Sex before marring

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

G

Godrocks

I ask this, as my boyfriend and i had sex for the first time last night... it was quite exciting but as much as we both want to do it again, are we doomed for hell!
sad.gif

kentots

Feb 20, 2008
I'd have to say no. Because through works alone we are all doomed, thats why through works alone we don't make it anywhere. Through Christ is how we are saved, not by works. So no, i'd say your alright, but be careful that it doesn't decrease your faith in God and Christ.

haanne

Oct 29, 2007
God rocks, being sexually active is a big responsibility. It is something that God created for a husband and wife. It is a good thing and a wholesome thing .Sex the way God intended is not dirty or wrong and it is not shameful. It was meant to bring a husband and wife together as one. God knew what he was doing when he created men to be physical and women emotional. The problem is when a girl has sex with a man who's not her husband she gives her Heart to him and often times falls in love. He on the other hand does not (on rare occasion he might ) but mostly hes looking to have his need met. A young man with out any self control might sleep with several girls and never be affected the way a young woman might if she goes on to sleep with several guys. she is that emotional creature. So as a result she loses self worth and her standards go down. God knows what hes doing . His word is a life manual and if we follow it we can make our lives alot easier.Not to mention save our selves alot of heart ache. with love -Haanne

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
God can forgive us and wants us to repent of our sins. Repent does not mean just being regretful, if truly repentant one does not want to do it again.A better question might be how much willfull sin do I believe could God abide without my being truly repentant and not send me to Hell. Unfortunately for most of us, we seldom think our end is near, so it is tempting to avoid facing what we have done or are doing and tell ourselves we will "get right" with God later. We play roulette with our immortal souls.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(Godrocks;38323)
I ask this, as my boyfriend and i had sex for the first time last night... it was quite exciting but as much as we both want to do it again, are we doomed for hell!
sad.gif

you and your boy friend had sex last night. Do you want to know how bad that was ? God killed his own Son and his Son went to hell because of what you and your boy friend did. did he not?and if you don't care about the forgivness Jesus won for you on the cross that day . keep on rejecting it keep on doing what you did last night . will you go to hell ?yes very likly . because you by keeping on show that you reject the forgivness won for you both by Jesus . Repentance has two parts truly feeling sorry for sin so sorry you never want to do that sin again . and also trusting with all your heart that you are forgiven by what Jesus has done for you on the cross. And it would not be right for me not to say your playing with fire; hells fire.if you keep on.this is what God says 1 Corinthians 6:9-101 Corinthians 6:15-18Ephesians 5:3Why don't you and your boyfriend talk to your pastor about this?Perhaps he may even suggest you guys should get married fairly soon .so satan can't tempt you with sex before marriage again .

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
Just think about this, you are not married to one another and it is possible you will not marry(just hypothetical). If you do not marry this person but another, how much have you cheated your true spouse by sharing what is his with someone else? I dont believe you are damned to hell for this but you may destroy happiness with your true love because of fleshly pleasure with another. I would say repent and dont let it happen again until it is with your spouse after you have married.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Don't use Christ like he is some forgiveness dispensing machine. God commanded us to repent, therefore you must turn away from all of your sins.I highly recommend you don't do it until you're married.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Dear Godrocks, I see that this is posted under the new Christians site, so I am assuming you are a new born-again believer. That can be a totally life-changing experience for you and should be. Christianity, when lived out like it's supposed to be, is so opposite of the way of this world. You must find time each day to read your Bible alone and pray. The Holy Spirit stamps Himself with His seal as He enters your body the moment you accept Christ as your Savior (Ephesians 4:30;Romans 8:9). There should be a small voice whispering to you that what you did grieved the Holy Spirit, even though it was pleasurable to the fleshly body. God did create sex to be enjoyed between man and woman, but only if they are joined together forever in marriage. Otherwise, He calls it fornication (see Galatians 5:19). In verse 19, the works of the flesh are spelled out for us and those should apply to non-Christians. No Christian should "practice" these works. That's what you're asking. To practice is to do over and over again. What you have done you can't undo. But, 1 John 1:9 says that He (Jesus) is faithful to forgive us when we confess our sins. Confess what you've done and start over. See the rest of Galatians 5 and you will find what we as believers are to practice. These are quite challenging and we MUST rely on the Holy Spirit to work these out in our lives. Call on Him day or night. Ask Him for the strength only He can give. The cross is a level ground for any person. He will meet you there EVERY TIME.

K9Claire

Jan 10, 2008
I am a new christian too and recently had my first sexual experience since becoming a Christian. This thread has been helpful for me. I really like what Haanne said. After I participated in cybersex the other day I went to the Bible to read about my damnation but every verse God led me to was about forgiveness. Luke 15. God knew that we needed rules to guide us because we are all so easily lead astray. But if that was all we needed there would have been no reason for Jesus. God saw that we could not stay on the path and so he sent us a savior.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Godrocks;38323)
sad.gif

being doomed takes more than what you have done. Not saying that what you have done is right. But the Lord is faithful to complete a good work in you. When we have done something we know we shouldn't have and then are convicted it is great evidence that we have not lost the Lord, for He corrects His children, those He loves.....More than anything Godrocks, guard your heart and keep all your thoughts and actions in prayer....

Kooks

Mar 22, 2008
You can't use the argument that God knew we would never keep to His Divine rules so it is ok to break them. That is just not how it works. God knew we were inherently flawed and sent us our Saviour to cleanse us of our sins, yes this is true, but this doesn't mean that He is allowing us to go ahead and sin because He realised that His rules were too hard to follow....it just means that He loves us and wants to help us after we sin, prefering us not to sin but still loving us anyway.To the original poster, yes sex is great. It is the perfect expression of the bodies that God created. But it is to be between husband and wife only for it to be sacred etc. My advice is to stop having sex with your boyfriend, I am not sure if you will go to Hell but why risk it?

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
I've had the same issue. I just became one one Christ and haven't had sex since (I did before I was saved) I met a young lady who was also new in her walk and we have been able to remain celibate but it's a hard road. I have very strong feelings for her and I do feel that I'm called to her. I know I can wait till/ if we get married. We're not exclusive but I do love her and I would ask her to marry her the moment that we did. I think that she may be doing some physical things with the other guy that she goes out with and that since I don't want to do anything that my cause us to go down the path of sexuality, it may be putting her off.

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
This topic speaks straight to my heart. A lot of people have already mentioned what God has to say about the topic, so I won't go too much into that, except to say: Yeah, God made sex, it's great, and he meant it to be enjoyed IN THE CONTEXT he designed it for.I went 21 years without having sex, and yes it was incredibly hard. Then, I was engaged, and the woman I was engaged to had been very sexually active before we had gotten together. We had not actually had sex, but she was always bugging me about it. Well, since we were engaged I reasoned and justified and ended up sleeping with her. We ARE married now, and we have a beautiful baby boy. At the same time, I can tell you without a doubt, even though she is the ONLY woman I have ever had sex with:HAVING SEX BEFORE I WAS MARRIED RUINED MY LIFE.There are far too many consequences to go into, but let me just tell you, it is NOT worth it. Sex is meant to be enjoyed WITHIN marriage, not outside it. The sex before we were married was AMAZING. At the time, nothing seemed wrong, and I didn't immediately see ANY consequences. But boy, did they come. Take it from me...God knows what He's talking about. Even if you don't see the reason why, trust Him!! And obey Him. It really is for your own good, because He loves you.Anyone can feel free to send me a private message if they want to talk more about this in private, by the way.

neza

Jan 20, 2008
i cannot read the bible and belive that salvation can ever be taken away no matter how great the sin once saved always savednow i know that sounds too easy but just read galations thats a whole book on the fact we dont have to follow the law christ came to set us free paul wrote "i can do all things but not all things are good for me to do" you see we are saved by grace and gods grace is perfect if mere sin could get in the way of that grace we were never saved in the first place. people sin every day christian or not we are not perfect just because we accepted christ.see but because of grace we dont say well how close can i walk to this line before crossing over into sin grace says im going to run in the opposite direction of that linegod doesnt condem you for sleeping with your boyfriend the bible teaches all sin is juged equally so there froe your sleeping with your boyfriend is the same as that swear word i said in my head in which case we are all dammed to hellhope this helps god bless-neza

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Godrocks;38323)
sad.gif

Hell is for those who have not trusted Christ, the Son of the Alimighty Maker of all creation... for their salvation. If you've trusted Him to be your Rock, then there are no more sacrifices you can make. You aren't going to hell.Nevertheless, if you and you boyfriend have already had sex... hind sight at best, that is sinful. I'm human, and I am married. I know the pulls to have sex without the commitment of marriage are there. But, it is not in God's will that sex be anywhere other than inside of marriage. You should have both considered God's will for your lives, and be patient in waiting before doing that. It was wrong. If you intend on being with eachother... you should really talk to eachother, be patient...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(neza;47765)
i cannot read the bible and belive that salvation can ever be taken away no matter how great the sin once saved always savednow i know that sounds too easy but just read galations thats a whole book on the fact we dont have to follow the law christ came to set us free paul wrote "i can do all things but not all things are good for me to do" you see we are saved by grace and gods grace is perfect if mere sin could get in the way of that grace we were never saved in the first place. people sin every day christian or not we are not perfect just because we accepted christ.see but because of grace we dont say well how close can i walk to this line before crossing over into sin grace says im going to run in the opposite direction of that linegod doesnt condem you for sleeping with your boyfriend the bible teaches all sin is juged equally so there froe your sleeping with your boyfriend is the same as that swear word i said in my head in which case we are all dammed to hellhope this helps god bless-neza
This is the exact reason this once saved always saved is a false doctrine there is no such thing. If you think for one minute that you are always saved and use it as your justification for your actions you are in big trouble For God will say get thee behind me I never knew you. You are in fact using Gods grace as a license to sin. No one is without sin and if you repent from your heart you are forgiven. But no one be fooled here in thinking OH WELL once saved always saved For God says he even shortened the time or the very Elect if possable would fall away so dont even think you cant. You are only Once saved always saved if you follow his ways

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(kriss;47818)
This is the exact reason this once saved always saved is a false doctrine there is no such thing. If you think for one minute that you are always saved and use it as your justification for your actions you are in big trouble For God will say get thee behind me I never knew you. You are in fact using Gods grace as a license to sin. No one is without sin and if you repent from your heart you are forgiven. But no one be fooled here in thinking OH WELL once saved always saved For God says he even shortened the time or the very Elect if possable would fall away so dont even think you cant. You are only Once saved always saved if you follow his ways
Well, lets turn this into a "once saved always saved" thread why don't we?
smile.gif
It isn't a false doctrine in the least. Jesus had died once and for all for all sins, and whether you like it or not, that's the way it is. It is a gift, period. We do not attain it by works, and neither do we lose it by works."You are only Once saved always saved if you follow his ways." So, we're saved if we are good enough? Saved by works.Not so. We are not saved by works... lest any man boast. If you think you're going to get to heaven and God is going to thank you for remaining righteous enough in your works to keep salvation, you are mistaken. You, and everyone else in Christ, will be saved by His grace, period.

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
Yep, once saved always saved, though people often abuse the concept to mean they can do whatever they want if they pay lip service to Christ. Doesn't make it any less true, though.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
So then according to you If one turns to Satanism tomarrow they are still saved right and you cant argue then they were not saved in the first place because any one confess a belief in Christ and repents is saved . So if this person believed they were saved and then turned to drugs and to worship Satan they are saved same as you right. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.No I tell you God says different this is a political correct doctrine that takes the responsabilty away from you.An excuse for one can do whatever you like cause God says you are saved, I say you only have the promise of being saved if you accept your responsabilty in following his laws. Thats what scripture says.

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
"Why do you call me Lord Lord and do not do what I say?" (Luke 6:46)You can call Jesus Lord with your mouth, but it's what's in your heart that counts. If one turns to Satanism tomorrow then no...they were not saved today. I'll admit it has been awhile since I've reviewed my Biblical basis for this, so I'm going to do some re-studying on the matter
smile.gif
Would love to hear what you have to say on the topic.