Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Paul is not claiming to be their Father. They are born-again by the Gospel that he has given them. They are not born again by Paul. Only God can born one again. And God does it through the Gospel. God is their Father, not Paul.

Again, were you born-again? How? Why do you ignore my question?

Stranger
WRONG.

I showed you the language that he used and he is talking about HIMSELF as a kind of spiritual father - in the same way that Abraham is the "Father" to the Jews - or a "Godfather" is to a newly baptized person.
He said, "I became your Father IN CHRIST" - not their actual Father.

As to your question - you've asked me this before - and I've answered you.
I was born again at Baptism, with Water and Spirit - just like Jesus prescribed (John 3:5).

This time, try to remember so you won't have to ask me this again . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you tzcho.

Since you KNOW the Truth of all these things please write a catechism and reveal what you KNOW to the rest of the world so we may become as enlightened as you are.

Mary
Where is the word enlightened in the Bible? I've never found it there. Only heard that word referenced in the false spiritual teachings like mysticism, eastern religions & new age spirituality.
It also sounds like you are looking for a mere human spiritual teacher or a Guru, that is a mistake. The Truth of God, is only found in the Word of God --that being the 66 books books of the Bible. These 66 books are the sole authoritative, infallible voice of God. As soon as you bring in other sources whether they be written by men, Nor spoken by Popes ,nor priests as equal to the word of God, you get yourself spiritually messed up & you've jumped the track and are following a murky & wrong spiritual path, you have lost your way. Until you understand What consists of the only Holy authoritative Word of God, you cannot hear & receive the Truth of God, the heavenly Father of the Lord Jesus Christ & salvation is only through Him, who is the only mediator between God & man, the Lord Jesus Christ, the son of God who has no divine or earthly equal.

Psalm 119:89 "89Forever, O LORD,
Your word is settled in heaven.
Matt 4:4 “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you tzcho.

Since you KNOW the Truth of all these things please write a catechism and reveal what you KNOW to the rest of the world so we may become as enlightened as you are.

Mary
All you can do is insult Mary as per usual. You don't seem to recognize that I am speaking of what is in the Bible , Not of myself. If you were taught by the word of God , then you would recognize that.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you're the one who always provides pictures to sway your argument. What's the matter? Did Jack Chick educate you on the power of persuasion? Appears so.

Stranger
Ummmmmm, NOT sure where you're getting your point of reference.

I was responding to a moronic post by @Lady Crosstalk that didn't have any pictures - just asinine conspiracy theories . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmm, NOT sure where you're getting your point of reference.

I was responding to a moronic post by @Lady Crosstalk that didn't have any pictures - just asinine conspiracy theories . . .
Rotfl! I think this is a case of .... " the moron is in the " I" of the beholder. ;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is the word enlightened in the Bible? I've never found it there. Only heard that word referenced in the false spiritual teachings like mysticism, eastern religions & new age spirituality.
It also sounds like you are looking for a mere human spiritual teacher or a Guru, that is a mistake. The Truth of God, is only found in the Word of God --that being the 66 books books of the Bible. These 66 books are the sole authoritative, infallible voice of God. As soon as you bring in other sources whether they be written by men, Nor spoken by Popes ,nor priests as equal to the word of God, you get yourself spiritually messed up & you've jumped the track and are following a murky & wrong spiritual path, you have lost your way. Until you understand What consists of the only Holy authoritative Word of God, you cannot hear & receive the Truth of God, the heavenly Father of the Lord Jesus Christ & salvation is only through Him, who is the only mediator between God & man, the Lord Jesus Christ, the son of God who has no divine or earthly equal.

Psalm 119:89 "89Forever, O LORD,
Your word is settled in heaven.
Matt 4:4 “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
Hi,

I thought you were a spiritual leader or Guru since you KNOW that I follow a false teaching and that I and all the men that wrote the doctrines of the CC lack understanding of Christian doctrine? You KNOW there are 66 books of the bible; not 73.

Are you not trying to lead me away from the evil men who told me 73 books and convinced me that their doctrine are right? I am willing to bet you have even told others on this forum that they were wrong in what they believe and you are right. Since you KNOW what the Truth is and that everyone else is wrong you MUST be a guru or spiritual leader?

Are you saying your not a spiritual leader? :( If so, why are you trying to lead me?

If your not a spiritual leader, why should I listen to anything you say? ;)

You say 66 books. What makes you so confident that you KNOW it is 66 and not 73? Which men do you follow to come to the 66 book conclusion?

Oh, that's right....You don't follow other men. You just read the bible and the Truth magically pops into your head. And you know your reading the right bible because the voice in your head told read these 66......o_O

Thank you for your time.......Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you can do is insult Mary as per usual. You don't seem to recognize that I am speaking of what is in the Bible , Not of myself. If you were taught by the word of God , then you would recognize that.
You have made it clear that what the CC teaches is wrong; it is not the truth.

Since you KNOW it is not the Truth you MUST know the truth. That is called logic!!!

Sooooo if you take it as an "insult" to ask you to reveal the Truth to everyone else by writing that Truth in a book......You don't know what the word insult means. :(

If you are telling me you don't know the Truth and that is why you are taking my request as an insult then please stop telling me the CC does not teach the Truth.

If you are telling me you KNOW the Truth, PLEASE write it in a book for all to read so we can be as knowledgeable as you are.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Infant baptism doesn't count in my opinion.
Thanks Pearl.

Did you develop this opinion on your own or did someone else influence you into this opinion?

Mary

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Pearl.

Did you develop this opinion on your own or did someone else influence you into this opinion?

Mary
As an Anglican I was 'baptised' as an infant. Later after I came to Christ and was baptised in the Spirit some friends told me I needed to be baptised. I argued and dug my heels in very firmly, holding to the 'baptism' I had received as an infant as the only one I needed. I would not budge. And then God himself showed me that I did indeed need to be baptised. Our vicar was very sympathetic but was not allowed to baptise me because of the traditional teachings of the church. So sadly I had to leave and go to somewhere that would.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have made it clear that what the CC teaches is wrong; it is not the truth.

Since you KNOW it is not the Truth you MUST know the truth. That is called logic!!!
Sooooo if you take it as an "insult" to ask you to reveal the Truth to everyone else by writing that Truth in a book......You don't know what the word insult means. :(
If you are telling me you don't know the Truth and that is why you are taking my request as an insult then please stop telling me the CC does not teach the Truth.
If you are telling me you KNOW the Truth, PLEASE write it in a book for all to read so we can be as knowledgeable as you are.

Mary
Your post is typical of the juvenile insults & mocking that comes from the followers of the Roman religion even down to the bolding. Lol

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Begs the questions: What did the infant actively agree with? and was there any direct exercise of personal faith in relation to it?
Exactly farouk. Baptism must be a choice not a ritual. It is an outward and public sign of our commitment to Jesus. When my parent took me to be baptised/christened at six weeks old it was just a 'thing' respectable families did. They were not believers, they were not church goers and neither were my Godparents. This still goes on. I quite like the idea of a blessing or naming ceremony as it brings non-believers into the sphere of the church but to call it baptism is in my view wrong.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Exactly farouk. Baptism must be a choice not a ritual. It is an outward and public sign of our commitment to Jesus. When my parent took me to be baptised/christened at six weeks old it was just a 'thing' respectable families did. They were not believers, they were not church goers and neither were my Godparents. This still goes on.
There is a lot of superstition out there; and it gives people a false sense of security.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Begs the questions: What did the infant actively agree with? and was there any direct exercise of personal faith in relation to it?
When my parent took me to be baptised/christened at six weeks old it was just a 'thing' respectable families did.
Soooooo, when Jews circumcised their 8-day-old sons who then entered the Covenant with God on the faith of their parents - they were just doing a "thing" respectable families did??

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As an Anglican I was 'baptised' as an infant. Later after I came to Christ and was baptised in the Spirit some friends told me I needed to be baptised. I argued and dug my heels in very firmly, holding to the 'baptism' I had received as an infant as the only one I needed. I would not budge. And then God himself showed me that I did indeed need to be baptised. Our vicar was very sympathetic but was not allowed to baptise me because of the traditional teachings of the church. So sadly I had to leave and go to somewhere that would.
Thanks.

I am a bit confused at what you are saying.

You were baptized as an infant and you firmly believed that you did not need to be re-Baptized. Then God himself showed you that you were wrong in your belief that, in fact, you did need to be re-Baptized. How did God show you that you needed to be re-Baptized?

The Anglicans (along with many Protestant Churches) teach that infant baptism is valid. Also, infant baptism has been practiced by Christians for 2,000 years. They use scripture to affirm that practice/belief.

Since God showed you that your baptism as an infant was not valid WHY did He mislead all those other Christian Churches into believing that infant baptism was valid?

Mary