Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? James said the sick person was saved. (James 5:7) "Be patient therefore, brethren...." (5:10) "Take, my brethren, the prophets..." (5:14) "Is any sick among you...." Who is being addressed? The brethren. Christians. The sick among the Christians is being addressed. The born-again. Those who have exercised faith in Christ.

Who said the infant can exercise faith?

Stranger
And there you go again claiming to be able to read the hearts of men.
MY Bible says that only GOD can do that (1 Sam. 16:7).

How do YOU know if a person is in grave sin or not?? NOBODY is fully "saved" until they are judged because salvation is a process (Rom. 5:1, 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8, 1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14, Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).
Being in a state of sin doesn't make you less of a Christian than the next guy. Read earlier in the Epistle of James where he is scolding his readers for NOT have true faith, but only "belief":

James 2:19-20

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?

YOUR problem is that you add to Scripture what is NOT there.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me any Protestant that holds to infant salvation by water baptism and I will show you a Protestant that is wrong. Scriptures don't teach it.

I reject water Baptismal Regeneration. You and Rome do not see the difference between water and Spirit baptism.

My faith is in Christ as given us to know in the Scriptures. Yours is in the Roman Church.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there you go again claiming to be able to read the hearts of men.
MY Bible says that only GOD can do that (1 Sam. 16:7).

How do YOU know if a person is in grave sin or not?? NOBODY is fully "saved" until they are judged because salvation is a process (Rom. 5:1, 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8, 1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14, Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).
Being in a state of sin doesn't make you less of a Christian than the next guy. Read earlier in the Epistle of James where he is scolding his readers for NOT have true faith, but only "belief":

James 2:19-20

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?

YOUR problem is that you add to Scripture what is NOT there.

No, I'm claiming to be able to read the Scriptures. James is showing that the one being healed is a believer. Why would sins even be brought up if it was not perhaps the result of sin. I say perhaps because Scripture says that. "If" (James 5:15)

(James 1:2) "My brethren...."

(James 1:18) "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth....."

(James 2:1) "My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons."

(James 2:5) "Hearken, my beloved brethren...."

James is addressing believers. Concerning (James 2:19-20), it does not apply to your argument. Why? Because you are saying the faith of the infant is not required. Your are saying the deeds of the infant is not required. In fact, (James 2:19-20) totally destroys your argument for infant baptism.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm claiming to be able to read the Scriptures. James is showing that the one being healed is a believer. Why would sins even be brought up if it was not perhaps the result of sin. I say perhaps because Scripture says that. "If" (James 5:15)

(James 1:2) "My brethren...."

(James 1:18) "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth....."

(James 2:1) "My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons."

(James 2:5) "Hearken, my beloved brethren...."

James is addressing believers. Concerning (James 2:19-20), it does not apply to your argument. Why? Because you are saying the faith of the infant is not required. Your are saying the deeds of the infant is not required. In fact, (James 2:19-20) totally destroys your argument for infant baptism.

Stranger
I didn't say the person wasn't a believer - that's not the issue.

YOU
said the person was "saved" prior to being prayed over. The text doesn't support this. It simply states that IF they have sins - they will be forgiven based on the prayer of faith of the PRESBYTERS, NOT the sick person himself.

The very SAME is true for Infant Baptism. The baby is regenerated by the Holy Spirit based on the prayer of faith of the family and presbyters. - just as a person is indwelt with the Holy Spirit by the laying of hands (Deut. 34:9, Acts 8:17-19, Acts 9:17, Acts 19:6).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me any Protestant that holds to infant salvation by water baptism and I will show you a Protestant that is wrong. Scriptures don't teach it.
I reject water Baptismal Regeneration. You and Rome do not see the difference between water and Spirit baptism.
My faith is in Christ as given us to know in the Scriptures. Yours is in the Roman Church.

Stranger
No - YOUR faith is in YOUR interpretation - period.
You reject what Christ and the Apostles taught because it doesn't line up with YOUR understanding.

As for your Protestant Fathers and their being "wrong" about their acceptance of Infant Baptism - how is it that you will follow them when it comes to Sola Scriptura and Sola Side - when NEITHER of those Protestant doctrines are supported by Scripture??

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are now who believe in GOD.............. saved and Gentiles..
Being Baptized is no longer in our time..........

Except religion who think so........... and it is not at this time........

Eph.2;

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say the person wasn't a believer - that's not the issue.

YOU
said the person was "saved" prior to being prayed over. The text doesn't support this. It simply states that IF they have sins - they will be forgiven based on the prayer of faith of the PRESBYTERS, NOT the sick person himself.

The very SAME is true for Infant Baptism. The baby is regenerated by the Holy Spirit based on the prayer of faith of the family and presbyters. - just as a person is indwelt with the Holy Spirit by the laying of hands (Deut. 34:9, Acts 8:17-19, Acts 9:17, Acts 19:6).

If the person is saved, then they are a believer. If a person is a believer then they are saved. I showed you that the person was a believer. Thus they are saved.

The only reason to introduce 'sin' in (James 5:15) is if the sickness is due to sin.

Therefore there is no comparison to infant baptism where the infant is not a believer. And, the verse you used, (James 2:19-20) destroys your argument as the infant has no faith and no deeds.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - YOUR faith is in YOUR interpretation - period.
You reject what Christ and the Apostles taught because it doesn't line up with YOUR understanding.

As for your Protestant Fathers and their being "wrong" about their acceptance of Infant Baptism - how is it that you will follow them when it comes to Sola Scriptura and Sola Side - when NEITHER of those Protestant doctrines are supported by Scripture??

No, I reject much of what the Roman Church teaches. And today, I reject much of what the Protestant church teaches. I can do that because I go by the Scripture only. You can't do that. You must tow the line for the Roman pope. For the Roman Church.

Jesus Christ said, 'It is written'. (Matt. 4:4,7,10) And that is what I say.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the person is saved, then they are a believer. If a person is a believer then they are saved. I showed you that the person was a believer. Thus they are saved.

The only reason to introduce 'sin' in (James 5:15) is if the sickness is due to sin.

Therefore there is no comparison to infant baptism where the infant is not a believer. And, the verse you used, (James 2:19-20) destroys your argument as the infant has no faith and no deeds.

Stranger
Your comment in RED is NOT supported by the CONTEXT of Scripture unless you cherry-pick verses here and there. Simply "believing" does NOT save you.

James assures his readers that even the DEMONS believe and tremble (James 2:19), so if that is ALL you do - then you're NO better off than the demons.

As for having no true faith and no deeds - James is scolding some of his readers, as I showed you, for NOT having true faith (James 2:19-20). They have been baptized/born again, so they can be prayed over and brought back. SAME goes for an infant who has been baptized/born again, as he grows . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I reject much of what the Roman Church teaches. And today, I reject much of what the Protestant church teaches. I can do that because I go by the Scripture only. You can't do that. You must tow the line for the Roman pope. For the Roman Church.

Jesus Christ said, 'It is written'. (Matt. 4:4,7,10) And that is what I say.

Stranger
No - I WON'T do that because that is NOT what Scripture commands us to do.

Scripture commands us to listen to the CHURCH as if we were listening to Christ and accept His CHURCH as we would accept HIM (Luke 10:16). Scripture tells us that WHATEVER His CHURCH ordains o earth shall be ordained in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, John 16:12-15).

Your rejections of His Church is a rejection of HIM and the ONE who sent Him (Luke 10:16).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are now who believe in GOD.............. saved and Gentiles..
Being Baptized is no longer in our time..........

Except religion who think so........... and it is not at this time........

Eph.2;

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

MOST of your Protestant brothers and sisters would disagree with you on that . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your comment in RED is NOT supported by the CONTEXT of Scripture unless you cherry-pick verses here and there. Simply "believing" does NOT save you.

James assures his readers that even the DEMONS believe and tremble (James 2:19), so if that is ALL you do - then you're NO better off than the demons.

As for having no true faith and no deeds - James is scolding some of his readers, as I showed you, for NOT having true faith (James 2:19-20). They have been baptized/born again, so they can be prayed over and brought back. SAME goes for an infant who has been baptized/born again, as he grows . . .

Go back and read post #(1063). I showed you the person is a believer. The person is saved. Thus your comparison does not work for infant baptism.

The infant has neither faith nor deeds. Forget it. (James 2:19) is against you.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go back and read post #(1063). I showed you the person is a believer. The person is saved. Thus your comparison does not work for infant baptism.
The infant has neither faith nor deeds. Forget it. (James 2:19) is against you.

Stranger
WRONG.
Being a "believer" doesn't save you - and I already PROVED that in post #1069.

James
assures his readers that even the DEMONS believe and tremble (James 2:19), so if that is ALL you do - then you're NO better off than the demons.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I WON'T do that because that is NOT what Scripture commands us to do.

Scripture commands us to listen to the CHURCH as if we were listening to Christ and accept His CHURCH as we would accept HIM (Luke 10:16). Scripture tells us that WHATEVER His CHURCH ordains o earth shall be ordained in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, John 16:12-15).

Your rejections of His Church is a rejection of HIM and the ONE who sent Him (Luke 10:16).

You won't do it because you can't do it and be Roman.

I don't mind listening to the leaders of a church. But I don't listen to the leaders of the Roman Church.

I don't reject His Church. I am part of His Church. I reject Romes effort to place me under their rule and authority.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
Being a "believer" doesn't save you - and I already PROVED that in post #1069.

James
assures his readers that even the DEMONS believe and tremble (James 2:19), so if that is ALL you do - then you're NO better off than the demons.

I gave you the verses. I don't know what else to say. James is clear that the person is a believer.

Being a believer saves you because it means you have exercised faith in Christ. Salvation is not offered to demons even if they have good works. Do you think satan can not do good works? How will anti-christ be known? A great peace maker. Learn to think for yourself.

Your comparison with infant baptism and (James 2:19) doesn't work. In fact (James 2:19) destroys your whole argument, as I have already said.

Stranger

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph.2;

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in the King James Bible .....................................!!!!!!!!!!

Eph.2;

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You won't do it because you can't do it and be Roman.
I don't mind listening to the leaders of a church. But I don't listen to the leaders of the Roman Church.
I don't reject His Church. I am part of His Church. I reject Romes effort to place me under their rule and authority.
Stranger
I'm not a Roman -I'm an American.
You have rejected Christ's Church and the Authority he has given it, plain and simple.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the verses. I don't know what else to say. James is clear that the person is a believer.

Being a believer saves you because it means you have exercised faith in Christ. Salvation is not offered to demons even if they have good works. Do you think satan can not do good works? How will anti-christ be known? A great peace maker. Learn to think for yourself.

Your comparison with infant baptism and (James 2:19) doesn't work. In fact (James 2:19) destroys your whole argument, as I have already said.

Stranger
No - being a believer DOESN'T save you, as I educated you earlier in James 2:19, where he says that even the DEMONS are believers.
True Faith, as James points out = Belief + Works (obedience (James 2:14-26).

As for your second ignorant comment in RED - the answer is NO. Satan CANNOT do good works.
Good works are those done for GOD'S glory - and nobody else's. Even if you feed the hungry and clothe the naked - they are NOT good works if you are doing them for ANYTHING other than God's glory.

You should KNOW this . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a Roman -I'm an American.
You have rejected Christ's Church and the Authority he has given it, plain and simple.

American has nothing to do with it. Roman does. Roman Pontiff. Roman Curia. Roman Church. Rome. You are Roman.

I reject the Roman rule. Yes.

Stranger