Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No actually I'm not. You see there are other books called Bible encyclopedias that you can check out. These people talked with many theologians to get the accurate information in their books. These people are not JW and these people believe in the Trinity yet these theologians they spoke to admitted that the explicit doctrine of the Trinity isn't in the old or new testament.
But Barney, some of us believe that our Christian Bibles overrule your "Bible encyclopedias".

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm always honest you just don't believe that I am being honest. To answer your question, no elder has ever told me a certain thing like that. Also when I was studying with the JW before I got baptized, any question I asked them they answered it honestly. They kept nothing from me.
That's good.

They seemed reluctant to tell me that Jesus was Michael the Archangel incarnated into a human.

I had to pry that one out.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not easy to be "specific" when trying to decipher your Bible hating posts.
If I prove that Jesus was the first born of all creation, died before the foundation of the world and the firstborn from the dead with scripture would you call that hate speech?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anything in the Bible that you believe?
Yes, I believe God made Jesus(last Adam) as a redo of the first Adam.
Then this redo begotten son was murdered and resurrected by his God, the his God made him a bodily omnipresent quickening spirit and all the fullness of what God consists of chose to indwell that body.
Now, that God, which is light and energy, is found inside the spirit body of His son.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, you've never read the NWT since you don't know what Thomas said to Jesus, and Jesus didn't REBUKE Thomas for calling Him "my God". Come back when you've read John 20.

As long as you keep ignoring what Jesus Christ the greatest person who ever lived on planet Earth said at John 20:17 you're saying Jesus is a liar. So you get back to me when you believe Jesus and stop implying Thomas was calling Jesus a liar, he wasn't.

Reactions: amadeus

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Barney, some of us believe that our Christian Bibles overrule your "Bible encyclopedias".

They're not my Bible encyclopedias nor are they produced by JW they're produced by people who believe the protestant way and Catholic way. They are the ones who produce these Encyclopedias. These theologians they speak to who do believe in the Trinity will admit there is no explicit Trinity doctrine in the old or new testament.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's good.

They seemed reluctant to tell me that Jesus was Michael the Archangel incarnated into a human.

I had to pry that one out.

What I wonder when you asked this question is were you studying the Bible with them or did they just start talking to you about a certain topic like when they go door to door. It's true when JW start talking to someone with a certain message concerning the scriptures they don't like deviating from one topic to another. Also I have met those who simply ask questions like that just to start a argument. JW don't really want to argue with anyone, it looks bad.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Too bad Christians don't believe the God inside Christ doctrine of the Bible....
Yes they missed this bit didnt they,
Joh_14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Reactions: amadeus and Truther

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They're not my Bible encyclopedias nor are they produced by JW they're produced by people who believe the protestant way and Catholic way. They are the ones who produce these Encyclopedias. These theologians they speak to who do believe in the Trinity will admit there is no explicit Trinity doctrine in the old or new testament.
IOW, you have no proof, just JW opinions.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I wonder when you asked this question is were you studying the Bible with them or did they just start talking to you about a certain topic like when they go door to door. It's true when JW start talking to someone with a certain message concerning the scriptures they don't like deviating from one topic to another. Also I have met those who simply ask questions like that just to start a argument. JW don't really want to argue with anyone, it looks bad.
Bam, you made my case.

That demands weekly study commitment to soften us up for the blow.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they missed this bit didnt they,
Joh_14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Why don't they see it?

It is simply amazing that Christians don't see it.

Could it be bias causing voluntary blindness?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bam, you made my case.

That demands weekly study commitment to soften us up for the blow.

We JW are not going to discourage studying the Bible with someone. If you wish to see that in a negative light, so be it. I however will not discourage studying the scriptures with someone.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
General to Colonel to Private?

The RCC would be flabbergasted to hear someone say the members of the trinity out rank each other.

Try this...

There is no 3 persons, but there is only a Divine Father and a human son....

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

But that is not what Scripture says! As to Jesus being mediator, yes He is the glorified God/man in heaven!

But JOhn 1:1 shows the deity of Christ.

2 Cor. 3:17 shows the Holy Spirit is God!

And many of teh names of God in the OT are plural requiring two or more

Elohim, Adonai are olural and they are the most common terms for God!

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Long, drawn out explanations can't make Jesus' description of what God consists of in the verse irrelevant.

Says you but the Scriptures and the language prove otherwise!

1+1+1=1?

How can that be?

More like 1X1X1=1

Teh Father is called God
The Son is called God
The Spirit is called God. That is bible.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BARNEY BRIGHT said:
The Trinity is a secret doctrine. The doctrine isn't in the scriptures.

A very wide open for all to see Doctrine. From other posts, I assume you are a Jehovahs Witness.

Are you open to a biblical discussion or will you just escape back to the watchtower, awake and book teachings in stead of the Bible.

janc2

Aug 22, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
More like 1X1X1=1

Teh Father is called God
The Son is called God
God is only one, and he has begotten a son. That's all. One God, one son. Not three gods. Just one God and one son. Do you understand me? One and not three. One means 1.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is only one, and he has begotten a son. That's all. One God, one son. Not three gods. Just one God and one son. Do you understand me? One and not three. One means 1.

Well the godhead is ONE! But when you look at the word on ein Hebrew, you see it is the compound one! Adonai means Lords, Elohim means Gods

and in the Shema Hear O Israel, the Jehovah our Gods is a compound one God! Jesus and the spirit existed from all eternity past!

janc2

Aug 22, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well the godhead is ONE! But when you look at the word on ein Hebrew, you see it is the compound one! Adonai means Lords, Elohim means Gods

and in the Shema Hear O Israel, the Jehovah our Gods is a compound one God! Jesus and the spirit existed from all eternity past!
Adonai means my lord and Elohim can also be singular, for God made Moses to a Elohim for the King of Egypt. And if the Messiah is God, how can it be that he increased in wisdom.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We JW are not going to discourage studying the Bible with someone. If you wish to see that in a negative light, so be it. I however will not discourage studying the scriptures with someone.
Look Barney.

Every religion has a secret doctrine it seems, including JW's.

For instance, paying tithe is a secret doctrine.

I am coming clean with it as a secret false doctrine.

You need to introduce yourself as a follower of Michael the Archangel AKA 'Jesus".

Not Jesus, AKA Michael...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is not what Scripture says! As to Jesus being mediator, yes He is the glorified God/man in heaven!

But JOhn 1:1 shows the deity of Christ.

2 Cor. 3:17 shows the Holy Spirit is God!

And many of teh names of God in the OT are plural requiring two or more

Elohim, Adonai are olural and they are the most common terms for God!

Says you but the Scriptures and the language prove otherwise!

More like 1X1X1=1

Teh Father is called God
The Son is called God
Wait!...You just explained God as a self mediator.

Like an attorney who is also the Judge in the case.

Role playing God.

Yikes!

Reactions: user