September 22nd, 2017 End of the World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will return when we least expect it.
actually, Scripture warns that Jesus will return like a thief in the night, but also says that His disciples are not of the night to be caught unawares. No one knows the day or hour of Christ's return, but we are commanded to be watching for the times and the seasons so that we are not lulled to sleep. I'm currently reading the psalms in my morning devotionals and book 2 has a lot of imprecatory psalms by King David. Most of these speak to the final judgment and appearing of God in glory (the return of Jesus Christ.) These are worth reading and meditating upon to understand the fate of the wicked and the apostate (those who turn away in disbelief) and to understand what God does with His creation during the judgment upon all flesh.

Last edited:
Reactions: tabletalk

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If we were born again, then this would be so.
i agree, and at the same time find that i can only apply this to myself, as tempting as it might be to believe that i can discern...or rather at least define who is "born again" and who is not.

So yes, if they were born again, then that applies for them

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i agree, and at the same time find that i can only apply this to myself, as tempting as it might be to believe that i can discern...or rather at least define who is "born again" and who is not.

So yes, if they were born again, then that applies for them
Amen! Sometimes God may show us what is happening or has happened to someone else, but very often He does not. We cannot always believe what another person says even though the person seems to be sincere.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings,

I'm brand new here and I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that Jesus Christ will return this Feast of Trumpets.

I have studied Bible Prophecy for decades, mostly by typing out the verses, and even though the events have not happened the way Bible experts insist they must, every prophecy has been fulfilled except Jerusalem being taken. And perhaps the Sun and the Moon.

But I can't imagine in my wildest imagination that this is all true and out of all the people on Earth I am the only person to notice all of this.

Not sure if one can place this Rosh Hashanah coming up in September as being the one of the removal of the righteous, but I have generally held for quite some time that God has been a real stickler for fulfilling feast days right down to the day, and in order of their presentation in Leviticus 23, and Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets) is the next one on the hit parade.

it does seem to fit. Rosh Hashanah is called the "day that no man knows". That is because it is the only feast that falls on the first of a month without being relative to a previous feast day, so when it starts can only be determined when the new moon (beginning of the month) has been certified by two or more witnesses. It includes a initial trumpet blast or Yom Teruah that is the awakening blast that has its roots in resurrection of the dead doctrine.

Yeshua said that no man can know the day or the hour, and that would apply to Rosh Hashanah. No one can know when it officially starts, and being a two day Moed, one would not be able to know the day or the hour.

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15:52 that our gathering to Messiah would be at the last trump and twinkling of an eye. The Last trump of Rosh Hashanah is blown when the twinkling of an eye, or last sliver of the sun before totally setting, happens on the 2nd day of the feast. Again, even if the feast was going on, no one would know the hour of that last trump till it happened. Just in that context, and being that Paul was a major student of one of the most venerated Jewish theology schools, Gamliel, it seems more than a realistic idea that Paul was referencing a future Rosh Hashanah.

I know, I know... some will say that the last trump referenced by Paul is the 7th trumpet of Revelation. Not possible. God revealed that information to Yeshua later (Revelation 1:1), who gave it to John to disseminate among the believers, and John did not write the Revelation till roughly 90AD. So Paul was out of the loop, since Paul had died previous to John getting this information and forwarding it to us. It is quite a stretch that God would have revealed it to Paul before He revealed it to His own Son.

Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets) is laced with all sorts of allusion to resurrection, removal of the righteous, union of the bride to the Messiah, etc in Jewish eschatology. And Messiah fulfilled Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, and Shavuot (Pentacost) at His first coming. It is more than realistic that the end times events will be centered around the fall feasts that have yet to be fulfilled. Leviticus 23 outlines that the feasts are Moed (appointed times) and Miqra (rehearsals). Since Yeshua said the scripture testifies of Him, John 5:39, it is reasonable to hold that the feasts are appointments with fulfillment by Yeshua.

And we are to know the times and seasons. Even Yeshua held those accountable at His first coming to know the time of His arrival and revealing (Luke 19:44).

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings,

I'm brand new here and I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that Jesus Christ will return this Feast of Trumpets.

I have studied Bible Prophecy for decades, mostly by typing out the verses, and even though the events have not happened the way Bible experts insist they must, every prophecy has been fulfilled except Jerusalem being taken. And perhaps the Sun and the Moon.

But I can't imagine in my wildest imagination that this is all true and out of all the people on Earth I am the only person to notice all of this.

I wonder how many threads this site has gotten from people inquiring about the E.T.A of Jesus Christs return. How this doesn't get mad freaking annoying is beyond me. You seem to have a very short memory if you think the world ends on September 22nd. Did you not know, have you not heard from the endless stream of clowns on social media sites like YouTube, that the world was supposed to end on and around the exact same day last year, and the year before that, and the one before that ad infinitum? Nothing ever happens, and now its the same song and dance this year, and will be next year and the years to come. You should re-evaluate what you believe about prophecy and how you came to that belief, and discard the so called "Bible experts", the only real "expert" on the matter, according to scripture is the holy spirit that gives interpretation.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how many threads this site has gotten from people inquiring about the E.T.A of Jesus Christs return. How this doesn't get mad freaking annoying is beyond me. You seem to have a very short memory if you think the world ends on September 22nd. Did you not know, have you not heard from the endless stream of clowns on social media sites like YouTube, that the world was supposed to end on and around the exact same day last year, and the year before that, and the one before that ad infinitum? Nothing ever happens, and now its the same song and dance this year, and will be next year and the years to come. You should re-evaluate what you believe about prophecy and how you came to that belief, and discard the so called "Bible experts", the only real "expert" on the matter, according to scripture is the holy spirit that gives interpretation.

I would have no clue. Why you would get freaking mad over this thread, especially following my post where I never mentioned an ETA of Yeshua. I only mentioned that the feasts have a pattern of being related to what Yeshua has done and will do. Based on the events during Yeshua's first coming, many probably had heard from a endless stream of clowns about the time. Even with that, Yeshua held those around Him accountable for knowing the time of His visitation.

Beware that you don't go to extremes in your dismissal of these things and fit into......

2 Peter 3:3-4 (NKJV) knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have no clue. Why you would get freaking mad over this thread, especially following my post where I never mentioned an ETA of Yeshua. I only mentioned that the feasts have a pattern of being related to what Yeshua has done and will do. Based on the events during Yeshua's first coming, many probably had heard from a endless stream of clowns about the time. Even with that, Yeshua held those around Him accountable for knowing the time of His visitation.

Beware that you don't go to extremes in your dismissal of these things and fit into......

2 Peter 3:3-4 (NKJV) knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Ok, so when the dates role around, and all things continue as they were, are you going to re-evaluate how you interpret prophecy, or are we going to hear this same song and dance next year? Its why I don't take it seriously whatsoever. In your previous post, you claim that it wasn't possible for Paul to know of the 7th trumpet because it wasn't revealed to the Lord until much later. That's a whole lot of assuming on your part, as if you know the full details of what was revealed to Jesus and when it was revealed. You must have an inside scoop, some confidential source directly from heaven we don't know about. Paul's prophecy of the last trumpet lining up perfectly with John's is one hell of a coincidence.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I am already looking forward to the next end of the world.......I hope Sept 22 gets here quickly so we can pick the next date!

Reactions: Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I am already looking forward to the next end of the world.......I hope Sept 22 gets here quickly so we can pick the next date!

Ha!! maybe we should all pick a date just for fun......we really should, because people take themselves too seriously on this matter, and I am so hot damn sick of it.

Reactions: aspen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wouldn't surprise me if the devil picks one of these dates to make his entrance.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wouldn't surprise me if the devil picks one of these dates to make his entrance.

The devil roams to and from the earth as is. He doesn't have to make an entrance, because he made his entrance a long time ago. That's why the world is in the toilet, getting worse by the day.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so when the dates role around, and all things continue as they were, are you going to re-evaluate how you interpret prophecy, or are we going to hear this same song and dance next year? Its why I don't take it seriously whatsoever. In your previous post, you claim that it wasn't possible for Paul to know of the 7th trumpet because it wasn't revealed to the Lord until much later. That's a whole lot of assuming on your part, as if you know the full details of what was revealed to Jesus and when it was revealed. You must have an inside scoop, some confidential source directly from heaven we don't know about. Paul's prophecy of the last trumpet lining up perfectly with John's is one hell of a coincidence.

Song and dance? Just because I hold that the fall feasts are the next to be fulfilled? I guess, then, yes! You will hear it again. I have no clue which year. I guess those at the time of Yeshua were just doing a song and dance until His arrival and fulfillment of 4 of those feast days. And there is a crown of righteousness for those who are anticipating His appearing. Also a crown of Joy. That implies that those, like me, who eagerly wait for His return will be rewarded for doing so. So yep.... just a song and dance man and make no apologies for being such!

It is no assuming on my part about Paul not knowing about those trumpets. Revelation made it very clear right out of the gate.

Revelation 1:1 (NKJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,

The revelation was given by The Father to Yeshua, Yeshua gave it to John (not Paul, not Peter, etc) and John gave it to us. And John gave it to us in around 90 AD and Paul was killed around 60 AD. So it is not assuming anything. Just simple, basic reading comprehension. It is not my fault that the some folks didn't get a good education in school on how to read. It is far more wild assumption on the part of some that Paul knew about those trumpets in Revelation. That would require that God held Paul in higher esteem than His own Son, that He gave an inside scoop to Paul. Go down that path if you want, but I wouldn't feel comfortable impugning God or His Son in that way.

One might be able to argue that Paul knew of the trumpets, if they had been mentioned in the OT, the only scripture Paul had. But I sure haven't found them mentioned, in this context, in the OT. Some of the events, sure, those are mentioned in the OT, but the trumpets associated with them... no references.

Does this have any meaning to you? I mostly held that this verse applied to the secular world, but it seems to apply, more and more, to those in the church.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Song and dance? Just because I hold that the fall feasts are the next to be fulfilled? I guess, then, yes! You will hear it again. I have no clue which year. I guess those at the time of Yeshua were just doing a song and dance until His arrival and fulfillment of 4 of those feast days. And there is a crown of righteousness for those who are anticipating His appearing. Also a crown of Joy. That implies that those, like me, who eagerly wait for His return will be rewarded for doing so. So yep.... just a song and dance man and make no apologies for being such!

It is no assuming on my part about Paul not knowing about those trumpets. Revelation made it very clear right out of the gate.

Revelation 1:1 (NKJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,

The revelation was given by The Father to Yeshua, Yeshua gave it to John (not Paul, not Peter, etc) and John gave it to us. And John gave it to us in around 90 AD and Paul was killed around 60 AD. So it is not assuming anything. Just simple, basic reading comprehension. It is not my fault that the some folks didn't get a good education in school on how to read. It is far more wild assumption on the part of some that Paul knew about those trumpets in Revelation. That would require that God held Paul in higher esteem than His own Son, that He gave an inside scoop to Paul. Go down that path if you want, but I wouldn't feel comfortable impugning God or His Son in that way.

One might be able to argue that Paul knew of the trumpets, if they had been mentioned in the OT, the only scripture Paul had. But I sure haven't found them mentioned, in this context, in the OT. Some of the events, sure, those are mentioned in the OT, but the trumpets associated with them... no references.

Does this have any meaning to you? I mostly held that this verse applied to the secular world, but it seems to apply, more and more, to those in the church.

(Revelation 1:1) "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"

And nothing in the book says anything about WHEN and WHERE Jesus Christ actually received the prophecy, just that its a prophecy Jesus received and is giving to John. Time always tells the truth. I'm really not that interested in debating prophecies that have proven themselves wrong every single year. So once again, are you going to discard everything you believe about prophecy and start over like someone with some honesty, or are we going to hear the same crap all over again? I'm not looking forward to something that I know won't be happening for a very long time.

yikes, leave the world and you'll be fine imo. You live in a miracle right now, have all the good things in life, and are complaining about it?

There are some animals that fart and poop out of their mouths, and that's the way God made them. I consider that a miracle, take of that what you will.