Secure Eternal Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no idea why you posted a big list of not-at-all-Acts-15 when i clearly said Peter appears to have no higher standing than James in Acts 15:13
((well, i do have some idea; i'm not a noob - but it doesn't reflect kindly on you))

please.
address my actual statement. address Acts 15.
that “big list” shows Peters primacy over all the other apostles kiddo.

Read it again silly. I addressed acts 15 in the last paragraph. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I did not say they are invisible and can't be pointed out. You're obviously purposely misrepresenting what I said. And you're doing that in the vain attempt to discredit what I'm saying.
Then point them out or stop responding to me….

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read it again silly. I addressed acts 15 in the last paragraph. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
excuse me but peter was not over paul, Paul went out to the gentiles before Peter even knew it.

and peter was equal with james and john/

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very little beyond putting you out of the congregation, because they have been given authority to guide and pastor born again people.
Sooooo each congregation has people in it who have the authority to decide what the truth is???????????

Sooooo when my the authorative men of my congregation decides something that we must do to be saved and the men of your congregation decides you don’t have to do that same thing to be saved BOTH are right?????

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
excuse me but peter was not over paul, Paul went out to the gentiles before Peter even knew it.

Excuse me but as I showed in a previous post, Scripture disagrees with you….

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, did someone say that?
Yes, YOU did. Let’s cut to the chase here kiddo. Instead of making generic statements that the ones who have been anointed by God teach the Truth, PLEASE explain to me how we identify those people? Previously you gave a list of names of men that YOU thought met the criteria but as i previously pointed out they all taught DIFFERENT truths. So your list can’t be accurate if they all taught different things…..

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 1:15
Acts 15:7

peter stood up!

thus indicating his authority!

the pope never rules a counsel, but always send another to do so, such as James in acts 15 cos the council is not valid until he approved it and publishes the council’s decrees

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Only Peter and his successors have the keys (jurisdictional authority) from Christ to govern the church and administer the kingdom! Matt 16:18-19 Isa 22:21-22

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church on earth!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

My16:18-19

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

2 Tim 3: 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Matt 16:17-19
Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42

What authority does Christ have?

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed

The successors of Moses having kingdom authority of the keys and the power to bind and loose Mt 23 was taken from them Mt 21:43 and given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors: Mt 16:18 Mt 18:18 and Jesus says this power and authority is to be obeyed!

Rom 13:2
Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
(If it applies to civil authority, how much more to religious authority)

Mt 28:18-20
all authority is given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors requiring obedience, rom 1:5 obedience to the faith!
And Jesus say to Peter, the apostles, and their successors: behold I am with you even until the end of the world!!!
So the apostles have to remain until the end!

Lk 10:16 He who hears you hears me...
(The apostles and their successors)

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Without a central authority there can be no unity of the spirit, no obedience to the faith!
God - Christ - Peter - the apostles - the apostles successors - the people

Hierarchy is the nature of authority!

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority!

The angelic order!
The church order!
The family order!
The civil order!

All require obedience to hierarchical authority!

The church is not a democracy but a kingdom!

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You didn't address it, you just quoted it.
In fact what you quoted was James standing up and summarizing the debate for everyone, as though it is James who is 'running' the council meeting.

We can see James's preeminence over Peter again in Galatians 2, where Peter is literally afraid of ((v. 12)) representatives from James and falls into sin because of it, leading 'even Barnabas' astray ((v. 13)) - a phrase clearly indicating that Paul thought more highly of Barnabas's steadfastness that he did of Peter's.

You should not worship men, neither women, but hear what scripture says!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have false teachers and leaders, and people who just don't belong in the ministry, just as your organization does. And that slows down and frustrates the process of rediscovering the truth that the Catholic church lost and fragmented and corrupted over the centuries. At present, pieces of this rediscovered truth reside in various gifted teachers and pastors and leaders in their various organizations, the sum total of which is available to all believers, if they would just humble themselves and seek it out in the anointing that God gave each of us to do that.
That makes ZERO sense…….You really believe that Various gifted teachers, pastors and leaders in various organizations (all of whom teach different ‘truths’) are NOT the false teachers and leaders spoken of in Scripture. Even though all teach different things….NONE of them are false leaders?????o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Bizarre…..what man taught you that? that is NOT in Scripture.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't address it, you just quoted it.
In fact what you quoted was James standing up and summarizing the debate for everyone, as though it is James who is 'running' the council meeting.
James was running the council since they met at HIS church in Jerusleum AND I did address it kiddo. The bold parts are show how James deferred to Peters judgment. The multiple other passages from scripture that I provided shows Peter having primacy over all the other apostles and being chosen by Jesus to do that.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

scripture puts peter first
Matt 10:2

matt 16:17-19
Christ only changed Simon to Peter signifying his role as head of the church non earth And only Peter received the keys

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me but as I showed in a previous post, Scripture disagrees with you….
excuse me, But the post you mentioned did not prove a thing.

The facts are. Paul served the gentiles before peter even knew. If peter was the head and kingpin. God forget to tell him about paul

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James was running the council since they met at HIS church in Jerusleum AND I did address it kiddo. The bold parts are show how James deferred to Peters judgment. The multiple other passages from scripture that I provided shows Peter having primacy over all the other apostles and being chosen by Jesus to do that.

James does not defer to Peter's judgment.
Stop worshipping men and women and read the rest of the passage.
James points to scripture, not Peter, as the authority by which they should decide, and when they write the letter it says that 'it seemed good to the Spirit' not it seemed good to Peter.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christ only changed Simon to Peter signifying his role as head of the church non earth And only Peter received the keys
yawn

Peter is one of the foundation stones. Equal with the other 12 foundation stone.

Jesus is the chief cornerstone

The key7s to the kingdom is the gospel. it is how a person enters the kingdom is through the gospel.

They keys were given to everyone who can give the gospel.

Reactions: Pearl

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are charity, obedience, and patience part of salvation?
not by works of righteousness (such as being obedient, giving cherity, and being patient, being baptized in water) but by HIS MERCY HE SAVED US

why are you trying to save yourself my friend? WHy do you call yourself faith. when you preach works? You name contradicts your own belief system

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope

they do not. they eat some wafer, that is no different than manna, The eat it and eat it and eat it, yet they still die

I recommend you eat the true living bread from heaven in which one can eat and not die.

If you eat it and must eat it again, or you can still die. its not the true bread from heaven
This post proved BOTH of the points I made.

First - that YOU follow the teachings of mere men and NOT Scripture - in this case, the man-made doctrine of OSAS.
We ALL have it within us to die spiritually. This is why the Bible repeatedly warns us that unless we cooperate with God's saving grace - we WILL be lost (Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19)

Secondly, because you believed in the false, 16th century invention of OSAS - you fail to grasp that eating the Bread of Life - wharever YOU believethat to be - is NOT a guarantee for those who do NOT remain faithful to the end.

The Gospel nessage over and over is this:
We are saved in Christ IF we coopweate with that saving grace. Otherwise - Jesus was talking about YOU when He said:
Matt. 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONY the one who DOES THE WILL of my Father who is in heaven.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post proved BOTH of the points I made.

First - that YOU follow the teachings of mere men and NOT Scripture - in this case, the man-made doctrine of OSAS.
We ALL have it within us to die spiritually. This is why the Bible repeatedly warns us that unless we cooperate with God's saving grace - we WILL be lost (Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19)

Secondly, because you believed in the false, 16th century invention of OSAS - you fail to grasp that eating the Bread of Life - wharever YOU believethat to be - is NOT a guarantee for those who do NOT remain faithful to the end.

The Gospel nessage over and over is this:
We are saved in Christ IF we coopweate with that saving grace. Otherwise - Jesus was talking about YOU when He said:
Matt. 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONY the one who DOES THE WILL of my Father who is in heaven.
nah,,

Your following men

I just take Jesus at his word

When he said whoever eats this bread will never die. I believe him

You don't/ You mick him by taking it over and over and over week after week. and still are not assured you will never die'

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 10:2 puts Simon & Andrew on exactly the same level.
Matthew 4:18-22, Luke 5:1-11. "they"

you know the truth of Matthew 16:17-19 and you have no excuse: that "Rock" is Christ, 1 Corinthians 3:11, and it isn't even the same word as 'Peter' - it is belief and faith in the deity of Jesus Christ.

Scripture puts Christ first, not a man. Colossians 1:8.

do you know anything at all about the Simeon prophecy?
Luke 2:26?

why do you think God sometimes calls Peter 'Simon' and sometimes not?
coincidence? is God very good with language? is He intentional with His Word?

Simon/Simeon is a symbol of Israel. Matthew 23:39 / Luke 13:35

stop worshipping men and a woman. such spiritual harlotry produces in you a debased mind.
worship God, and Him only

Last edited: