Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - being a believer DOESN'T save you, as I educated you earlier in James 2:19, where he says that even the DEMONS are believers.
True Faith, as James points out = Belief + Works (obedience (James 2:14-26).

As for your second ignorant comment in RED - the answer is NO. Satan CANNOT do good works.
Good works are those done for GOD'S glory - and nobody else's. Even if you feed the hungry and clothe the naked - they are NOT good works if you are doing them for ANYTHING other than God's glory.

You should KNOW this . . .

Nice try at deflecting. (James 2:19) destroys your water baptism regeneration.

The infant has neither faith or works.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
American has nothing to do with it. Roman does. Roman Pontiff. Roman Curia. Roman Church. Rome. You are Roman.

I reject the Roman rule. Yes.

Stranger
No, I'm an American.

The Bishop of Rome is in Rome. My Bishop is here in the States.

Don't further expose your ignorance . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm an American.

The Bishop of Rome is in Rome. My Bishop is here in the States.

Don't further expose your ignorance . . .

You answer to the Roman Pontiff. (The Documents of Vatican II, All Sixteen Official Texts Promulgated By The Ecumenical Council 1963-1965, Abbott, Gallagher, America Press, Geoffrey Chapman, p.43)

"But the college or body of bishops has no authority unless it is simultaneously conceived of in terms of its head, the Roman Pontiff, Peter's successor, and without any lessening of his power of primacy over all, pastors as well as the general faithful. For in virtue of his office, that is, as Vicar of Christ and pastor of the whole Church, the Roman Pontiff has full, supreme, and universal power over the Church, And he can always exercise this power freely."

"The order of Bishops is the successor to the college of the apostles in teaching authority....Together with its head, the Roman Pontiff, and never without this head, the episcopal order is the subject of supreme and full power over the universal Church. But this power can be exercised only with the consent of the Roman Pontiff."

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You answer to the Roman Pontiff. (The Documents of Vatican II, All Sixteen Official Texts Promulgated By The Ecumenical Council 1963-1965, Abbott, Gallagher, America Press, Geoffrey Chapman, p.43)

"But the college or body of bishops has no authority unless it is simultaneously conceived of in terms of its head, the Roman Pontiff, Peter's successor, and without any lessening of his power of primacy over all, pastors as well as the general faithful. For in virtue of his office, that is, as Vicar of Christ and pastor of the whole Church, the Roman Pontiff has full, supreme, and universal power over the Church, And he can always exercise this power freely."

"The order of Bishops is the successor to the college of the apostles in teaching authority....Together with its head, the Roman Pontiff, and never without this head, the episcopal order is the subject of supreme and full power over the universal Church. But this power can be exercised only with the consent of the Roman Pontiff."

Stranger
Being obedient to Christ's Church doesn't revoke my American citizenship and make me a "Roman", Einstein - any more that following Jesus makes me a Nazarene.

Does that make all Lutherans German or all Calvinists Swiss??
Yours is an idiotic position . . .

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me any Protestant that holds to infant salvation by water baptism and I will show you a Protestant that is wrong. Scriptures don't teach it.

I reject water Baptismal Regeneration. You and Rome do not see the difference between water and Spirit baptism.

My faith is in Christ as given us to know in the Scriptures. Yours is in the Roman Church.

Stranger
Hey Stranger.....Your statement that your "faith is in Christ as given us to know in the Scriptures" makes no sense.

You may have faith that YOU interpreted Scripture correctly but that's all it is....YOUR interpretation of Scripture.

Not sure how your interpretation is any more valid than the men who lived closest to the time of Christ who are all well respected Christian theologians but you seem to think you are right sooooooo good luck.

Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being obedient to Christ's Church doesn't revoke my American citizenship and make me a "Roman", Einstein - any more that following Jesus makes me a Nazarene.

Does that make all Lutherans German or all Calvinists Swiss??
Yours is an idiotic position . . .

Do you disagree with statements of Vatican II that I quoted in post#(1083)? Or, do you agree?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Stranger.....Your statement that your "faith is in Christ as given us to know in the Scriptures" makes no sense.

You may have faith that YOU interpreted Scripture correctly but that's all it is....YOUR interpretation of Scripture.

Not sure how your interpretation is any more valid than the men who lived closest to the time of Christ who are all well respected Christian theologians but you seem to think you are right sooooooo good luck.

Mary

Thanks Mary. By the way, you need to do something with that new avatar. It is incorrect. True love is not having never been hurt. It is having been hurt and loving anyway. As usual, your teaching is very shallow.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you disagree with statements of Vatican II that I quoted in post#(1083)? Or, do you agree?

Stranger
I don't disagree with the statements made at the Second Vatican Council - but that doesn't make me a "Roman". It makes me a faithful Catholic - or at least a person striving to be.

If YOU agree with the Paris Climate Accord - does that make you a Parisian??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Mary. By the way, you need to do something with that new avatar. It is incorrect. True love is not having never been hurt. It is having been hurt and loving anyway. As usual, your teaching is very shallow.

Stranger
That's why her avatar says, "Love LIKE you've never been hurt".
SAME thing . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't disagree with the statements made at the Second Vatican Council - but that doesn't make me a "Roman". It makes me a faithful Catholic - or at least a person striving to be.

If YOU agree with the Paris Climate Accord - does that make you a Parisian??

Your Pope who is over you is the Roman Pope. It is he who dictates how things are in the Roman church. This negates your statements in post #(1082) that you gave to show the Roman Pontiff is not over you.

You are Roman. Why don't you want to admit it?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Pope who is over you is the Roman Pope. It is he who dictates how things are in the Roman church. This negates your statements in post #(1082) that you gave to show the Roman Pontiff is not over you.

Stranger
Once again, Einstein - Jesus is over ALL but that doesn't make ME a a Nazarene.
Your argument here is idiotic.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
From what denomination or faith tradition are you?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, Einstein - Jesus is over ALL but that doesn't make ME a a Nazarene.
Your argument here is idiotic.

You're playing with words. You are the wordsmith. I never said you were a Roman citizen. I said your church is Roman. And it is because the Roman Pontiff is who you answer to. It is really very simple. I am puzzled by this refusal of yours to be identified with the Roman Church.

Do you answer to the Roman Pontiff or not? If you tell me no you answer to your bishop, then does your bishop answer to the Roman Pontiff or not. If you tell me no, then what does the statement in Vatican II mean, that I showed you in post #(1083)?

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what denomination or faith tradition are you?

My original background is Southern Baptist. They were similar to the Roman Church in that all was really dictated from the Southern Baptist Convention, and it's center was Fort Worth. They would never admit that. In fact they would declare all the Southern Baptist churches were independent. But just wait till you had a doctrinal issue with them and you would find out that they controlled the Southern Baptist churches. Of course much of that is no more as they have divided also.

Once, in my early Christian years, when I was a member of a Southern Baptist Church, they had a guest speaker. And after the service me and a close friend of mine were still sitting in the pews looking in the Bible concerning some things he said. The guest speaker being done with the handshakes saw us and came over and said, "that is going to get you boys in a lot of trouble". Whether he was kidding or not, I don't know. But, he was right.

I have been a member of the Presbyterian Church of America. I liked it very much. They in fact did baptize infants, though I don't think it was for salvation purpose.

And I have been a member of various other denominations, but they were independent of any larger control. Bible Churches. Independent Baptist. etc. etc.

I am Christian part of the Catholic Church. I am Protestant. I am Evangelical. I can worship with any believers no matter what denomination. That includes the Roman Church.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
Thank you Stranger. You should change the status of your faith listed under your avatar and your avatar. It say's Christian and it shows a picture of what appears to be a man. :rolleyes:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're playing with words. You are the wordsmith. I never said you were a Roman citizen. I said your church is Roman. And it is because the Roman Pontiff is who you answer to. It is really very simple. I am puzzled by this refusal of yours to be identified with the Roman Church.

Do you answer to the Roman Pontiff or not? If you tell me no you answer to your bishop, then does your bishop answer to the Roman Pontiff or not. If you tell me no, then what does the statement in Vatican II mean, that I showed you in post #(1083)?

Stranger
In that case, I'm not a "Roman" - I'm a Catholic.
AGAIN - your idiotic argument would render me a "Nazarene" since I follow Christ . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My original background is Southern Baptist. They were similar to the Roman Church in that all was really dictated from the Southern Baptist Convention, and it's center was Fort Worth. They would never admit that. In fact they would declare all the Southern Baptist churches were independent. But just wait till you had a doctrinal issue with them and you would find out that they controlled the Southern Baptist churches. Of course much of that is no more as they have divided also.

Once, in my early Christian years, when I was a member of a Southern Baptist Church, they had a guest speaker. And after the service me and a close friend of mine were still sitting in the pews looking in the Bible concerning some things he said. The guest speaker being done with the handshakes saw us and came over and said, "that is going to get you boys in a lot of trouble". Whether he was kidding or not, I don't know. But, he was right.

I have been a member of the Presbyterian Church of America. I liked it very much. They in fact did baptize infants, though I don't think it was for salvation purpose.

And I have been a member of various other denominations, but they were independent of any larger control. Bible Churches. Independent Baptist. etc. etc.

I am Christian part of the Catholic Church. I am Protestant. I am Evangelical. I can worship with any believers no matter what denomination. That includes the Roman Church.

Stranger
Oh, you/'re a Protestant alright - but not a Catholic.
That's an oxymoron . . .