Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More lies. Baptism does not bring one, or 'initiate' one into the New Covenant. That is done by faith, and faith alone. (Acts 16:31) (Acts 8:37-38) Then comes baptism.

Circumcision identified one as a child of Israel. It didn't identify one as a child of God.

Stranger

Yes, circumcision identified one as coming from "the loins of" Jacob/Israel. It did not necessarily indicate that one was a believer--the Israelites who practiced child sacrifice were almost certainly unbelievers--Yahweh had forbidden human sacrifice.

An example of confusing nationality or ethnicity with religion: An Italian-Canadian friend of mine became an evangelical Christian and one day, because his father was getting up in years, decided that he needed to try to coax his dad away from the RCC. My friend started off by telling his dad that he had become an evangelical Christian and that the father should too. The startled father replied, "What do you mean that you are not a Catholic anymore?! You're Italian--of course you're a Catholic!" In the father's mind, one's ethnicity dictated one's religion. Germans were Lutheran, the English were Anglican, etc.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More lies. Baptism does not bring one, or 'initiate' one into the New Covenant. That is done by faith, and faith alone. (Acts 16:31) (Acts 8:37-38) Then comes baptism.
Circumcision identified one as a child of Israel. It didn't identify one as a child of God.
Stranger
That's because people weren't identified as "sons of God" in the OT - with the exception of Adam and the nation of Israel. The latter case is actually a prophecy about Jesus (Hos. 11:1).

Interestingly, Luke 18:15 says, “Now they were bringing even INFANTS to him” (Prosepheron de auto kai ta brepha). The Greek brepha means “infants”. Jesus rebuked His disciples for trying to shoo them away (Luke 18:15–16). The last time I checked infants are completely UNABLE to come to Christ on their own and cannot possibly make a conscious decision to “accept" Him as "personal Lord and Savior.”
They were brought to Him by their parents.

Infant Baptism
is the fulfillment of circumcision where infant boys were brought into the Covenant with God by their parents. PAUL , writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit makes this comparison - not ME . . .
Col 2:11-12

In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, HAVING BEEN BURIED WITH HIM IN BAPTISM, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

YOUR refusal to accept this Biblical truth is something YOU need to work out with the Holy Spirit - NOT with me . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your avatar clearly states you offer the cracker and no wine also. So what?

No, I am not 'anti-catholic'. I am not even 'anti-Roman'. But I am anti-you, and any other priests in the Roman church that represent the bondage that you hold the believers in Christ in.

So, I am anti-papcy. I am anti-breadoflife. You are the textbook of what I am anti about concerning the Roman Church.

Stranger
I've nailed you on this lie repeatedly but you insist on regurgitating your asinine fairy tales.

I've warned you over and over again that I will expose you at every turn when you lie. Anyway - I KNOW you're anti-Bread of Life - but you don't have to confess that to ME. You'll have a tough enough time confessing it to HIM . . .

The Holy Eucharist is offered under BOTH species in the Catholic Church - as these photos clearly illustrate, Einstein . . .
EucharisticMinisters-1.jpg
EM.jpg
euchminis.jpg
IMG_0784.JPG

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That shows the kind of fruit the RCC produces.
I've nailed you on this lie repeatedly but you insist on regurgitating your asinine fairy tales.

I've warned you over and over again that I will expose you at every turn when you lie. Anyway - I KNOW you're anti-Bread of Life - but you don't have to confess that to ME. You'll have a tough enough time confessing it to HIM . . .

The Holy Eucharist is offered under BOTH species in the Catholic Church - as these photos clearly illustrate, Einstein . . .
EM.jpg
euchminis.jpg
IMG_0784.JPG
No you haven't nailed anything, but shown the results of belonging to the Roman Cult, your responses are abusive and pitiable. Thanks for warning everyone who has spiritual sense & earnestly seeking God away from the RCC as you have shown repeatedly the kind of rotten fruit it produces.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because people weren't identified as "sons of God" in the OT - with the exception of Adam and the nation of Israel. The latter case is actually a prophecy about Jesus (Hos. 11:1).

Interestingly, Luke 18:15 says, “Now they were bringing even INFANTS to him” (Prosepheron de auto kai ta brepha). The Greek brepha means “infants”. Jesus rebuked His disciples for trying to shoo them away (Luke 18:15–16). The last time I checked infants are completely UNABLE to come to Christ on their own and cannot possibly make a conscious decision to “accept" Him as "personal Lord and Savior.”
They were brought to Him by their parents.

Infant Baptism
is the fulfillment of circumcision where infant boys were brought into the Covenant with God by their parents. PAUL , writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit makes this comparison - not ME . . .
Col 2:11-12

In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, HAVING BEEN BURIED WITH HIM IN BAPTISM, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

YOUR refusal to accept this Biblical truth is something YOU need to work out with the Holy Spirit - NOT with me . . .

Again, circumcision did not make one a child of God. Circumcision did not convert one from a lost state to a saved state.

(Luke 18:15-16) is not about water baptism. It is about childlike faith. Jesus didn't baptize any of these.

(Col. 2:11-12) is not about water baptism. It is about the true act of the Holy Spirit in placing us in the position we are in as believers in Christ.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

EM.jpg
euchminis.jpg
IMG_0784.JPG

Yes, yes I know. You have plenty of pictures. You and I both know it is a very small percentage of Romanists who give the wine and the bread.

That's why all you have in your hand is the cracker. Where is the wine in your picture?

Stranger

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, yes I know. You have plenty of pictures. You and I both know it is a very small percentage of Romanists who give the wine and the bread.

That's why all you have in your hand is the cracker. Where is the wine in your picture?

Stranger

Yes--I checked with a former-Catholic friend about who gets to drink the wine. She said, "Only the priest drinks the wine--I figure that's why a bunch of priests are alcoholics." :rolleyes:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That shows the kind of fruit the RCC produces.

No you haven't nailed anything, but shown the results of belonging to the Roman Cult, your responses are abusive and pitiable. Thanks for warning everyone who has spiritual sense & earnestly seeking God away from the RCC as you have shown repeatedly the kind of rotten fruit it produces.
And thank YOU for showing us how YOU are filled with same hypocrisy as the Pharisees who ALSO became "indignant" when Jesus would expose them . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--I checked with a former-Catholic friend about who gets to drink the wine. She said, "Only the priest drinks the wine--I figure that's why a bunch of priests are alcoholics." :rolleyes:
And that's why YOU and Stranger are so ignorant - because you don't go to the source.
Asking nominal, unfaithful Catholics about the Mass is like asking the janitor at NASA how to build a rocket . . .

The Eucharist is offered under BOTH species.
See post #263 for the photographic proof . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, circumcision did not make one a child of God. Circumcision did not convert one from a lost state to a saved state.

(Luke 18:15-16) is not about water baptism. It is about childlike faith. Jesus didn't baptize any of these.

(Col. 2:11-12) is not about water baptism. It is about the true act of the Holy Spirit in placing us in the position we are in as believers in Christ.

Stranger
WRONG.
Circumcision ABSOLUTELY made a person one of God's People. Without it - you were NOT in the Covenant with Him and were NOT considered a Jew, one of His Chosen.

NEVER said that Luke 18:15-16 was about Baptism. It is about how children and infants are INCLUDED in the New Covenant and will NOT be left out.

Col 2:11-12 IS about Water Baptism. NOWHERE does it even imply anything different.
Stop trying to ADD to Scripture what it NOT there . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
Well, first of all - we're not "Romanists", we're Catholics.
And, we don't drink "wine". We drink Christ's BLOOD . . .
Ignatius of Antioch
Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2-7:1 [A.D. 110]).

Justin Martyr
For not as common bread nor common drink do we receive these, but since Jesus Christ our Savior was made incarnate by the word of God and had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so too, as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nurtured, IS BOTH THE FLESH AND BLOOD OF THAT INCARNATED JESUS (First Apology 66 [A.D. 151]).

Irenaeus
When, therefore, the mixed cup [wine and water] and the baked bread receive the Word of God and become the Eucharist, the body of Christ, and from these the substance of our flesh is increased and supported) how can they say that the flesh is not capable of receiving the gift of God, which is eternal life — flesh which is nourished by the BODY AND BLOOD OF THE LORD and is in fact a member of him? (Against Heresies 5:2 [A.D. 189]).

Clement of Alexandria
"Eat my flesh)" [Jesus] says, "and drink my blood." The Lord supplies us with these intimate nutrients, he delivers over HIS FLESH and pours out HIS BLOOD, and nothing is lacking for the growth of his children (The Instructor of Children 1:6:43:3 [A.D. 191]).

Hippolytus
"And she [Wisdom] has furnished her table" [Proverbs 9:1] . . . refers to his [Christ's] honored and undefiled BODY AND BLOOD, which day by day are administered and offered sacrificially at the spiritual divine table, as a memorial of that first and ever-memorable table of the spiritual divine supper [i.e., the Last Supper] (Fragment from Commentary on Proverbs [A.D. 217]).

Aphraahat
After having spoken thus [at the Last Supper], the Lord rose up from the place where he had made the Passover and had given his body as food and his blood as drink, and he went with his disciples to the place where he was to be arrested. But he ate of his own body and drank of his own blood, while he was pondering on the dead. With His own hands the Lord presented HIS OWN BODY TO BE EATEN, and before he was crucified HE GAVE HIS BLOOD AS DRINK (Treatises 12:6 [A.D. 340]).

Cyril of Jerusalem
The bread and the wine of the Eucharist before the holy invocation of the adorable Trinity were simple bread and wine, but the invocation having been made, the bread becomes the BODY OF CHRIST and the wine the BLOOD OF CHRIST (Catechetical Lectures 19:7 [A.D. 350]).

Augustine
That bread which you see on the altar having been sanctified by the word of God is the BODY OF CHRIST, That chalice, or rather, what is in that chalice, having been sanctified by the word of God, is the BLOOD OF CHRIST (Sermons 227 [A.D. 411]).

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is something I tried to ask my mom about. I was baptised as a baby, is it all I need? I don't want to put Jesus back on the cross, I just want the salvation, cleansing, filled with the spirit.. my faith in Him is strong, my repentence true.

Wasn't sure where to put this, please move if it's in the wrong forum. Ty

Me too Acolyte. Christened as a baby - or as the C of E prefers to call is baptised. Brought up in the C of E even though my parents never attended and found Jesus later in life when I was 35. I had always thought I was a Christian until a local vicar gave me a little booklet called, 'Journey Into Life'. After I read it realised that had a choice I asked forgiveness and joined the local church where the foundations of my faith were built and I was later filled with the Spirit.

After a while I felt God was telling me to be baptised but as the vicar was prevented by tradition from doing it I left and joined a non-denominational church and never looked back.

It is a very personal choice for you to make. But I believe that infant baptism doesn't count as it must be dependent on understanding. I argued for ages that I didn't need to do it until God showed me a verse which says, "And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptised and wash your sins away, calling on his name.” Acts 22:16. That settled it, so I did it and am so glad I did. I hope you will too. God bless.

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Me too Acolyte. Christened as a baby - or as the C of E prefers to call is baptised. Brought up in the C of E even though my parents never attended and found Jesus later in life when I was 35. I had always thought I was a Christian until a local vicar gave me a little booklet called, 'Journey Into Life'. After I read it realised that had a choice I asked forgiveness and joined the local church where the foundations of my faith were built and I was later filled with the Spirit.

After a while I felt God was telling me to be baptised but as the vicar was prevented by tradition from doing it I left and joined a non-denominational church and never looked back.

It is a very personal choice for you to make. But I believe that infant baptism doesn't count as it must be dependent on understanding. I argued for ages that I didn't need to do it until God showed me a verse which says, "And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptised and wash your sins away, calling on his name.” Acts 22:16. That settled it, so I did it and am so glad I did. I hope you will too. God bless.
Yes, baptism is a public confession because of what has already happened, not in order to receive forgiveness. Acts 2.41.

Reactions: Acolyte and Pearl

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 2:11-12 IS about Water Baptism. NOWHERE does it even imply anything different.
Stop trying to ADD to Scripture what it NOT there . . .

WRONG

Water Bpatism is NOT in view in Col 2:11-12!!

There is only ONE BAPTISM (Eph 4:5) that saves and that is circumscribed in Titus 3:5 as the washing of regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Baptism means “to wash” if you already did not know it.

BTW, Water Baptism does NOT save anyone. It is a shadow of the real thing.

To God Be The Glory

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And thank YOU for showing us how YOU are filled with same hypocrisy as the Pharisees who ALSO became "indignant" when Jesus would expose them . . .

Isaiah 5:20 " 20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who turn darkness to light and light to darkness, Who Replace bitter with sweet and sweet with bitter. 21 Woe to Those Who are Wise in Their Own eyes and Clever in Their Own Sight..."

Sorry but the Roman Catholic Church epidomizes the modern day Pharisees who added to the Bible scripture, reinterpreted it and usurped it as God's sole written Authority and gave THEMSELVES the equal authority to MAKE up Their Own Scriptures, false Doctrines, & Religious Traditions.
Interestingly there are anathemas in the Bible for adding or subtracting to the Holy Bible, & what does the RCC do then? well , it declares it's OWN anathemas, like the one upon the Protestants who refused to bow the knee to Rome. Sorry to say, looks like the RCC is the religious imposter who usurps God's authority. Trying to name it'self " THE" church" and Christ's "bride" . The RCC is a counterfeit of Christianity right down the middle.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you should be baptized. You haven't been baptized yet as you made no confession of your faith as an infant. You won't be putting Christ back on the Cross. You will be pleasing Him in being baptized.

Stranger

What about John the Baptist who was saved in his mother's womb or the thief on the cross?!?! Your knowledge of Scripture is nothing but dung as per the rest of your theology.

To God Be The Glory

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 5:20 " 20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who turn darkness to light and light to darkness, Who Replace bitter with sweet and sweet with bitter. 21 Woe to Those Who are Wise in Their Own eyes and Clever in Their Own Sight..."

Sorry but the Roman Catholic Church epidomizes the modern day Pharisees who added to the Bible scripture, reinterpreted it and usurped it as God's sole written Authority and gave THEMSELVES the equal authority to MAKE up Their Own Scriptures, false Doctrines, & Religious Traditions.
Interestingly there are anathemas in the Bible for adding or subtracting to the Holy Bible, & what does the RCC do then? well , it declares it's OWN anathemas, like the one upon the Protestants who refused to bow the knee to Rome. Sorry to say, looks like the RCC is the religious imposter who usurps God's authority. Trying to name it'self " THE" church" and Christ's "bride" . The RCC is a counterfeit of Christianity right down the middle.
While we're talking about "counterfeits" - you may as well add yourself to the list because EVERY one of your posts contains lies. Like the proverbial schoolteacher, I usually mark them in RED and go down the list . . .

Now, as I have educated you on numerous posts - you erroneously use the term "Roman Catholic Church" when you simply don't understand what that means. Would you care to explain??

Secondly, you claim that the Catholic Church "made up their own Scriptures."
This is one of the most idiotic things you've ever said because even the most virulent anti-Catholics out there would never make this statement. Ummmmmmm, would you care to provide documented evidence for this??

Idiotic comment #3: You claim that the Catholic Church issued an anathema on Protestants for "refusing to bow the knee to Rome."
Would you care to tell me WHICH Council issue this "anathema"?? What year was it issued??

Do you even understand what an "anathema" is - and against WHOM they are issued??

I can't WAIT to read your response . . .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
WRONG

Water Bpatism is NOT in view in Col 2:11-12!!

There is only ONE BAPTISM (Eph 4:5) that saves and that is circumscribed in Titus 3:5 as the washing of regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Baptism means “to wash” if you already did not know it.

BTW, Water Baptism does NOT save anyone. It is a shadow of the real thing.

To God Be The Glory

I agree that water baptism doesn't save anybody but baptism is a public confession to the world that we are indeed saved and have decided to follow Jesus. Of course there are people that will go through the motions, but God knows their hearts and their motives and knows when it is genuine and when it is not.