Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Funny but the RCC religious Priesthood looks & acts the part of the modern day
Pharisees.
bishops-at-bpw-consecration_med.jpeg

I do not like all the religious trappings.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree that water baptism doesn't save anybody but baptism is a public confession to the world that we are indeed saved and have decided to follow Jesus. Of course there are people that will go through the motions, but God knows their hearts and their motives and knows when it is genuine and when it is not.
Very beautifully, Acts 2.42 follows on from Acts 2.41, a verse which shows that those who gladly received the preaching of the Gospel were baptised.

Reactions: Acolyte and Pearl

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that water baptism doesn't save anybody but baptism is a public confession to the world that we are indeed saved and have decided to follow Jesus. Of course there are people that will go through the motions, but God knows their hearts and their motives and knows when it is genuine and when it is not.
I was christened as a baby, but when I became an adult I left that church seeking a God submitted, faith in Jesus alone , bible believing/teaching denomination, took Bible study classes , repented & asked forgiveness, made a public confession of faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. I got saved and THEN was baptized as a public testimony of my faith. Praise the Lord!

Reactions: Acolyte

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG

Water Bpatism is NOT in view in Col 2:11-12!!

There is only ONE BAPTISM (Eph 4:5) that saves and that is circumscribed in Titus 3:5 as the washing of regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Baptism means “to wash” if you already did not know it.

BTW, Water Baptism does NOT save anyone. It is a shadow of the real thing.

To God Be The Glory
Uhhhhhh, no.

Water Baptism is NECESSARY for salvation - per JESUS CHRIST. Jesus told Nicodemus that a man must be born of WATER AND SPIRIT to enter the Kingdom of God (John 3:5). Indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the ENDS - Water Baptism is the MEANS by which this is accomplished. Not JUST water - but water AND Spirit.

There were exceptions to the rule in Scripture as with Cornelius and the Philippian Jailer. For that matter - the Thief on the cross was also an exception because he was totally unable to be Baptized after coming to faith. However - NEVER base your doctrines on the exception.

The Scriptures say NOTHING of the 3000 or so people on Pentecost (Acts 2:41) receiving the Holy Spirit before they were Baptized. NOR does it mention that the Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts 8 received the Holy spirit prior to being Baptized. In fact - Peter told the 3000 the normal chronological order:
Acts 2:38

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The prophecy in Ezekiel testifies to this formula:

Ezek 36:25-27
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

First one - then the other . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny but the RCC religious Priesthood looks & acts the part of the modern day
Pharisees.
bishops-at-bpw-consecration_med.jpeg

They look like shepherds to me . . .

Does this mean that you couldn't answer any of my questions??
Pretty much what I thought . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They look like shepherds to me . . .

Does this mean that you couldn't answer any of my questions??
Pretty much what I thought . . .
They are the counterfeit, the imitators of everything Christian, but they are the Pharasees of modern day.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not like all the religious trappings.
That's funny - GOD saw Solomon's Temple filled with its ornate "trappings" and was PLEASED.
He sent His Spirit to dwell there (2 Chron. 7:1).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are the counterfeit, the imitators of everything Christian, but they are the Pharasees of modern day.
Based on what, exactly??
'YOUR disapproval - or something else??

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was christened as a baby, but when I became an adult I left that church seeking a God submitted, faith in Jesus alone , bible believing/teaching denomination, took Bible study classes , repented & asked forgiveness, made a public confession of faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. I got saved and THEN was baptized as a public testimony of my faith. Praise the Lord!

Just so. That is similar to my own testimony. Bless you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's try this again . . .

Isaiah 5:20 " 20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who turn darkness to light and light to darkness, Who Replace bitter with sweet and sweet with bitter. 21 Woe to Those Who are Wise in Their Own eyes and Clever in Their Own Sight..."

Sorry but the Roman Catholic Church epidomizes the modern day Pharisees who added to the Bible scripture, reinterpreted it and usurped it as God's sole written Authority and gave THEMSELVES the equal authority to MAKE up Their Own Scriptures, false Doctrines, & Religious Traditions.
Interestingly there are anathemas in the Bible for adding or subtracting to the Holy Bible, & what does the RCC do then? well , it declares it's OWN anathemas, like the one upon the Protestants who refused to bow the knee to Rome. Sorry to say, looks like the RCC is the religious imposter who usurps God's authority. Trying to name it'self " THE" church" and Christ's "bride" . The RCC is a counterfeit of Christianity right down the middle.
While we're talking about "counterfeits" - you may as well add yourself to the list because EVERY one of your posts contains lies. Like the proverbial schoolteacher, I usually mark them in RED and go down the list . . .

Now, as I have educated you on numerous posts - you erroneously use the term "Roman Catholic Church" when you simply don't understand what that means. Would you care to explain??

Secondly, you claim that the Catholic Church "made up their own Scriptures."
This is one of the most idiotic things you've ever said because even the most virulent anti-Catholics out there would never make this statement. Ummmmmmm, would you care to provide documented evidence for this??

Idiotic comment #3: You claim that the Catholic Church issued an anathema on Protestants for "refusing to bow the knee to Rome."
Would you care to tell me WHICH Council issue this "anathema"?? What year was it issued??

Do you even understand what an "anathema" is - and against WHOM they are issued??

I can't WAIT to read your response . . .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's funny - GOD saw Solomon's Temple filled with its ornate "trappings" and was PLEASED.
He sent His Spirit to dwell there (2 Chron. 7:1).

Yes, Jesus looked great in his religious robes. He is my example.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You were both Baptized as babies.
The second time around - you just got wet . . .

I did it as a direct result of hearing God tell me to. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did - I was confirmed at 14.
I wasn't "re-baptized" . . .

Hey, I was confirmed too, but God's direct word to me superseded that. I can tell you though that I went through a lot of soul searching over it and like you persisted in denying that it was necessary so I do know where you're coming from. But in the end I surrendered to his authority.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I follow The Way. God is never wrong but often people are mistaken.
So, let me get this straight:
God was pleased by Solomon's ornate Temple.
Jesus was pleased that the woman broke an expensive jar of perfume and poured it on Him - and rebuked Judas for complaining that she didn't give the money to the poor.

But YOU are disgusted with the Catholic Church for its tribute to God??
Not sure how that works . . .