September 22nd, 2017 End of the World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
so I wouldn't use the term "miracle" so loosely.
ok, well i would not be talking about the world going to hell as though you are so invested in it as to care, was kind of my point. Also, it apparently is not wise to be saying that yesterday was better than today as you are doing i guess

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And nothing in the book says anything about WHEN and WHERE Jesus Christ actually received the prophecy, just that its a prophecy Jesus received and is giving to John. Time always tells the truth. I'm really not that interested in debating prophecies that have proven themselves wrong every single year. So once again, are you going to discard everything you believe about prophecy and start over like someone with some honesty, or are we going to hear the same crap all over again? I'm not looking forward to something that I know won't be happening for a very long time.

True enough about when and where, but the verse did say that Yeshua gave it to John to disseminate out to us. It does not imply that He gave it to anyone else. Any idea that Paul got this info also is pure speculation with no objective data to back it up. And we know that John gave this information to us at around 90 AD. Again, Paul died around 60 AD in the Neronian persecution, at least that is generally thought. But we do know that he wrote to the Thessalonians before he died. That would be the general consensus also. So while the passage in Revelation 1:1 doesn't break things down to days, hours, minutes, microseconds, it does give us enough objective data regarding timing and supports an assertion that Paul was not privy to this info.

There is no reason to discard anything on my part. I have never said that anything is to be fulfilled this year. You are reading more into my comments than I ever alluded to. I have postulated the assertion that the Feast of Trumpets / Rosh Hashanah is the prime candidate for the next big event. It matches more closely to what Yeshua and Paul said. Aspects of the feast are in perfect alignment with the words both had to say. That feast, like all the others, occurs every year. And since God has thus far been a stickler for accomplishing things on feast days, it is logical to think that He will follow that pattern. I never said what year it would happen. You really need to read what is actually written instead of reading your own perceptions or biases into it.

And sure, if it doesn't happen this year, then I will look forward to next year. Just like I have for the last 30 years. My faith in Yeshua hasn't wavered a bit, but actually grown. I know in whom I have placed my trust. But you are correct, time will reveal the actual events and timing. I promise, if what I have stated about these events applying to a future feast day is correct, I won't gloat over it. I won't have time. I will be too busy celebrating being with the Messiah, and we can laugh about it all because probably all of us got some part of these events wrong.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that there has been a lot of crying wolf over especially the last several decades. Stuff like "88 Reason Jesus Must Return in 1988" nonsense. And those that do convoluted calculations on their calculators and end up with Harold Camping style dates and such.

But let's look at several confirmed realities, many which have been exposed by different people not closely associated with each other.

Mark Biltz comes at this from one direction. His primary focus was on the blood moon tetrad that occurred. 4 blood moons, one on each Passover and Feast of Tabernacles, for two consecutive years, 2014 and 2015. That right there is an eye catcher, even if a repeatable occurrence over many centuries.

Combine that with the Bethlehem Star event of 2015 also. Can't recall who first postulated this one. Where Jupiter and Venus, the two brightest planets, were side by side and seemed as the brightest star around. Again, repeatable over the centuries, but timing makes it an eye catcher also. The wise men in the gospel claimed they had seen the star 2 years before coming to Bethlehem. Well, it has been 2 years since the 2015 occurrence.

Then you combine that Yeshua said when these things start to happen, "this" generation would not pass till all be fulfilled. Matthew 24:34. The dispute has centered around, how long is a generation? 50 years? 70 Years? 100 Years? But also in Matthew 24:37 Yeshua said that as it was in the days of Noah, so it would be at the end.

Well, in Genesis 6, God was so ticked off at mankind He gave them 120 years. That's a good starting point.

In 1897, the first Zionist Congress was held in Basel, Switzerland to work on establishing a home for the Jewish people. That was 120 years ago this year. In 1917, 100 years ago, the Balfour declaration was made regarding allowing the Jews to return to the ancient land of Israel to live. In 1947, 70 years ago, UN 181 was decreed that the partitioned off what is now Israel for the Jews. The country was formally established the following year. In 1967 50 years ago, Israel recaptured all of Jerusalem, making this year a Jubilee year in 2017. All of those pretty much cover the generation length no matter how one looks at it.

Grant Jeffery was the one who found the Ezekiel 430 years minus the 70 in Babylon and combined with the warning in Leviticus 26, calculated the 1948 restoration of the nation of Israel.

Then one takes the solar eclipse that covered the U.S. This happened just before the start of the Days of Repentance (Elul 1 on the Jewish calendar) which is a 40 day call of return to God before the Day of Atonement / Yom Kippur. Interesting, that the folks who are running these astro space programs looking at celestial occurrences also determined that the day that Jonah issued the warning to Ninevah to repent, happened on Elul 1 of the calendar also, and that there had been closely tied full solar eclipse over Ninevah like the one in the U.S. recently.

Then we add on the Revelation 12 sign coming up at the end of Rosh Hashanah this year. Some have tried to debunk it, but they usually are a little disingenuous with what they are doing and conveniently leave out specifics, like how Jupiter stays around the "womb" of Libra for a full 9 months by doing a retrograde operation, simulating full human gestation, and then exits between the woman's legs. That combined with the line up convergence of the 12 stars in the crown, sun clothing the woman (this event officially happens at sunrise on the 23rd in Jerusalem), with the new moon below her feet, and the probabilities get demonstrably large. Answers in Genesis tried to debunk it, but they left out the Jupiter in retrograde fact. Scottie Clarke postulated this convergence about 6 years ago and it has had a lot of peer review exposure, yet none have effectively debunked it.

I don't believe in coincidences. And others should carefully analyze this stuff before dismissing it out of hand. There is something coming on the horizon. Even the secular world, many are starting to wonder of where things are going, given the events of this century and more recently. We can't even keep our naval ships from colliding into other ships this year. I am hoping for the removal of the righteous on September 23rd, but am more concerned that some catastrophic upheavals are coming that will really blow people's minds.

Numbers 14:11 (NKJV) Then the Lord said to Moses: “How long will these people reject Me? And how long will they not believe Me, with all the signs which I have performed among them?

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings,

I'm brand new here and I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that Jesus Christ will return this Feast of Trumpets.

I have studied Bible Prophecy for decades, mostly by typing out the verses, and even though the events have not happened the way Bible experts insist they must, every prophecy has been fulfilled except Jerusalem being taken. And perhaps the Sun and the Moon.

But I can't imagine in my wildest imagination that this is all true and out of all the people on Earth I am the only person to notice all of this.
I hope not
I got on vacation Oct 7th
It will have to wait til after that

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings,

I'm brand new here and I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that Jesus Christ will return this Feast of Trumpets.

I have studied Bible Prophecy for decades, mostly by typing out the verses, and even though the events have not happened the way Bible experts insist they must, every prophecy has been fulfilled except Jerusalem being taken. And perhaps the Sun and the Moon.

But I can't imagine in my wildest imagination that this is all true and out of all the people on Earth I am the only person to notice all of this.

No, the are many that think all has been fulfilled, but there are many things that still need to come to pass before Our Savior Returns, I will be shanked for that last statement! as far as this world and the people of this world, not all has come to pass. God says in Isiah that He has told the end from the beginning! many say that all was fulfilled at the Cross, Some say that if Christ is in you why doe's he need to return? remember what Jesus said to His Disciples, when they left the Temple, and they asked about what would be the signs of your coming. Those thing have yet to happen!

Reactions: Job

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
No, the are many that think all has been fulfilled, but there are many things that still need to come to pass before Our Savior Returns, I will be shanked for that last statement! as far as this world and the people of this world, not all has come to pass. God says in Isiah that He has told the end from the beginning! many say that all was fulfilled at the Cross, Some say that if Christ is in you why doe's he need to return? remember what Jesus said to His Disciples, when they left the Temple, and they asked about what would be the signs of your coming. Those thing have yet to happen!
What timing is required for a sign to be considered? All those things have happened in the last 100 years.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What timing is required for a sign to be considered? All those things have happened in the last 100 years.

Do you believe that a day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as a day to God?
If you read where Jesus sat at the well, and talked with the Samaritan woman. This was the only time that Jesus openly confirmed that he was the Messiah! she said when Messiah comes he will revel all things, and Jesus! " He who speaks to you AM HE ! then they asked Him to stay with them. and the Scripture states that He stayed with them for Two days, and after the two Days they departed. Remember they are Gentiles, could it be that 2000 Years is the length of time for the Gentiles. when the demon would cry out, we know who you are He would command them to shut up, when He asked his Disciples who do men think I am, Peter said, you are the Messiah the Son of God, and He told them to not tell anyone. He only reveled Himself to those Gentiles. Has it been 2000 years, we might want to be Ready!!!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not aware Jesus said that, at that time....Can you supply the verse pls?

Matthew 16
16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

<snip>

20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.

o

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not aware Jesus said that, at that time....Can you supply the verse pls?

Job got the right verse for you......
And there is also:- Luke 4:41 - "Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But He rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew He was the Messiah."

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 16
16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

<snip>

20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.

o
Thank you, had not been aware.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I waited all day for " The End Of The World" ...whatever that means!!
This right now somehow does not feel much like The New Earth, and I don't see a new heaven either. But then again , we don't walk by feelings!! :D
In many parts of the world it is already September 23rd.
I wish I had kept count now on just how many times the 'dates' have come and gone since I became a believer!!
I wonder how member JAA is feeling tonight.
Very disappointed I expect.
As lForest said the other day....'ONEDAY it really will be The Day.'...but it won't happen when we expect it, but when we least expect it.

Reactions: Truth and Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I must say I DID like this guys typology in this talk. It made for good preaching!:)

Reactions: Job

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I waited all day for " The End Of The World" ...whatever that means!!
This right now somehow does not feel much like The New Earth, and I don't see a new heaven either. But then again , we don't walk by feelings!! :D
In many parts of the world it is already September 23rd.
I wish I had kept count now on just how many times the 'dates' have come and gone since I became a believer!!
I wonder how member JAA is feeling tonight.
Very disappointed I expect.
As lForest said the other day....'ONEDAY it really will be The Day.'...but it won't happen when we expect it, but when we least expect it.

I suspect JAA is feeling exactly the same as he did yesterday. Considering that he believes much of prophecy to be fulfilled (it hasn't), I'm just wondering if he'll be back around the same time next year like all the rest of them do every single year. The "the end is nigh" hype crowd is one big reason why many unbelievers consider our faith to be an absolute joke. As far as I can see, I don't see the Jews in Israel worshiping an angel called Apollyon as God. Hell, I still haven't seen the rise of the four beast kingdoms. So I'm not expecting "the end" to come any time soon. If I were to bother setting a date, I would say "the end", meaning the arrival of the "the beast" won't happen for at least another thirty odd years, and no more than that, based on the speed at which certain events are occurring. Any longer than that would be pushing it. Many of you older folks may not even be alive to see it.

Reactions: Job and Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must say I DID like this guys typology in this talk. It made for good preaching!:)

Have you seen his Harbinger videos? His audio book The Harbinger is very revealing. I highly recommend it.

o

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
23rd here and I am still around, if people expect Jesus to return at a certain date, it probably won't happen, nobody knows the day or hour he returns, so we are to be ready at all times.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. don't worry the excuses will start to come. a miss calculation or something, I'll bet you 10 to 1 the date will be pushed back. or they find that something else that supposed to have happen and now they see it and set another date. it's always something in the form of an excuse.

peace in Christ Jesus.