Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - you ARE an anti-Catholic.
This had NOTHING to do with the fact that you "disagree" with Catholic teaching. Anybody can disagree and that doesn't make them "anti-Catholic".

What makes YOU an anti-Catholic are your constant lies about what the Church teaches and believes.
You and I have had MANY discussions where I have had to set you straight - yet you persist in your lies. Your use of the term "Romanism" is anti-Catholic.

As for Acts 2:39 - Peter states emphatically that the promise being made to the people he is speaking to is for them AND their children and ANYBODY whom God calls.

You STILL haven't been able to tell me how an 8-day-old Jewish baby can enter a Covenant with God on the faith of his parents - but an 8-day-old Christian baby can't.
Can you explain this??

No, you're a liar. You set no one straight. All you do is tighten the legal hold upon the believers in the Roman Church. You offer the cracker but no wine to your own people. Choke on that.

The promise is not 'baptism'.

Circumcision did nothing to define if the child was a believer or not. It identified the baby as distinct and of the Jewish race. Baptism is for the believer. It is for those who have believed and are then baptized.

Stranger

Reactions: tzcho2

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then you wonder WHY I call you an "anti-Catholic" . . .

Wonder all you want. There is much in the Roman Church I disagree with. That doesn't mean I am anti-catholic. I disagree with much in the Protestant churches. That doesn't mean I am anti-protestant.

But I am anti-breadoflife. Because you show you are concerned with nothing but that which is false within the Roman Church. You do not represent the believer in Christ that is in the Roman Church.

Stranger

Reactions: tzcho2 and Ezra

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we believe the word of God, as taught by the Holy Spirit (1 John 2:27), is the source of truth and has full authority. The Holy Spirit is the pure teaching authority in the Church. He leads to all truth. Humans, as always, want to be their own gods and have authority over others--to the point that they are willing to kill those who resist. The RCC has certainly not been the only religious group to kill others who do not agree with their dogma, but they are a glaring example. Their teaching and example is a contradiction to the teachings of Christ, who forbids His disciples to "lord it over" others. It was the early church's Ignatius of Antioch (not to be confused with Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits) who first proposed a hierarchy which would have authority. It didn't take long to put the rules of men in the place of the rule of Christ.

Yes, but even we, as Protestants. must sift and struggle with the many false teachings within Protestantism today. We must find within our church those who are believers and fellowship with them. We must recognize that the leadership overall, has failed us, both Protestant and Roman.

Stranger

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow......I’m not sad? Soooo your calling me a liar? How nice of you....:rolleyes:

According to you as a Catholic I am “terribly ignorant of facts”......Hmmmmmm.....are the Protestants that believe some of the same things that Catholics believe “terribly ignorant” also? Or are they just a little bit ignorant?

Wow......The Roman cult has lifted itself up to be equal to God??? How has it done that? Do you have an example?

Curious Mary
Ya, I doubt that your actually sad, sarcasm is more your style.

Last edited:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right Stranger. No infants have ever been baptized by the direction of the head of the family in the 2,000 year history of Christianity. No scripture says that baptism replaces circumcission.

You are right Stranger. Infants are part of a family but when families are baptized they are not part of a family.

You are right Stranger. I reject the your teaching of Acts 2:39 that is outside the Bible.

You are right Stranger. Baptism is clearly laid out. One has to believe before they can be baptized. Every biblical theologian that says opposite of your teaching and the 2,000 year practice of Christianity is wrong and YOU are right.

Finally....I have switched to your side. What other truths can you teach me?

Does baptism save or is it just a symbol?

"...I have switched to your side."
To 'switch' sides you must be born again. Reject the god you worship: the wafer and wine. And believe in the God you cannot see.
Just saying...

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is the Governmental institution of slavery that you are addressing?

Your statements that you are praying for me really have a hollow ring to them when you are also declaring Quantrill as a stone cold killer. In other words if you don't know what you're talking about with Quantrill, then you you can't be trusted about what you're talking about with me.

Your 'concerns' for me, are no concerns of mine.

Quantrill
Your statemnts that I am crazy and a liar do not ring hollow with me. You should try something different. I have a suggestion: Mark 12:31

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...I have switched to your side."
To 'switch' sides you must be born again. Reject the god you worship: the wafer and wine. And believe in the God you cannot see.
Just saying...
Well, I was baptized so I was born again.

When Jesus held up the "wafer and wine" he said, "Do this in remembrance of me" and us Christians have been doing it for 2,000 years. Therefore I will not take your advise and reject what Jesus told me to do. I will reject what you just told me to do since it is opposite of what Scripture teaches.

Just saying.....;)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statemnts that I am crazy and a liar do not ring hollow with me. You should try something different. I have a suggestion: Mark 12:31
Oh dear ....memory lapse? Your posts love to call individual people who criticize the dogma of the institution of the RCC "catholic-haters" & liars, but, it is the Institution of the RCC & it's False teachings that have been criticized, i.e. the false practices & idolatrous traditions etc. We have never attacked individual catholics--we pity them & want them free from being lead astray by the deceptive teachings of the RCC. They are also our friends & family members. The attacks upon individuals has been from yourself and BOL.
As for loving your neighbor scripture you are invoking, ironically I haven't seen you demonstrate that yet,only sarcasm.
Imo, it is loving to want people to be free of the deception & duplicity of the RCC. It is very Loving to speak the truth as written in the Word of God, reproving with scripture (as we are instructed) & exposing the false teachings of the RCC which opposes the Bible alone as God's Own Authoritative source , to those who have been mislead,enchanted, beguiled & held captive by the RCC's Crafty counterfeit & impersonation of "the" true Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. The RCC reveals it's man-made doctrines/ dogma & religious traditions to be outside of and in direct opposition to the Word of God, that the Lord Jesus is the only Mediator between God & man, that Jesus alone bore our sins on the cross & faith in His taking our place gives us salvation not water baptism, salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus alone, that God alone is the heavenly Father, that justification is by faith alone in the finished work of Christ Jesus on Calvary.
Psalm 119: 89 " LORD, your word is settled in heaven forever."
Psalm 119:130 "The entrance of your words gives light. It gives understanding to the simple."
Prov 30: 5,6 "Every word of God is flawless. He is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Don’t you add to his words, Lest he reprove you, and you be found a liar."
1Tim 2:5" There is only one mediator between God and men, that man Christ Jesus...."
1 Pet 2:24 "He Himself bore our sins..."
Matt 23:9 "And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven..."
2Cor 5:21 "God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God..."
Ephesians 2: 8-9 " 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—9 not by works, so that no one can boast."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you're a liar. You set no one straight. All you do is tighten the legal hold upon the believers in the Roman Church. You offer the cracker but no wine to your own people. Choke on that.

The promise is not 'baptism'.

Circumcision did nothing to define if the child was a believer or not. It identified the baby as distinct and of the Jewish race. Baptism is for the believer. It is for those who have believed and are then baptized.

Stranger
WHO said the promise was Baptism, Einstein??
I said the promises OF baptism. the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the forgiveness of sin.

Circumcision initiated the child into the Covenant with God.
Baptism initiates the person into the NEW Covenant with God.

Baptism FULFILLS Circumcision - and it is for ALL (Acts 2:39), not just males - and not just adults.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonder all you want. There is much in the Roman Church I disagree with. That doesn't mean I am anti-catholic. I disagree with much in the Protestant churches. That doesn't mean I am anti-protestant.

But I am anti-breadoflife. Because you show you are concerned with nothing but that which is false within the Roman Church. You do not represent the believer in Christ that is in the Roman Church .
Stranger
And in your abject ignorance - you keep stating that I belong to the "Roman Church" when my avatar CLEARLY indicates that I live in the Unites States. My archdiocese is about 10,000 miles away from the Roman Church.

Now - the fact that you are trying to use this term as a pejorative - especially after I have repeatedly corrected you about this - THAT is what makes you an anti-Catholic. You don't just "disagree" with the Catholic Church - you LIE about it.

That's the textbook definition of an Anti-Catholic . . .

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear ....memory lapse? Your posts love to call individual people who criticize the dogma of the institution of the RCC "catholic-haters" & liars,...
Hi tzcho,

Sooooo no evidence of me being a liar and still no apology.

Which post did I call someone a "catholic-hater"? I don't recall doing that.

I look forward to your evidence before we can move on....:rolleyes:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for another example of your sarcastic responses!
Sooooo you calling me a liar with no evidence to back it up is Christian like? Hmmmmm......I don't recognize that form of Christianity....:(

Suggesting that you love your neighbor as yourself is sarcasim? I guees the bible is full of sarcasm's.;)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 119:130 "The entrance of your words gives light. It gives understanding to the simple."
Prov 30: 5,6 "Every word of God is flawless. He is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Don’t you add to his words, Lest he reprove you, and you be found a liar."
1Tim 2:5" There is only one mediator between God and men, that man Christ Jesus...."
Matt 23:9 "And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven..."
2Cor 5:21 "God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God..."
Ephesians 2: 8-9 " 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—9 not by works, so that no one can boast."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHERE is the verse that says ALL of God’s Word is written down in the Bible??

You missed that one . . .
I agree 100%.

HOWEVER
- we are ALL called to intercede for one another, Einstein (1 Cor. 3:9, 1 Tim. 2:1-3, Eph 6:18, James 5:16, 1 John 5:16).
I agree 100%.
READ
your Bible correctly, Einstein . . .

- “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).
- St. Stephen refers to "our father Abraham," (Acts 7:2).
- St. Paul speaks of "our father Isaac” (Romans 9:10).
- For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).
I agree 100%.
James 2:24
See how a person is justified by WORKS and NOT BY FAITH ALONE.

1 Cor. 13:2

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have LOVE, I AM NOTHING.

1 Cor. 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the GREATEST of these is LOVE.

Don't just quote the Bible, Einstein - LEARN what it MEANS . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In other words you ignore my statments concerning slavery, that you brought up by the way. And you ignore my statements concerning Quantrill, that you also brought up.

Yet you know one thing...you're not crazy.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO said the promise was Baptism, Einstein??
I said the promises OF baptism. the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the forgiveness of sin.

Circumcision initiated the child into the Covenant with God.
Baptism initiates the person into the NEW Covenant with God.

Baptism FULFILLS Circumcision - and it is for ALL (Acts 2:39), not just males - and not just adults.

More lies. Baptism does not bring one, or 'initiate' one into the New Covenant. That is done by faith, and faith alone. (Acts 16:31) (Acts 8:37-38) Then comes baptism.

Circumcision identified one as a child of Israel. It didn't identify one as a child of God.

Stranger

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in your abject ignorance - you keep stating that I belong to the "Roman Church" when my avatar CLEARLY indicates that I live in the Unites States. My archdiocese is about 10,000 miles away from the Roman Church.

Now - the fact that you are trying to use this term as a pejorative - especially after I have repeatedly corrected you about this - THAT is what makes you an anti-Catholic. You don't just "disagree" with the Catholic Church - you LIE about it.

That's the textbook definition of an Anti-Catholic . . .

Your avatar clearly states you offer the cracker and no wine also. So what?

No, I am not 'anti-catholic'. I am not even 'anti-Roman'. But I am anti-you, and any other priests in the Roman church that represent the bondage that you hold the believers in Christ in.

So, I am anti-papcy. I am anti-breadoflife. You are the textbook of what I am anti about concerning the Roman Church.

Stranger