Should BLM Be Taught In Schools?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should BLM Be Taught In Schools?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • It just depends

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok... I had to look that up... being from Canada... many of these terms are foreign to me... Is that accurate??

lib•er•ta•ri•an lĭb″ər-târ′ē-ən

• n.
    One who advocates maximizing individual rights and minimizing the role of the state.
  • n.
    One who believes in free will.

• Of or pertaining to liberty, or to the doctrine of the freedom of the will (especially in an extreme form), as opposed to the doctrine of necessity; advocating the doctrine of free will: opposed to necessitarian.
From one Canadian to another, "I think so, eh!" lol Hi from Brantford. :)

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From one Canadian to another, "I think so, eh!" lol Hi from Brantford. :)
Bad on me for assuming that you were American... I did not even look.... I am north of you...

Well.. you and I are certainly going to be at odds with regards to things... but that is ok... I am NOT a libertarian in the least.
I do not vote... never have and never will...

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BLM is all about Critical Race Theory.
Now a lot of people aren't familiar with this promoted by a professor named Bell.

But we have fought a world war because of an ideal similar... called Marxism.

Critical Race Theory is just rebranded Marxism...aka Nazi. The only difference is that instead of white people being more special and the "Superior Race" it is now black people who are the superior race.

In the far East they would be more fond of Asian People Matter brand of Marxism.

But... ALL People Matter. Skin pigmentation or Nation heritage isn't exactly relevant in who is superior to who.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Justice is His name. Justice and BLM have little to nothing in common. BTW, did I mention that I'm a libertarian, just left of center. Just wanted to make sure you knew where I was coming from. Two men I have considered friends: Neil, whose parents are from India, and Hussein, whose parents are from Pakistan. Beautiful people. Great food, too! :)

I do believe there are 2 sides to BLM though. There are people there for the right reasons, the genuine BLM, and there are also people there for the wrong reasons, just to stir up trouble. I believe kids should be taught the real issues, BLM is not just a group of protestors, "Black lives matter" is also a statement, as I mentioned there were actually real issues throughout history, there were times in history where black people did not seem to matter, they weren't allowed to vote, they weren't allowed to go to the same schools as Caucasians, they weren't allowed work in many jobs, and very many were massacred only a few hundred years ago.

And with certain job positions, it's only in recent years, where black people have been able to rise up to positions, where they were not able to before.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do believe there are 2 sides to BLM though. There are people there for the right reasons, the genuine BLM, and there are also people there for the wrong reasons, just to stir up trouble. I believe kids should be taught the real issues, BLM is not just a group of protestors, "Black lives matter" is also a statement, as I mentioned there were actually real issues throughout history, there were times in history where black people did not seem to matter, they weren't allowed to vote, they weren't allowed to go to the same schools as Caucasians, they weren't allowed work in many jobs, and very many were massacred only a few hundred years ago.
ABSOLUTELY... This issue is LONG over due to being dealt with ONCE and for all... I was shocked to realize and understand that it is even a problem in Canada.... I think for far too long it has been seen ONLY as an issue in the DEEP south of the United States.

Reactions: Josho

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ABSOLUTELY... This issue is LONG over due to being dealt with ONCE and for all... I was shocked to realize and understand that it is even a problem in Canada.... I think for far too long it has been seen ONLY as an issue in the DEEP south of the United Stat.
I agree, what’s sad is that I grew up in a very diverse neighborhood, I had white, black, Latino friends etc.. My best friend was from Puerto Rico. This was in the 70s, we didn’t see colors, we saw kids our own age and could not have cared less about our heritage. Unfortunately there are horrible racists and anti Semitic people who are reprobates.
ALL lives matter to Almighty God!

Reactions: April_Rose

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree, what’s sad is that I grew up in a very diverse neighborhood, I had white, black, Latino friends etc.. My best friend was from Puerto Rico. This was in the 70s, we didn’t see colors, we saw kids our own age and could not have cared less about our heritage. Unfortunately there are horrible racists and anti Semitic people who are reprobates.
ALL lives matter to Almighty God!
I grew up the same... I LOVE cultures... I love the different foods... and the different languages. All lives DO MATTER to God... and when it's all over... those who have suffered because of their colour will be justly rewarded for their pain. Nothing goes unseen by God and that is how I cope with and rectify the evils of the world.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't find the video that mentioned it now but I saw that some guy was upset because it was being taught in his child's classroom. I guess it just matters the context since I think that people should definitely be aware of how wrong it is and the fact that it's a terrorist organization.

NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!

We should be teaching that all lives matter in schools. that way we don't have to think about any ethnic group- for they will automatically matter!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And with certain job positions, it's only in recent years, where black people have been able to rise up to positions, where they were not able to before.

That was then and this is now. I think BLM is a marxist change agent, pure and simple. BLM is today's brown shirts, though neither as organized nor as proficient as the originals were. But if given time, they'll catch up.

That's what should be taught in school.

Much love!

Reactions: BobVance

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Black lives matter" is also a statement, as I mentioned there were actually real issues throughout history, there were times in history where black people did not seem to matter, they weren't allowed to vote, they weren't allowed to go to the same schools as Caucasians, they weren't allowed work in many jobs, and very many were massacred only a few hundred years ago.

Many nations have enslaved large populations for long periods of time. The record, if memory serves, was the Slavs, who were caucasian. And from whom we get the word slave.

Black slavery in America, which I'll never defend of course, still, let's look at what really happened. Black people in Africa captured and sold other black people in Africa. To their shame, some in America bought those slaves. Black people in Africa were selling black people from Africa into slavery.

Ohio State University history professor Robert Davis states that most modern historians minimize the white slave trade. Davis estimates that slave traders from Tunis, Algiers, and Tripoli alone enslaved 1 million to 1.25 million Europeans in North Africa, from the beginning of the 16th century to the middle of the 18th (these numbers do not include the European people who were enslaved by Morocco and by other raiders and traders of the Mediterranean Sea coast).[3][page needed] Roughly 700 Americans were held captive in this region as slaves between 1785 and 1815.[4] However, to extrapolate his numbers, Davis assumes the number of European slaves captured by Barbary pirates remained roughly constant for a 250-year period, stating:

Barbary slave trade - Wikipedia

Maybe this should be taught in schools also?

Much love!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m so tired of all this race stuff. The people who only see race have a problem, a racists problem. Doesn’t matter what color you are. Melanin doesn’t matter. If you want to embrace victim mentality then join BLM and hate away. But God would rather us rise above the hate and love each other. People need the victor attitude not the victim attitude. And the hate for the police? Defund the police? Crime skyrocketed in the cities that defunded police. Well duh... No we do not need BLM taught in schools. Indoctrination has already made a whole generation of youth into woke thought police.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BLM's website stated quite clearly that they promoted Critical Race Theory which is a form of Marxism...meaning that you are automatically guilty if you are white. It doesn't matter whether you have engaged in racism or not...or even gone out of your way to promote racial harmony...you are still guilty and need to pay for your "crime" of being white.

Reactions: BobVance

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m so tired of all this race stuff. The people who only see race have a problem, a racists problem. Doesn’t matter what color you are. Melanin doesn’t matter. If you want to embrace victim mentality then join BLM and hate away. But God would rather us rise above the hate and love each other. People need the victor attitude not the victim attitude. And the hate for the police? Defund the police? Crime skyrocketed in the cities that defunded police. Well duh... No we do not need BLM taught in schools. Indoctrination has already made a whole generation of youth into woke thought police.

I talked to one of the kids rioting in Oregon last year. They're all still there and still rioting all of the time. It had nothing to do with the election and still has nothing to do with it. That's what we thought it was about. Nope.

Anyway, he explained to me what they're doing. He said they're protesting every night and stirring things up in order to suck up the city's funding and wipe them out clean.

I think that nobody can afford to be out on the streets every single night without someone behind it- or any of this stuff, and if you can't get away with attacking a country from the outside without extreme consequences, they will do it from the inside.

"We will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the U.S. We will destroy you from within." - Nikita Khrushchev

Reactions: Mantis

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think history should be taught in school, but not a tarnished version. So the whole issue of how people treat others in the past and culturally what happened and why, what changed. Sadly , and I do not mean this in an insulting way, but many Americans don’t want to see the failings of its past and how it impacted. Racism existed and still exists in every society whether we want to see it or not. It’s a human problem, but so many just want to shut their eyes to it because it means admitting that everything is not perfect. I don’t think any group should be promoted in schools, but maybe why and how things developed should be.
Before anyone adds ‘ but your British ect ect ..’ We have an awful history , we did terrible things, we haven’t and don’t get things right, racism exists here. However we also have groups of people who claim to be fighting for a cause when the reality is that they simply want to create anarchy and have an excuse to fight and create problems.
Older children ( I mean 16-18 year olds ) should be educated about things within society, but it needs to be in context and in an informed way, not to promote, but to understand.
Rita

I absolutely one hundred percent agree Rita. Again, it just matters what exactly they're teaching about BLM as to whether or not they should be teaching it in my book.

Highly unlikely!

What makes you say that? Do you have any kids or grandkids in school to prove that theory?

Clearly you are mixed up my friend. The group black lives matter is basically making a statement that they're the only ones that matter and nobody else or their property does.

NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!

We should be teaching that all lives matter in schools. that way we don't have to think about any ethnic group- for they will automatically matter!

What if they're teaching that the Black Lives Matter is a negative thing though? It seems like most everybody in this thread is jumping to conclusions. :/

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely one hundred percent agree Rita. Again, it just matters what exactly they're teaching about BLM as to whether or not they should be teaching it in my book.

What makes you say that? Do you have any kids or grandkids in school to prove that theory?

Clearly you are mixed up my friend. The group black lives matter is basically making a statement that they're the only ones that matter and nobody else or their property does.

What if they're teaching that the Black Lives Matter is a negative thing though? It seems like most everybody in this thread is jumping to conclusions. :/

Three school teachers in the family say it’s all about “White Guilt “. That’s why I said highly unlikely.