Should Christian parents trust their children’s education to public schools?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe in home education

• Yes I do believe in Home education

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No, I do not believe in Home education

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Not that worried one way or the other.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I would leave that choice to my child

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have said before. Not all of us can homeschool our children.

I know that and not all can afford Christian schools. And sometimes that is just that.
But sometimes you have to reassess what you can afford and how to accommodate it.

A child that grows up to be a drug user can cost you more in the long run. Families can be torn apart by it and it can ruin your child's life....even end it. All the while Public Schools condone drugs indirectly. Why? Public schools are a reflection of society...drug use, atheism, tolerance to LGBTQ and cancel culture beliefs. Belittling those that do not believe in such things and promoting all that as "progressive" smart and socially acceptable.

The public schools are turning violent and they coddle those that are behind it.
Now they are pushing LGBTQ tolerance and gender reassignment in elementary school.
So a public schools in the long run can cost you everything.

Reactions: Brakelite

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that and not all can afford Christian schools. And sometimes that is just that.
But sometimes you have to reassess what you can afford and how to accommodate it.

A child that grows up to be a drug user can cost you more in the long run. Families can be torn apart by it and it can ruin your child's life....even end it. All the while Public Schools condone drugs indirectly.
Evidence?
Why? Public schools are a reflection of society...drug use, atheism, tolerance to LGBTQ and cancel culture beliefs. Belittling those that do not believe in such things and promoting all that as "progressive" smart and socially acceptable.

The public schools are turning violent and they coddle those that are behind it.
Evidence
Now they are pushing LGBTQ tolerance
Yes, how can you expect to train your children to hate minorities if the schools go around saying that minorities are just people?
and gender reassignment in elementary school.
Well that is a huge lie.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evidence?

Evidence

Yes, how can you expect to train your children to hate minorities if the schools go around saying that minorities are just people?

Well that is a huge lie.
Evidence? Reality is pretty much the answer for all of that.
Hating minorities? What minorities? Hate? You are not making a sense.

and gender reassignment in elementary school. Well that is a huge lie.
Your post is just silly.
All over the news!!! You are going to have to look some of this up yourself.....put some sunglasses on and come out from underneath the rock. Assigning me homework about things that are common knowledge just shows you are not paying attention. I went a head and provided this for people on the forum....but I am not your tutor.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your post is just silly.
All over the news!!! You are going to have to look some of this up yourself.....put some sunglasses on and come out from underneath the rock.
You're talking to a brick wall that doesn't listen. TinMan is about as Leftist as it gets. He is pro baby genocide and rejects the Bible. I asked him why he's here but he won't answer.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A child that grows up to be a drug user can cost you more in the long run. Families can be torn apart by it and it can ruin your child's life....even end it. All the while Public Schools condone drugs indirectly. Why? Public schools are a reflection of society...drug use, atheism, tolerance to LGBTQ and cancel culture beliefs. Belittling those that do not believe in such things and promoting all that as "progressive" smart and socially acceptable.

Now they are pushing LGBTQ tolerance and gender reassignment in elementary school.
So a public schools in the long run can cost you everything.

I have yet to see my kid's public school pushing gender reassignment in their education and they are both in elementary school. I am fine with them teaching kids that LGBTQ people are people and they should never commit acts of violence against them. I know plenty of kids just out of public school, 4 being my own and none will touch drugs.

I cannot afford Christian schools or homeschooling. My children will remain in public schools.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're talking to a brick wall that doesn't listen. TinMan is about as Leftist as it gets. He is pro baby genocide and rejects the Bible. I asked him why he's here but he won't answer.
That is why I posted few articles....tip of the iceberg on all the leftist communists stuff being taught to our children.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have yet to see any pushing of LGBTQ tolerance or reassignment in my children's public school education and they are both in elementary school. I know plenty of kids just out of public school, 4 being my own and none will touch drugs.

I cannot afford Christian schools or homeschooling. My children will remain in public schools.
Homeschooling is dirt cheap. You can't afford that?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evidence? Reality is pretty much the answer for all of that.
So no evidence at all.
Hating minorities? What minorities? Hate? You are not making a sense.

Your post is just silly.
All over the news!!! You are going to have to look some of this up yourself.....put some sunglasses on and come out from underneath the rock. Assigning me homework about things that are common knowledge just shows you are not paying attention. I went a head and provided this for people on the forum....but I am not your tutor.

There is no mandate as claimed in the headline. Fox news lying...what are the odds?

further remember you claimed that schools were "pushing" gender reassignment in elementary school.
This opinion piece...and it is just an opinion piece manages to ignore science. The author apparently doesn't understand that transgender is not the same thing as gender dysphoria.

She mangles a paper reviewing studies on gender dysphoria...not transgenderism... "Transgender individuals process the sex hormones estrogen and androgen differently from other people. Exeter University researchers say gender dysphoria is caused by Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, in which “the testosterone receptor is mutated and faulty, and thus cannot function.”"
But that isn't what the study says: "This disparity in genetic influences relates to an increased likelihood of a diagnosis of GD. An investigation into complete androgen insensitivity syndrome, involving androgen receptor (AR) gene mutation, suggests that such individuals also experience GD." individuals with androgen insensitivity may experience gender dysphoria and may not. Androgen insensitivity doesn't case gender dysphoria.
Teaching what gender identity is ....is not pushing gender reassignment.
can't access
According to your own link she didn't loose custody. She signed over full custody to the child's father.
She went to court to get custody back but the child in question testified that they didn't want to go because they are not safe
Well...the parents in question were abusive. The child was referred to as a "bitch"
they acknowledged that their child had an eating disorder and they had known this for over a year but had not sought any form of treatment.
They removed the child from school but did nothing about the educational needs

Abusive parents often loose custody of their children.

See above
see above

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False, i said because I choose to be here and i am allowed to be here.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So no evidence at all.

There is no mandate as claimed in the headline. Fox news lying...what are the odds?

further remember you claimed that schools were "pushing" gender reassignment in elementary school.

This opinion piece...and it is just an opinion piece manages to ignore science. The author apparently doesn't understand that transgender is not the same thing as gender dysphoria.

She mangles a paper reviewing studies on gender dysphoria...not transgenderism... "Transgender individuals process the sex hormones estrogen and androgen differently from other people. Exeter University researchers say gender dysphoria is caused by Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, in which “the testosterone receptor is mutated and faulty, and thus cannot function.”"
But that isn't what the study says: "This disparity in genetic influences relates to an increased likelihood of a diagnosis of GD. An investigation into complete androgen insensitivity syndrome, involving androgen receptor (AR) gene mutation, suggests that such individuals also experience GD." individuals with androgen insensitivity may experience gender dysphoria and may not. Androgen insensitivity doesn't case gender dysphoria.

Teaching what gender identity is ....is not pushing gender reassignment.

can't access

According to your own link she didn't loose custody. She signed over full custody to the child's father.
She went to court to get custody back but the child in question testified that they didn't want to go because they are not safe

Well...the parents in question were abusive. The child was referred to as a "bitch"
they acknowledged that their child had an eating disorder and they had known this for over a year but had not sought any form of treatment.
They removed the child from school but did nothing about the educational needs

Abusive parents often loose custody of their children.

See above

see above
Crawl back under your rock.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False, i said because I choose to be here and i am allowed to be here.
This is a "Christian" forum. You are pro baby genocide and anti Bible. You're here to attack our Bible! But there may still be hope for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a "Christian" forum. You are pro baby genocide and anti Bible. You're here to attack our Bible! But there may still be hope for you!
yes it is that is why i choose to be here and why I am allowed to be here

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've been to schools including a secular school, a Christian school and an Elitist school.

My impression was that the secular school was well structured; the Christian school was very engaging; and the Elitist school was challenging.

I don't see why you can't do a little of each.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack

In days gone by:

The Bible was a school staple.

The community built the schools, raised funds for the books.

The parents of children attending schools paid the teachers salary.

The “school board” was a panel of “parents” whose children were students in attendance.

The parents personally KNEW the teachers.

The parents personally KNEW, Decided and APPROVED the curriculum.

The purpose of SCHOOLS were ACADEMICS, for life skills preparation.

Sports were a play-ground activity mid-school “mind” session breaks for physical movements.

Missing a day of school was primarily to help with planting, harvesting.

Child “labor” was a moot term. Rather a “family” learning, participating, in taking care of their own, with the father, the head-master and the mother in agreement.

As in Federal and State Laws….words, phrases in common use among the population at large are Often, given a “LEGAL” definition…(per a law), that typically changes the definition from “common to legal”, when discussing that “word or term”, with a govt official.

For example the phrase “homeschool” in most states DOES have a legal meaning, such as: agreeing to school a child at home…
ACCORDING TO (a curriculum) the state “school board” of education has “decided and chosen”….ie THEY decide and OVERSEE and can LEGALLY decide if the parent is suitable, complying, etc.

School at home…is NOT a legal term.
It can get “sticky” depending, IF and “WHO” the parent IS having a discussion about “schooling their child at home”.
And while I am in favor of children being schooled at home according to the Parents choice AND curriculum….
(Don’t expect anyone else to PAY for your choice…like should be in all things!)
IF a child IS “enrolled” in a public school…
NEVER skip the process OF “UN-enrolling” the child. (And be prepared for a plethora of questions….(not their business)….don’t answer your reasons, intents, plan.
It is a parent exercising their right…but no need to start a verbal storm.

Current public schools “systems” are dastardly, mentally unhealthy for Americas Children. Universities have their dastardly issues as well.

Glory to God,
Taken

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have yet to see my kid's public school pushing gender reassignment in their education and they are both in elementary school. I am fine with them teaching kids that LGBTQ people are people and they should never commit acts of violence against them. I know plenty of kids just out of public school, 4 being my own and none will touch drugs.

You are in Florida long after a lot of us worked to make Florida greater than #49 in the nation. I still suggest you stay on top of your kids education.

I liked the approach of Mr Melon's driver in "Back to School"
"I put my daughter through college. I put my son through a wall."

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack

In days gone by:

The Bible was a school staple.

The community built the schools, raised funds for the books.

The parents of children attending schools paid the teachers salary.

The “school board” was a panel of “parents” whose children were students in attendance.

The parents personally KNEW the teachers.

The parents personally KNEW, Decided and APPROVED the curriculum.

The purpose of SCHOOLS were ACADEMICS, for life skills preparation.

Sports were a play-ground activity mid-school “mind” session breaks for physical movements.

Missing a day of school was primarily to help with planting, harvesting.

Child “labor” was a moot term. Rather a “family” learning, participating, in taking care of their own, with the father, the head-master and the mother in agreement.

As in Federal and State Laws….words, phrases in common use among the population at large are Often, given a “LEGAL” definition…(per a law), that typically changes the definition from “common to legal”, when discussing that “word or term”, with a govt official.

For example the phrase “homeschool” in most states DOES have a legal meaning, such as: agreeing to school a child at home…
ACCORDING TO (a curriculum) the state “school board” of education has “decided and chosen”….ie THEY decide and OVERSEE and can LEGALLY decide if the parent is suitable, complying, etc.

School at home…is NOT a legal term.
It can get “sticky” depending, IF and “WHO” the parent IS having a discussion about “schooling their child at home”.
And while I am in favor of children being schooled at home according to the Parents choice AND curriculum….
(Don’t expect anyone else to PAY for your choice…like should be in all things!)
IF a child IS “enrolled” in a public school…
NEVER skip the process OF “UN-enrolling” the child. (And be prepared for a plethora of questions….(not their business)….don’t answer your reasons, intents, plan.
It is a parent exercising their right…but no need to start a verbal storm.

Current public schools “systems” are dastardly, mentally unhealthy for Americas Children. Universities have their dastardly issues as well.

Glory to God,
Taken
Well I live in SC and I know that many schools in my area still have preachers come in, and they pray and do other things long since removed from most schools.

Reactions: Taken