Should Christians Love Everyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Christians Love Everyone Regardless Of Anything?

• Absolutely Yes!

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No, Not Necessarily.

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't love everyone... He loves those that love Him (Proverbs 8:17)

Yes, the Lord has provided a way for all people to have salvation and to come abide in Him... but until they
do that, they are in opposition to the Lord, satan is their father, and they are on the highway to hell. View attachment 42607

BULLonly View attachment 42608

The Whole of reality. Not in accordance with personal preferences / conditions.
Proverbs 8:17 (NIV) says: "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."

No, not necessarily.

We are to "love our neighbor" but not everyone is our neighbor!

In Luke 10, Jesus was asked "who is our neighbor?" and in response gave us the Parable of the Good Samaritan. This parable is often used to teach that our neighbor may not be someone who is part of our... church, community, race, or of a different social status, etc. But it is also clear from the parable that some people are NOT our neighbors, like the 2 people who passed the wounded man on the roadway.

Therefore love for non-neighbors is unconditional.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Whole of reality. Not in accordance with personal preferences / conditions.
Proverbs 8:17 (NIV) says: "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."

That's what I was quoting....He loves those that love Him (Proverbs 8:17)

Therefore love for non-neighbors is unconditional.

God's love is NOT un-conditional... He loves those that love Him (Proverbs 8:17)

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't love everyone... He loves those that love Him (Proverbs 8:17)

Yes, the Lord has provided a way for all people to have salvation and to come abide in Him... but until they
do that, they are in opposition to the Lord, satan is their father, and they are on the highway to hell. View attachment 42607

BULLonly View attachment 42608
The aspect implied “God doesn’t love everyone” is a personal misinterpretation.

No, not necessarily.

We are to "love our neighbor" but not everyone is our neighbor!

In Luke 10, Jesus was asked "who is our neighbor?" and in response gave us the Parable of the Good Samaritan. This parable is often used to teach that our neighbor may not be someone who is part of our... church, community, race, or of a different social status, etc. But it is also clear from the parable that some people are NOT our neighbors, like the 2 people who passed the wounded man on the roadway.

‘They’ are with a clear head & open heart.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The aspect implied “God doesn’t love everyone” is a personal misinterpretation.

Only for those who don't understand what Proverbs 8:17 says... and who use fake translation like the NIV laughing7.gif

Posting links to satanic websites... lets us know what spirit you are of.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only for those who don't understand what Proverbs 8:17 says... and who use fake translation like the NIV View attachment 42778

Posting links to satanic websites... lets us know what spirit you are of.

It’s interesting to hear thoughts on me, but what about the topic?

What condition might God experience?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should Christians Love Everyone?

I would say “should” …
Yes.

I would further say “Can”…
The “Converted” (called Christian or not)…
Can …
by the Spirit (power) of God “IN” them.

Glory to God,
Taken

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone is trying to harm you or kill you is not the time to evangelize to them.
Reminded me of this.

Acts 7:59-60 NIV
While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”
60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.”
When he had said this, he fell asleep.

/

Reactions: MA2444

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should Christians who are taught to be forgiving and Loving to their neighbors and even bless our enemies and pray for them...so does that mean that we become passivists? Turn the other cheek? Be totally accepting to all?
Well...
Is forgiving and loving our neighbors, blessing them and praying for them a false teaching?

/

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...
Is forgiving and loving our neighbors, blessing them and praying for them a false teaching?

/

No, that's a good teaching. But there are other scriptures that say that we should hate what the Lord God hates. One says that if we dont hate mother father brother sister then we cant even be a disciple of Jesus.

Now even I think that this means you should hate your family. More along the lines of, loving the Lord enough to go against family if they are influencing you with anythng other than that which is of the Lord. Obey the Lord first and only.

What scripture doesnt say is for us to come ito agreement with anyone who is opposed to the Kingdom of God. That they say oh you must love us and accept us or you have no love...that's one the most ridiculous things I ever heard. No there is no universal love for all in day to day life. You dont invite the enemy into your house. You dont trust them. You deny them entry. If you want to love these people, then pray for their souls that they be enlightened and saved. There is the ove. Speak truth to them.

It dont mean invite them into your inner circle of trust, Lol! That's not love. That would be stupidness.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says what He means, and means what He says . . . . He loves those that love Him (Proverbs 8:17)
This is the belief God is finite. That belief hasn’t been acknowledged or dispelled yet. It can be.
Continued suppression, spiritual bypassing, deflection & projection is not the way.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the belief God is finite. That belief hasn’t been acknowledged or dispelled yet. It can be.
Continued suppression, spiritual bypassing, deflection & projection is not the way.

God says what He means, and means what He says . . . . He loves those that love Him (Proverbs 8:17)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there are other scriptures that say that we should hate what the Lord God hates.
We should look at those.

One says that if we dont hate mother father brother sister then we cant even be a disciple of Jesus.
I hope that's not an example. Pretty sure that was an exaggerated literary device to make a point.
Like when Jesus told us to pluck out an eye or remove a hand to prevent sin.
Does anyone really think that would work?

Now even I think that this means you should hate your family. More along the lines of, loving the Lord enough to go against family if they are influencing you with anythng other than that which is of the Lord. Obey the Lord first and only.
I hope you meant: "Now even I think that this means you should..." NOT... "hate your family."

/

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's a good teaching. But there are other scriptures that say that we should hate what the Lord God hates. One says that if we dont hate mother father brother sister then we cant even be a disciple of Jesus.
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'"

Now even I think that this means you should hate your family.
It doesn’t say “hate”. Hate is an emotion, not an action or behavior. So while it’s possible to experience hate (as an emotion), it is not actually possible to hate someone, even yourself. You could punch someone or yourself in a way, and that would be an action or behavior, but you can not hate someone or yourself. Reality however does not prevent the thought that one can hate oneself or another from arising and being innocently believed. But any belief can be inspected & dispelled, revealing the truth.

More along the lines of, loving the Lord enough to go against family if they are influencing you with anythng other than that which is of the Lord. Obey the Lord first and only.
The passage doesn’t say that though. It talks about peace vs the sword. In bringing peace one remains asleep and love is an object of relationships. Jesus’ aim is to severe those relationships with the sword (the truth), that the truth may be realized. Then, when you can lend a hand without getting in the quicksand, share the truth fully aware of the mess the sword makes.

What scripture doesnt say is for us to come ito agreement with anyone who is opposed to the Kingdom of God.
This is the kingdom of God. Anyone opposed is really just self-ignorance, which is really, truly, pure innocence.

That they say oh you must love us and accept us or you have no love...that's one the most ridiculous things I ever heard. No there is no universal love for all in day to day life. You dont invite the enemy into your house. You dont trust them. You deny them entry. If you want to love these people, then pray for their souls that they be enlightened and saved. There is the ove. Speak truth to them.
Amen!!

It dont mean invite them into your inner circle of trust, Lol! That's not love. That would be stupidness.
Trust is synonymous with believe. Stupidness is synonymous with judgment. All is love.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God didn’t love everyone,

Why did Jesus say that he loved the world?

Why send his Word to pay for sin?

so many today harp on sin people never move forward in the spirit.

• Love
Reactions: Phil .

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. And “but not those who don’t”, is a personal reinterpretation added.

What part of "He loves those that love Him" is hard for you to grasp and understand?

The Lord is telling us who He loves and why He loves them... those that do not love Him are not included in who He says He loves.

Here's another one that will be a mystery to you... If We Deny Him, He Also Will Deny Us (2 Timothy 2:12)

Reactions: Phil .

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What part of "He loves those that love Him" is hard for you to grasp and understand?

The Lord is telling us who He loves and why He loves them... those that do not love Him are not included in who He says He loves.

Here's another one that will be a mystery to you... If We Deny Him, He Also Will Deny Us (2 Timothy 2:12)
You’re adding “and not those who…..”

The denial of unconditional love (The Holy Ghost) is not only suffering, but is blasphemy.
You’re so free - you can even deny yourself!
That’s pretty free.

As the inclination to reply to me arises - just let it go, and don’t.
‘Sit with it’ instead.

Reactions: St. SteVen