Should Christians Love Everyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Christians Love Everyone Regardless Of Anything?

• Absolutely Yes!

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No, Not Necessarily.

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know of anybody who thinks it is a physical object you can set on a table and handle with your hands

But it is true that anger can and often does over flow in to physical acts of destruction that caused people to die and property to be destroyed.
But as anger is not a thing as in an object, anger can’t rightfully be said to a cause. That’s saying anger is some thing, a cause.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anger can’t rightfully be said to a cause

Anger IS actually a cause of much bad behavior that spills over in to the physical world that gets people injured, killed and property destroyed.

People not having self control leads to much anger that is the cause of many bad things.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger IS actually a cause of much bad behavior that spills over in to the physical world that gets people injured, killed and property destroyed.

People not having self control leads to much anger that is the cause of many bad things.
That would be ignorance & blame (also an emotion, and also not a cause).

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, even the most sexually deprived, meth addict, who did some horrible things to his neighbor and even killed his wife.

God still loves them... who said he hates them?

While there is nothing wrong with reporting crimes that are being committed, Yahava, God still loves all people, otherwise he wouldn't have sent his son to pay for sin in order to save the world.

Reactions: Pearl

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be ignorance & blame (also an emotion, and also not a cause).

The person with the anger is responsible for their actions.... God is not mocked, what we sow is what we reap.

In other words, it doesn't matter if the person blames anger for their bad behavior... they are still responsible for what they do regardless of how or why they do it.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God still loves them... who said he hates them?

He did....

Psalm 11:5
The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Psalm 7:11

God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

If He loved sinner He would accept them as they are and just wink at, or ignore their sin.

No, salvation thru Jesus Christ is about belong delivered from sin as in STOP LIVING IN SIN!

awake_unto_righteousness.jpg

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Big Boy Johnson: Those Psalms are needed in context, sin by virtue of the bible itself, has been taken care of, praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ. To me I see your comment just a bit off, but alas people must decide for themselves.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While I think the Golden Proverb is close to applicable here, what is more applicable is the idea that "God has loved everyone, therefore we ought to love both men and God together"

The idea that we can do it on our own, is not accurate - it may bring the truth to light, but it is not accurate.

Reactions: MatthewG

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Should Christians who are taught to be forgiving and Loving to their neighbors and even bless our enemies and pray for them...so does that mean that we become passivists? Turn the other cheek? Be totally accepting to all?

I heard one time a guy say, one who turns the other cheek too far, gets it in the neck,,,and that makes sense to me, lol. So I voted no. Our fight is not with flesh and blood anyway, it is with principalities and powers, all types of evil spirits and demons. But that doesn't mean that you can not righteously defend yourself against an attack. When someone is trying to harm you or kill you is not the time to evangelize to them. They at least have to be a non-threat to be evangelized to. That's my way of thinking.

"Understand that the enemy is not the enemy in his own eyes. Remember this for it may offer you an opportunity to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate, and quickly."
Lazarus Long. (Robert Heinlein.)

What say ye? Because this is a dangerous time in history and everyone's television is screaming at them to...accept the gays, accept the immigrants, accept less rights, accept more control, be loving christians and accept accept accept, just like Jesus would do...

See the difference?
Matthew 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

have you forgotten that jesus is the one speaking here? then you are refusing his teachings by saying "No" and telling him i know more than you
what about it if you die while doing the teachings of christ? isn't that a good thing?
and do you really think that the demons can do anything against the will of God? God is with you while doing the teachings of christ what exactly are you afraid of?

and what do you mean by accept accept jesus already said to rebuke them if they are wrong accepting gay things are wrong so y r u going to accept them?

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The person with the anger is responsible for their actions.... God is not mocked, what we sow is what we reap.

In other words, it doesn't matter if the person blames anger for their bad behavior... they are still responsible for what they do regardless of how or why they do it.

This point is being without it.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Big Boy Johnson: Those Psalms are needed in context, sin by virtue of the bible itself, has been taken care of, praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ. To me I see your comment just a bit off, but alas people must decide for themselves.

You should see these scripture as the Lord has spoken them....They are in context... those that reject God are hated unless they repent and obey the Gospel.

Those that don't are choosing to reject God which by default is embracing satan as their father... which puts them on the highway to hell

Proverbs 8:17
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with God hating anyone today: I’ll stick to my looking at the Lord Jesus Christ, and his victory over death, hell, sin, and Satan.

I do not believe in sola scriptura either. As if those few scriptures are the reality to God hating people, cause that what it sounds like to me.

We can learn the while Gods wrath was against sin, that wrath was taken out upon Israel with the return of Jesus in Ad 70, for killing his Son.

Sometimes the scripture itself can cause a man or a woman to become a bigot. It’s because they are listening to scripture and not the spirit.

You may firmly disagree with me, it’s fine.

Thank you, BBJ.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should see these scripture as the Lord has spoken them....They are in context... those that reject God are hated unless they repent and obey the Gospel.

Those that don't are choosing to reject God which by default is embracing satan as their father... which puts them on the highway to hell

Proverbs 8:17
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Hatred is also an emotion.

The aim is love everyone. The reality is unwillingness to even acknowledge emotions.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

have you forgotten that jesus is the one speaking here? then you are refusing his teachings by saying "No" and telling him i know more than you
what about it if you die while doing the teachings of christ? isn't that a good thing?
and do you really think that the demons can do anything against the will of God? God is with you while doing the teachings of christ what exactly are you afraid of?

and what do you mean by accept accept jesus already said to rebuke them if they are wrong accepting gay things are wrong so y r u going to accept them?

You misundertood something somewhere because I dont accept the gays. No idea where you got that from.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You misundertood something somewhere because I dont accept the gays. No idea where you got that from.

As the whole of reality is accepted, denial is dispelled, and the kingdom is therein revealed.

Reactions: MA2444

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The aim is love everyone.

God doesn't love everyone... He loves those that love Him (Proverbs 8:17)

Yes, the Lord has provided a way for all people to have salvation and to come abide in Him... but until they
do that, they are in opposition to the Lord, satan is their father, and they are on the highway to hell. agree.gif

This point is being without it.

BULLonly rolleyes2.gif

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not necessarily.

We are to "love our neighbor" but not everyone is our neighbor!

In Luke 10, Jesus was asked "who is our neighbor?" and in response gave us the Parable of the Good Samaritan. This parable is often used to teach that our neighbor may not be someone who is part of our... church, community, race, or of a different social status, etc. But it is also clear from the parable that some people are NOT our neighbors, like the 2 people who passed the wounded man on the roadway.