Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true. Only a small percentage of Romanists allow their flock to drink the wine. Only the priests. And the priests then salve this wrong by saying that it is 'offered', so it is partaken. More papacy Romanist bs.

Stranger
Continuously.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, first of all - we're not "Romanists", we're Catholics.
And, we don't drink "wine". We drink Christ's BLOOD . . .

No, you're not 'catholic' because you reject the real catholic church. The universal Body of Christ. You are Romanists because you adhere to 'Roman' doctrine that enslaved the Church of Jesus Christ.

Thus you the papacy priests drink Christ's blood but don't allow the believers in the Church to partake. I know, show me some more pictures. Pictures are always good to catch a 2 year old's attention. Which is why it catches yours.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So blinded.
HOW so?
Was God NOT pleased with the ornate Temple??

Are you actually going to explain this time - or is this just another one of your cowardly hit-and-run posts??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about John the Baptist who was saved in his mother's womb or the thief on the cross?!?! Your knowledge of Scripture is nothing but dung as per the rest of your theology.

To God Be The Glory

What about it? Explain what you mean by 'John the Baptist' and the 'thief on the cross".

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define “water and the Spirit”, and I’ll guarantee that’s NOT what you think it means!!

To God Be The Glory
It DOESN'T mean amniotic fluid.
Nicodemus was asking about how to be REBORN - not born.

If you want the answer, go just a couple of chapters earlier to the Baptism of Christ. in John 1.
He was Baptized with WATER - and the HOLY SPIRIT showed up n the form of a dove.

The prophecy regarding Baptism spoke of WATER and SPIRIT . . .
Ezek 36:25-27
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Peter's explanation
regarding Baptism spoke of WATER and SPIRIT . . .
Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HOW so?
Was God NOT pleased with the ornate Temple??

Are you actually going to explain this time - or is this just another one of your cowardly hit-and-run posts??
You act anything but submitted to Christ & you are an abuser of those in these threads. You can't just discuss or dialogue or debate without verbally abusing others.
Based on what, exactly??
'YOUR disapproval - or something else??
Based upon comparing the rcc to what's in scripture. The rcc is an impersonator of Christ's church , exalting itself as divine, while it attacks the true church of Christ. You are one of it's foot soldiers, and classic in the personification of condescending religious pride.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want the answer, go just a couple of chapters earlier to the Baptism of Christ. in John 1.
He was Baptized with WATER - and the HOLY SPIRIT showed up n the form of a dove.

We cannot enter into Jesus’ baptism. His baptism has a a different purpose than ours. Einstein.

To God Be The Glory

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right. (Luke 18:15-16) is not about water baptism. So glad you agree.

Nothing in (Col. 2:11-12) speaks to water baptism. It is the baptism of the Spirit.

Stranger
Actually - that's a LIE.

NOTHING
in this passage states that it is talking about Baptism of the Spirit.
It is simply talking about "Baptism." YOU are again, adding to Scripture what is NOT there . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot enter into Jesus’ baptism. His baptism has a a different purpose than ours. Einstein.

To God Be The Glory
His Baptism was the PROTOTYPE - just as His Resurrection was.

The first 3 Chapters of John's Gospel are literally DRENCHED with the transforming waters of Baptism.
Chapter 1 - Jesus is Baptized and the Holy Spirit appears.
Chapter 2 - At the Wedding at Cana, Jesus transform water into wine in His fist recorded miracle.
Chapter 3 - Jesus tells Nicodemus explicitly that a man CANNOT enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of Water and Spirit. Right after their conversation, Jesus and His Apostles spend time BAPTIZING people.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You act anything but submitted to Christ & you are an abuser of those in these threads. You can't just discuss or dialogue or debate without verbally abusing others.
It ALWAYS cracks me up when anti-Catholics like YOU become "indignant" when they are exposed by a Catholic.

I'm not "rude" - I simply won't allow you to get away with your manure-slinging . . .
Based upon comparing the rcc to what's in scripture. The rcc is an impersonator of Christ's church , exalting itself as divine, while it attacks the true church of Christ. You are one of it's foot soldiers, and classic in the personification of condescending religious pride.
And that is simply another generic attack.
EVIDENCE, please.

Like the old saying goes - put up or shut up . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you're not 'catholic' because you reject the real catholic church. The universal Body of Christ. You are Romanists because you adhere to 'Roman' doctrine that enslaved the Church of Jesus Christ.

Thus you the papacy priests drink Christ's blood but don't allow the believers in the Church to partake. I know, show me some more pictures. Pictures are always good to catch a 2 year old's attention. Which is why it catches yours.

Stranger
What's "Roman" doctrine?
Can you explain??

And the ONLY reason the pictures bother you is because they sink your idiotic argument . . .

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first 3 Chapters of John's Gospel are literally DRENCHED with the transforming waters of Baptism.

Chapter 3 - Jesus tells Nicodemus explicitly that a man CANNOT enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of Water and Spirit. Right after their conversation, Jesus and His Apostles spend time BAPTIZING people.
I knew you wouldn’t understand the meaning of “water and Spirit” when I asked you to define the term. All what you have been doing is telling me what water baptism is all about which I know already. What does the “water” signify? Tell me something I don’t know?!?!

You speak as if you knew the meaning of the term “water and Spirit”? Isn’t that what I asked you to define since you brought it up? Is the question too difficult for you?

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew you wouldn’t understand the meaning of “water and Spirit” when I asked you to define the term. All what you have been doing is telling me what water baptism is all about which I know already. What does the “water” signify? Tell me something I don’t know?!?!

You speak as if you knew the meaning of the term “water and Spirit”? Isn’t that what I asked you to define since you brought it up? Is the question too difficult for you?

To God Be The Glory
I don't know how many times I need to post verses about the symbolism of the Water CLEANSING us from our iniquities. It was prophesied in Ezek 36:25-27. Whereas Moses sprinkled an animal's blood on the people, we are symbolically washed with water in Baptism. This is the purity of Christ.
What part don't you understand??

What do YOU think the significance of the Water is??

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do YOU think the significance of the Water is??
I thought you’ll never ask. The water is a synonym for the Gospel. You couldn’t have known this because only a child of God does, and you are a Catholic.

Support verse: John 7:38

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water” which is the Gospel.

BTW, where in Scripture does it say Jesus baptized anyone? I know Paul baptized just a handful, but Jesus? Well, I could be wrong.

To God Be The Glory

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should I be rebaptised?

To the OP only.

If you are speaking of water baptism what is the point since it has no value?

If you are speaking of the washing of regeneration, you only do it once, for a child of God who is born from above or of the Father, cannot lose his salvation.

To Go Be The Glory

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It ALWAYS cracks me up when anti-Catholics like YOU become "indignant" when they are exposed by a Catholic.
I'm not "rude" - I simply won't allow you to get away with your manure-slinging . . .
And that is simply another generic attack.
EVIDENCE, please.
Like the old saying goes - put up or shut up . . .
Too bad, no self perception. Condescension & insults that's all you got.
The rcc interpretation of scripture is error but only with God's grace will you see your error and understand scripture. We can keep posting it , but all you do is "trample under feet and turn again and rend...."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - that's a LIE.

NOTHING
in this passage states that it is talking about Baptism of the Spirit.
It is simply talking about "Baptism." YOU are again, adding to Scripture what is NOT there . . .

Everything described by Paul in (Col. 2:10-13) is accomplished by the Spirit. It is describing that which God has actually and really done for the believer. It is not accomplished by being water baptized. Just as is described in (1 Cor. 12:13), it is of the Spirit.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's "Roman" doctrine?
Can you explain??

And the ONLY reason the pictures bother you is because they sink your idiotic argument . . .

You know what Roman doctrine is just like you know who the Roman church is.

Actually the picture itself does not bother me. I am glad to see that there is still a smattering of believers in the Roman church who can partake of the wine, blood also. What I don't like is your inference that it is common today in the Roman church. It is not.

Stranger

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I thought you’ll never ask. The water is a synonym for the Gospel. You couldn’t have known this because only a child of God does, and you are a Catholic.

Support verse: John 7:38

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water” which is the Gospel.

It also represents the cleansing of the Church "by the washing of the water of the word" (Ephesians 5:26). It is the Blood of Christ and the "birth from above" which makes it the "living water". The Church is thus cleansed in two ways--by the Blood which cleanses from sin, and by the "water of the word" which encourages holiness. But, without the Holy Spirit, (who is our "helper") we can continue to do religious somersaults for our entire lives and be no better off. One isn't even a Christian without the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9). 1John 2:27 tells us that we don't even need to be taught because we have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit to "teach us everything we need to know". I doubt that John is saying here that we don't need teachers in the Church. Rather, I expect that he is emphasizing the importance of the Holy Spirit-inspired word of God, and His indwelling presence over the thoughts of humans.

BTW, where in Scripture does it say Jesus baptized anyone? I know Paul baptized just a handful, but Jesus? Well, I could be wrong.

John 4:1-2 specifically states that Jesus DID NOT, Himself, baptize anyone--that His disciples did. :)

Reactions: tzcho2