Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the articles on the link I posted Mary. There is no instance of infant baptism in the bible. All the baptisms are of believers. Follow the teaching of God not just the church which is fallible in many areas.

Agree.

Baby baptism was not taught because Babies can not confess the belief in their heart.

And neither can the babies parents confess what is the belief in a babies heart.

Nor is it taught a priest knows the belief in a Babies heart.

Scripture clearly teaches only God and the individual knows the belief in an individuals own heart.

Without a confession of Belief In God or In Christ the Lord Jesus;
Marymog testified Babies receive the Holy Spirit by a Water Baptism.

Marymog testifies her Belief is based on some unidentified historical writings and the teachings of some unidentified theologians.

Mary could not provide ANY Scriptural verification for her Claims.

Glory to God,
Taken

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, heat of the moment.. & also my interpretation of MM's word is enlightened as the hindus, new agers, buddhists or Oprah speaks of it . Not the process by which the Holy Spirit gives us the light of understanding. It was used by her with contempt. Sorry btw, my response didn't quote your post properly for some reason @ Taken, so I couldn't get it to show up.

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you tzcho.

When you decide you want to have a mature conversation using facts, scripture and logic, let me know.

I feel sad for you that you can't defend your theory. I don't understand why you choose to be petty and go on bizarre rants with needless snipes. I suspect you have your reasons. Lack of confidence and evidence in what you believe I suspect is the reason.

Mary
You are the one that rants mary. I just cite your behavior & BoL's as per usual the opposite of what you say is the truth. Sniping- that is you mary, and sarcasm & of course dishonesty.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, heat of the moment.. & also my interpretation of MM's word is enlightened as the hindus, new agers, buddhists or Oprah speaks of it . Not the process by which the Holy Spirit gives us the light of understanding. It was used by her with contempt. Sorry btw, my response didn't quote your post properly for some reason @ Taken, so I couldn't get it to show up.

No problem.
And BTW got your drift...
Mystical "enlightenment" VS "Gods Spiritual Enlightenment".

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: tzcho2 and Pearl

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Altar calls are nothing but preaching the gospel message according to the word, making an invitation to respond to the message & a follow up for those seeking God, & new believers, that takes place weekly in local Bible believing churches. Water baptism follows Holy Spirit baptism which occurs when a person believes the gospel.
Acts 2: 41 "41 Those who embraced the message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to the believers that day. 42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.…"
Acts 5:14
Yet more and more believers were brought to the Lord--large numbers of both men and women."

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Nowhere in the Bible is anyone "enlightened". The term itself conjures up implications of pagan/gnostic thought which is anything but orthodox Christianity. But then, the RCC is full of paganism and gnosticism. The "fish hat" of the priests of the Philistine fish-god, Dagon, is what the RCC calls a "bishop's miter". When viewed from the side, it looks like a gaping fish head. Pagan Babylonian religious texts were brought to the Vatican when Byzantium fell and infected the RCC with even more paganism. Gnosticism is very evident in the rules for the priestly hierarchy which holds the priesthood above the laity. The fact that there is a priesthood at all is evidence of wrong thinking in the RCC. God established the priesthood of ancient Israel--Christians have no such sanction. The pagans have always had "priests". Do we really want to be like them? ALL Christians are to be a part of the "priesthood of all believers" and Jesus said we are all equal.

Reactions: tzcho2

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a great many sources of the information I presented. Apparently "Jack Chick" is someone you hate and despise--I'll have to check him out--never heard of him til now. I didn't say that those who killed Lincoln were Jesuits but it is precisely true that 4 out of 5 of the assassination conspirators were RC. Seems odd since there were proportionally few RCs in the country, at the time. If you would do some actual reading of history instead of what you are force-fed by the Romanist hierarchy, you might know more. You know little about the organization which you serve.
And YOU know little about history and instead choose to hang onto idiotic conspiracy theories.

The fact that the conspirators were largely of the same faith is not "odd" or even interesting. MANY people who are trusted allies are from the same faith tradition, especially for the time in which it occurred. It would be MORE bizarre of they were all of different faiths . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Paul is not the 'spiritual father' to the Corinthians or any other believers. He is instrumental as the one presenting them the Gospel by which they were born again. Making God their Father...only. If I witness to one and he believes, that does not make me his 'father'. It makes God his Father.

Oh, you mean not like Paul preached? Why do you make a fuss over Paul's being a 'Father', yet you do not come to Christ the same way? When were you born again? As an infant? Or did you come to Christ as your Lord and Saviour?

Stranger
I realize that being schooled by a Catholic is about the worst kind of insult for you to endure – but you cannot change Scripture. It says what it says – and there’s NOTHING you can do about it.

Back in post #602, I gave you a linguistics lesson straight from Strong’s Greek Concordance – and it states CLEARLY that Paul is calling himself a “Father” to the Corinthians. Here it is again . . .

The Greek word used here is egennēsa (ἐγέννησα), which means “FATHER”:

Morphology: VIAA--1S Strong's: 1080 Transliterated: egennēsa Root:γεννάω
1) of men who fathered children 1a) to be born 1b) to be begotten 1b1) of women giving birth to children 2) metaph. 2a) to engender, cause to arise, excite 2b) in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his way of life, to convert someone 2c) of God making Christ his son 2d) of God making men his sons through faith in Christ's work

Here are some more Biblical examples of men being called “Father” who were NOT actually fathers of these people . . .

“I was a FATHER to the poor, and I searched out the cause of him whom I did not know” (Job 29:16)

Elisha cried out, “My FATHER, my FATHER!” to Elijah as he was carried up to heaven in a whirlwind (2 Kgs. 2:12)

Elisha himself is called a FATHER by the king of Israel (2 Kgs. 6:21).

Jesus said, “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).

Stephen refers to "our FATHER Abraham," (Acts 7:2).

Paul speaks of "our FATHER Isaac” (Romans 9:10).

Paul wrote to Timothy, “You then, MY SON, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Tim. 2:1).

Paul again talks about his being a FATHER to Timothy - “But Timothy’s worth you know, how as a son with a FATHER he has served with me in the gospel” (Phil. 2:22).

Paul wrote, “I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose FATHER I have become in my imprisonment” (Philem. 10).

You LOSE this argument because of your blind hatred of the Catholic Church and your refusal to understand the Gospel.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in the Bible is anyone "enlightened". The term itself conjures up implications of pagan/gnostic thought which is anything but orthodox Christianity. But then, the RCC is full of paganism and gnosticism. The "fish hat" of the priests of the Philistine fish-god, Dagon, is what the RCC calls a "bishop's miter". When viewed from the side, it looks like a gaping fish head. Pagan Babylonian religious texts were brought to the Vatican when Byzantium fell and infected the RCC with even more paganism. Gnosticism is very evident in the rules for the priestly hierarchy which holds the priesthood above the laity. The fact that there is a priesthood at all is evidence of wrong thinking in the RCC. God established the priesthood of ancient Israel--Christians have no such sanction. The pagans have always had "priests". Do we really want to be like them? ALL Christians are to be a part of the "priesthood of all believers" and Jesus said we are all equal.
Paganism , gnosticism with the priests and priestesses or goddess images to adore, which is why the Rcc latched on to images of Mary creating a RC divine mythology around her that is not written in the scriptures.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fr. Malachi Martin (who died under suspicious circumstances) said that the Vatican is a death-loving, Luciferian cult. He said that he personally witnessed ugly activities when assigned to the Vatican. One can well imagine that, given the nature of the Vatican's St. Peter's Basilica.

What lies beneath St. Peter's Basilica is a vast necropolis filled with "artifacts" that defy understanding--"chapels" made entirely of human bones, with repulsive scenes of skeletal "grim reapers" in hooded cloaks. There are "altars" made entirely of human bones as well--one wonders (with a shudder) the why and the what, for which they were used. The necropolis was "discovered," below the supposed tomb of the Apostle Peter, during WWII. There are also rumored to be, secret passageways that lead to the surface. But one doesn't even have to go down there to see ghastly relics made of the bodies of dead people from the past. Watching a video clip, I nearly gagged at the sight of a youngster being dragged forward to kiss the glass coffin of a de-fleshed "saint". Can you imagine how it warped the minds of the monks and nuns who were assigned to the task of de-fleshing a newly deceased "saint"? Sometimes, they left the flesh on the corpses and mummified them instead. God said, in His word, that death is His last enemy. Why would any church who claims to worship Him want to plant constant reminders of death throughout the church?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in the Bible is anyone "enlightened".

I have to disagree with you on this point.

Elaborating...
God is Light. God is Truth.
Anyone Hearing about Him, IS being Enlightened of God, and His Truth.

The term itself conjures up implications of pagan/gnostic thought which is anything but orthodox Christianity.

That is Worldly "influence".
"Age of Enlightenment"....AS IF...only men of philosophical fortitude can be accomplished thinkers.

Discrimination is "bad"...
"As IF"...every single day people do not choose this over that.

Intolerance is "bad"...
"As IF"...one MUST agree with, support, like, what they do not like.

But then, the RCC is full of paganism and gnosticism.

Boasting of being the "oldest Christian Church".... is boasted "AS IF" that is a "good thing".....
Suppose it might be if all the little dirty secrets were KEPT secret.
Personally, not impressed...
Personally, do not agree with most of what they teach or the manner in which they teach it.

Glory to God,
Taken

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Elaborating...

Yes, but that particular word is usually reserved for Satan's counterfeit experience.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Elaborating...

That is Worldly "influence".
"Age of Enlightenment"....AS IF...only men of philosophical fortitude can be accomplished thinkers.

Discrimination is "bad"...
"As IF"...every single day people do not choose this over that.

Intolerance is "bad"...
"As IF"...one MUST agree with, support, like, what they do not like.

Boasting of being the "oldest Christian Church".... is boasted "AS IF" that is a "good thing".....
Suppose it might be if all the little dirty secrets were KEPT secret.
Personally, not impressed...
Personally, do not agree with most of what they teach or the manner in which they teach it.

Glory to God,
Taken

Ephesians 1:18
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

Hebrews 6:4
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,

Reactions: Taken and farouk