Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look Barney.

Every religion has a secret doctrine it seems, including JW's.

For instance, paying tithe is a secret doctrine.

I am coming clean with it as a secret false doctrine.

You need to introduce yourself as a follower of Michael the Archangel AKA 'Jesus".

Not Jesus, AKA Michael...

I don't believe the scriptures or true christianity has secret doctrines. 2Timothy 3:16.17 are very clear that the scriptures give you everything you need to know the truth about God and how he is going to undo everything Satan has done. There are no secret doctrines concerning that.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the godhead is ONE! But when you look at the word on ein Hebrew, you see it is the compound one! Adonai means Lords, Elohim means Gods

and in the Shema Hear O Israel, the Jehovah our Gods is a compound one God! Jesus and the spirit existed from all eternity past!

The term "Compound One" or "Compound Unity" is an invented term, of dubious origin, to liken GOD to a bunch of grapes! A bunch of grapes, they say, may be comprised of many grapes while actually being a single bunch. And from there make ridiculous false claim that in Deut 6:4 means the trinity!

This "Compound Unity theory", is a bit like trying to compare apples with oranges! And it doesn’t fit at all with the "Trinitarian" creeds. A bunch can be separated into individual grapes, (substances) and once separated, cannot ever be put back together! Anyone familiar with the Athanasian and Nicene creeds knows that among traditional "Trinitarians", this comparison would be regarded as quite unacceptable! The God of the "Trinitarian" creeds is ONE INDIVISIBLE SUBSTANCE ("ESSENCE" in the older versions of the Athanasian Creed) which cannot be separated into individual components!

Israel had just ONE LORD according to Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God is ONE LORD:" (Not two ... not three ... ONE!).

To assert that God is actually a plurality of three separate and distinct "persons" who are co-equal, co-eternal and co-existent with one another, either portrays three individual "persons" of Deity like three members making up one family/household, OR portrays God as being one "person" with three "heads" - either of which is about as pagan and polytheistic as you can get.

God Bless!

Reactions: BGR

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe the scriptures or true christianity has secret doctrines. 2Timothy 3:16.17 are very clear that the scriptures give you everything you need to know the truth about God and how he is going to undo everything Satan has done. There are no secret doctrines concerning that.
First century doctrine had no secrets. It is all there for us to read.

20th and 21st century doctrines are full of secrets, and folks must be "softened up" to be taught them.

Reactions: mjrhealth and user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

20th and 21st century doctrines are full of secrets, and folks must be "softened up" to be taught them.

Amen! To hear some people's slide ruler explanations on this subject, it would take having a law degree and library full of books, commentaries and research material for anyone to understand the Bible, and that's just NOT the case. Peter, James and John were not highly educated men, but they turned their world upside down for Jesus. The Bible is NOT complicated. People are complicated, especially those who have been educated beyond their intelligence and/or have been complicated beyond repair.

God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! To hear some people's slide ruler explanations on this subject, it would take having a law degree and library full of books, commentaries and research material for anyone to understand the Bible, and that's just NOT the case. Peter, James and John were not highly educated men, but they turned their world upside down for Jesus. The Bible is NOT complicated. People are complicated, especially those who have been educated beyond their intelligence and/or have been complicated beyond repair.

God Bless!
Amen. Excellent post.
The Bible is a first century book written to and about first century thinkers.

Folks have made merchandise of it by complicating it for the average reader with mass commentary.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. Excellent post.
The Bible is a first century book written to and about first century thinkers.

Folks have made merchandise of it by complicating it for the average reader with mass commentary.
Are you implying the Bible is obsolete?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adonai means my lord and Elohim can also be singular, for God made Moses to a Elohim for the King of Egypt. And if the Messiah is God, how can it be that he increased in wisdom.

Adonai means my "lords" Adonai is plural for "Adon". And the Singular for Elohim is eloah!

it is very simply how and why Jesus grew in wisdom and knowledge.

Two verses sum this up completely:

Phil 2:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

He emptied himself and took on the body of man.

Then:

Hebrews 4:15
King James Version

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

He learned so He could be a merciful priest.

janc2

Aug 22, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Adonai means my "lords" Adonai is plural for "Adon". And the Singular for Elohim is eloah!

it is very simply how and why Jesus grew in wisdom and knowledge.

Two verses sum this up completely:

Phil 2:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

He emptied himself and took on the body of man.

Then:

Hebrews 4:15
King James Version

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

He learned so He could be a merciful priest.
Adonai means "my lord" and not lords, adon means only "lord".
And he was and is in the form of God because he is the son of God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait!...You just explained God as a self mediator.

Like an attorney who is also the Judge in the case.

Role playing God.

Yikes!

Your concept is incorrect.

Jesus (God the Son) is the mediator between man and God the Father. Different people but equally divine!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe your Bible has secret doctrines in it My Bible doesn't and when some religion tries to teach me something I have show me in the scriptures.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adonai means "my lord" and not lords, adon means only "lord".
And he was and is in the form of God because he is the son of God.

Incorrect!

My Lord in Hebrew is "adown" as shown in Psalm 110
Adonai is "my Lords" look up any onlione hebrew/english dictionary and you shall see.

He was in teh form of god because He is God. Just as it says inJOhn 1:1

janc2

Aug 22, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Incorrect!

Adonai is "my Lords" look up any onlione hebrew/english dictionary and you shall see.

He was in teh form of god because He is God. Just as it says inJOhn 1:1
I agree, he is God but not the Father. He is God because he is the literal son of him. But he is under the father.
And no, Adonai means my lord and not lords.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus (God the Son) is the mediator between man and God the Father. Different people but equally divine!

You may wish to do a word search for "God the Son" (which you so willfully throw out there).

Let's start with something that is actually written in the Word of God.

"God the Father"
12 verses found

Yep that is in there, now to your indoctrinated assertion...

"God the Son"
0 verses found

Sorry, it's just not in there.

"God the Holy Ghost"
0 verses found

"God the Holy Spirit"
0 verses found

Reactions: BGR

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term "Compound One" or "Compound Unity" is an invented term, of dubious origin, to liken GOD to a bunch of grapes! A bunch of grapes, they say, may be comprised of many grapes while actually being a single bunch. And from there make ridiculous false claim that in Deut 6:4 means the trinity!

This "Compound Unity theory", is a bit like trying to compare apples with oranges! And it doesn’t fit at all with the "Trinitarian" creeds. A bunch can be separated into individual grapes, (substances) and once separated, cannot ever be put back together! Anyone familiar with the Athanasian and Nicene creeds knows that among traditional "Trinitarians", this comparison would be regarded as quite unacceptable! The God of the "Trinitarian" creeds is ONE INDIVISIBLE SUBSTANCE ("ESSENCE" in the older versions of the Athanasian Creed) which cannot be separated into individual components!

Israel had just ONE LORD according to Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God is ONE LORD:" (Not two ... not three ... ONE!).

To assert that God is actually a plurality of three separate and distinct "persons" who are co-equal, co-eternal and co-existent with one another, either portrays three individual "persons" of Deity like three members making up one family/household, OR portrays God as being one "person" with three "heads" - either of which is about as pagan and polytheistic as you can get.

God Bless!

Well you err because you only look at teh English!

Deuteronomy 6:4 literally reads "Hear O Israel, the Lord your Gods are a compound one"

See it is YHWH you Elohim (plural) And in Hebrew there are two nouns for the word one; Yachid and echad. Echad is used when you have a compound one. An example. The Smiths live at 6 anywhere street. there is a father, Mother, and four children. Yet they are ONE family not six.

The Father is called God, The son is called god, and The spirit is called God. They are all true God and they are not the same person as the modalist heresy says. they are three unique and distinct individuals who all share the same essence- absolute Deity. that is why Jesus said "If you see me you see the Father" and I and the Father are one.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may wish to do a word search for "God the Son" (which you so willfully throw out there).

Let's start with something that is actually written in the Word of God.

"God the Father"
12 verses found

Yep that is in there, now to your indoctrinated assertion...

"God the Son"
0 verses found

Sorry, it's just not in there.

"God the Holy Ghost"
0 verses found

"God the Holy Spirit"
0 verses found

Well you are correct in that you won't find those phrases there, but that is just simply nit picking taken to a whole new level!

But the Father is called God and also Father so there is absolutely 0 harm in calling Him God the Father
Jesus is called God and also called Son (as well as YHWH in IS.) So there is absolutely 0 harm is calling Him the Son of God and God the Son.
The Holy Spirit is also called God so there is absolutely 0 harm in calling Him God the Holy Spirit!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe your Bible has secret doctrines in it My Bible doesn't and when some religion tries to teach me something I have show me in the scriptures.

Well if you are using the New Word Translation, you are correct in calling it your Bioble, for it is definitely not GodsWord. It has been deliberately and intentionally altered by man to promote doctrines that are not of god.

Reactions: kcnalp

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

'adown
pronounced: aw-done' Noun Masculine

Definition
  1. firm, strong, lord, master
    1. lord, master
      1. reference to men 1a
    2. superintendent of household,of affairs 1a
    3. master 1a
    4. king
      1. reference to God 1a
    5. the Lord God 1a
    6. Lord of the whole earth

The KJV translates Strong's H113 in the following manner: lord

aw-done' Noun Masculine
Definition
  1. firm, strong, lord, master
    1. lord, master
      1. reference to men 1a
    2. superintendent of household,of affairs 1a
    3. master 1a
    4. king
      1. reference to God 1a
    5. the Lord God 1a
    6. Lord of the whole earth

Sorry, but you stand in error.

God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But if God became a man, then God mediates unto Himself...unless Jesus is not a part of the Godhead.

Can't have both.