Should BLM Be Taught In Schools?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should BLM Be Taught In Schools?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • It just depends

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't find the video that mentioned it now but I saw that some guy was upset because it was being taught in his child's classroom. I guess it just matters the context since I think that people should definitely be aware of how wrong it is and the fact that it's a terrorist organization.

Reactions: BobVance

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There's a simpler way.
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. That teaches that black lives matter.
Have no respect of persons. That teaches that you favor no-one above anyone else.
KJV Matthew 7:1
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Do not think yourself better than other men, and set yourself up as their judge. Since you cannot discern motive, you are incapable of judging another. In criticizing him, you are passing sentence upon yourself; for you show that you are a participant with Satan, the accuser of the brethren. The Lord says, “Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.” This is our work. “If we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.” 2 Corinthians 13:5; 1 Corinthians 11:31.
Teach these lessons and all men, of whatever color, whatever religious background, whatever ethnicity, even whatever gender, will still complain because you aren't favoring them above others. And you are forcing religion down their throats.
Thing is, you can introduce the most inspired perfect teaching on the planet and those who believe they deserve more for any reason will complain. Look what happened to the one who taught the above.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think history should be taught in school, but not a tarnished version. So the whole issue of how people treat others in the past and culturally what happened and why, what changed. Sadly , and I do not mean this in an insulting way, but many Americans don’t want to see the failings of its past and how it impacted. Racism existed and still exists in every society whether we want to see it or not. It’s a human problem, but so many just want to shut their eyes to it because it means admitting that everything is not perfect. I don’t think any group should be promoted in schools, but maybe why and how things developed should be.
Before anyone adds ‘ but your British ect ect ..’ We have an awful history , we did terrible things, we haven’t and don’t get things right, racism exists here. However we also have groups of people who claim to be fighting for a cause when the reality is that they simply want to create anarchy and have an excuse to fight and create problems.
Older children ( I mean 16-18 year olds ) should be educated about things within society, but it needs to be in context and in an informed way, not to promote, but to understand.
Rita

Reactions: April_Rose and Addy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't find the video that mentioned it now but I saw that some guy was upset because it was being taught in his child's classroom. I guess it just matters the context since I think that people should definitely be aware of how wrong it is and the fact that it's a terrorist organization.
All lives matter. Emphasising colour is not different to emphasising size. What sort of a message would be heard if one said, thin people matter, or short people matter or to push it even further, educated people matter.

Look around you and see how many categories men put man into. Evil wants you to lock onto one, then it has a field day while each side feels justified in what they have locked on to.

The Gospel calls all to being the sons and daughters of God equally and to our chastisement, those we consider the least.

Reactions: April_Rose

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me they were destroying buildings and businesses.
Liberals seem to have amnesia about last summer's riots, but they won't hesitate to mention the siege that took place at the Capitol on January 6th. During the summer of destruction in 2020, BLM and Antifa were coddled. Portland allowed them to set up an autonomous zone in the middle of the city for months, and politicians there did NOTHING! In cities run by liberals, politicians told cops to back off and pushed for more lawbreakers to be released without bail or no charges. What a pathetic display of leadership!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and I have noticed that those who are affiliated with the Republican party have taken to USING the summer riots.... to absolutely excuse and minimize the horrific crime that took place at the Capital on January 6th. What happened at the Capital was an absolute assault of an angry MOB. It was also a sign that America has lost control. Using one BAD incident to minimize the severity of another is a really poor argument.

I have also noticed that even though the majority of those who broke into the Capital were INDEED Trump supporters of various groups.... this fact is continuously denied and blamed on Antifa and BLM.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The first one to vote yes, I think it's important for kids to learn the wrongs of history, there was a time in history right around the world, where many people were murdered just because of the colour of their skin.

But so should they be taught about other injustices that have happened, and some that's still happening today, just look at what's happening with the Uyghurs or Christians in Iran... Or look at India or Pakistan, the way some people are treated. Or even the way some Asians are treated with disrespect in Western nations, the new Asian lives matter movement needs to be bigger I reckon.

Smh

Reactions: April_Rose

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and I have noticed that those who are affiliated with the Republican party have taken to USING the summer riots.... to absolutely excuse and minimize the horrific crime that took place at the Capital on January 6th. What happened at the Capital was an absolute assault of an angry MOB. It was also a sign that America has lost control. Using one BAD incident to minimize the severity of another is a really poor argument.

I have also noticed that even though the majority of those who broke into the Capital were INDEED Trump supporters of various groups.... this fact is continuously denied and blamed on Antifa and BLM.
Personally, I condemn the destruction that took place in the summer of 2020 and the siege that took place at the Capitol on January 6th. Using one bad incident to minimize the severity of another is a really poor argument, yet I've seen it done over and over again by liberals. I'm a member of another Christian forum that is crawling with liberals (and atheists) in the political threads and all they do is talk about the siege that took place at the Capitol on January 6th to discredit Trump and Trump supporters, while conveniently sweeping the destruction that took place in the summer of 2020 under the rug.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Personally, I condemn the destruction that took place in the summer of 2020 and the siege that took place at the Capitol on January 6th. Using one bad incident to minimize the severity of another is a really poor argument,
I absolutely AGREE with you... all violence is to be condemned. I also understand that political games are at play... but there doesn't seem to be a side that is better than the other with regards to BEHAVIOUR.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The first one to vote yes, I think it's important for kids to learn the wrongs of history, there was a time in history right around the world, where many people were murdered just because of the colour of their skin.

But so should they be taught about other injustices that have happened, and some that's still happening today, just look at what's happening with the Uyghurs or Christians in Iran... Or look at India or Pakistan, the way some people are treated. Or even the way some Asians are treated with disrespect in Western nations, the new Asian lives matter movement needs to be bigger I reckon.

Smh
Justice is His name. Justice and BLM have little to nothing in common. BTW, did I mention that I'm a libertarian, just left of center. Just wanted to make sure you knew where I was coming from. Two men I have considered friends: Neil, whose parents are from India, and Hussein, whose parents are from Pakistan. Beautiful people. Great food, too! :)

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
did I mention that I'm a libertarian,
Ok... I had to look that up... being from Canada... many of these terms are foreign to me... Is that accurate??

lib•er•ta•ri•an lĭb″ər-târ′ē-ən

• n.
    One who advocates maximizing individual rights and minimizing the role of the state.
  • n.
    One who believes in free will.

• Of or pertaining to liberty, or to the doctrine of the freedom of the will (especially in an extreme form), as opposed to the doctrine of necessity; advocating the doctrine of free will: opposed to necessitarian.