Sephora customer says Sol de Janeiro body butter attracts spiders as company shuts down claim

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they do live in the pacific northwest though. We have a real problem with them at Dad's house. Growing up I was always getting bit and could find them hiding under my bed or crawling up the wall at night.

The only problem I encountered in Southern California was the black widow spider. Found one outside next to our apartment one time. But I don't think they hunt human blood like the wood spiders. You're safe!

I used to see some Black Widows on the patio in back of the apartment building.

Also, there were some big, black beetles in the vines on the back fence.

Years ago when we had a conscientious manager, he went out there and sprayed the area like crazy!
I happened to walk that way and nearly got fumigated!

Reactions: dev553344

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Wolf spiders can get quite large and like all spiders I have ever seen scatter away from movement around them.

I would presume sleeping near the ground (of a spiders habitat) or a spider entering a house (scampering about), might come in contact with a human or pet and bite them, leaving behind a temporary annoying itchy bump.

I highly doubt spiders are camping out under the bed covers waiting for a human to crawl into bed, fall asleep, and dig in for a feast.

Bug bombs, not good idea to use around any gas flames or hot electrical currents….”they are flammable chemicals in a pressurized container”!

Reactions: Debp

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiders, ants, beetles, mice can enter homes through the slightest crack, from the ground level and over hanging trees and bushes and any wires, cords, hoses connected to the home.

Wind storms blowing off a few shingles, loosening a eves gutter makes way for rot and a handy place for larger pests, such as rats, squirrels and bees and wasps to set up their dens and hives.

Constant inspection and maintenance for sure.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bug bombs, not good idea to use around any gas flames or hot electrical currents….”they are flammable chemicals in a pressurized container”!
I've heard of an entire home being demolished by bug bombs. But I found this video...she only saw one bug, btw!
@Taken Did you see my above video? One bug....she blew up the apartment!

• Wow
Reactions: Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Wolf spiders can get quite large and like all spiders I have ever seen scatter away from movement around them.

I would presume sleeping near the ground (of a spiders habitat) or a spider entering a house (scampering about), might come in contact with a human or pet and bite them, leaving behind a temporary annoying itchy bump.

I highly doubt spiders are camping out under the bed covers waiting for a human to crawl into bed, fall asleep, and dig in for a feast.

You people live in a sheltered world if you've never observed the types of spiders that feed off of human blood.

• Haha

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Did you see my above video? One bug....she blew up the apartment!

:rolleyes: LOL…We keep flyswatters handy to whack a random fly or spider.
Saw the video. :rolleyes:
We don’t use bombs, and especially would not for a single spider…how ridiculous.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You people live in a sheltered world if you've never observed the types of spiders that feed off of human blood.

Actually we have woods around us, and keep debris, away from the buildings, and use preventive measures for pests.

What types of spiders seek and feed off blood?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually we have woods around us, and keep debris, away from the buildings, and use preventive measures for pests.

What types of spiders seek and feed off blood?
You should visit the reservation out where I grew up. Pacific Northwest. Can't keep them out of the house. They're a menace. My niece has them squished all over her walls trying not to get fed on.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should visit the reservation out where I grew up. Pacific Northwest. Can't keep them out of the house. They're a menace. My niece has them squished all over her walls trying not to get fed on.
Dev, you mentioned the reservation a few times in this thread. So you are a Native American? If so, may I ask which tribe? If you prefer not to answer, that is ok.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Pacific Northwest has nearly 30 Indian reservations, all somewhat experiencing the same climate and effects of the Ocean dampness. Any where the land and weather is conducive for plenty of insects, will be plenty of spiders. If a home owner can not keep a handle on an invasion of pests entering the home, I would suggest time to call a professional who can identify the pest and properly and safely eradicate and thereafter maintain the home for prevention.

No doubt time, effort and costs of prevention and maintenance is a yucky part of ownership for everyone.
Not removing the dead, insects, spiders, ect might also be a food source for more insects and spiders to feast on??