Should Christians on this forum be concerned with website links

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For goodness sake Enoch , why do you have to always end up making it about politics, I was asking about whether it is right that Christians hate Muslims, and about the websites. You know Christian ethics, Christian attitudes............do you as a Christian agree that it’s ok to hate all Muslims on the bases that they are trying to kill us, do you personally agree with the ethos of the websites statement ?
I didn’t ask what Muslims are doing, I didn’t ask who was behind it , you are the expert on scripture , so what does scripture tell us about our enemies !!!!!
Would Jesus have justified hate on those grounds?
Should I hate and justify that hate,of Germans because they tried to kill my parents generation. They bombed London, Brighton ect. Should I hate all Germans............

Rita

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't support censorship. If one is offended by a link a forums rules permit to remain on the site one can leave the link as easily as they entered.

With regard to celebrating the demise of terrorists who happen to also be Muslim, we can't dictate how everyone should respond. That isn't censorship, that effort smacks of dictatorship.

We can just as easily remove ourselves from those opinions as well.

I think it all comes down to personal responsibility and discipline. I'd rather exercise a choice based on my opinion than have my choice removed based on the opinion of someone else.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...do you as a Christian agree that it’s ok to hate all Muslims on the bases that they are trying to kill us, do you personally agree with the ethos of the websites statement ?
I do not agree that Christians are to hate those who hate us and persecute us. The words of Christ are very clear: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you (Mt 5:44)

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously, and what kind of message does that statement convey.......it’s not needed in this thread.
Investigate it . I for sure would warn all , out of dire love , have naught to do with hillsong .
We must warn . warning must not be silenced . I have found that most people will not bother to investigate
Its why i have to warn . Hillsong is bad news my friend . Truly it is .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't support censorship. If one is offended by a link a forums rules permit to remain on the site one can leave the link as easily as they entered.

With regard to celebrating the demise of terrorists who happen to also be Muslim, we can't dictate how everyone should respond. That isn't censorship, that effort smacks of dictatorship.

We can just as easily remove ourselves from those opinions as well.

I think it all comes down to personal responsibility and discipline. I'd rather exercise a choice based on my opinion than have my choice removed based on the opinion of someone else.
There is this to consider as well . Anyone who runs a site , has the responsibility to look out for the people .
Thus if i had a site and folks brought on this new age all inclusive hug a thon unity stuff , i would shut it out .
But my question is , what would paul have done . Go look at his advice for those who did not walk as they should .
Dont even eat with such a one . Sounds like censorship , YET it aint . Its looking out for the flock .
We must .

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is this to consider as well . Anyone who runs a site , has the responsibility to look out for the people .
Thus if i had a site and folks brought on this new age all inclusive hug a thon unity stuff , i would shut it out .
But my question is , what would paul have done . Go look at his advice for those who did not walk as they should .
Dont even eat with such a one . Sounds like censorship , YET it aint . Its looking out for the flock .
We must .
Terms of use does not equate to censorship does it?

I think we can all agree that it would be objectionable to post a full frontal image of a nude man in these forums to support a thread piece that insists clothes are the result of our fallen human nature.

Passing laws that prosecute someone for lying with the intention of creating mass panic as they scream, "FIRE,the building is on fire! Runnnnnnnnn!"
Is not censorship.

Whereas, as an example not reflected by nor within these forums, editing someone for saying the Republican party holds Christian values as conducive to good governance , would example censorship if the Administrator, or Moderator edited those remarks because they are a strong Democrat.

What does censorship mean?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Investigate it . I for sure would warn all , out of dire love , have naught to do with hillsong .
We must warn . warning must not be silenced . I have found that most people will not bother to investigate
I type in words in the search on youtube. Key words for songs relating to the post I'm posting.
I listen to the song, determine if it fits the message I am trying to convey, and then I post it.
I hardly ever look to see who the artist is.
So if I post music it's the words that matter, not the group performing.
Although I admit getting to the root is as much important as partaking of the fruit.
Appreciate your bringing it to my attention amigo de christo..
On the other hand if you just say they are of the devil without any context. It just sounds like slander.. so I didn't bother investigating.
But now I see from whence they come and only God knows what side they will end up on.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must .
Imagine what it must have been like trying to get letters to the other churches without alarming the Romans.
I'm sure a lot of them were probably written in code or symbols that only the church would know.
We are there.
MSM will allow absolute trash to be posted without censoring. But wholesome and good communication is taboo and to be censored at all costs.
Eventually you will only find the truth, nestled among the lies. It will be the only way to get the message through.
If we start censoring like the MSM....
You just have to get tough and walk through the cesspool and hold your nose and close your eyes.
Sending messages on used toilet paper.
Do you refuse the soiled paper or do you accept the message?
Not everything is always clean.

Fine line, thin and narrow.. stay strait, just like an arrow.
Hugs

Reactions: Amazed@grace

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us look out for one another . Me and some others , brothers and sisters , have bible reads even over the phone .
My best advice is , we need to get diggin in those bibles and learning that pattern very well .
If we learn that Jesus we are in good good shape . Learn all the sound doctrine well .
I never learned things from the evil in order to be able to discern or know what was evil or how to overcome evil .
By grace i simply learned the bible . Thus when something contradicts that pattern , we know its counterfeit .
No need to study all those counterfeit bills . Learn the true bill , then you will see the counterfeit .
SO , let us be learning the biblical Jesus well . The doctrine of the apostles well , and all sound biblical doctrine well .
And let the glorious LORD be praised and thanked continuously .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let no man take thy crown in another false gospel .
Do not believe in this all inclusive gospel , this abraham accord lie , this lie which states
we are all serving the same God . Stay FRONT and CENTER on the one true gospel .
And if a jew or any other rejects that one true gospel , they just rejected GOD HIMSELF .
She is growing now and faster all the time , this false all inclusive go spell truly is .
We must not be taken into its lie . TO THE END we must proclaim the one true original gospel .

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not agree that Christians are to hate those who hate us and persecute us. The words of Christ are very clear: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you (Mt 5:44)
Since it is there, let us in this moment imagine a non-Christian asking us about that verse. (1 Peter 3:15)
And also asking how we reconcile what God did you his enemies, and those of the Hebrews, in the Old Testament.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since it is there, let us in this moment imagine a non-Christian asking us about that verse. (1 Peter 3:15) And also asking how we reconcile what God did you his enemies, and those of the Hebrews, in the Old Testament.
We need to distinguish between our PERSONAL enemies (which is where that verse applies) and the enemies of God, Christ, the Gospel, and the Bible.

We are to show love to our personal enemies by not retaliating against their evil deeds, doing good to them, and also pointing them to Christ.

At the same time we are to present Bible truth to the enemies of God and Christ, and rebuke them when they do not repent. Rebukes are an expression of love also, since this is what Jesus said: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. (Rev 3:19)

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In context, it was a one liner post, making a blanket statement , with no explanation. It doesn’t convey anything other than a blanket judgement, which is not good witness. Rita

Reactions: Taodeching

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you ....I agree.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let no man take thy crown in another false gospel .
Do not believe in this all inclusive gospel , this abraham accord lie , this lie which states
we are all serving the same God . Stay FRONT and CENTER on the one true gospel .
And if a jew or any other rejects that one true gospel , they just rejected GOD HIMSELF .
She is growing now and faster all the time , this false all inclusive go spell truly is .
We must not be taken into its lie . TO THE END we must proclaim the one true original gospel .
Let’s just make one thing clear, this is not what this thread is about, you made an earlier comment about ‘ new age ‘ ......the OP is about Christian attitudes to others.....so please address the actual questions and not turn this thread into something else. Do you agree with the statement on the website?
Do you think it is the right attitude to align with a website with that statement?
Is it okay for a Christian to hate their enemies ? ( this includes those that have a different belief system.
in Jesus time the Romans were one of the enemies, they occupied the area and did not hold with the beliefs, later they would go on to kill and persecuted Christians..........

So change the statement ‘ It’s not hatred towards the Romans if they are trying to kill us ‘ ......does the New Testament promote hatred on those grounds, did Jesus ?
Instead of ‘ proclaiming ‘ why not try just having a normal debate about a subject.

I wasn’t offended by the website, it just prompted a conviction about whether , as Christians, it was right to align to what it stood for ........

Rita

Reactions: Taodeching

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have posted this here because it doesn’t seem to be a concern of a member on another thread , or should I say they chose not to address it and ignored my concerns and questions.

A website used on another thread was run by someone who made the following statement ....

‘ It’s not islamaphobia if they are trying to kill you ‘
And one of the headlines posted from that website started with a ‘ He He He ‘...because Muslims were tricked and killed.

I did ask if the forum wanted to align with the statement made, if members agreed with it and if they thought it was funny when people died in war just because they were Muslims.
Is this really what Christians should think and promote through the threads .......by association
Reporting info is one thing but should we be concerned about what those websites represent.
Or does no one care, it bothered me all day.

The comment on the other thread was not to have a dig at the member who posted it, this has raised some serious concerns for me......... avoiding the questions and just ignoring the issue is fine , but it leads me to speculate as to whether the statement made is agreed with, but they are afraid to say that. .......
Rita

Agreed Rita,
Christians who laugh at things like this forget that we were all made in His Image and, Love is not just for those you like, we are to love our enemies too. Nobody said Christianity would be easy, nothing worth it is! :)
Love your posts, great wording sister.
xo

Reactions: Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have posted this here because it doesn’t seem to be a concern of a member on another thread , or should I say they chose not to address it and ignored my concerns and questions.

A website used on another thread was run by someone who made the following statement ....

‘ It’s not islamaphobia if they are trying to kill you ‘
And one of the headlines posted from that website started with a ‘ He He He ‘...because Muslims were tricked and killed.

I did ask if the forum wanted to align with the statement made, if members agreed with it and if they thought it was funny when people died in war just because they were Muslims.
Is this really what Christians should think and promote through the threads .......by association
Reporting info is one thing but should we be concerned about what those websites represent.
Or does no one care, it bothered me all day.

The comment on the other thread was not to have a dig at the member who posted it, this has raised some serious concerns for me......... avoiding the questions and just ignoring the issue is fine , but it leads me to speculate as to whether the statement made is agreed with, but they are afraid to say that. .......
Rita
I'm not into associating with that kind of thing.

Much love!

Reactions: Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s just make one thing clear, this is not what this thread is about, you made an earlier comment about ‘ new age ‘ ......the OP is about Christian attitudes to others.....so please address the actual questions and not turn this thread into something else. Do you agree with the statement on the website?
Do you think it is the right attitude to align with a website with that statement?
Is it okay for a Christian to hate their enemies ? ( this includes those that have a different belief system.
in Jesus time the Romans were one of the enemies, they occupied the area and did not hold with the beliefs, later they would go on to kill and persecuted Christians..........

So change the statement ‘ It’s not hatred towards the Romans if they are trying to kill us ‘ ......does the New Testament promote hatred on those grounds, did Jesus ?
Instead of ‘ proclaiming ‘ why not try just having a normal debate about a subject.

I wasn’t offended by the website, it just prompted a conviction about whether , as Christians, it was right to align to what it stood for ........

Rita
We shouldn't needlessly give others a reason to be against us. They already have enough of those.

Much love!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not into associating with that kind of thing.

Much love!
Hi Mark,
Sorry I was really tired after work last night, so I read some of the threads, but didn’t respond.
Interesting....you see if someone posts a link from a website that is allowed to remain, isn’t the forum automatically associating with its ethos. I am not saying it definitely is...... just mulling it over......

Would a ‘ reader ‘ of the threads know that you didn’t align to it ......how many members are on the forum, half the time there are so many links to so many things that we wouldn’t have a clue what we were associating with, or what message we are conveying to others.

Perhaps this is more an issue of discernment, than censorship. All of us discern what we associate with outside of the forum, that’s not censorship, it’s making choices based on what we think is wise or unwise........
Some past links and posts have been deleted ...some people have been banned for posting things, so where is the line drawn, what determines those decisions. Are those decisions based on censorship, dislike or discernment. ( I guess only the moderators can answer that one ! )

sorry just speaking out loud as I pondered what you had said.
Rita