Secular vs Spiritual Counceling 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying we don't need counceling at times, I personally have sat and got things off my chest and what a relief that is. Just may be why Catholicism with their confessionals is so popular because they get to confess all their problems and sins to someone. Their is a relief in that, some of those that cannot bring themselves to that will never experience the weight lifted from them. But what must be interjected here is good secular vs good spiritual counceling; secular will need to bring up your pass to have something to deal with. In good spiritual counceling, you learn Christ in you. Christ in you learned (Paul said you haven't learned Christ), you begin to understand Christ is able to shallow up all you ever once were.

I know that is bad way to say it, but Christ learned is the answer to every problem you can think to have.
I was once told that the only problem the believer will ever have in life is NOT knowing Christ in them by revelation. When I came to understand Christ was in me those words came back to me like a roaring locomotive. They sounded through my mind in a powerful way and I stood and said "he was right, no man can teach you Christ, you must know him by revelation."

I can tell you about Christ in you, I can tell you you need a revelation, I can tell you that is the only problem a believer will ever have in life. But until it is made known to you by the Holyspirit you will not know by revelation. You can know by talking about it, you can know by reading your Bible, you can know by a number of ways but until the Holyspirit reveals Christ in you you will not know him as Paul writes about Christ in you the hope of glory. Paul gives us "in Christ" over 150 times alone. You can witness it, you can make heaven your home but as far as knowing Christ in you as your only life you will not know until the Holyspirit reveals it. That is what he does, that is what he is waiting to do for belivers. It is written all through the epistles the believer needs a revelation of the indwelling Christ.

That will be your best counseling you ever receive, it's like being born again, again, revelation of Christ in you is God's answer for life. "He that has the son has life, because life is in the son." We have no other life, if a good Christian councelor can get you to see Christ as life by using the written word even the it takes a while for the mind to catch up with the facts. That is what the scriptures are for, they bring the life in us to the forefront. If your councelor cannot see life in Christ move on, because they cannot help take you where you need to go. They may help you to get going but they can only take you so far. Another word on counceling is; you have to watch those that just linger out session after session, after all that is their lively hood. Many great men and women to help humanity in their great need. Bless all who trust the father to take care of them in their need.

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. - Isaiah 9:6-7

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was once told that the only problem the believer will ever have in life is NOT knowing Christ in them by revelation. When I came to understand Christ was in me those words came back to me like a roaring locomotive. They sounded through my mind in a powerful way and I stood and said "he was right, no man can teach you Christ, you must know him by revelation."
Yes, even Simon barjona once knew Jesus after the flesh, but it was after knowing Jesus after the spirit that he (and all the called ones, chosen and set apart, born again by the will of the Father from heaven) and the others were able to live abiding in Jesus continually, to serve the Father and to honor Him in all ways, all the days of their lives.... "in spirit and in truth".

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a counselor. Everyone needs counseling from time to time; from our spouse, or a friend, or a pastor - seeking counseling is just a good idea. Of course, we need to seek God's counsel, but, as many of us know, God sometimes speaks to us through other people.
In regards to professional counseling: for instance, there is an area of the brain (cingulate gyrus) where control over thoughts is managed. Some people are born with more connections in this area of the brain, others are born with fewer connections. Fewer connections makes it more difficult to stop ruminating over problems. A Psychologist can teach the client to strengthen and grow neurons in this area of the brain, enabling that person to reduce their worry about things. Of course, self-talk is part of this process, and reminding ourselves that we are safe (in God's arms) is part of reducing this worrying.

Reactions: Willie T

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is a lot of secularism in psychology. Why should I even trust a secular psychologist, when for example the Psalms are so rich, with every range of human emotion, the highs, the lows, the anguish, the joys, the Messianic content, the sure faith.

@soul man does have a very strong point.