Should Christians use foreign doctors who practice a foreign religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've wondered about this and how safe we really are putting our health into the hands of a doctor who is practicing a religion that we know falls under the description of "doctrines of demons."

I was talking to a man in line who told me that he can't stand all the foreign doctors here because he can't understand them. Outside of the obvious language barriers, I found that other dangers lurk. I've discussed this with others who are afraid that foreign doctors aren't trained up to American standards. I read that foreign doctors have been found negligent in a number of patient deaths and was shocked when I looked at our state disciplinary roster and almost all were foreign doctors.

I then read that Texe Maars brother died at the hands of a foreign doctor, and I read of people who used fake M.D. credentials just to get to America on H1b visas. I read that they're surprisingly easy to get overseas. There is an estimated 10,000 fake foreign doctors practicing in America. I read where one operated on a man in Florida and paralyzed him. They caught one near us so I only use American doctors now.

I wonder if other believers feel that the religious differences may put them at risk in any way since that person obviously doesn't has Christ Spirit living within so they'd be under Satan's control. Other than that I wondered if anyone had reservations about using a foreign-trained doctor.

I see this as yet another aspect of how Americans are being put at risk in every way.

Revealed: 3 in 4 of Britain's danger doctors are trained abroad

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which religions fall into the category of "doctrines of demons"? Everything that isn't Christianity?
In most countries, Christian doctors are in a minority, so most of us don't have the luxury of choosing a Christian doctor.

If all unbelievers are "under Satan's control", should we be afraid to entrust our car to an unbelieving car mechanic? Should we not buy food from an unbelieving shopkeeper? It gets a bit ridiculous.

"3 in 4 of Britain's danger doctors trained abroad" sounds an alarming statistic, but what really matters from our point of view is what proportion of all foreign doctors are dangerous. If one-third of all doctors in the UK trained abroad, yet only 420 of them have been struck off, that's a tiny proportion.

As far as competence is concerned, in the UK (I have no experience of the US) there have been very few cases of incompetence or fraud. Most doctors who come from overseas are perfectly well trained and only need to adjust to a different culture. The NHS vets its employees' qualifications very strictly, so few slip through the net. In private medicine the situation is obviously different, so it's up to you to do your own research.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm no expert - but I'm sure that pastors have written about what religions are "doctrines of demons" We know that christianity is true so I surmise it would be other religions of which I can only guess. Do you have a belief which religions are "doctrines of demons?"

I see your point - it's a very valid point. It was something I wondered about for a long time and never really addressed. I would take more care in choosing a physician than a a mechanic however - at least now; I didn't use to. You've never wondered about this? I thought about it several years into becoming a believer. I happened to have a very bad experience with a foreign doctor so I don't think that he was trained to the standard American doctors are. Then my family doctor relocated and I used a foreign doctor in his group and I caught him charging for weird procedures that he never did. Then a local "doctor" was caught falsifying records so I searched our state's disciplinary record and it was mostly all foreign doctors. Then I researched it and learned the statistic that 10,000 or more fake doctors are "practicing" in America, having used fake medical degrees just to get into the country on H1b visas. I felt the need to alert others to be careful as I read of one man who became paralyzed after a fake foreign "doctor" operated on him. Forewarned is forearmed.

This website gives a list of religions that they consider to be doctrines of demons. I don't know if there are any differences among Christians regarding this - I imagine there are since Christians disagree on so many things:

Doctrines of Demons: Real Deliverance Ministries

So reading that site I just wondered how comfortable others are in turning over the keys to their temple to one practicing such.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was the medicine "Western" doctors practice invented by Jesus or something?
Poor *SG* thinks "the sky is falling" every time she turns on her computer.