Should Christians on this forum be concerned with website links

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have posted this here because it doesn’t seem to be a concern of a member on another thread , or should I say they chose not to address it and ignored my concerns and questions.

A website used on another thread was run by someone who made the following statement ....

‘ It’s not islamaphobia if they are trying to kill you ‘
And one of the headlines posted from that website started with a ‘ He He He ‘...because Muslims were tricked and killed.

I did ask if the forum wanted to align with the statement made, if members agreed with it and if they thought it was funny when people died in war just because they were Muslims.
Is this really what Christians should think and promote through the threads .......by association
Reporting info is one thing but should we be concerned about what those websites represent.
Or does no one care, it bothered me all day.

The comment on the other thread was not to have a dig at the member who posted it, this has raised some serious concerns for me......... avoiding the questions and just ignoring the issue is fine , but it leads me to speculate as to whether the statement made is agreed with, but they are afraid to say that. .......
Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Opinion....

I do not agree with censorship.
I have more than one channel on my tv.... for now.
Not everyone will agree with everyone all the time.
I'm not taking a moral stand on this. I didn't read the article.
I'm just saying... I don't agree with censorship.
Hugs

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My Opinion....

I do not agree with censorship.
I have more than one channel on my tv.... for now.
Not everyone will agree with everyone all the time.
I'm not taking a moral stand on this. I didn't read the article.
I'm just saying... I don't agree with censorship.
Hugs

Thank you for responding...... there is censorship in all areas of life, including this forum. It’s part of why we put rules together, the do’s and don’ts of different environments, work places ect. So I guess there are different types of censorship, I am not in favour of the extreme and stupid kind. I will have to consider if this fits into that ......however my OP was also about whether people agree or disagree with the statements made .......
Is it okay for Christians to hate a group of people , and find it amusing when they die in war, and promote that attitude on a Christian forum. .......
Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for responding...... there is censorship in all areas of life, including this forum. It’s part of why we put rules together, the do’s and don’ts of different environments, work places ect. So I guess there are different types of censorship, I am not in favour of the extreme and stupid kind. I will have to consider if this fits into that ......however my OP was also about whether people agree or disagree with the statements made .......
Is it okay for Christians to hate a group of people , and find it amusing when they die in war, and promote that attitude on a Christian forum. .......
Rita
It's not ok for Christians to hate.
I still haven't read the article but now that I'm commenting I probably should.
But without having read it... and I will... I'm thinking..
Maybe they was making fun at the tactics not the results.
I'm going to go read it now and see if it was personal or strategic that they found funny.

Reactions: April_Rose and Rita

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not ok for Christians to hate.
I still haven't read the article but now that I'm commenting I probably should.
But without having read it... and I will... I'm thinking..
Maybe they was making fun at the tactics not the results.
I'm going to go read it now and see if it was personal or strategic that they found funny.
Hi Ziggy,
The article came across as laughing at the tactics, but when I looked into the website and came across the statement about Muslims, and other articles posted, I began to wonder if it perhaps was both .........that’s when I started to have concerns about that particular website being used to promote info on the forum.
I would value your viewpoint x
Rita

Reactions: April_Rose

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was the tactics. Hamas fell for the trick of running underground for cover in a tunnel.
These were not "innocent" people. It was those shooing rockets at Israel.
As they say.. all is fair in love and war.
Hamas would have laughed if the shoe was on the other foot.

And quite frankly,
Anyone who begins an article with Hee Hee Hee, isn't a real journalist in my opinion.

Things are going to get a lot more offensive in the near future.
You will have to go around not taking things personally and emotionally.
Every word written will be used to offend somebody.
whether it be HEE HEE HEE, or a gender, color, religion.. everything will begin to be offensive.
Because we are sensitive. I think women look beyond the tactics and see the results.
We assume the one laughing is seeing the whole picture, but they just see a part.
Kind of like playing a video game and you just took out the bad guy.
War is for emotionless people.
As far as posting it in this forum... I believe it's in the political forum.. not sure.
I suppose you have to look at it from different views and judge for yourself if it was offensive to you.
After reading it myself and understanding the reaction for the tactics... I personally don't feel it offensive.
I hope this helps
Hugs

Reactions: April_Rose

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The concerns I have are not personal, it’s deeper than that, it’s conviction.....which is difficult to fully explain.
I have quite a thick skin with things ........think being on this forum has developed it xx
It’s not so much the article, it’s the website I have a concern about. Is adding the link saying , in an indirect way, that you agree with what the website stands for.......if we have no concern, does that mean we do not care what kind of witness that projects.....

Just a thought...is the political forum seen by everyone, say if I was not a member or a Christian can I view that forum........i think that is where my concerns lies x
Does that make sense.
Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same website I found this:

BROOKLYN, NY: Muslims drive through Jewish neighborhoods, threatening and intimidating Jews to instill fear, while celebrating Hamas’ rocket attacks on Israel

Everything will begin to offend somebody somewhere.
They are doing this on purpose to get us to fight each other.
Black/White Muslim/Jew Rich man/Poor man
I'm sorry but the media SUCKS
It will drive us headlong into WW3
already got tickets and heading towards the runway..

When things start really going nuts..
Just remember,
You are Daniel in the fiery furnace and NOTHING can harm you. Except FEAR.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I saw that article and others, but if his website is anti Muslim, of course he will have articles like that..... as you say it plays into the game.
It’s always difficult explaining convictions.
As I said it’s about the witness, media sucks big time but we are still accountable to the Lord for what we align with........

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Ziggy , Thanks for the conversation. I don’t think you have fully understood my concerns, but that’s fine, I appreciate you being willing to communicate and look at the website ect
Right I had better get up( sitting in bed with a cuppa as it’s my day off ) ..........
Have a good day, or night xx ( time zones )
Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concerns I have are not personal, it’s deeper than that, it’s conviction.....which is difficult to fully explain.
I have quite a thick skin with things ........think being on this forum has developed it xx
It’s not so much the article, it’s the website I have a concern about. Is adding the link saying , in an indirect way, that you agree with what the website stands for.......if we have no concern, does that mean we do not care what kind of witness that projects.....

Just a thought...is the political forum seen by everyone, say if I was not a member or a Christian can I view that forum........i think that is where my concerns lies x
Does that make sense.
Rita
Some sources we will have to rely on for any news at all.
Some will be clothed in the vilest mud you can imagine. But there will be some truth mixed with lies.
You will have to discern between black and white and many shades of gray.
I didn't mean you taking things personally. I meant read things with a sterile lens.
I can't watch tv anymore. It literally triggers me to take sides. To make rash judgements on who's right and wrong without the context.
The internet .. with all the censorship going on, sometimes the only way to get a message out. is wrapped in vile garbage.
We're walking through unknown territory.
I never knew people could play so dirty.
Word salad, mind bending, absolute propaganda and lies.. oh my.. it's disgusting.
And I don't care what anyone's politics are, they are doing this to all of us.
We are the great experiment of the 21st century.

I was thinking a little while ago about starting a thread:
What's your back up plan if the internet goes dark?
Do you have a church or group?
Or is the internet your only link with other Christians?
Is there a place where people can connect if this website goes down?

I hear you Rita. People will find websites whether here or somewhere else.
It's when there are no more websites, then we need to worry.
Many will be in the dark.
Maybe as they say... ignorance is bliss.

I think if there was no concern, then people wouldn't post the article.
When the Media isn't reporting anything substantial on the telly, then people have to look in other places to get news.
Some places are just more crude than others.

That's my opinion
Hugs

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy , Thanks for the conversation. I don’t think you have fully understood my concerns, but that’s fine, I appreciate you being willing to communicate and look at the website ect
Right I had better get up( sitting in bed with a cuppa as it’s my day off ) ..........
Have a good day, or night xx ( time zones )
Rita
I believe what you asking is if I agree with a website that appears bias towards Palestinians?
And should that website be allowed in a Christian forum?

All I'm saying is from this point on EVERYTHING is BIAS to somebody somewhere. And they will exploit this as much as possible.
If you want "reports" or "information" you have to look beyond the obvious biases to get to the news.
That article was the first I heard about the tunnel.
Sometimes smutty magazines have the best stories.
Remember.. I only buy Playboy for the articles?
They had good articles, you had to get beyond the nudity to find them though.
Just an example.
I don't read playboy. or girl.
:)
HUGS

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Ziggy,
Food for thought

I don’t think any of us would truly know how we would react if we lost communication with the wider outside world... we can speculate, presume, assume but until it happened we would not know.
The good part of being a Christian is at least we know that we can call on the Lord and seek his wisdom in how to not only deal with the situation, but also what we need to do and when. Which is what we have done when situations have changed ... initially it’s throws us.
The world around us would panic because their security lay in so many things, especially the internet. My security lay in The Lord. I have had many wilderness years and I am not aligned to a church......

In many respects lockdowns made many aware of where their securities lay , look how many were thrown because they could not physically meet up in a building. Some could not cope with that, where I am communities came together and supported one another, granted the internet was so valuable, but during war time here, when no internet existed and all people had was a radio , they pulled together in different ways.
Rita

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest you start your own thread on the subject of Hillsong and what you believe about it. You have not addressed my OP, just randomly posted a comment because Ziggy posted one music video. Your comment is not contributing to the discussion here, just using one thread to have a dig about something else.
Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Ziggy,
Food for thought

I don’t think any of us would truly know how we would react if we lost communication with the wider outside world... we can speculate, presume, assume but until it happened we would not know.
The good part of being a Christian is at least we know that we can call on the Lord and seek his wisdom in how to not only deal with the situation, but also what we need to do and when. Which is what we have done when situations have changed ... initially it’s throws us.
The world around us would panic because their security lay in so many things, especially the internet. My security lay in The Lord. I have had many wilderness years and I am not aligned to a church......

In many respects lockdowns made many aware of where their securities lay , look how many were thrown because they could not physically meet up in a building. Some could not cope with that, where I am communities came together and supported one another, granted the internet was so valuable, but during war time here, when no internet existed and all people had was a radio , they pulled together in different ways.
Rita
I've always been a loner.
I call my Dad every night.. it's mandated. If I fall asleep or don't call by 8pm I have the police at the door checking on me.
If I need a nap I take an early or late one now.
My Mother-in-law calls me 2-3 times a week. And I talk to my daughter a couple times a month.
That's my connection to the outside world.
Then there is the internet world which can be shut down anytime someone wants to pull the plug.
Whatever they give you they can take away.
Except your salvation. They have no control over that... yet.
That's what all this hate and division is about.
The devil is upset because he can't have what is already baught and paid for, and he is having a tantrum.
I'm surprised the media hasn't come out with: Jesus steals souls from the Devil, or Most Christians voted for Satan.
Just saying..
and if they say it enough, people begin to believe what they hear.
I think the whole world is based on propaganda.
Everybody wants your money and your soul.

The lockdowns drove many into the arms of the government. Which is where all the propaganda originates.
All those intelligent think tanks working together to control the narratives.
And drive people into not believing their own eyes and ears.
I don't trust anything I see in a video anymore. They can manipulate them to show you anything they want you to see, and hide everything they don't want you to see.
If you don't physically see it with your own eyes in real time.. I would question and I do.

The only video footage I have any (I don't want to say faith or even confidence in) willingness to take at face value, are live feeds from people actually on the ground that I have somewhat trust in.
Few and far between.
Like the live feeds from the protests and the riots. Those are real time recordings and the media says your not really seeing what your seeing. Those are peaceful and protected under the first amendment.

Oh look maw, if we get the vaccine we can drop the masks!
Nope, not safe, wear them anyways.
But, But the science says... don't we trust the science?
Yes, er I mean No, ummm I don't know.
And if we get the vaccine we won't get sick!
Well, not necessarily true. You can still get covid, but you won't die from it.
But I thought covid had a 99.8% recovery rate anyways?
Don't believe it. Wash your hands, stand far apart, stay indoors, wear your mask, and always, always be afraid.
But maw...
Just trust the science.. or not.. umm I don't know.

People are so confused and scared. And we allowed this to happen.
They have manipulated the world into taking a shot in the arm that no one truly knows anything about.
Except what the good doctor Fauci says when he can make up his mind which way to direct the winds.

Winds, doctrines, propaganda... all created to coerce people into doing things they ordinarilly and with good common sense would never think of doing.

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Apostacy:
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

This is the world we live in.
And the Storm is upon us.
Stand fast.
Look through the fog and see the truth.

God Bless
Hugs

Reactions: NayborBear

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reporting info is one thing but should we be concerned about what those websites represent.
We should always be concerned that truth is being presented. But opinions are opinions, and free speech is free speech.

Getting back to the killing of Muslims, Radical Islam is committed to the killing of Christians and Jews. Islamists continue to commit atrocities in every part of the world, and for the most part they are not being held accountable.

As to the conflict between Palestine and Israel, it is all because of Joe Biden and his favoring of Palestinians and Iran over Israel. So if Muslims or Jews are now being killed, Biden should be charged with crimes against humanity, and either impeached or arrested and removed from office. He wilfully, maliciously, and unnecessarily reversed everything that Trump has done to bring peace to the Middle East.

"What is especially heinous Biden’s refusal to send Israel absolutely necessary supplies is the fact that one of the reasons Hamas can be so profligate with its rockets is that Biden has opened up the cash spigot again for Iran. Iran, of course, is the entity that supplies Hamas with the rockets it is using to destroy a sovereign nation that is the culmination of a continuous Jewish presence on that land for over 4000 years."
https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...l_bidens_actions_speak_louder_than_words.html

Last edited: