Should Christians Love Everyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Christians Love Everyone Regardless Of Anything?

• Absolutely Yes!

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No, Not Necessarily.

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: Should true christians love everyone?
Absolutely! Under Grace, Today:

"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink:​
for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head." (Romans 12:20)​

With Christ [ God, Who Is Love! ] Living In us, To Fulfil:

All Of His Law, In ONE Word: ►► love ◄◄ thy neighbor as thyself!"​
("by love serve on another" v. 13, Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10)​

Notice what [ loving? ] 'swerving' "judgers of others" accomplishes:

"Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart,​
and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: From which some​
having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be​
teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof​
they affirm. " (1 Timothy 1:5-7)​
[loving?] causing weaker brothers to stumble?:

"But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably.​
Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ Died [← Greatest Love! ]."​
(Romans 14:15)​
knowledge vs love:
"Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we​
all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth."​
(1 Corinthians 8:1 cp 1 Corinthians 4:6 "going above What Is Written")​
availing love vs religious 'circumcision'?:

"For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but​
faith which worketh by love. " (Galatians 5:6 + "by love serve on another" v. 13 )​

More Important than the "three arguable gifts" (v. 8) that are gone or not, is:

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is​
charity [ love ]." (1 Corinthians 13:13 AV cp "quiet love" vs 'noisy instruments' v. 1 )​

Greatest love = a "good thing". Correct?:

"For we must all appear before The Judgment Seat Of Christ; that every one may​
receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it​
be good or bad." (2 Corinthians 5:10 cp 1 Corinthians 3:8-15 for "rewards/loss")​

Amen.

Last edited:

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Love your enemies" is one of what I call Jesus' "Zen master" commands - counterintuitive and impossible to obey. No one loves their enemies. A Zen master attempts to jolt his students out of their complacent, mindless way of relating to reality, and this is what Jesus did as well. We can, however, have compassion toward our enemies - and the more filled with the Holy Spirit we are, the greater compassion we can have. To have compassion means to try to understand and empathize with our enemies, not viscerally hate them as though they were unworthy of God's love.

I haven't achieved compassionate perfection by any means, but this approach has been revolutionary for me. When I find myself feeling irritated, angry or vengeful toward someone, I stop myself and ask "What is it like to be him? Why is he acting this way? What has he triggered in me to make me angry? What have I triggered in him?" Just going through this exercise has a calming effect.

We can also "love" our enemies by our actions - treating them with the same respect and charity we'd extend to anyone else even if we don't really love them. I actually think I'm pretty good at this, and it's become kind of a personal challenge for me.

There are, of course, enemies who require less-than-loving actions. I carry a 30,000,000-volt "Attitude Adjuster" on my dark morning walks and am certainly prepared to use it if that becomes necessary. Loving my enemies doesn't mean tolerating personal harm to myself or my loved ones. I suppose there is a compassionate way to attempt to deal with even some of the most threatening situations, but I'm not going to feel guilty or unbiblical if I have to meet force with force.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but not love as a feeling but love as in caring, where the word charity comes from. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control. So is we are allowing God's Holy Spirit to grow that fruit in us then we should be showing it in our daily lives - to everybody - those that are highlighted are the ones we ought to show to other people.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One can not let go of what one does not have.

And yet... so many people these days have anger that they should be letting go of.

So lots of folks actually do have anger... all through out the history of mankind we see people having anger

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At home, at work, in the bathroom, on the highway, all over the place man!
Where specifically? Not where is it experienced. If anger is an object someone has, like a baseball for example, they could say where they have it.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thoughts. Same as anger.

Matthew 7:16-19
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Funny how "thoughts" get acted on and produce fruit out in the real world such as people getting assaulted and even killed.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:16-19
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Funny how "thoughts" get acted on and produce fruit out in the real world such as people getting assaulted and even killed.
The point is simply that anger is an emotion felt, and not an object.

There is a direct link between the acknowledgment of anger & clearer communication. While there is great wisdom in scripture, it can also be used defensively in the spiritual bypassing sense, where introspection is more appropriate and fruitful.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should Christians who are taught to be forgiving and Loving to their neighbors and even bless our enemies and pray for them...so does that mean that we become passivists? Turn the other cheek? Be totally accepting to all?

I heard one time a guy say, one who turns the other cheek too far, gets it in the neck,,,and that makes sense to me, lol. So I voted no. Our fight is not with flesh and blood anyway, it is with principalities and powers, all types of evil spirits and demons. But that doesn't mean that you can not righteously defend yourself against an attack. When someone is trying to harm you or kill you is not the time to evangelize to them. They at least have to be a non-threat to be evangelized to. That's my way of thinking.

"Understand that the enemy is not the enemy in his own eyes. Remember this for it may offer you an opportunity to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate, and quickly."
Lazarus Long. (Robert Heinlein.)

What say ye? Because this is a dangerous time in history and everyone's television is screaming at them to...accept the gays, accept the immigrants, accept less rights, accept more control, be loving christians and accept accept accept, just like Jesus would do...

See the difference?
Jesus turned the tables in the Temple. And I think that is a reflection of the enemy to God. He was teaching them while he did it. Love does not always mean what you think it means. Love is wanting what's best for someone. And as far as good is concerned that is wanting good for someone.

Evil loves evil and Good loves good. Love is more complicated than you have spelled out.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should Christians who are taught to be forgiving and Loving to their neighbors and even bless our enemies and pray for them...so does that mean that we become passivists? Turn the other cheek? Be totally accepting to all?

I heard one time a guy say, one who turns the other cheek too far, gets it in the neck,,,and that makes sense to me, lol. So I voted no. Our fight is not with flesh and blood anyway, it is with principalities and powers, all types of evil spirits and demons. But that doesn't mean that you can not righteously defend yourself against an attack. When someone is trying to harm you or kill you is not the time to evangelize to them. They at least have to be a non-threat to be evangelized to. That's my way of thinking.

"Understand that the enemy is not the enemy in his own eyes. Remember this for it may offer you an opportunity to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate, and quickly."

What say ye? Because this is a dangerous time in history and everyone's television is screaming at them to...accept the gays, accept the immigrants, accept less rights, accept more control, be loving christians and accept accept accept, just like Jesus would do...

See the difference?

One of the simplest answers to this question,imo, was given on a Bible forum site long ago. I agree.

As Christians we are told that title means we are like Christ. Christ like.

If we accept the many passages that Inform us Yeshua was Father God, and we are therefore to emulate that higher wisdom as his reflection, being we are in him and he indwells us,then there is only one answer.

No.
Because God does not,did not,love everyone. Not even all Hebrews. The world he was going to save were those whose names were written before creation into his Lambs Book of Life. Those Elected for Salvation.

How arrogant we would be to imagine God expects us to set a higher example than God himself.

We cannot ignore Rome's power in writing the New Testament so to make it fit their political agenda. Once Christianity was made legal in their lands, it was so because its doctrine was formed to give Rome authority to command concession and obedience from believers, because God commanded it so.

All passages therefore that state we are to obey authorities , surrender to aggressors,and so forth,are not of God but are of Rome.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

While the Romans could not erase the Old Testament, they knew they could manifest a new one.

Yet,despite their best efforts, God did speak his truth there.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the simplest answers to this question,imo, was given on a Bible forum site long ago. I agree.

As Christians we are told that title means we are like Christ. Christ like.

If we accept the many passages that Inform us Yeshua was Father God, and we are therefore to emulate that higher wisdom as his reflection, being we are in him and he indwells us,then there is only one answer.

No.
Because God does not,did not,love everyone. Not even all Hebrews. The world he was going to save were those whose names were written before creation into his Lambs Book of Life. Those Elected for Salvation.

How arrogant we would be to imagine God expects us to set a higher example than God himself.

We cannot ignore Rome's power in writing the New Testament so to make it fit their political agenda. Once Christianity was made legal in their lands, it was so because its doctrine was formed to give Rome authority to command concession and obedience from believers, because God commanded it so.

All passages therefore that state we are to obey authorities , surrender to aggressors,and so forth,are not of God but are of Rome.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

While the Romans could not erase the Old Testament, they knew they could manifest a new one.

Yet,despite their best efforts, God did speak his truth there.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

I think I have to agree with you. That makes sense.

Luke 14:26
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.../KJV

But what do we do with this? We shouldnt go wipe them out, most of ems pretty cool. Seriously, I havent actually ever really unpacked this verse but it qould be a good one for it. And I bet it comes out that what it really means is not to hate your people, but to love God more. Obey God more. Whole hearted. I bet thats right.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See the difference?
I believe before we speak of loving anyone, or our neighbor, we should really know what is this quality and quantity of love to give, and who and when to express it or not, in what quantity and level of 'visible' expression.

For example, you might have a time with your next door neighbor. Does that mean you need to express and hug that person as you would say, your spouse, or another person across the street who is a strong believer in Christ and you are swell pals? No of course not.
Now because you might be disgusted with that person next door, do you hate him or her. No, of course not. Hate is a very strong word or symbol that usually is never applied or it's misapplied to a genuine Christian. Evil is where this hate comes in....
We still find, eventually, a place for that hard-to-get-along person in our heart with love, although with more caution and reservation of allowing that person to be part of your life. In other words you keep your distance if necessary. I think this type of low level genuine love still fits in with what Yahshua might mean under these circumstances.

We have to gauge within our hearts the situation, and then someone might conclude, oh, he means just a situational kind of love. Yes, it is necessary to be true to oneself and with God's love we possess. We worship a God not only of love, also justice and fairness, of incomprehensible intelligence.

It means sharing and expressing our God given love with this neighbour will not be a great part of lives. We concentrate of our close loved ones and fellow Christians first; expressed and shared where this love is especially reciprocated.

An as a tough unforgiving neighbor the same would be also true toward an illegal person crossing the border as a so-called immigrant. Even though you know nothing of that person.

You keep you distance in the main until your heart knows it's safe to express it.

You would not suddenly express love to one who has just shot your spouse now would you? Eventhough, over time you might forgive, although that is another discussion of love with forgiveness.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is simply that anger is an emotion felt, and not an object.

I don't know of anybody who thinks it is a physical object you can set on a table and handle with your hands

But it is true that anger can and often does over flow in to physical acts of destruction that caused people to die and property to be destroyed.