Should people be called teachers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robbie wrote:

Dude... Peter says that unstable people twist Paul's writings as they do the scriptures...

Not quite and you know it... Dude. Peter does not say that unstable people twist Paul's writings as they do the Scriptures. He says that unstable people twist Paul's writings as they do the other Scriptures.

Did you catch it that time? Peter considers Paul's writings to be inspired Scripture. Now. . .

1. Are Paul's epistles inspired Scripture as Peter says?

2. Is Paul wrong about the following statement?

1Co 12:28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I tell you what... why don't you quit twisting and taking out of context what I say...

Dude... Peter says that unstable people twist Paul's writings as they do the scriptures...

I don't twist Paul's writing... I take them as they are... so when he points out that he just lays the foundation of Christ and that he's nothing and that it's God that adds the increase... I not only repeat him word for word but I'm in agreement with His beliefs... I do the same... I testify to Christ... He's the foundation... but it's only God that adds the increase... God's the only teacher... He's the only One that can add increase...

People who twist what Paul writes are those that say something like, "What Paul really meant is that he wanted us to believe that he really is something and the foundation is the bible and increase comes from reading Paul's letters because they're God's Word"

I understand that my beliefs disagree with your religion... and that you're going to defend your religion tell your blue in the face... so let's just accept we believe different and move on... otherwise this will just go on and on forever... it aint gonna go anywhere homey because if you've already made up in your mind that your religion is right you've already made up in your mind that anyone that disagrees with you is wrong... even if that person is Paul or Jesus...

I'm pointing out to you what Paul SIMPLY says about himself and your arguing with Paul (not me) because of a letter Peter wrote talking about those that twist Paul's letters... but you're never gonna see that as long as you come from the foundation that you must be right because your religion is right...

Hope this blesses you man...

As far as the thing you keep trying to trap me in... I believe they twist Paul's letters (epistles) the same way they do also the rest of the scriptures.

Which is exactly how it's written..
2 Peter 3:16 (New King James Version)
as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

I'm telling you dude... you gotta quit pulling sentences out of context and then twisting them around whether it's what Paul writes or someone else on this board...

So one more time... in context... I'm in agreement with Paul... I'm in agreement with Peter... you're asking me to think beyond what they write and make a judgment... no thank you...

I don't twist Paul's writing... I take them as they are... so when he points out that he just lays the foundation of Christ and that he's nothing and that it's God that adds the increase... I not only repeat him word for word but I'm in agreement with His beliefs... I do the same... I testify to Christ... He's the foundation... but it's only God that adds the increase... God's the only teacher... He's the only One that can add increase...

People who twist what Paul writes are those that say something like, "What Paul really meant is that he wanted us to believe that he really is something and the foundation is the bible and increase comes from reading Paul's letters because they're God's Word"

I understand that my beliefs disagree with your religion... and that you're going to defend your religion tell your blue in the face... so let's just accept we believe different and move on... otherwise this will just go on and on forever... it aint gonna go anywhere homey because if you've already made up in your mind that your religion is right you've already made up in your mind that anyone that disagrees with you is wrong... even if that person is Paul or Jesus...

I'm pointing out to you what Paul SIMPLY says about himself and your arguing with Paul (not me) because of a letter Peter wrote talking about those that twist Paul's letters... but you're never gonna see that as long as you come from the foundation that you must be right because your religion is right...

Hope this blesses you man...

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that you're still being slippery.

1. Are Paul's epistles inspired Scripture? YES or NO.

2. Is Paul wrong about the following statement? YES or NO

1Co 12:28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
I want to make a public thank you to Hammerstone for reducing my warning stat. And to thank him for allowing my open opinion to be heard.

It doesn't change the fact that people which hold the bible in reverence vs those that prefer a selective approach to it will continue to disagree. Something I would also like for you all and Hammerstone to note in observation is even with disagreement in sola scripture followers vs non sola followers, is this seems to be the point of division between the two camps on this site. I don't hate Catholics per say I gladly include anyone that questions the Slavic validity of the bible alone in that group as well. Lets just face it thats what the whole reformation was based on in the first place. With-out some one defining what position is acceptable, and which is not, we will probably continue to reply the indifferance that has exsisted for hunderes of years. Jesus said you can't serve two masters, IMO that means you believe the only record we have of the first witness of Jesus in the NT and use it as a arbitrator of the truth, or you don't. As well as the Hebrew record of cannon that was establish by the Jews in about 100 BC as well. The Jews did this so future generations would know what they believed, they were being wiped out by the Romans. Israel ceased to be a nation but the Jews had the for-site to canonize the OT.

Well I have to retract my compliment to Hammerstone. He didn't remove my warning stat, it no longer appears in post but it still appears in my profile and PMs.
But what do you say to a 23 year old that hasn't learned playing games is not the salutation. :p

I see you're still playing Robbies game. Keep the kids entertained I guess.

OOPs now its back, my warning stat in post. I guess he has to many people telling him what to do. Give me a fricken break

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I see that you're still being slippery.

2. Is Paul wrong about the following statement? YES or NO

N, you might just as well let it go, rob has his religion and can't see beyond it, so be it! He isn't going to change, you're not going to change, and on it goes.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
N, you might just as well let it go, rob has his religion and can't see beyond it, so be it! He isn't going to change, you're not going to change, and on it goes.

Thanks for the good word Tom.

That's o.k. I'm comforted by the fact that this is a public thread. All who come here can see it. The truth speaks for itself.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I don't affiliate with any religion Tom... only Jesus... religion's are men following men... but as for me Jesus is my only teacher... He's my only foundation... I don't follow men... men can't increase me... only God adds increase... as Paul understood...

and Nomad...

You do the same thing to me that you do to Paul.. you take one sentence out of context and then respond to what isn't even written... and then ignore what is...

I quote Paul exactly word for word talking about himself and take him at his word... and it's simple... he says he just lays the foundation.... that he's nothing... that it's only God that adds the increase... and you wont even recognize what he says about himself because his self opinion doesn't agree with what your religion says about him... instead you take some sentence out of Peter's letter and then ignore what Paul says about himself based on something you twist Peter's letter to mean...

I've noticed a pattern... people who do this with the peoples writings in the bible also do this with peoples writings on this board...

You say something and then the person says, "So what you're saying is..." and it's nothing even close to what you actually said... haha... and then you hear the same person when they read the bible and it says something simple and then the person says, "What the bible is really saying is..." and it once again is nothing close to what was actually said...

Here's what Paul wrote about himself...

Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.

I take it simply... neither Paul nor Appolos are anything... they laid the foundation of Christ and now it's only God that adds the increase... if you disagree with that you're the one disagreeing with Paul... so yeah.. like I said... I might not believe what you say about Paul but I believe what Paul says about himself... I just don't think beyond what he wrote...

And Paul himself has a reason why we shouldn't

Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

He's obviouslly right... and I thank the Lord for teaching me so...

I'm done using my energy in this discussion... hopefully something good will come out of it so I don't feel like it was a waste...

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
I can find lots more Robbie
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/13428-the-devils-work/page__view__findpost__p__102472

You wrote,

Let me first say that I agree that God's voice is not our own voice... it's His voice in us...

But as far as the rest you meaning something other than what you wrote isn't me not understanding you... it's you meaning something other than what you wrote... it's not possible for me to know that you mean something other than what you wrote as I do my best not to think beyond what people write.

So my point was God's voice doesn't have to be something quoted from the bible... it just has to be Him... we know it's Him when we test the Spirit and it's in agreement with His commandment to love one another...

As far as Jesus not contradicting what the bible says... He contradicts a lot of what is said in the old testiment... as we've been talking about in Ecclesiastes...

The one thing I do believe is His Spirit in us will never contradict what Jesus said.

Like the people that try to tell me that God doesn't really care that much about love when Jesus said His command was to love... haha... when people disagree with Jesus is when the red flags go up for me...

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on Robbie. Why do you refuse to give a straightforward answer?

2. Is Paul wrong about the following statement? YES or NO.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Not thinking beyond what's written doesn't mean God can't talk to you outside of the bible... it means when someone on the message board writes...

"I'm going to Disneyland"

you don't say,

"What he really meant by that is he worships Mickey Mouse and hates Jesus and thinks Anaheim is the kingdom of god"

It means when John says,

"You don't have need anyone teach you because the anointing you received teaches you"

you don't say,

"What John really meant was you don't need anyone to teach you because the letters from the apostles teach you"

It means when Paul says,

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase."

you don't say,

"What Paul really means is he is something and it's reading his letters that adds the increase because the bible is our foundation"

haha... FINISHED

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on Robbie. Why do you refuse to give a straightforward answer?

2. Is Paul wrong about the following statement? YES or NO.