Should christians observe holy days vs secular holiday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, Colossians 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."
Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."
Colossians 2:10 "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
You don't believe Jesus is the Son of God. Are you Muslim?

Jan 16, 2021
Austin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole OT take your pick. St. Paul never cared for judaizers like you. As a Christian I am not under any Jewish law or rituals nor do we live by the OT. Live by the OT if you want but don't ever claim the Christian name
How does an observance of an holy day has to do with judazing? Please explain

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
As christians, we are suppose to obey Yahweh commandments and obey his instructions, and do not follow the patterns of the world. So my question is that, as Christians, are we supposed to observe Yahweh holy days?
hey where did you come up with the name yahweh? i'm sure God's name is YHWH not yahweh and the pronunciation is long lost

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
YAHWEH is just common use for pronunciation. Whatever is closer, I will use
even if you are wrong? and if you are wrong you are asking for a different God a false God since YHWH is his name not yahweh even if you can't pronounced it why eich double u eich is his name not ya whe

and according to christ Father is his name
but still up to you whatever you believe in thank you for listening i'm outta here

Jan 16, 2021
Austin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
even if you are wrong? and if you are wrong you are asking for a different God a false God since YHWH is his name not yahweh even if you can't pronounced it why eich double u eich is his name not ya whe

and according to christ Father is his name
but still up to you whatever you believe in thank you for listening i'm outta here
Anyways this post is about whether should observe holy days vs holidays. When I look at it, holidays has no part of the kingdom. Yahweh has never minded us to do such thing. What did Yeshua say to the pharisees in Mark 7? They hold their own tradition above the commandments of Yahweh.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Anyways this post is about whether should observe holy days vs holidays. When I look at it, holidays has no part of the kingdom. Yahweh has never minded us to do such thing. What did Yeshua say to the pharisees in Mark 7? They hold their own tradition above the commandments of Yahweh.
yeah it is off topic the admins can just kicked me out of the forum permanent ban i'm just fed up with all these restrictions you can't wear that you have to wear face mask face shield you can't say that you have to be polite blaha blah but inreality we have this free will it is our decision

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But they are all 12 tribes of Israel and strangers of the land. Both Israelite's and strangers observed holy days of Yahweh, not just the jewish people. So. I'm very confuse on your position

Nothing was put there for us it is the Jewish people only, your trying to save yourself by works not by faith. Why don't you just go away and stop bothering us Christians. As a judaizer you have no part of the kingdom

Jan 16, 2021
Austin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing was put there for us it is the Jewish people only, your trying to save yourself by works not by faith. Why don't you just go away and stop bothering us Christians. As a judaizer you have no part of the kingdom
Calling me a judaizer just because I asked a question whether christians should observe holy days? Hmm that seems very poor comment. Number 1, I don't believe in justification by works of the law, but by FAITH. But we keep his commandments (torah) because we love him. By keeping his torah, it proofs that we love him. And again, the holy days are NOT jewish feasts but HIS feasts for all his people who love him and keep his commandments

Reactions: Hidden In Him

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling me a judaizer just because I asked a question whether christians should observe holy days? Hmm that seems very poor comment. Number 1, I don't believe in justification by works of the law, but by FAITH. But we keep his commandments (torah) because we love him. By keeping his torah, it proofs that we love him. And again, the holy days are NOT jewish feasts but HIS feasts for all his people who love him and keep his commandments

A Christian doesn't keep the Torah. The Torah isn't law goofy, it is the first five books of the OT. If your going to sound half way intelligent don't be addlepate. Christ gave us two new Commandments love God and love your neighbor as yourself, in these are all the law and prophets. No Jewish holidays were given to Christian, that is past. Frankly you can do what you want, us Christian aren't pinned downed to such stupid ideas as yours

Jan 16, 2021
Austin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Christian doesn't keep the Torah. The Torah isn't law goofy, it is the first five books of the OT. If your going to sound half way intelligent don't be addlepate. Christ gave us two new Commandments love God and love your neighbor as yourself, in these are all the law and prophets. No Jewish holidays were given to Christian, that is past. Frankly you can do what you want, us Christian aren't pinned downed to such stupid ideas as yours
Those commands you mentioned are from the Torah. Those two commands hangs alll the law and prophets. A christian doesn't keep torah? Are you saying that we are free to sin? Are free to murder, lie, steal, adultery, create and worship idols, and free to disregard sabbath?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those commands you mentioned are from the Torah. Those two commands hangs alll the law and prophets. A christian doesn't keep torah? Are you saying that we are free to sin? Are free to murder, lie, steal, adultery, create and worship idols, and free to disregard sabbath?

The law does not bind Christians, it may bind you but not Christians. As St. Paul said that true Christians are dead to the law because we are married to another. You see your non Christian insistence that the law be followed shows you are not married to Christ. We have free will and don't have to worry about every jot and tittle of the law, you should become a Christian a weight that Christ never put on you will be lifted.

You want people's burden to be heavy, Christ yoke is light. No longer do Christians follow the law of paper but it is written on our heart. The law of Moses is dead instead we have a new covenant in Christ, a new love one of Law and Freedom. We no longer need to be concerned if we have done every jot and tittle of the dead law that we could never keep but we live by the Spirit. As St. Paul said about the old law of Moses "For the law of the Spirit, which brings us life in union with Christ Jesus, has set me free from the law of sin and death. " (Rom 8:2) and "it is he who made us capable of serving the new covenant, which consists not of a written law but of the Spirit. The written law brings death, but the Spirit gives life." (2 Cor 3:6).

Christians live by what the Spirit tells us (Rom 8:9) not by a law that was fulfilled in Christ and that we are dead to. I invite you to come to Christ who conquered death and perfectly fulfilled the law so that we are not bound to sin and death but by freedom in the Spirit of Christ

Jan 16, 2021
Austin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we were dead to law, so that means we can whatever we want? We can add in pagan festivals or some secular holidays that are not from the bible? Your own theology does not up to the word of God. The hebrew scriptures over powers your own man made theology that does not work!

You said I am putting a burden? I forbid! The torah says that his commandments are not difficult but easy. Deuteronomy 30: 11“For this commandment which I command you today is [c]not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

This passage destroys your theology!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we were dead to law, so that means we can whatever we want? We can add in pagan festivals or some secular holidays that are not from the bible? Your own theology does not up to the word of God. The hebrew scriptures over powers your own man made theology that does not work!

You said I am putting a burden? I forbid! The torah says that his commandments are not difficult but easy. Deuteronomy 30: 11“For this commandment which I command you today is [c]not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

This passage destroys your theology!

Hopefully someday you come to Christ because it is apparent you are not a believer and the pagan mind can not understand such as yours.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm I am believer in Christ! I am saved by faith and I walk in the spirit, not after the flesh!

Not when you desire to follow Moses law. Under Christ Christians are dead to the law, it is evident from your writings you are not. You think that the law is everything, not something a Christian worries about. Hence your not a real believer just a pretender like so many others, thinking you must yoke yourself to death and missing out on life

Jan 16, 2021
Austin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not when you desire to follow Moses law. Under Christ Christians are dead to the law, it is evident from your writings you are not. You think that the law is everything, not something a Christian worries about. Hence your not a real believer just a pretender like so many others, thinking you must yoke yourself to death and missing out on life

Umm is your telling me it is ok to sin