Sensitivity, Respect, and Love Toward Others is Part and Parcel of the Christian Message

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Acts 16:30-31) " And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

(Matt. 16:16-17) " And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ the Son of the Living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Prolly the best possible response, from the Book. It isn't the Gospel, but it is a pointer to It anyway. It is when you accept the Laws that men make of that, that Christians demand from others, that the Gospel is effectively nullified imo.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
biotheist said:
You tell me first, then I'll tell stranger.
ha well it is like defining God, see, as the Book, "the Bible is the Word," it is the same thing to try to define the Gospel, any further than "Good News," which gets turned into "Good News! I have some more laws for you!" and "Good News! You aren't doing it right!"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
biotheist said:
Paul was WHAT! let me think about that.
the standard interpretation of "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord," which is turned into "Paul was waiting to die to go and be with Jesus." It isn't a puzzle. It is put as Paul was yearning for the day of his death to then go somewhere to be with the Lord, or dress that up however you like, but that is what the Tomorrow People will tell you. That they know, for a fact. This is the doctrine held by the people we send other people to for spiritual guidance now.