Secure Eternal Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it comes right from the Bible, lol!

I have repeatedly said Ephesians 4:11-13 shows us there are those among us true believers who are called to and are gifted in various teaching and evangelistic offices! What we differ with you about is we don't believe the Catholic church represents those called and anointed people in any way shape or form. They've strayed too far from Biblical truth for them to be even remotely considered called and anointed of God.
Lol....we do differ....that is for sure.

I can point to an authority. You can't!! You just say they are among us but can't point to them. Your theory is: The authority is out there....it's just invisible

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief, mame, the apostle John plainly said believers have the anointing and have the ability to identify an anointed person. Why don't you believe him instead of your religious organization???? Start believing the true, original apostles, not these fakes that told you they are apostles.
You should find new men to teach you. CONTEXT of what John said is important.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is visible. You see it in the face of every born again believer. What does not exist at this time is an organization of true apostles. But the church itself, it is visible. You won't get this because you have your mind set on thinking the church is a religious organization of leaders, not the members of Christ's body.
That makes absolutely NO SENSE.....If you can explain to me how all the "anointed by God" Christians are THE CHURCH and how ALL of them are the "pillar and foundation of truth", even thought they all have different "truths" I will start following your men instead of mine.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as intermediator

Peter is not a mediator between man and God, nor is Mary.
Both were SINNERS, who had to be SAVED, forgiven of their sin.

The only Savior, died on the Cross for the sin of the world.
Peter, the cussing sinning fisherman, who denied Christ and had to be corrected in the FAITH by Paul, is not the 1st Pope or the 1st anything.
He was just one of the 12.
Nothing more, and nothing less.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is not a mediator between man and God, nor is Mary.
Both were SINNERS, who had to be SAVED, forgiven of their sin.

Peter had authority to forgive sin
Mary was sinless

The only Savior, died on the Cross for the sin of the world.
Peter, the cussing sinning fisherman, who denied Christ and had to be corrected in the FAITH by Paul, is not the 1st Pope or the 1st anything.
He was just one of the 12.
Nothing more, and nothing less.

the first the leader matt 10:2
Acts 1:15

don’t bear false witness
I did not say “Peter is mediator”
I said he is acting as intermediary

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Second off, can you explain to me how all 2 billion Christians currently living here on earth (not counting the billions that have already died) has the anointing to be THE teaching authority for all Christians if "every believer has the anointing"? Thats not logical.....

Third off, your theory does not cohere with the beliefs and practices of John himself. Your theory leads us to the conclusion that John does believe in a living teaching authority. In Matthew 28:19-20 John (along with the other Apostles) was told by Jesus to go and teach. Sooooo clearly there IS a teaching authority which goes against your theory.

Fourth off, at the council of Jerusalem (Acts 15) I’m willing to bet you that John doesn’t want to contradict the proceedings and conclusions of that council. That Council WAS the magisterium. They had teaching authority. Your theory is that the teaching authority ended at some point in Christian history. Where in Scripture does it say the teaching authority of The Church will end? (hint, it doesnt')

Fifth off, if we have no need that anyone should teach us then I guess we really don’t need to adhere to what John was teaching since he was a man. And the students of his (Igantus and Polycarp) didn't need to listen to him either.

Now I could go on and on and on to destroy this theory you were taught by your Protestant men but I will end it here....
You've destroyed nothing I've said.
You've clearly not understood what I've said, lol, because none of these points represent what I've been saying in this and other threads.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...no one knows who has the authority to teach the Truth that will set us free (John 8:32)?
I don't know, did someone say that?

That is a fascinating teaching......Where in the bible does it say that The Church will go invisible? That there will be no recognizable authority?
I don't know, you'll have to ask the person who said that.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...NO, You DIDN'T tell me where to find them.
I did tell you, but you either don't care to give me the respect to actually understand my posts, or you forgot. Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's the first one.

You named several different men (dead and alive) WHO TEACH DIFFERENT THINGS.......so how can they all be teaching THE TRUTH if they teach DIFFERENT TRUTHS........o_O
I told you. But your reading comprehension is really low. Really low. You're not giving me the dignity and the respect of actually understanding my argument. I can tell because you're not reading them back to me accurately. Apparently, you're only here to conduct a one-sided 'you are wrong and I am right' discussion, right? You probably don't recognize it in yourself, but you are the classic religious bigot. I know that sounds harsh, but look the definition of 'bigot' up and understand it according to it's pure definition, and see yourself in the mirror. We have them on this side of the fence too, and they are quite intolerable.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU "could see were actually called and anointed by God"????? God gave YOU the ability to see who HE anointed??????????

Fascinating......
I can, because I'm born again. Perhaps you can't because you aren't born again and have to rely on someone else to tell you they're anointed (gee, no way that could go wrong, lol).

"26I have written these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. 27And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught." 1 John 2:26-27

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...we just don't know WHO has that authority?
OMG, no offense, but you're being really hard headed, lol. Listen to what I've been saying ! The authority of various believers in the body exists to this very day!!!! Just not in a single, unified body of leaders as it was in the days of the apostles. Starting with the Catholics, the truth got suppressed and ruined and we've spent the last 500 years putting the pieces back together.
Ummmm.....I quoted EXACTLY what you wrote soooooo how is that being hard headed and not listening???? o_O
Because I've been telling you we CAN know WHO has that authority. And you act like you're not hearing me. And I think you're purposely doing that. And I know why you're doing that. I've noticed it's a very common and predictable response in online discussions when....well, never mind, you know why you're doing it.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, help me out here, what "authority" do these "various believers" have? Do they have authority over ME?
Very little beyond putting you out of the congregation, because they have been given authority to guide and pastor born again people.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can point to an authority. You can't!! You just say they are among us but can't point to them. Your theory is: The authority is out there....it's just invisible
No, I did not say they are invisible and can't be pointed out. You're obviously purposely misrepresenting what I said. And you're doing that in the vain attempt to discredit what I'm saying.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes absolutely NO SENSE.....If you can explain to me how all the "anointed by God" Christians are THE CHURCH and how ALL of them are the "pillar and foundation of truth", even thought they all have different "truths" I will start following your men instead of mine.
We have false teachers and leaders, and people who just don't belong in the ministry, just as your organization does. And that slows down and frustrates the process of rediscovering the truth that the Catholic church lost and fragmented and corrupted over the centuries. At present, pieces of this rediscovered truth reside in various gifted teachers and pastors and leaders in their various organizations, the sum total of which is available to all believers, if they would just humble themselves and seek it out in the anointing that God gave each of us to do that.

Reactions: Pearl

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you should read Scripture before commenting on it

no idea why you posted a big list of not-at-all-Acts-15 when i clearly said Peter appears to have no higher standing than James in Acts 15:13
((well, i do have some idea; i'm not a noob - but it doesn't reflect kindly on you))

please.
address my actual statement. address Acts 15.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have shown you more than enough from scripture. Including about the true bread of live which one will eat and not die, Not like the fathers, who ate weekly and still died.
The Fathers didn't eat the Body of Christ.
Cathollics DO, per the instructions of out Lord Himself (John 6:53-58, Matt. 26:26–28, Luke 22:19–20, Mark 14:22–24, 1 Cor. 11:23–25).
Again, I do not follow men, I follow God do I could care less what anyone said in the 16th century, so you continuing to push this is just a strawman, It has no bearing on anything I have said.
You absolutely follow men from the 16th century - and that's NOT a "strawman" argument.

Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, OSAS , your limited views on Baptism, rejection of the Eucharist - and even your edited Protestant OT Canon were all 16th century inventions that were never taught by the Church since the time of the Apostles.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Fathers didn't eat the Body of Christ.
Cathollics DO, per the instructions of out Lord Himself (John 6:53-58, Matt. 26:26–28, Luke 22:19–20, Mark 14:22–24, 1 Cor. 11:23–25).

You absolutely follow men from the 16th century - and that's NOT a "strawman" argument.

Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, OSAS , your limited views on Baptism, rejection of the Eucharist - and even your edited Protestant OT Canon were all 16th century inventions that were never taught by the Church since the time of the Apostles.
Nope

they do not. they eat some wafer, that is no different than manna, The eat it and eat it and eat it, yet they still die

I recommend you eat the true living bread from heaven in which one can eat and not die.

If you eat it and must eat it again, or you can still die. its not the true bread from heaven