about it the worse it seemed to get until one year as I prayed in desperation God spoke into my spirit – ‘Just be and let me’. Now those five little words have stayed in my mind and my heart ever since and I have learned not to worry about my spiritual ‘downs’ in the way I once did.

This last couple of days I have been thinking about those times and seen them as seasons of dormancy – just like the winter trees; resting but not dead; being prepared for the new growth to come. I hope that is what will happen to me as I rest, seemingly dormant but still connected to the vine. I wait for the spring, for the rising of the sap and the eventual bringing forth of fruit in season.

See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me.” Song of Songs 2:11-13

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Often in past years, as December turned into January, I found myself slipping into a spiritual decline and felt myself to be getting further and further away from God. The more I prayed about it the worse it seemed to get until one year as I prayed in desperation God spoke into my spirit – ‘Just be and let me’. Now those five little words have stayed in my mind and my heart ever since and I have learned not to worry about my spiritual ‘downs’ in the way I once did.

This last couple of days I have been thinking about those times and seen them as seasons of dormancy – just like the winter trees; resting but not dead; being prepared for the new growth to come. I hope that is what will happen to me as I rest, seemingly dormant but still connected to the vine. I wait for the spring, for the rising of the sap and the eventual bringing forth of fruit in season.

See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me.” Song of Songs 2:11-13
How true...there is a season for everything even those times of dormancy.
Love the poem!