Shadows and Realities

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
“And when the thousand years are expired … I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no more place for them … and I saw a new heavens and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven …” Revelation 20:7-21:2

This says specifically that the white throne judgment and the heaven and earth fleeing away occurs after the thousand years are expired, not before.

Ah, but that is what Paul wrote about in Hebrews when he was explain how the we are not come to Mt. Sinai, the “mount which might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, and the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words …” but we are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirit of just men made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.”

Now it gets good … “See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that speak on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain …”

And watch this … “Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.” Hebrews 12:18-29

Paul says God once spoke on earth, at Mt. Sinai, and the earth shook at His voice. But that now He has spoken from heaven and His voice shook not only the earth but also shook heaven and that shaking “removed” these shadows, the things that were “made,” the literal, earthly types and figures, so that the things which cannot be shaken (the eternal, spiritual realities) are left standing.

That word, the “removing” of those earthly things (the earthly kingdom, and the earthly city, and the earthly priesthood, and the earthly altar, and the earthly sacrifices, and the earthly temple with it’s earthly Holy and Holy of Holies which were all man-made shadows patterned after the true heavenly realities) they were “removed” = metathesis 3331 transferral or transportation (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law)-change, removing, translation.

The earthly man-made shadows were removed in order that the kingdom which cannot be moved or shaken, the heavenly kingdom which we have come to, it remains and will remain forever.

Now you see what all those prophecies about how the fig tree would cast it’s fig as if shaken by a mighty win was apocalyptic imagery of the removing of the earthly kingdom of Israel, and how the stars being cast to the earth was about God shaking not only the earth as he did at Mt. Sinai, but how the heavens would also be shaken which would mean the downfall of the Jewish state. That’s the “change of government,” not the destruction of the heavens and earth, but the shaking of them.

Do you recall in the Revelation that God’s two witnesses, the Law and the Prophets, were killed and their dead bodies lay in the streets of Jerusalem and the world would rejoice that the Law and the Prophets had ceased because the Jewish state and the Mosaic economy were destroyed? But they weren’t destroyed, they were “removed” and transferred to heaven, raised up to spiritual realities in fulfillment of the old earthly shadows.

My little granddaughter is coming to spend the weekend with me so I may not be able to talk much but I hope something I have said may have given you new food for thought, unless you think I have completely missed the mark on all this. I just know that the more I learn about the feasts, the more I appreciate what Jesus has accomplished, and the more I realize that it is only by God working in me that I can enjoy the reality of what the commandments of God have to say.

By the way, you do realize the Hebrew word for “commandment” (peh 6310) literally means “the mouth” (as a means of blowing, from the root word paah 6284 which means “to puff”), which is probably why the voice of God speaking commandments is associated in Scripture with a trumpet.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer
God bless your quality time with your granddaughter.

Reactions: Pilgrimer

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If the blood of Jesus Christ doesn’t provide remission of sin, then there no sacrifice for sin as the Law of God requires and we are therefore without hope.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer
yes, 22According to the Law, in fact, nearly everything must be purified with blood, huh?
so guess what that makes...the one who believes this, P; under the law, ok.

God does not want our sacrifices, see, He wants our love and obedience, etc, you know the vv i'm sure. Living Sacrifice is irrelevant to an already "permanently saved person," as would be picking up their cross, and etc. No Son of Man may die for another's sins, either; that is Scripture--God's Word to you, right; shall we read it again together?--and that has not been nullified.
imo,

but i mean really when you can't even find the blood on top of everything else, all this stuff you chose not to respond to bc you couldn't, repeated below, then imo if the picture does not come immediately clear then at least a pathway to a better view does, and you do not have to ever take that path if you don't wanna, ok, you can believe Jesus died to appease an Angry and Capricious God if you like, fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom after all, right.

But just so you understand you will never partake in Christ that way, ok, that was to make a place for the wise to start, not finish

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

The Law of Moses is the law of sin and death. It’s not some separate law.
i essentially agree, but then note how you go on to basically DQ this pov in your paragraph two, so i also don't agree, if the Decalogue is getting like repealed in there anywhere particularly. The Ten Commandments are still the basis of law, and we are compelled to observe the law as a minimum standard, regardless of the fact that we may also break a law for a higher good

Which in itself was a shadow of the New Covenant wherein reconciliation and fellowship with God is through the sacrifice of His son.
which is also not understood, and not sufficient to cover your sins, as Scripture will tell us plainly when you stop looking for proof of the one thing, and start accepting the possibility of the other. Jesus did not die for our sins in the manner we are led to believe; no Son of Man may die for another's sins, and you would not have to pick up a cross and follow if that were true, i hope obviously?

All those manifold and intricately detailed jots and tittles respecting sacrifices and offerings of the Law all teach us about that one sacrifice.
i disagree, imo they teach us how men will subvert the Law, the Decalogue, for their own ends, and they are not in Scripture for a reason i guess.

Just as apparently, i have my own civil code based upon the Decalogue that i must obey--full Anarchist here, saying this, ok--upon pain of death, too, right?

There is also the “righteousness and blessing” aspect that Jesus has also fulfilled, every jot and tittle.
ya, see, this language is code for "i don't have to obey the law any more bc Jesus did it for me," and that is not what that v is saying, as plenty of other passages will even verify this.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

so wadr what you have done there is take a v that plainly instructs us to obey the law and subvert it to your own agenda, as "Till heaven and earth pass" even indicate
^

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why would unbelievers build a temple and offer sacrifices to God?
I didn't say they would build a temple. They would offer sacrifices because they do not have Yeshua as their sacrifice. Do you have an explanation for Ezekiel's temple and its sacrifices?

Ah, but you see, the “firstfruits” also included all the Jewish saints of old who died in faith not having received the promises but having seen them afar off and died in faith waiting for the coming of the Promise. They were also saved by the atoning death of Jesus, and their souls waited in what Jesus called “Abraham’s Bosom,” the place where the righteous went after death to wait for the coming salvation. Indeed, so powerful was this liberation of the souls of the faithful at the moment of Jesus’ death that graves broke open around Jerusalem and the bodies of many of the saints came out of their graves and went into the city. Of course, they died again, this was not the final resurrection which will be when all believers will become immortals, but it was powerful evidence of what the death of Jesus had wrought, liberation of the souls of those who died in faith waiting for the atoning death of Jesus to wash them and make them clean so their souls could ascend to heaven and appear in the presence of God.

So the “firstfruits” of this great soul harvest that began with the atoning power of the blood of Jesus was the Jewish faithful, Old and New Testament, who as I said, are the foundation walls (the prophets and apostles) and the gates (the twelve tribes) of the church, the first and choicest of the harvest that was set aside as belonging to God.

Then afterward came the harvest of the nations.
The saints of old are barley, not wheat. Those that resurrected when shortly after Yeshua did were the firstfruits of the barley harvest. The firstfruits of the literal wheat harvest of souls is yet future.

I think you have the literal shadows and spiritual realities mixed up. It was the literal harvest of the land of Israel that was the shadow of the spiritual soul harvest of the Gospel, and the Jews were the firstfruits.
Jewish believers in Messiah are the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, but only in terms of being the first fruit to begin growing in the fields. They have not yet been literally harvested at the literal resurrection.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“And when the thousand years are expired … I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no more place for them … and I saw a new heavens and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven …” Revelation 20:7-21:2

This says specifically that the white throne judgment and the heaven and earth fleeing away occurs after the thousand years are expired, not before.
The throne is after and the fleeing before. Yeshua came at the start of the Millennium. At that time a change in the government of this world took place. The old heaven and old earth gave place to the new heaven and new earth. Then Yeshua rules for 1,000 years over people who are learning to live right without being deceived by Satan. The the white throne is set and Yeshua sits upon it. The phrase "from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away" is simply a way of identifying the judge as the same person who came at the beginning of the Millennium.

Paul says God once spoke on earth, at Mt. Sinai, and the earth shook at His voice. But that now He has spoken from heaven and His voice shook not only the earth but also shook heaven and that shaking “removed” these shadows, the things that were “made,” the literal, earthly types and figures, so that the things which cannot be shaken (the eternal, spiritual realities) are left standing.

That word, the “removing” of those earthly things (the earthly kingdom, and the earthly city, and the earthly priesthood, and the earthly altar, and the earthly sacrifices, and the earthly temple with it’s earthly Holy and Holy of Holies which were all man-made shadows patterned after the true heavenly realities) they were “removed” = metathesis 3331 transferral or transportation (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law)-change, removing, translation.

The earthly man-made shadows were removed in order that the kingdom which cannot be moved or shaken, the heavenly kingdom which we have come to, it remains and will remain forever.

Now you see what all those prophecies about how the fig tree would cast it’s figs as if shaken by a mighty wind was apocalyptic imagery of the removing of the earthly kingdom of Israel, and how the stars being cast to the earth was about God shaking not only the earth as he did at Mt. Sinai, but how the heavens would also be shaken which would mean the downfall of the Jewish state. That’s the “change of government,” not the destruction of the heavens and earth, but the shaking of them.
You err greatly if you are including the feast days as "earthly man-made shadows" since YHWH Himself made them. YHWH also made the sacrificial system and commanded the temple to be made. The man-made things that will be shaken refer to earthly kingdoms. Once they are shaken and removed, only YHWH's Kingdom will remain. This will happen in our future when Messiah return to resurrect the dead in him and set up his Kingdom on earth.

Do you recall in the Revelation that God’s two witnesses, the Law and the Prophets, were killed and their dead bodies lay in the streets of Jerusalem and the world would rejoice that the Law and the Prophets were dead because the Jewish state and the Mosaic economy were destroyed? But they weren’t destroyed, they were “removed” and transferred to heaven, raised up to spiritual realities in fulfillment of the old earthly shadows.
The two witnesses do NOT refer to the Law and the Prophets, nor to the Jewish state or the Mosaic economy. The language of Revelation 11 obviously shows they are living beings. Their identities are not revealed at this time, but they are certainly not inanimate objects.

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"... translators who were part of a church that had abolished the Feasts and Sabbaths."

My friend, the feasts and sabbaths of the Mosaic Law were not abolished by the translators of the Bible. They were abolished by God when he removed everything that was required, by law, in order to keep the feasts. You can't keep Passover without a Passover. You can't "feast" without korban, the sacrifices that God commanded be offered and then eaten. That's what a feast is. A meal, a joyous, celebratory meal, and in the case of the Mosaic feasts, they were meals at which the people ate of the sacrifices and offerings that God commanded they prepare and eat. You can't have a Mosaic feast at an empty table. So no, the translators of the Bible didn't abolish and remove all that. God did.

And there's a reason that He did. Because like everything else that pertains to the Old Covenant, they were temporary types and figures designed specifically to teach us about heavenly things, heavenly feasts, spiritual food, not to nourish our bodies, but to nourish our souls.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you can believe Jesus died to appease an Angry and Capricious God if you like ...

Those are your words my friend, not mine. I don't believe God is or ever has been capricious ... angry, yes, and rightly so based on what I have read in the Bible and see in the world of just how depraved men and women can be ... but I also think God has been far more merciful and gracious than we worldlings deserve ... but capricious, absolutely not.

What I believe is that Jesus shed his blood because it is the one and only thing that can repair and restore my broken, sinful nature and raise me up above this old fallen world to live and walk in a whole other realm of existence.

But just so you understand you will never partake in Christ that way, ok, that was to make a place for the wise to start, not finish

I disagree. Being purged of sin by the blood of Jesus Christ is not solely a starting point, it is an ongoing, unceasing, continual work of the Spirit in our hearts and minds, cleansing and purging and washing our conscience so that we might learn and grow and mature into spiritual creatures who more and more closely and ever more faithfully walk with and talk with and love and serve a living God.

So for me, it's not about following commandments written in a book, it's about following God's Spirit on a personal level that is far more difficult because He is not just personally, day-by-day commanding my behavior, but He is commanding my heart, my mind, my thoughts, my motives, my intentions, and even my desires, and it is a far higher standard and much more difficult path than those who follow a written Law.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are your words my friend, not mine. I don't believe God is or ever has been capricious ... angry, yes, and rightly so based on what I have read in the Bible and see in the world of just how depraved men and women can be ... but I also think God has been far more merciful and gracious than we worldlings deserve ... but capricious, absolutely not.

What I believe is that Jesus shed his blood because it is the one and only thing that can repair and restore my broken, sinful nature and raise me up above this old fallen world to live and walk in a whole other realm of existence.

I disagree. Being purged of sin by the blood of Jesus Christ is not solely a starting point, it is an ongoing, unceasing, continual work of the Spirit in our hearts and minds, cleansing and purging and washing our conscience so that we might learn and grow and mature into spiritual creatures who more and more closely and ever more faithfully walk with and talk with and love and serve a living God.

So for me, it's not about following commandments written in a book, it's about following God's Spirit on a personal level that is far more difficult because He is not just personally, day-by-day commanding my behavior, but He is commanding my heart, my mind, my thoughts, my motives, my intentions, and even my desires, and it is a far higher standard and much more difficult path than those who follow a written Law.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

Well worded post with allot of the things I think about...and yes, it is not at all an easy road.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yeh, i get you. But imo you will want to be addressing No son of man may die for another's sins; however seems best to you, regardless. Esp as we cannot seem to Quote any actual shed blood and all?
Being purged of sin by the blood of Jesus Christ is not sole
2 Corinthians 5:10 Lexicon: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. should be contemplated in that context i guess. Im not finding any "purged of sin" v, did you mean "cleansed?" Subtly diff meaning, maybe
well, i dont think Yah "lords" it over anyone like that tbh, and after all the heart is deceitful, above all things so while i do get where youre coming from, imo it is easy to tell ourselves some pious things and believe them even, yet still be found a hypocrite? The Commandments are the commands, i think; heck, the law is even holy

satan appears as an angel of light,
right, so it could maybe even be satan giving you "commands?"
Or i mean how would we know, iyo

Last edited:

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh, i get you. But imo you will want to be addressing No son of man may die for another's sins;

I think those things God said are being taken of context to mean something it doesn’t. God was responding to the saying of the Jews that “the fathers eat sour grapes and the children’s teeth are set on edge,” meaning that the children were suffering for the sins of the fathers. But God responded that it wasn’t true and He is not unfair, that each person bears their sins upon their own heads, He doesn’t judge and destroy the children for the sins of their father’s, or one man for another’s sins, but each person is judged by God according to his own deeds.

But in taking this to mean that a man cannot lay down his life for another, and therefore Jesus’ death could not atone for someone else’s sin, you are effectively undermining the very foundation of the Mosaic Law which is predicated on substitutionary or vicarious atonement, that is, that atonement for sin (absolutely necessary for reconciliation and fellowship with God), is only possible by the offering of the blood of a sacrifice (an innocent victim) made according to the commandments of the Law of which God provided three essential avenues: the Corban (Burnt- Sin- and Guilt-offerings), the Paschal Lamb, and the most essential element, the Day of Atonement sacrifices.

Without these annual, monthly, sabbath, and daily sin-offerings required by and made according to the Law there was no atonement for sin and therefore no reconciliation and fellowship with God.

So in taking these verses out of context to hold that the Law does not allow substitutionary sacrifice of an innocent victim to make atonement for the sins of the guilty is to subvert the very foundation of the Law, which at its very institution Moses took the blood of innocent animals and sprinkled the books of the Law and all the people and the tabernacle and all the vessels of ministry because without the sprinkling of blood there is no way to cleanse those who are guilty of sin.

Im not finding any "purged of sin" v, did you mean "cleansed?" Subtly diff meaning, maybe

Actually, the Greek word (Katharizo) translated in some instances as “purge” does in fact mean to cleanse or to purify. It’s interesting that this word is the root of our English word “cathartic/catharsis” which first entered the English as a medical term for “purging” the body of impurities but has also come to mean emotional or spiritual cleansing which is the way Paul used it in Hebrews 9:14 as a purging or cleansing of the conscience:

“For if the blood of bulls and of goats and the ashes of an heifer sprinkled on the unclean sanctifies to purify the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit, offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve a living God?”

This is one of my favorite verses because it explains that it is when we are sprinkled with the blood of Jesus that our conscience (moral consciousness, ethics, scruples, a sense of right and wrong) is cleansed so that we might serve God in spirit and in truth. This is what God meant when He said he would write His Law on our hearts, that He would purge our conscience so that we are sensitive and responsive to His voice and teaching and leading of His Spirit and the fruit of that path is a life that is holy not just in our outward behavior (in fulfillment of the Law), but holy in the sense of a clean heart and pure motives, which the Law could not and was never intended to address, which is why it was a temporary covenant sanctified by the blood of bulls and goats that only provided cleansing of the flesh, until the institution of the New Covenant, sanctified by the blood of Jesus which cleanses the heart and mind.

and after all the heart is deceitful, above all things so while i do get where youre coming from, imo it is easy to tell ourselves some pious things and believe them even, yet still be found a hypocrite? The Commandments are the commands, i think; heck, the law is even holy

satan appears as an angel of light, right, so it could maybe even be satan giving you "commands?"

Or i mean how would we know, iyo

Good point. We know because the Spirit and the Word both bear witness to the same Truth.

Even after a lifetime of walking with God, I still do not pretend to fully understand how He works all this out in us, but I do know that there are two essential elements to this path: Bible study and prayer.

I have learned that studying the Bible is like learning a new language, a heavenly language, a mysterious language that at first doesn’t seem to make much sense, just a collection of stories that don’t really have much to do with us or our lives or where we are or what we are dealing with, but then as we study and sow the words into our hearts and minds, and then go to God and prayerfully, with an open mind and a humble, teachable heart talk it all over with him, meditate on it, think about it, reason with God about it, even as we go about our daily routine, then God’s Spirit gradually begins to show us the point of all those stories, the lessons to be learned from them, what they mean in the greater scheme of things, and how those lessons apply to our own lives. He opens our eyes to see things we never even thought or imagined, and it changes the way we see everything, the way we see Him, the way we see ourselves, the world, our lives, others, events in our lives that we all deal with. And in the end, the fruit of all this is that it changes us, makes us better, more spiritually strong and mature, as Paul says, we're changed from glory to glory.

Even after a lifetime of walking with God, I still experience times when I wonder if my thoughts, my feelings, my attitude, are they from God? Or are they my own fleshly thoughts and desires speaking to me? But this is what literally brings me to my knees, keeps me coming back again and again to His Words and His Spirit and keeps me close to Him, keeps me humble, keeps me dependent upon and looking to and trusting in Him to not let me stray, to not let me walk in the deceitfulness of my own heart but to show me myself and correct me and cleanse me of anything that is of the flesh and not of Him, and even chastise me if necessary to keep me on the path that is always leading me upward, to a higher and better person than I was before. So it doesn’t stop, it doesn’t end, not in this life. We will never reach the end of the path, we will never not need that precious crimson flow to continue to wash us and cleanse us and make us better and better until we reach the end of our journey.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you are effectively undermining the very foundation of the Mosaic Law which is predicated on substitutionary or vicarious atonement, that is, that atonement for sin
yeh, the one that we have a record of its failure already huh
there is a v for this, i could dig it up i guess
absolutely necessary for reconciliation and fellowship with God
well, you say that, but Yah says diff wadr; Who told you that you were naked? I desire mercy, not sacrifice so i at least suggest that all that Jesus Cult stuff we all get indoctrinated into? Prolly not imo. Much more likely that people are bloodthirsty pagans, so we expect Yah to be too? And you might note that any instance that suggests otherwise relates a perspective, never a definitive statement?
made according to the commandments of the Law of which God provided three essential avenues: the Corban (Burnt- Sin- and Guilt-offerings), the Paschal Lamb, and the most essential element, the Day of Atonement sacrifices.
i just checked the Decalogue, dont see them anywhere wadr
Without these annual, monthly, sabbath, and daily sin-offerings required by and made according to the Law there was no atonement for sin and therefore no reconciliation and fellowship with God
yes, under the law nearly everything required blood huh.
you still under the law?
hope youre nodding your head :)
So in taking these verses out of context to hold that the Law does not allow substitutionary sacrifice of an innocent victim to make atonement for the sins of the guilty is to subvert the very foundation of the Law, which at its very institution Moses took the blood of innocent animals and sprinkled the books of the Law and all the people and the tabernacle and all the vessels of ministry because without the sprinkling of blood there is no way to cleanse those who are guilty of sin.
under the law, certainly
“For if the blood of bulls and of goats and the ashes of an heifer sprinkled on the unclean sanctifies to purify the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit, offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve a living God?”
your conscience, see? No "...offered Himself without spot to Yah, fulfill Yah's requirements..." anywhere
This is one of my favorite verses because it explains that it is when we are sprinkled with the blood of Jesus that our conscience
i guess a lot of believers feel that way, yeh. Sorry bout that
Oh daughters of Jerusalem, do not find love until you are ready
someone actually speinkled some blood on you? gross :)
'member when Jesus offered evabody a cup of "blood?" they took it literal too i guess huh
I do know that there are two essential elements to this path: Bible study and prayer.
yeh bc little children do so much of that right?
:D

"The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible" sclemens
my own fleshly thoughts and desires speaking to me? But this is what literally brings me to my knees, keeps me coming back again and again to His Words and His Spirit and keeps me close to Him, keeps me humble, keeps me dependent upon and looking to and trusting in Him to not let me stray, to not let me walk in the deceitfulness
do you know the diff in satan's and the naive dialect bac?
we will never not need that precious crimson flow
ha yikes,
Give me some of that red stew, or i will die!
huh? i know bro. naive dialect imo k
have a nice week

Last edited:

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh, the one that we have a record of its failure already ...
You offer no sensible argument against anything I said, just offensive comments about what are very basic beliefs of millions of Christians.

If you have a reasonable argument to make then make it.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
But God responded that it wasn’t true and He is not unfair, that each person bears their sins upon their own heads, He doesn’t judge and destroy the children for the sins of their father’s, or one man for another’s sins, but each person is judged by God according to his own deeds.

Texts like Deuteronomy 5:9, Jeremiah 32:18, Leviticus 26:39, as well as Matthew 23:35-36 disagree with your assertion.

Methinks you nailed it here.

...as we study and sow the words into our hearts and minds, and then go to God and prayerfully, with an open mind and a humble, teachable heart talk it all over with him, meditate on it, think about it, reason with God about it, even as we go about our daily routine, then God’s Spirit gradually begins to show us the point of all those stories, the lessons to be learned from them, what they mean in the greater scheme of things, and how those lessons apply to our own lives. He opens our eyes to see things we never even thought or imagined, and it changes the way we see everything...

A person can definitely acquire some life-benefiting lessons from studying certain parts of the biblical texts. Many are very enlightening. When the study of the texts is approached in the manner in which you described, our minds/hearts tend to receive it differently than if we'd taken a different approach. A person's state of mind affects how they receive info and we tend to find whatever it is we are looking for simply due to the fact that we are looking for something.
We as people make a mistake in inserting what we claim is God's Spirit into the place that is actually our own heart. We somehow have convinced ourselves that we are communing with the divine when in actuality what reality shows us is that our claims of divine interaction and communion very often differs with the same claims asserted by those every bit as pious and devout as us. (This very forum is evidence to that.)