• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you and welcome,

These will be hard sayings.

Human beings in general can do great and wonderful things. They can have plenty of money, they can have jobs, they can have friends, they can even do good to their neighbors, they can be leaders, they can be in congress, they can be great socializers and get along with just about anyone.

However, the reality is, that Human beings still have a heart, and while they can do good for the cause of a cause, and for the love of a neighbor, does that mean they are made right before God because of these things? Like the nation of Israel in the Lord Yeshuas time, who professed the name of Yahava, but their lips and hearts were far from him. It is so by the nature of humans.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,

Those who are of the faithful - even if it is just by looking at the universe and bowing the knee as there is someone greater than though - are those who seek after God, and those who are made right with God by faith in the death, burial and resurrection. There is no getting around Jesus who is the way, the truth and the life. He makes us free from the law of sin and death, and now you make a decision to walk by the spirit - asking God to help you by the spirit. Sin was condemned in the flesh of Jesus's body and taken care of for all the world.

That is to say, open welcoming hand of God - is extended. It takes faith though - otherwise its impossible to please him (Hebrews 11:6)

4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be [b]carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the [c]carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
If you take a moment to read this, you can see that people who have there mind here on this world by the flesh, are those who set their minds on the things of the flesh.

But those who live according to the spirit the things of the Spirit.

To be carnally minded is death (While people can do good things - there is still a carnal nature which is the soul that still needs renewed and have a spiritual birth as Jesus said - you must be born again), the carnal nature desires to fight (be it with the world, with other people, with themselves (not having everything that want, not having enough money, not having enough women, not having enough sex, not having enough drugs, nothing having whatever you can think of in the flesh that leads to death, my way, over Gods way) - of the (mind/will/emotion) which needs to be renewd by the spirit.

It says there in verse 8: So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [d]through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Paul writes to the saints in Rome saying - 9 but you are not of the flesh but in the spirit - IF INDEED THE SPIRIT OF GOD DWELLS IN YOU.

He goes on saying - If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ - that person is not Gods.

However If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin - (that means to be buried with Christ after dying to the old life and burying it), and raising with Christ ---- and the Spirit is life, you are moving away from the carnal nature you once had by the flesh and not eating off of the spiritual bread, and spiritual waters that Christ Jesus gives, and praying and asking God to help you. Because God's gives the holy spirit and pours it in the hearts of believers.

But if you are not a believer; are you of God, and are you of The Spirit? Or are you of the flesh yet to be born again in need a transformation?

So the question is, Are you of this World? Is this your home you focus on? Many people make this world there focus.

Because if this is your focus, that is all fine and good, but do you not realize you are going to leave this world and it is only temporary? Therefore one has to make a decision, you can choose to do what ever you want, one foot hoping for the kingdom to come after this life (which resides in your heart now), or making this world your kingdom instead.

Two Kinds of Wisdom​

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
Everyone will have problems and struggles with the flesh but there is a difference between a person whom has come to truth, and those who reject truth, or have yet to come to truth being born again as Jesus explained and he is always the way, the truth and the life.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is this world your home?
The planet is and always will be my home…but the system of government that operates upon it is what God will remove, cleansing the earth (a product of his holy spirit) and clearing the way for God’s Kingdom to “come“ and for his will to be “done on earth as it is in heaven”. (Daniel 2:44)

This earth was designed by the Creator to be the permanent home for humankind, specially created to supply all that humans and all other living things need to live in peace, harmony and prosperity. God did not ruin it….humans did. The angel who became satan, tempted the first humans into sin, separating them from their God so that he could become their god and ruler. It is he who wanted to rule the world, so God gave its rulership over to him to prove that his rulership would be inferior, and a devastating failure. (Luke 4:5-8)

It was never God’s intention to take any humans to heaven, because he already has a large family of spirit sons, specially created to live there. Humans were meant to live forever, right here on this amazing planet, where God put us in the first place.

So what I look forward to is what God promises in Revelation 21:2-4….

”I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

So the “former things” will be gone, and God’s first purpose for this earth can then go ahead without impediment….what God starts…he finishes. (Isa 55:11)

No rebel will ever be allowed to ruin the earth again. (Rev 11:18)

Reactions: TheHC

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The planet is and always will be my home…but the system of government that operates upon it is what God will remove, cleansing the earth (a product of his holy spirit) and clearing the way for God’s Kingdom to “come“ and for his will to be “done on earth as it is in heaven”. (Daniel 2:44)

This earth was designed by the Creator to be the permanent home for humankind, specially created to supply all that humans and all other living things need to live in peace, harmony and prosperity. God did not ruin it….humans did. The angel who became satan, tempted the first humans into sin, separating them from their God so that he could become their god and ruler. It is he who wanted to rule the world, so God gave its rulership over to him to prove that his rulership would be inferior, and a devastating failure. (Luke 4:5-8)

It was never God’s intention to take any humans to heaven, because he already has a large family of spirit sons, specially created to live there. Humans were meant to live forever, right here on this amazing planet, where God put us in the first place.

So what I look forward to is what God promises in Revelation 21:2-4….

”I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

So the “former things” will be gone, and God’s first purpose for this earth can then go ahead without impediment….what God starts…he finishes. (Isa 55:11)

No rebel will ever be allowed to ruin the earth again. (Rev 11:18)

Thank you for sharing your opinionated viewpoint in what you believe and hope for, though I see differently than you do, it's good that you believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

If this world is done and gotten rid of it would stop new people coming into the Kingdom of God, which Jesus said was not of this world.

John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If this world is done and gotten rid of it would stop new people coming into the Kingdom of God, which Jesus said was not of this world.
Since cleansing the world of wicked people and putting the devil and his henchmen in a prison for the duration of the Kingdom’s rule was foretold, think of all those whom Jesus will call from their graves to a new world of righteousness. (John 5:28-29) He will call the good and the bad from the same place and reward those who died faithful with everlasting life….but those who had died in ignorance will still be given an opportunity to get to know God under peaceful conditions….this is why Jesus is called “the Prince of Peace”….the rulership of his kingdom will bring peace to the earth and allow God’s will to be “done on earth as it is in heaven”.
John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
The Kingdom rules from heaven, and God has chosen his elect to rule with Christ….but it’s subjects are here on this earth where God put us in the first place…..here is where Jehovah designed mankind to live forever. “The tree of life“ guaranteed it, as long as they remained obedient. Would God allow a few disobedient rebels to destroy his first purpose? No way! (Isa 55:11) What God starts, he finishes….

Reactions: TheHC

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since cleansing the world of wicked people and putting the devil and his henchmen in a prison for the duration of the Kingdom’s rule was foretold, think of all those whom Jesus will call from their graves to a new world of righteousness. (John 5:28-29) He will call the good and the bad from the same place and reward those who died faithful with everlasting life….but those who had died in ignorance will still be given an opportunity to get to know God under peaceful conditions….this is why Jesus is called “the Prince of Peace”….the rulership of his kingdom will bring peace to the earth and allow God’s will to be “done on earth as it is in heaven”.

The Kingdom rules from heaven, and God has chosen his elect to rule with Christ….but it’s subjects are here on this earth where God put us in the first place…..here is where Jehovah designed mankind to live forever. “The tree of life“ guaranteed it, as long as they remained obedient. Would God allow a few disobedient rebels to destroy his first purpose? No way! (Isa 55:11) What God starts, he finishes….

I believe that Jesus is the one whom sits now with his Father on his throne, and the rainbow having peace with the world now today, is established spiritually. From my perspective Jesus Christ has had victory over all things, and because of God in Christ, the Lord Yeshua, was able to reconcile the world back with the Father in heaven. The people which were killed in Noahs day, and all those who had been in hell, were cast out and judged, with then hell and death being thrown in the lake of fire, with the devil, his angels, and the false prophet and the beast, which closed out the prior age, and that today, we do live in what is described in Revelation 21, 22, with the Garden of Eden being restored, which now all people are able to have access to the choice, of partaking in the tree of life, or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. And Yahava, the God of Israel, is now with the Lord Jesus Christ, who overcame all things, and God is now the one whom rules over all things now today, with no more seperation from God, except for those who decide to seperate themsevles from God. Faithless people, and faithful people will all be raised in spiritual bodies in the after life, some to condemnation, some to life. However, The Kingdom of Heavenly Jerusalem has 12 gates, that are open day and night, and never close so it leaves one to wonder if those faithless who are outside the city are able to come in, or can one go out to help them?

To me the Kingdom is Heavenly, and has nothing to do with this world. I believe that people can have a piece of heaven on earth by and through the holy spirit of God residing in them, and the Spirit of Christ also residing within a person heart, who seeks faithfully to love God and love others, and they are adopted into the kingdom, by having faith, and they are able to become sons and daughters of God as they continue to store their treasures in heaven, and not upon earth. When they receive their new spiritual body given by God.

Last edited: